AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-16, 21:57   Link #21
gh0stmice
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
tbl.....remember when i compared you to a drug pedler.....because of your constantly suggesting trust and betrayal.....then you told me to watch and tell you what i think....i throughly enjoyed it...it was great....that is the kind of anime you can watch multiple times....

the only anime i havnt seen which you have just recommended here....is gurren lagann....which is on "to view" my list...
gh0stmice is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 01:34   Link #22
SpoK
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
The series i consider as the jewels of anime, are the three of

Rurouni Kenshin reminscence - its like a very good book (a little short one tho)

Cowboy Bebop
- Action at its best, it beats any real movie easily. Very nice style. Great visuals, and extremely good soundtrack.

Mushishi - Now what could be said about this? The best anime ive seen so far, out of something like 50 or 60 series.
Watching this makes you in a dream-like state, a trance or something like that. Its just beautiful. The visuals, the story, the music... they are all the greatest art ive seen in animation ever.
I could praise mushishi all night, This show just isnt to be explained by words, you have to experience it.

All above are something that are probably appealing more to the more mature audience. If anyone knows more of animes like these, i'd appreciate if you pm'd me about them.
SpoK is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 16:31   Link #23
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Err hey SpoK... welcome to the forum.
Reno is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 17:09   Link #24
gh0stmice
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
holy crap...i just finished the first episode of welcome to the nhk.....that show totally describes me...except the delusions....but in the scene where he was walking down the street and he thought everybody was looking at him....man that perfectly describes my Problem with PDA-public display of affection...and my hardcore social anxiety....i have a feeling im really gonna like this show


i even smoke the same cigarettes....except i dont smoke lights..

Last edited by gh0stmice; 2008-01-18 at 00:26.
gh0stmice is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 18:55   Link #25
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Ahh that's great!! ^_^ It's always nice when you can have soemtihng to relate to.
Reno is offline  
Old 2008-01-17, 21:36   Link #26
iXenomorph
Anime Addicted
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Californication
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to iXenomorph
Ergo Proxy - hot goth chick?
Fate/Stay Night - Saber..I would die for you <33...
Elfen Lied - Guaranteed to crush your soul.
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - Guaranteed to crush your soul.
Evangelion Neon Genesis - Deeper than Hamlet.
Death Note - Why? Because I'm Kira...
Blood + - Captivating, plot driven awesomeness.
__________________
iXenomorph is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 00:20   Link #27
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Mushishi - the beauty and melancholy of the stories, characters and animation echoes deep inside me. An absolutely amazing anime that brings nature and humans together - and I'm a nature freak.

Full Metal Alchemist - what's the value of life? Deep philosophical question explored through humour, betrayal and explosive actions.

Zegapain - another anime that questions the preciousness of the very ordinary and explores the boundary of reality. Just love the unfolding of the mystery and get to think over the questions it raised.

Eureka Seven - Just love the humour and the plot, as well as the growth of the character. Great characterisation and a fabulous mecha concept of surfing. Wish I could surf the sky like Renton!
blewin is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 00:27   Link #28
Flikkr
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
try darker than black. i thought it was very thought provoking. it was oddly interesting. Zero no tsukaima was pretty epic too. oh and both shakugan no shanas. shana 2 is airing now
Flikkr is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 00:31   Link #29
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
WORD OF WARNING
Your query was phrased in such a manner as to result in too many hits. In other words, we are just going to throw all our favorites at you. You have not really told us what your tastes are.

You see, when I was at a Borders one day, a young lady asked me for something "good" in the manga section. Okay, she refuses to specify what she likes. So I hand her volume one of Monster. After fiddling with the volume indecisively while perusing the stacks, she returns it to the shelf.

Well. . .gee. . .thanks for insulting my tastes. Look, if you don't know what your standards are, don't try to jump onto my bandwagon and immediately expect to enjoy it.

Do want believable and consistent characters that transcend stereotypes?
An ongoing narrative without too many deus ex machina and a satisfying ending?
A sappy and cute romance?

Ahh. . .whatever, I'm tired of affecting outrage now. Check for one of my other posts in this section of the forum. I'm tired of evangelizing my favorites again-and-again like a broken record.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 01:48   Link #30
gh0stmice
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
WORD OF WARNING
Your query was phrased in such a manner as to result in too many hits. In other words, we are just going to throw all our favorites at you. You have not really told us what your tastes are.

You see, when I was at a Borders one day, a young lady asked me for something "good" in the manga section. Okay, she refuses to specify what she likes. So I hand her volume one of Monster. After fiddling with the volume indecisively while perusing the stacks, she returns it to the shelf.

Well. . .gee. . .thanks for insulting my tastes. Look, if you don't know what your standards are, don't try to jump onto my bandwagon and immediately expect to enjoy it.

Do want believable and consistent characters that transcend stereotypes?
An ongoing narrative without too many deus ex machina and a satisfying ending?
A sappy and cute romance?

Ahh. . .whatever, I'm tired of affecting outrage now. Check for one of my other posts in this section of the forum. I'm tired of evangelizing my favorites again-and-again like a broken record.
well my master plan was for people to let me know what there favorites are...then discribe.....and because this is via forum boards you wont know if i put it back on the shelf....so no ones tastes will be insulted....

if you dont feel like listing your favorites over an over again...then simply dont....simply if you wish to reserve your favorite series recomendations....do...

if i get enough suggestion for a certain anime or show....then ill watch it...its bound to be at least decent if not amazing...seeing enough alot of people liked it....or if someone suggests something that sounds intresting ill try it out....because in the back of my mind i see it as someones favorite therefore i trust there judgement

im not looking for a particular genre therfore im not requesting anything in a particular genre....

but if i ask for a space mecha action romance....then people will probably suggest some bottom of the barrel animes...something that just fitts the ticket and not something exceeds expectations....ie-voltron would qualify but does that mean that voltron is any good of a series...no it just means its what i asked for...if i wanted that...id browse anidb.net on my own time....
gh0stmice is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 02:39   Link #31
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post
well my master plan was for people to let me know what there favorites are...then discribe.....and because this is via forum boards you wont know if i put it back on the shelf....so no ones tastes will be insulted....

if you dont feel like listing your favorites over an over again...then simply dont....simply if you wish to reserve your favorite series recomendations....do...

if i get enough suggestion for a certain anime or show....then ill watch it...its bound to be at least decent if not amazing...seeing enough alot of people liked it....or if someone suggests something that sounds intresting ill try it out....because in the back of my mind i see it as someones favorite therefore i trust there judgement

im not looking for a particular genre therfore im not requesting anything in a particular genre....

but if i ask for a space mecha action romance....then people will probably suggest some bottom of the barrel animes...something that just fitts the ticket and not something exceeds expectations....ie-voltron would qualify but does that mean that voltron is any good of a series...no it just means its what i asked for...if i wanted that...id browse anidb.net on my own time....
Please. I am begging you.
Type. In. Complete. Sentences.
The ellipses are really annoying.

I also realize you weren't being specific. Hence, I was being somewhat facetious.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 02:43   Link #32
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
i got the idea gh0stmist likes all kinds of shiet... so a list from everyone would be appropriate for him to check only the best even though some of the best might not be his cup of tea..... this will let gh0stmice pick from the cream of the crop...this also helps me and lots of veiwers get a glimpse on what people think are the best of anime and besides gh0stmice and lots of trolls out there get some really amazing suggestions

getting specific would not be the best because what people recommend that closely meet the parameters and some of those that fit the description are sometimes crap...must watch list consist the least amount of crap possible...... for example: something like zombie loan or handmaid may arent exactly on most people's must watch list.... so mediocre stuff gets screen out pretty well in this thread....fyi i know zombie loan and handmaid may might be on a few's must watch but i gave them as example not to say they are garbage but as reference to "under the radar" stuff that the majority may not put onto their must watch-list.... for the reason that they are not memorable enough to leave a mark - hence not being the best .....although i might be wrong, these two series i notice arent mention very much so i used them..... i apologize if this is among your favorites...

and if gh0stmice sees a list with a few mentions that are among his favorite, i am pretty sure he can get motivated to check out the rest of that poster's suggestions......this is just my personal thoughts i could be wrong

btw i'm using gh0stmice in my explanation but i'm really talking about anyone that can be apply to this situation

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-18 at 03:40.
bbduece is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 02:46   Link #33
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Please. I am begging you.
Type. In. Complete. Sentences.
The ellipses are really annoying.

I also realize you weren't being specific. Hence, I was being somewhat facetious.
complete sentences and grammar in forums......no way....you cant be serious right?
bbduece is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 02:48   Link #34
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
btw I do run-ons during forums......its a perk in forums not to be graded by a professor ^^

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-18 at 03:01.
bbduece is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 03:01   Link #35
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
btw I do run-ons during forums......its a perk in forums not to be grade by a professor ^^
Yes, let's not make any effort at communication. Let's not make it easier to follow each other's thoughts.

Seriously, you don't need a grade to do some things right.

In the very least, the ellipses should be pared-out. I don't like having to jump around people's incomplete thought-tracks and spend the extra effort thinking about what you were trying to say.

Connect the dots for us please. It's only polite.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 03:07   Link #36
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
it should be clear enough to get some points across.....and if you dont get something ask again nice and politely or forget about it.....this is a forum...its natural for someone to not get in the mode of proper grammar and stuff, i get what most people say without paragraph indentation, proper punctuation, constant mispelling of words, incomplete sentences..etc ...etc....almost forgot: incomplete thoughts

i get the feeling your saying that the post is unreadable or something like that.....and i dont see that.....

and if your are complaining about imperfection because the lack of ommision or too much ellipses...then i would think you are looking at the wrong place for perfect thought cohesion.....we all try to do our best to get the point across but sniping at someone because they are lacking your perfection in their post makes you sound like a meanie....cant we play nice instead of attacking other peoples ability to post.....

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-18 at 03:54.
bbduece is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 03:35   Link #37
gh0stmice
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
haha bbduece....your effin hillarious.......... ........ .... ......... ........ ....
........ ..... ..... ..... ......

twisted reality, stay away from myspace and instant messanger. cause you'll probably get a stroke.
gh0stmice is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 11:04   Link #38
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Haha! Gawwd stop complaining. Leave gh0stmice alone. He's clearly a legend and it's probably just the way he feels comfortable with.
Reno is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 13:41   Link #39
gh0stmice
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
....im a legend.....wow....(i guess thats just the kinda bond you can expect from 2 elfen lied fans)
gh0stmice is offline  
Old 2008-01-18, 17:43   Link #40
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post
haha bbduece....your effin hillarious.......... ........ .... ......... ........ ....
........ ..... ..... ..... ......

twisted reality, stay away from myspace and instant messanger. cause you'll probably get a stroke.
That's what passes for wit?
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Yes I know you're all baiting me. It's not working.

The funny thing about this is that if anything, you're the ones taking themselves too seriously. If you think your opinion is too unassailable to pay attention to anything I might say, then why are we having this conversation? I'm not saying you have to be perfect, just type sentences that resemble complete thoughts and not the run-on yammerings of madmen. It's not like you're actually listening to what I'm saying here. And if your standards are just that low, hey, whatever gets you off.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2008-01-18 at 17:53.
Twisted Reality is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
lists, must see

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.