AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-22, 08:25   Link #81
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
5 pts to Horo
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 08:29   Link #82
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Another 5 for Horo
__________________
Grimkill7 is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 17:17   Link #83
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
My choice are lame, but they're mine...
5 pts - Horo (Ookami to Koushinryou)
4 pts - Kagami (Lucky*Star)
3 pts - Motoko (Love Hina)
2 pts - Tomoko (Canvas 2)
1 pt - Hazuki (Tsukuyomi Moon Phase)

I don't know that I consider Horo "moe" ... I'm not sure she needs a lot of protecting but I think she needs the attention as one of the more complex personality designs to hit the screens of anime. The rest I'm more clear about. Though there are dozens of worthies from Fate-chan to some of the Manabi Straight and of course, the Moe&Ink-tan duo ... on and on and on.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 17:30   Link #84
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My choice are lame, but they're mine...
5 pts - Horo (Ookami to Koushinryou)
4 pts - Kagami (Lucky*Star)
3 pts - Motoko (Love Hina)
2 pts - Tomoko (Canvas 2)
1 pt - Hazuki (Tsukuyomi Moon Phase)

I don't know that I consider Horo "moe" ... I'm not sure she needs a lot of protecting but I think she needs the attention as one of the more complex personality designs to hit the screens of anime. The rest I'm more clear about. Though there are dozens of worthies from Fate-chan to some of the Manabi Straight and of course, the Moe&Ink-tan duo ... on and on and on.
Kagami has already qualified by means of previous Saimoe presence.

If you vote again and inform minhtam about it, you may give those precious 4 points to someone else .
Cytrus is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 17:30   Link #85
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
My pick

5 point: Chiri Kitsu @ Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
4 point: Masako Hara @ Ghost Hunt
3 point: Triela @ Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-
2 point: Yin @ Darker than Black
1 point: Hayate Yagami @ Nanoha A's/StrikerS

Sorry Horo. I am trying to nominate more girls I like and I know you can make it easily.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 18:47   Link #86
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Err...wow...

This is madness!

My picks ~ pts/name/series

5 - suigintou - rozen maiden

4 - Fate testarossa - mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha

3 - Seto san - seto no hanayome

2 - Shinra Kuonji - Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de

1 - enma ai - jigoku shoujo
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 18:52   Link #87
OverFunk
2014 is the year
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Err...wow...

This is madness!

My picks ~ pts/name/series

5 - suigintou - rozen maiden

4 - Fate testarossa - mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha

3 - Seto san - seto no hanayome

2 - Shinra Kuonji - Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de

1 - enma ai - jigoku shoujo
They're all already in .

This is the best advice:
Quote:
If you vote again and inform minhtam about it, you may give those precious points to someone else .
__________________

Never forget
OverFunk is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 18:55   Link #88
Psieye
Lore Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: GMT +1
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't know that I consider Horo "moe" ... I'm not sure she needs a lot of protecting but I think she needs the attention as one of the more complex personality designs to hit the screens of anime. The rest I'm more clear about. Though there are dozens of worthies from Fate-chan to some of the Manabi Straight and of course, the Moe&Ink-tan duo ... on and on and on.
"Moe" is not restricted to "Prot Moe"~ Semantics can be argued, but "your moe may not be my moe" means "Moe" is deliberately kept vague. Even if general trends can be found, it's a very wide generality.
__________________

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 19:07   Link #89
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
They're all already in .

This is the best advice:
No matter what...not supporting my wifus as defult would be harthen...sorry to the others but these two I won't drop even if they are in ^^
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 21:09   Link #90
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
If it's this easy to participate, then here's my nominations:

5 pts: Horo, Ookami to Koushinryou
4 pts: Ayu Tsukimiya, Kanon
3 pts: Yoko, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2 pts: Miyako Miyamuro, ef - A Tale of Memories
1 pt: Saber, Fate Stay Night

__________________



CrowKenobi is offline  
Old 2008-01-22, 21:31   Link #91
mikoo
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
My Picks

5 - Horo, Ookami to Koushinryou
4 - Shinra Kuonji, Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
3 - Seto San, Seto no hanayome
2 - Saber, Fate Stay Night
1 - Chiaki, Minami ke

mikoo is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 00:28   Link #92
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
At this pace, we may see Horo becoming a tournament favorite.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 01:05   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd be happy to see Horo in this one. Certainly ready to give her support.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 04:06   Link #94
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Okay. Horo's 60 point swing in the past 48 hours did indeed catch my attention, and while I am indeed counting all of them, I did a little research to ensure that it wasn't an inside proxy. I would like to turn your attention to the following link:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=50790&page=41

Discussion of voting for Horo on that particular thread went on for three pages, and it was enough to bring Horo from just outside the parking lot to the center of the ballroom. Although I personally have no problem with it, the moderators think otherwise. On the first post for this thread, I made sure that I copy and pasted Klashikari's rules for this particular thread, and under it states:

Quote:
  • Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
    Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).
Therefore, while I appreciate the publicity you are trying to bring to this tournament, hence why I am not penalizing Horo in any manner, I will state, however, that I am also overseeing any peculiar patterns within the nominations. As I was given permission by the AnimeSuki staff to advertise this league, it is also my responsibility that I moderate to an extent any activity related to the International Saimoe League. While I encourage advertising this tournament to many other fan-based websites out there, please follow the rules for this particular thread.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 04:55   Link #95
Khaos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: München
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Okay. Horo's 60 point swing in the past 48 hours did indeed catch my attention, and while I am indeed counting all of them, I did a little research to ensure that it wasn't an inside proxy. I would like to turn your attention to the following link:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=50790&page=41

Discussion of voting for Horo on that particular thread went on for three pages, and it was enough to bring Horo from just outside the parking lot to the center of the ballroom. Although I personally have no problem with it, the moderators think otherwise. On the first post for this thread, I made sure that I copy and pasted Klashikari's rules for this particular thread, and under it states:



Therefore, while I appreciate the publicity you are trying to bring to this tournament, hence why I am not penalizing Horo in any manner, I will state, however, that I am also overseeing any peculiar patterns within the nominations. As I was given permission by the AnimeSuki staff to advertise this league, it is also my responsibility that I moderate to an extent any activity related to the International Saimoe League. While I encourage advertising this tournament to many other fan-based websites out there, please follow the rules for this particular thread.
I seems that I am the one to blame for this and I apologize for violating the Posting Etiquette for this gave Horo an unequable advantage.

However, there's something I'd like to know:

Quote:
Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).
What do you think has more effect? One short campaign post like I did in the S&W-Thread or a Campaign in my signature which will be read everywhere I post in this forum? So in fact I could have put that in my sig, posted something else in the W&S-Thread, the effect would have been the same (perhaps a little less) but I wouldn't have violated any rules?
Khaos is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 05:04   Link #96
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I seems that I am the one to blame for this and I apologize for violating the Posting Etiquette for this gave Horo an unequable advantage.

What do you think has more effect? One short campaign post like I did in the S&W-Thread or a Campaign in my signature which will be read everywhere I post in this forum? So in fact I could have put that in my sig, posted something else in the W&S-Thread, the effect would have been the same (perhaps a little less) but I wouldn't have violated any rules?
You don't have to apologize, except probably to the AnimeSuki mods. However, you can definitely put it in your sig (see mine), and although probably not many people would notice, you wouldn't violate any AnimeSuki rules. One thing about signatures that did prove to be an effective advertisement: If you look at Overfunk's signature, there's the word "Vote" in his Shana signature. That, along with many others, have proven effective in Saimoe campaigning. There are a lot of vote sigs that are around.

I don't think there was any one for Horo, yet. I suggest that you PM a guy named z3phyr.mp3 and put in a request, since I know he used to make them for Saimoe Japan 2008. (Speaking of which, he owes me a Nagisa sig)
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 05:51   Link #97
Psieye
Lore Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: GMT +1
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
z3phyr reports he's in exam week until Saturday.
__________________

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 07:06   Link #98
cleo1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
No matter what...not supporting my wifus as defult would be harthen...sorry to the others but these two I won't drop even if they are in ^^
We're not voting yet, we're nominating characters who still can earn a place in the competition. Suigintou and Fate are already assured of a place in the game, they can't gather points by nomination. So those nominations will simply be deleted. You better use those points for other girls you want to enter the competition.
cleo1 is online now  
Old 2008-01-23, 07:16   Link #99
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
We're not voting yet, we're nominating characters who still can earn a place in the competition. Suigintou and Fate are already assured of a place in the game, they can't gather points by nomination. So those nominations will simply be deleted. You better use those points for other girls you want to enter the competition.
He's right, and at this rate, eight girls will pretty much have secured their place with a lot of nomination points, leaving only 9 slots to work with.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 08:33   Link #100
Psieye
Lore Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: GMT +1
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Oh let him be, he wants to pour illogical love on his favourite charas - it's his way of showing loyalty~
__________________

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, moe, saimoe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.