AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-07, 15:29   Link #601
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
Clare
, Roflmao, I don't think dressing up as the characters count.

I don't know if it was ever actually said, but I think it's celebrity-only.
Shiek... no one has silver eyes and not every actress is willing to cut their hair and/or dye it blonde to match their characters hair cut. A wig is likely for many of the actresses if Claymore was ever to be made into a movie and silver contacts is a guarantee for all the actresses. Yes... discussing actresses personalities is very fun but we all know most of Claymores cast would have to be new actresses/actors. So, every now and then it's just fun to discuss looks.

Personally I'd like to see a profile facial pic, since from the front the hair is pretty damn good. However Clare's hair raises rather quickly from front to back and I'm worried that her hair might be wrong in the back.

Good find warrior! It does a good job of showing us what we're looking for. Also she looks a thin as Clare (but is she as tall as her? ). Do you have this in a larger size? I think playing with photoshop with this image could be fun (but don't expect a masterpiece I'm only a beginner).
Old 2010-04-07, 16:23   Link #602
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
Shiek... no one has silver eyes and not every actress is willing to cut their hair and/or dye it blonde to match their characters hair cut. A wig is likely for many of the actresses if Claymore was ever to be made into a movie and silver contacts is a guarantee for all the actresses. Yes... discussing actresses personalities is very fun but we all know most of Claymores cast would have to be new actresses/actors. So, every now and then it's just fun to discuss looks.
Would it? I'd prefer it wouldn't.

I don't really know any no-name actors . It's probably why all my picks are laughed at - I only know the big-wig actors, and all of them are too old .

You misunderstood me; if we're talking about making a movie, I don't think fans dressing up counts , they should at least have acting-experience(just ignore me, It's hard to get my words out for some reason ) .

At any rate, she looks too young...she's supposed to be very young, but this girl has too much of a baby-face. It looks like she's a teenager, not someone in their 20's.

I wonder what she would look like with longer hair, maybe she can be trainee Claire , from the extra chapter.
Old 2010-04-07, 16:30   Link #603
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Would it? I'd prefer it wouldn't.

I don't really know any no-name actors . It's probably why all my picks are laughed at - I only know the big-wig actors, and all of them are too old .

You misunderstood me; if we're talking about making a movie, I don't think fans dressing up counts

At any rate, she looks too young...she's supposed to be very young, but this girl has too much of a baby-face. It looks like she's a teenager, not someone in their 20's.

I wonder what she would look like with longer hair, maybe she can be trainee Claire .
I personally view Clare as about 17-18 from meeting Raki to Pieta... and about 25 after the time jump. So while I get your baby face comment, Clare should be the youngest of the Claymores.
Old 2010-04-07, 16:34   Link #604
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I personally view Clare as about 17-18 from meeting Raki to Pieta... and about 25 after the time jump. So while I get your baby face comment, Clare should be the youngest of the Claymores.
It's funny isn't it? Especially how all the Ghosts say she's the youngest of them all(which is funny, because Cynthia always looked younger, maybe because she has a baby face too ) .

In my opinion, their have been pics before of a woman dressing up as Claire in her Ghost clothing, in different poses, outside. She is perfect in my opinion, not just because of the cool photography, but her face and age looks just about right.

Who knows, maybe their can be a trade. This girl can play Claymore Claire, and the older girl can play Ghost Claire for the sequel .
Old 2010-04-07, 16:40   Link #605
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
It's funny isn't it? Especially how all the Ghosts say she's the youngest of them all(which is funny, because Cynthia always looked younger, maybe because she has a baby face too ) .

In my opinion, their have been pics before of a woman dressing up as Claire in her Ghost clothing, in different poses, outside. She is perfect in my opinion, not just because of the cool photography, but her face and age looks just about right.

Who knows, maybe their can be a trade. This girl can play Claymore Claire, and the older girl can play Ghost Claire for the sequel .
Repost the pic... for the life of me I can't figure out which image you are referring to...
Old 2010-04-07, 16:50   Link #606
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=11804

I don't know why it was so hard to find pictures of her until now - They've all been posted in the Image thread! .

Their are alot more pictures of her, but the best location is her deviantart account. She dresses up as many characters from different stuff, but as Claire, she is flawless .
Old 2010-04-07, 17:23   Link #607
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=11804

I don't know why it was so hard to find pictures of her until now - They've all been posted in the Image thread! .

Their are alot more pictures of her, but the best location is her deviantart account. She dresses up as many characters from different stuff, but as Claire, she is flawless .
Ok... now I know which one you are referring too. Here are some others
Spoiler for MollyMetaphora:

I think her nose is kinda big for Clare though... Plus she doesn't look too feminine with that chin. She's also got the hair wrong in the back, it doesn't rise up like it should but stays at the same length as it is in the front. Also she's a little too short... all the Calymore's have model figures (What are the odds? )

I personally like that image warrior found but do wish she was a year older...

Old 2010-04-07, 17:41   Link #608
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Is it the same woman? It's strangely hard to tell just because she's wearing a different outfit. Maybe she just looks better wearing black .

She does admittingly look a bit masculine, but I always saw Claire as having a bit. Really, their aren't many warriors who don't have SOME masculinity to some degree, whether it's in the face, or the muscles. After all, Dauf actually thought she was a male at first(though this could also be just because he's stupid ).

Yeah, the image girl looks too young. Give her a year or two, and a sport, and she might pull it off .

It's a bit strange though, that girl is relaxing on her sword, in front of a tree...why would you do that? just use the sword, or the tree .
Old 2010-04-07, 17:56   Link #609
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Is it the same woman? It's strangely hard to tell just because she's wearing a different outfit. Maybe she just looks better wearing black .

She does admittingly look a bit masculine, but I always saw Claire as having a bit. Really, their aren't many warriors who don't have SOME masculinity to some degree, whether it's in the face, or the muscles. After all, Dauf actually thought she was a male at first(though this could also be just because he's stupid ).

Yeah, the image girl looks too young. Give her a year or two, and a sport, and she might pull it off .

It's a bit strange though, that girl is relaxing on her sword, in front of a tree...why would you do that? just use the sword, or the tree .
Shiek, with regards to age, might I remind you you can always use makeup to add age to an actor's/actress' face? The problem with this image in my mind is that we cannot see this girl's height and overall physique. Let's face facts, claymores tend to be tall, athletic, and have toned muscles, and most women are considerably shorter, not athletic at all (I'm looking at you Kim Kardashian), and lacking in toned muscles.

I think this is probably the largest issue with getting actress' to play these roles; invariably the "perfect" Claire is usually too short and built with the wrong physique. Of course, you can correct this to a degree with strength training. I'd say the biggest issue is how much the greater height wipes out the possible candidate actress' for each role. Unless the actress' we love are wearing heels, they often are too short (ex. Scarlett Johansson) to fit the roles we want them to.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-04-07, 18:02   Link #610
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Shiek, with regards to age, might I remind you you can always use makeup to add age to an actor's/actress' face? The problem with this image in my mind is that we cannot see this girl's height and overall physique. Let's face facts, claymores tend to be tall, athletic, and have toned muscles, and most women are considerably shorter, not athletic at all (I'm looking at you Kim Kardashian), and lacking in toned muscles.

I think this is probably the largest issue with getting actress' to play these roles; invariably the "perfect" Claire is usually too short and built with the wrong physique. Of course, you can correct this to a degree with strength training. I'd say the biggest issue is how much the greater height wipes out the possible candidate actress' for each role. Unless the actress' we love are wearing heels, they often are too short (ex. Scarlett Johansson) to fit the roles we want them to.
, I know, I know their isn't ever going to be this perfect woman, or women, out there, who is naturally and utterly made to play the part. It's for that same reason, that i often pick people who 100% couldn't play the characters for specific reasons(Jake Lloyd in his Episode 1 apperance - obviously, being more then 10 years later, he's grown up and can't play Kid Raki anymore). This is all for fun, since the odds are unfortunately 99/100 that a movie is ever going to be made.

Nevertheless, I feel this woman(Thais Jussim according to her Deviantart profile) is the best person for Claire I've seen so far .
Old 2010-04-07, 18:35   Link #611
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
, I know, I know their isn't ever going to be this perfect woman, or women, out there, who is naturally and utterly made to play the part. It's for that same reason, that i often pick people who 100% couldn't play the characters for specific reasons(Jake Lloyd in his Episode 1 apperance - obviously, being more then 10 years later, he's grown up and can't play Kid Raki anymore). This is all for fun, since the odds are unfortunately 99/100 that a movie is ever going to be made.

Nevertheless, I feel this woman(Thais Jussim according to her Deviantart profile) is the best person for Claire I've seen so far .
Agree on the first part... not the second (she isn't the best Clare I've seen so far). Agree with Revan that we need a pic of whole body of the woman Warrior found... even if she's not tall if she has a small figure than good cinematography/CGI could make her seem taller. Her arm appears very small, so I suspect this is the case and that she doesn't weigh much.

I personally view Clare as quite feminine in the face (so Thais Jussim is out in my book, Clare's hair style just emphasizes her slightly masculine jaw and her large nose... she might make a good Claymore though, it's just that Clare's hair style just emphasizes her incorrect facial features for playing Clare) and Clare was only able to get away with pretending to be a man due to her height, the outfit, and her deep voice due to increasing the length of her vocal cords. It's why the women could see through Clare acting male, Clare had to make her voice even deeper to counter her natural feminine looks. Duaf couldn't figure it out based on his stupidity, her small size (based on his huge height at the time), and the fact that she wasn't in uniform. Plus I think Duaf was looking forward to stripping her outfit off to find out (after being with loli so long he needed a real women, if only as a play toy for a few hours ).
Old 2010-04-07, 20:04   Link #612
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I also want to say Revan, since you approached the subject(and now I'm just nitpicking ), that if a movie were too be made, I'd hope all the ladies would have as little make-up as possible.

Personally, their is some bias, because I just don't like women who wear layers and layers or look like they are trying to hard to look pretty(since it usually backfires), but the fact is, make-up doesn't exist in their world. All the actresses, should wear as little make-up as possible, so natural beauty must shine as much as possible.

Make-up is one of the problems I had with this girl who dressed up as Priscilla(http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=11209). I know, again, a little make-up will no doubt be used, but I don't want to see it or notice it. I want all the women to look as "raw" and as natural as possible, since the series is down and dirty, and the movie should be too.

The only woman who should look like she's wearing make-up is Galatea. Other then that, I don't want lipstick, shadow, zilch.
Old 2010-04-07, 21:05   Link #613
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I also want to say Revan, since you approached the subject(and now I'm just nitpicking ), that if a movie were too be made, I'd hope all the ladies would have as little make-up as possible.

Personally, their is some bias, because I just don't like women who wear layers and layers or look like they are trying to hard to look pretty(since it usually backfires), but the fact is, make-up doesn't exist in their world. All the actresses, should wear as little make-up as possible, so natural beauty must shine as much as possible.

Make-up is one of the problems I had with this girl who dressed up as Priscilla(http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=11209). I know, again, a little make-up will no doubt be used, but I don't want to see it or notice it. I want all the women to look as "raw" and as natural as possible, since the series is down and dirty, and the movie should be too.

The only woman who should look like she's wearing make-up is Galatea. Other then that, I don't want lipstick, shadow, zilch.

Shiek... makeup is needed since camera's typically don't fully show the actor/ress as they really are (can add apparent weight, not capture skin-tones correctly, etc). Also makeup has existed since forever...

However, you sentiment is close to right that makeup should be at a minimum.
Old 2010-04-07, 22:29   Link #614
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Shiek... makeup is needed since camera's typically don't fully show the actor/ress as they really are (can add apparent weight, not capture skin-tones correctly, etc). Also makeup has existed since forever...

However, you sentiment is close to right that makeup should be at a minimum.
What I'm trying to say is, I don't want the characters to LOOK like they are wearing make-up. Even if make-up does exist in their world, all the characters are warriors who clearly don't care for stuff like that. Galatea, who cares for her physical appearance, I doubt stops between missions to apply some; and for what? She won't be able to take care of herself on the go, and in the middle of fights with Yoma and AB...

You could, I suppose, argue that with the procedure, they retain their youth, their skin is much more efficient...basically, you can come up with reasons why the actresses would wear make-up. Nevertheless, with their lifestyle, the average warrior's anti-social-ness, their battle with themselves and their possible Awakening, their shunning from human society....I just can't see, assuming their even is make-up in their world, a need for them to care about their appearance, because it's not like they are trying to impress anybody. Claire said it best when she lost her long hair: that she didn't care, because she was still herself. She has no ties or interest in her physical appearance or beauty, and I doubt any of the others care either. They are too busy trying to survive then worrying about how they look, when the odds of them attracting anybody are 0.0000001, when just about every human fears and/or hates them.

Bottom-line, if their was a movie, I want the "raw-ness" to be preserved as much as possible.
Old 2010-04-07, 22:45   Link #615
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:

Bottom-line, if THERE was a movie, I want the "raw-ness" to be preserved as much as possible.
Speaking of rawness, you guys didn't mention the other issue besides makeup, and that is hair/hairstyling. If there is one issue Yagi's got with his female characters, it's that they tend to have hair that never changes nor does the their hair become unruly. Now parts of this are self-explanatory: most people don't think about such things and Yagi probably doesn't either.

If I'd had to guess how one would explain how Galatea never has split ends, then we do get to a conundrum. I figure Yagi avoids the issue by never bringing it up. In terms of hairstyling, I'm a little skeptical most girls would have time to pull off a Jean-style haircut or a Tabitha-type hairdo (the old one). Luckily for us, Yagi's kept away from giving any of the girls "Padme Amidala" hairdos. Miria's hairdo stands out from the other as being the most unique and hard to imagine in real life. Let's face facts, how many girls do you see with their hair as spiky as Miria's? I figure the only explanation is the style of Yagi's art and her using her sword to cut it. That brings up another important part of being a claymore actress-they grow hair, unlike evidently, Yagi's manga characters. How and with what then do the girls use to cut their hair? Swords would be one answer, but can you imagine trying to cut small strands of hair with a 1.5 meter long, 5 Kilogram sword? Me neither!

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-04-07, 23:29   Link #616
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Thinking it over, Ryus is.....eh, I don't know, but he's probably right in that make-up, at the very least, exists in the world they occupy. It's a world that's 3/4 medieval, 1/4 modern, or any other similar ratio. The reason we probably haven't seen make-up, is because we haven't seen any characters yet that simply care for it. It's not like we've seen a normal family or any sort of day-to-day life.

Hah, we've seen crazier hair then Miria's, that's for sure; It's definitely up there on the list however and is, without a doubt, a hair that's impossible to happen naturally: their is no way, a woman can get a hairstyle like that without getting it specially done, hair just isn't naturally "spikey", no matter how much you have or how it's kept.

As for why their hair is so permanent...it's possible it never indeed grows, until it's cut, and once a certain amount of head-hair is grown, the growth stops. That isn't perfect though, because Miria's hair continued to grow, slowly or not it did, until she ended up having to put it in a pony-tail.

, whatever the answer is, I'm sure that Yagi, and most fans, simply don't think about it.
Old 2010-04-08, 15:19   Link #617
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wigs are fine - the actress doesn't have to be blonde. I cite Jessica Alba in the first Fantastic Four movie.
Old 2010-04-08, 18:55   Link #618
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Quote:

Is that the first cower?

Clare's Claimore is so small.
Maybe thats a Claimore wakizashi

sry off-topic ...
Old 2010-07-02, 12:09   Link #619
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Just spotted this on baidu http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=816231940 Your thoughts?

IMHO

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2010-07-02, 12:09   Link #620
midnightstar128

How about Scarlett for Teresa?

or Anna Kournikova
Closed Thread