AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-03-07, 14:29   Link #561
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That's actually going to be in Part 3... and is a conversation for another thread, I think.
Sorry about that.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 14:57   Link #562
TJR

Streaming (although it doesn't yet generate enough revenue to be dependable) is certainly the plan. Japanese producers aren't naive enough to bank on mass market DVDs, so huge moves are being made to overhaul overseas strategies.

Bandai Namco and Aniplex are already pushing premium DVDs/BDs in the US. These are intended for collectors who desire the quality of Japanese releases and are willing to pay for it. Simultaneously, arrangements with NicoNico and CrunchyRoll serve as free/cheap broadcasts for the rest of the market.

Many people criticize the Japanese for being slow to adapt. However, given how protective they are when it comes to IP value (and how conservative they are at doing business), the industry is actually responding relatively fast.

That said, issues like worldwide availability won't be easy to address.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 04:53   Link #563
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Black Rock Shooter listed at 3k. If this figure doesn't budge much, I daresay those figures on the OVA really were mainly from the BRS Nendoroid after all.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:03   Link #564
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

キタ━━━( ∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)_ゝ`)━━━!!!!

1 - ● Fate/Zero Blu-ray Disc Box Ⅰ 42,690 42,690 12/3/7 ANX
アニメーション 1 1
2 - ● モーレツ宇宙海賊 1(初回限定版) 3,734 3,734 12/3/7 K
アニメーション 2 1
3 - ● パパのいうことを聞きなさい! vol.1 3,497 3,497 12/3/7 K
アニメーション 3 1
4 - ● 咲-Saki- 嶺上開花 スペシャルBD-BOX(完全受注生産限定盤) 2,509 2,509 12/3/7 PC
アニメーション 4 1
5 - ↑ カーズ2 DVD+ブルーレイセット 930 194,239 11/12/2 WDS
アニメーション 1 15
6 - ● キルミーベイベー ① 【Blu-ray】 686 686 12/3/7 TBS
アニメーション 6 1
7 - ↑ カンフー・パンダ2 ブルーレイ+DVDセット 674 24,691 12/1/20 PHE
アニメーション 1 8
8 - ↓ ペルソナ4 4(完全生産限定版) 595 21,176 12/2/22 ANX
アニメーション 1 3
9 - ↑ くまのプーさん 546 5,866 12/2/22 WDS
アニメーション 9 3
10 - ↓ 劇場版ハヤテのごとく!HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH +99(初回 限定版) 511 5,319 12/2/29 SGK
アニメーション 1 2

F/Z fans happy with this number?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 03:16   Link #565
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

That's better than TSN and Tsukihime combined - but most Type Moon fans would attest those shows never happened (including myself). Even though I'm not thrilled with the series, for something being loyal to its literary version, getting good production values and offering content revolving around adults - which is a rarity these days - this is a good result.

The interesting thing is whether this will inspire some other titles to be made revolving around adults and garner some decent sales. In terms of style, that seems to be studio specific so can't really expect much change there.

Curious as to what from April will be prominent after Nise and F/Z sell big.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:23   Link #566
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I thought the number won't show up until tomorrow. Very happy if true though, hope that make ufotable make proper Tsukihime/MB in future. Or just redo FSN anime.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:32   Link #567
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Keep in mind this is the first half though, but apparently 2nd half is way stronger than first half? So the numbers could approach 50k or drop lower than 40k depending on how much buying F/Z fans have. To be fair, for the amount of stuff the BD set comes with and the second price drop (previous 24% to now 31%, but could've sworn it was 33% earlier in the year), the set is a pretty darn good buy.

Also

最新累積ポイント HighPrice:42871pt (※注意事項)
最終予測累積ポイント HighPrice:42871pt(発売中)

I guess the numbers from Bake's BD sale help adjusted the formula pretty well because for a number this high it's pretty darn accurate.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 03:36   Link #568
Ithekro
Warning

They might ride that wave with Carnival Phantasm and the forthcoming Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA
Old 2012-03-13, 05:34   Link #569
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

I personally hope this allows ufotable to do:

- Witch on the Holy Night
- Fate/Stay Night: Heavens Feel Route
- Tsukihime (the game is getting a makeover, I daresay a proper anime version would be good too)
Old 2012-03-13, 11:20   Link #570
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The Fate/Zero boxset sold at the high end of what I considered a likely range for it, so I find that fairly impressive.

I'm curious to know where this puts Fate/Zero...

1) In comparison to all other TV anime series.

2) In comparison to other boxset sales specifically. Does this put it 1st all-time in this category?
Old 2012-03-13, 14:15   Link #571
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

2) In comparison to other boxset sales specifically. Does this put it 1st all-time in this category?
It's really hard to compare this release to others because the release pattern is so different. In particular, it's really not fair to compare to other boxsets, because most other boxsets are actually re-releases, and it stands to reason that re-releases will attract a different audience than first-time buyers.

The fairest way I can think of would be to do a comparison by total revenue generated (compared to first-time-release singles), and that would probably put Fate/Zero at least in the upper strata. I do expect that the high price may give the boxset a long tail (as long as it remains in stock) as some people have to save up to put that much money down in one chunk.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-03-13 at 14:39.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 14:25   Link #572
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
The Fate/Zero boxset sold at the high end of what I considered a likely range for it, so I find that fairly impressive.

in terms of sales form last season

*1, 42,690 Fate/Zero
*2, 41,369 Persona 4 The Animation
*3, 24,605 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
*4, 19,613 Working'!!
*5, 12,137 Guilty Crown
*6, 11,984 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
*7, *4,524 Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2
*8, *4,333 gdgd Fairies
*9, *4,240 Shakugan no Shana III
10, *4,077 Tamayura: Hitotose

as good as that 40k+ look, Nisemonogatari will break easily.
Old 2012-03-13, 22:11   Link #573
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see F/Z selling that well.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:23   Link #574
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Yes, it's #1 by over 8.5k.

01) 42,690 - Fate/Zero
02) 34,000 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
03) 30,631 - Bakemonogatari

But for the previous top 2... sold another 41k and 78.5k respectively via singles.

Kara no Kyoukai BD Box did 25k week 1 as well (sold another 1.9k after that) after the movies avg out @ around 65k. I would assume a lot of overlap between the two.. so they're use to high prices, I don't think it would be a good idea for Aniplex to continue to push this release method unless they know they have a hit on their hands and a fanbase willing to shell out that much. So with that said what TypeMoon project do UFOTABLE get put onto next? It would be nice if Tsukihime finally got an animated project! (Btw what ever happened to a re-release of the VN when a new route for youknowwho or was that just some bullshit rumors that spread out of control?)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:55   Link #575
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So with that said what TypeMoon project do UFOTABLE get put onto next? It would be nice if Tsukihime finally got an animated project! (Btw what ever happened to a re-release of the VN when a new route for youknowwho or was that just some bullshit rumors that spread out of control?)
Depends on how the Witch on the Holy Night game does when it's released in April, maybe? Tsukihime remake is coming after that. Fate/Kaleid Liner has been approved for an adaptation, but I somehow doubt ufotable would do that though.
Old 2012-03-15, 05:38   Link #576
brocko

@ Westlo

Ufotable to finally release that Touhou X Anime Tenshou short they did. You know everyone wants it. You know it'll sell millions. Just too bad it'll never see the light of day

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 12:57   Link #577
TJR

Girls' Work (by Hoshizora Meteor) was already announced as the next Aniplex/Type-Moon/ufotable collaboration.

Given how well Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai sold, we can probably expect more projects in the future.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 09:31   Link #578
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
@ Westlo

Ufotable to finally release that Touhou X Anime Tenshou short they did. You know everyone wants it. You know it'll sell millions. Just too bad it'll never see the light of day
When and where?

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 09:44   Link #579
brocko

It ain't coming bro. I was just having fun lol

They made it to be shown exclusive at some convention so only those lucky people there have seen it. I don't think the event organisers plan to be releasing it anytime soon too or if ever sadly enough... =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 10:54   Link #580
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Thanks to relentlessflame, Xellos-_^, and Westlo for the informative replies. It's much-appreciated.

Pretty impressive for Fate/Zero to now be the best selling anime series boxset of all-time. But in fairness to other titles, it was Fate/Zero's initial release format, so that probably helped its sales relative to Bake and Haruhi's boxset sales.

Tags
news, sales, statistics