AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-16, 12:42   Link #17201
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
AI would say if you're looking for a current borderline, my safest bet would be Yukari Hirai, and she's currently on the negative side of it.
Hmm... good example. As touching as I feel her part is, I think I'd have to say that she's too minor to qualify for a shot at "Best of the Best."
Old 2008-11-16, 12:51   Link #17202
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
By the way,I guarantee Taiga,Nagi(Kannagi) and Index would go so far in Inter and J- Saimoe next year.At least,a lot of people here(animesuki) love them.
No such thing as a guarantee.

Never forget
Old 2008-11-16, 13:21   Link #17203
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to Crisu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
II.i.C.3. If the proposed Candidate does not have sufficient air time within the anime represented, he or she will fail background check.

Just curious. What are the parameters for sufficient air time?
As said by the other staffers:
Quote:
I.ii.A. All rulings refer to this rules page and will be interpreted by only the ISML Staff.

II.i.C.5 5. All rulings regarding background check will be determined by only the ISML Staff.
Personally I hate blanket statements like these, but they do exist in reality .. such has for credit card companies when they talk about what "eligible purchases" are for reward points. While I understand our need and responsibility to handle all rare and extreme cases, I do hope we can agree to at least a standard "sufficient air time," after which we can deal with the ambiguous ones on a case-by-case basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
2) I think we need a new banner contest. If Crisu can tell us the exact dimensions he wants, we can all start participating!
Width is 1000px, no exceptions.

Choose from one of the following heights: 130px, 135px, 140px
Old 2008-11-16, 13:23   Link #17204
chaosprophet

I have one doubt about rule III.i.A.3 (if you want to nominate less than 8 characters). The amount of points that you can distribute between the characters can't exceed the total from a 8 characters nomination (10+8+6+5+4+3+2+1=39)?

Like for example: I would be able to nominate 5 characters with 10, 9, 8, 7 and 5 points (39 total) but wouldn't be able to nominate 5 with 10, 9, 8 ,7 and 6 (40 points total).

EDIT: Another doubt:
Is the first part of Tiebreaker 8 (Tiebreaker 8 is determined by the total of a Candidate's votes against, or...) really needed? Because if two characters have the same Vote Differential (Tiebreaker 6) and the same amount of votes received (Tiebreaker 7) they will have the same amount of votes against (as Vote Differential is votes received minus vote agaisnt).

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2008-11-16 at 14:22.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:17   Link #17205
Eater of All
NOM

So what the new rules are saying is that after the Double-Eliminations, there will be a bunch more matches to determine the bottom 12 of Top 16?
Assuming it is, I'd say it's kind of redundant.... Why not just use some other quick alternative like counting statistics instead of making all these matches that can take another two weeks? Besides, I doubt that with the Top 4 determined, hardly anyone would really care about the placing of the bottom 12.

Small trivial detail: Asread is the studio that produced Minami-ke: Okawari. Unless you're strictly dealing with the second season, I think using Doumu (creator of the first season) as the copyright owner would be more suitable.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:23   Link #17206
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

By the time ISML 09 starts Asread will be into their second season of Minami-ki (Okaeri starts in January). Most people think of moeness for Minami-ke as the Doumu designs right now, but Asread is changing it a little again for their second go around (hopefully correcting ther mistakes from Okawari).

However if anyone from Shuffle gets in, that would place at least two Asread shows on the tournement.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:37   Link #17207
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
By the time ISML 09 starts Asread will be into their second season of Minami-ki (Okaeri starts in January).
I'm getting too technical here but unless Minami-ke is returning for 2009 (haven't checked, btw), season 3 doesn't really matter.
Although seeing that Kanon is listed in Kyoto Animation and not Toei, I guess shouldn't be making a fuss about it anymore.

BAH. ASREAD IS DOING THE THIRD SEASON TOO? GODDAMN.
Old 2008-11-16, 15:30   Link #17208
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"

Post No "Quick" Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
So what the new rules are saying is that after the Double-Eliminations, there will be a bunch more matches to determine the bottom 12 of Top 16?
Assuming it is, I'd say it's kind of redundant.... Why not just use some other quick alternative like counting statistics instead of making all these matches that can take another two weeks? Besides, I doubt that with the Top 4 determined, hardly anyone would really care about the placing of the bottom 12.
[. . .]
Honestly, we don't want to use three different methods to determine the ranks of the remaining candidates. This is important, as it affects the standings in pre-ranking system used to determine priority of placement in the Master Schedule. Also, on a personal note, I don't want to be in a 3-hour "discussion" about the standings nor spend a week of work in developing an appropriate system to determine the final ranks. Some other less apparent benefits may come out of this as well.
Old 2008-11-16, 15:49   Link #17209
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
However if anyone from Shuffle gets in...
Spoiler for GothLoli FTW:

Simply. Adorable.
Old 2008-11-16, 16:52   Link #17210
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to Crisu
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I have one doubt about rule III.i.A.3 (if you want to nominate less than 8 characters). The amount of points that you can distribute between the characters can't exceed the total from a 8 characters nomination (10+8+6+5+4+3+2+1=39)?

Like for example: I would be able to nominate 5 characters with 10, 9, 8, 7 and 5 points (39 total) but wouldn't be able to nominate 5 with 10, 9, 8 ,7 and 6 (40 points total).

Is the first part of Tiebreaker 8 (Tiebreaker 8 is determined by the total of a Candidate's votes against, or...) really needed? Because if two characters have the same Vote Differential (Tiebreaker 6) and the same amount of votes received (Tiebreaker 7) they will have the same amount of votes against (as Vote Differential is votes received minus vote agaisnt).
Hm, you're correct about Tiebreaker 8.

And the points thing, we may need a discussion about it.
Old 2008-11-16, 17:11   Link #17211
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice[Lemon] View Post
Honestly, we don't want to use three different methods to determine the ranks of the remaining candidates. This is important, as it affects the standings in pre-ranking system used to determine priority of placement in the Master Schedule. Also, on a personal note, I don't want to be in a 3-hour "discussion" about the standings nor spend a week of work in developing an appropriate system to determine the final ranks. Some other less apparent benefits may come out of this as well.
Well, if it's really important to the schedule in some way I can't comprehend, then I guess I can't really comment upon it. Whatever works best for you guys.

I still don't know jack about how your schedule sheet functions. lol
Old 2008-11-16, 17:52   Link #17212
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Hm, you're correct about Tiebreaker 8.

And the points thing, we may need a discussion about it.
I think this is confusing... wouldn't be simpler to understand (and probably for the people who will have to count it) if on the nomination form you have 8 spaces with the amount of points each ones gives. This way people only fill the ones they want to use.

You have an rule of an minimum of votes in each match to prevent people who are going just for one character... shouldn't the nomination have an minimum number of characters nominated?

On rule III.iii.F.1 (and the same happens on 2 and 3 of same rule) shouldn't the A and B below it be lowercase (a subsection of 1)?

Edit: On rule II.i.B.2 the same error happens (an A and B that should be lowercase).

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2008-11-16 at 21:04.
Old 2008-11-16, 18:16   Link #17213
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

Kaede Fuyou almost made it in last year, placing 22nd (48 points shy of Kiri, who was 17th place).
Old 2008-11-16, 19:11   Link #17214
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I have a big soft spot for Kaede. She's one of those anime girls that I think of as being very "pretty." Something about her face and eyes that makes me stop and look at her for a minute every time I come across an image of her. I like a lot of the character designs by Aoi Nishimata.

I like Kaede's voice so much I often listen to the "special message" of hers from one of the BGM CDs. I can only pick out a few words, but that doesn't matter, Yuko Goto's Kaede voice is very soothing to me. Check it out...
http://rapidshare.com/files/16448640...Kaede.mp3.html

Spoiler for Kaede:

Primula stands out in my mind for being the first girl to ever make me absolutely aware of just how much I was affected by...
Spoiler for Primula:
Old 2008-11-16, 20:14   Link #17215
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

high-five for Mushi for liking the two most adorable girls in Shuffle.
Old 2008-11-16, 21:30   Link #17216
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Kaede has to be one of the most irritating girls I've seen in anything. IRL or anime. I didn't mind Prim, she was kinda cute and not really annoying or too clingy, or falling into the typical "imouto" role.

Surprisingly, I didn't really care for many of Shuffle's characters outside of Asa but still managed to greatly enjoy the show...
Old 2008-11-16, 23:42   Link #17217
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post

I apologize, but Rule III.i.A.3 as it stands is currently incorrect. In fact, the rules page that you see on the site is not the final draft of the rules I gave to Crisu. Apparently, he laughed at the fact that the rest of the staff, myself included, pretty much failed 5th grade grammar (he was absent during the last staff meeting) and did a whole rewrite, and along the way misinterpreted "allocate" as "redistribute". The form will be like last year's form. There will be a 10 point box, and 8 point box, a 6 point box, a 5 point box, and so on. You just fill out the names, and that's all. I apologize for Crisu's mishap.

We also had a discussion about Tiebreaker 8. Votes Against is removed, but we also brought up another tiebreaker. If there's a tie between three or more characters through all the tiebreakers, then all matches between them are isolated from the rest of the regular season and we go through the tiebreakers again. This tiebreaker will only apply for the end of the season, so it will be really really rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post

Small trivial detail: Asread is the studio that produced Minami-ke: Okawari. Unless you're strictly dealing with the second season, I think using Doumu (creator of the first season) as the copyright owner would be more suitable.
What Juice said. And as for Minami-ke, we will be using both studios.
Old 2008-11-16, 23:58   Link #17218
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

As long as you have it all worked out by January.
Old 2008-11-17, 03:13   Link #17219
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
high-five for Mushi for liking the two most adorable girls in Shuffle.
*high-fives back*
Spoiler for adorable x 2:

Quote:
Surprisingly, I didn't really care for many of Shuffle's characters outside of Asa but still managed to greatly enjoy the show...
I think Shuffle! has a lot more substance than it's given credit for. And there is quite a divide between Asa and the other girls as far as personality type goes. I don't think it's unusual for people to stand on one side or the other when it comes to that.

I liked Asa for her part in the story, but there were times when I felt that she was annoying and overbearing. Kaede is very sweet in spite of her "issues." The dramatic resolution to her troubled past was very effectively done and made me care for her even more.
Old 2008-11-17, 03:40   Link #17220
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Oh God my ears.
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=KGD-mFTY6mw

RAAAGE!

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, moe, saimoe