AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 21 23.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 26.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 31.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 11.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-23, 22:42   Link #121
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yuuji can barely use his POE to cast a Fuzetsu and reinforce some part of his body to lessened/nullify the attacks dealt on him.

However, his POE doesn't grant him a fearless position. Psychology is very important in such matter, and I don't think anyone can blame Yuuji to be freaked out completely as his "body" is frightened to death by Pheles' presence/aura and intention.
The first time was a mere image, and Yuuji flipped as he felt he will be utterly destroyed, completely ignored by the green haired tomogara.

Here, we got true Pheles going happy extracting on him, while he doesn't have any way to protect himself. A fuzetsu wouldn't help and Yuuji obviously doesn't have any clue nor knowledge to "how to blast a crazy tomogara, before getting utterly demolished".

That's a overwhelming instinctive fear He got, which is quite logical. (any calm or retaliation attempt would look awkward or wrong in fact)
I haven't read them, but isn't he a lot less of a GIANT WUSS in the novels? WHY can't JC Staff adapt things accurately?
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 23:05   Link #122
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I haven't read them, but isn't he a lot less of a GIANT WUSS in the novels? WHY can't JC Staff adapt things accurately?
I don't agree with "giant wuss" there. I haven't read the novel for this late in the story either (meh, Viz is too slow), but what else do you expect J.C.Staff to do? Yuji would only either have to stand there, freeze and grasp, or scream like he already does.

He may be a bit incompetent, but "giant wuss" is over stretching.

Imagine... errr, actually, can't think of a good example right now.
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline  
Old 2008-01-23, 23:18   Link #123
lua thien
Fallen Exile
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yuuji can barely use his POE to cast a Fuzetsu and reinforce some part of his body to lessened/nullify the attacks dealt on him.

However, his POE doesn't grant him a fearless position. Psychology is very important in such matter, and I don't think anyone can blame Yuuji to be freaked out completely as his "body" is frightened to death by Pheles' presence/aura and intention.
The first time was a mere image, and Yuuji flipped as he felt he will be utterly destroyed, completely ignored by the green haired tomogara.

Here, we got true Pheles going happy extracting on him, while he doesn't have any way to protect himself. A fuzetsu wouldn't help and Yuuji obviously doesn't have any clue nor knowledge to "how to blast a crazy tomogara, before getting utterly demolished".

That's a overwhelming instinctive fear He got, which is quite logical. (any calm or retaliation attempt would look awkward or wrong in fact)
Don't you think he might have learned how to at least respond after his first run-in with Pheles? Perhaps he could just poke her eyes out when she got close to call out to Johan? What makes it strange is that Margery, Wilhelmina, and Shana only watched but no immediate action from them.


Well, Yuji was scared stiff in his first encounter against the Rinne in Season 1 and, when Wilhelmina recreated that Rinne in Season 2, all he did was run before Shana told him to attack.
__________________
Embrace the darkness around you...
lua thien is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 00:41   Link #124
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Generally in shows like this the main character is a wuss. Yuuji is a already better than a lot of the other main characters (Shiro from F/SN comes to mind). At least now he can cast a fuzetsu without much problems. And remember, the Pheles at the end is her real body, so she's much stronger than the fake one, Yuuji can probably sense her energy, so being scared in that situation is normal.

I wonder what Hecate's plan is though, maybe she tipped off Pheles about the location of the Reji Maigo.
__________________
So long.
TougeSil80 is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 00:51   Link #125
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Or it could be the fact that he had a arm coming out of his body.

Also Shiro isn't a wuss He's just Dense
__________________
Sterling01 is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 01:25   Link #126
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
I watched the episode, and don't mind me, but I feel there's something really lacking in this episode. Since when and why does Shana start calling Kazumi by first name?
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 01:36   Link #127
defrule
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Is Hecate supposed to be strong? She seemed mada mada in season one.
defrule is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 02:10   Link #128
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I watched the episode, and don't mind me, but I feel there's something really lacking in this episode. Since when and why does Shana start calling Kazumi by first name?
Since they bonded over their mutual affections for Yuji.

What's 300% more mysterious is why everyone is calling Shana "Shana-chan".
__________________
Tokkan is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 02:37   Link #129
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Meh, 9/10. Hearing Shana saying "Kazumi" was all it took.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 03:37   Link #130
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
What's 300% more mysterious is why everyone is calling Shana "Shana-chan".
Yeah. I felt it was kind of a deux ex machina maneuver of "er... it's a nickname?" And everyone just accepted it.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 03:40   Link #131
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one / one of the very few who is/are enjoying the love triangle for what it is, how it has evolved from a traditional bickering rival relationship, to a respect each other relationship, to an actual friends relationship, where both Yoshida and Shana improve each other while maintaining a more than cordial friendship. I enjoyed this episode from start to end... possibly because i always enjoyed S1 more for the peaceful moments and how Guze's and Earth's inhabitants interacted with each other than the battles. Aw well, to each to his own
No, you are not the only one I like the love triangle as well, but I can understand those who say that the x times "I wont loose to you" is annoying them.

However what I find much more annoying is that Yuji is incredibly dense, Yoshida confessed to him in S1 and he knows that Shana has some feelings for him as well. But what does he do?
1) Doesnt hear what Shana says at the end of S1
2) Doesnt realize that both Shana and Yoshida are fighting over him
3) Cares more for Konoe than Shana / Yoshida
4) Ike tells him to respect the feelings of other people and all he says is "Oh..."
5) At that rate we will have to wait for 6 more seasons until he makes the (wrong) decision.

Oh, and before I forget, there is one more thing thats also annoying, its the people who are constantly asking for more action in S2
Eisdrache is online now  
Old 2008-01-24, 03:46   Link #132
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
No, you are not the only one I like the love triangle as well, but I can understand those who say that the x times "I wont loose to you" is annoying them.

However what I find much more annoying is that Yuji is incredibly dense, Yoshida confessed to him in S1 and he knows that Shana has some feelings for him as well. But what does he do?
1) Doesnt hear what Shana says at the end of S1
2) Doesnt realize that both Shana and Yoshida are fighting over him
3) Cares more for Konoe than Shana / Yoshida
4) Ike tells him to respect the feelings of other people and all he says is "Oh..."
5) At that rate we will have to wait for 6 more seasons until he makes the (wrong) decision.

Oh, and before I forget, there is one more thing thats also annoying, its the people who are constantly asking for more action in S2
Very agreeable on your point about Yuji's denseness. After looking at what happened to Eita though, I wonder how thing would change if Yuji were to thought Shana was dead at some point in the story. Will he follow the same road that Eita did?
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 04:18   Link #133
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Very agreeable on your point about Yuji's denseness. After looking at what happened to Eita though, I wonder how thing would change if Yuji were to thought Shana was dead at some point in the story. Will he follow the same road that Eita did?
Somebody forgot about season 1, episode 21.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 07:38   Link #134
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
No, you are not the only one I like the love triangle as well, but I can understand those who say that the x times "I wont loose to you" is annoying them.

However what I find much more annoying is that Yuji is incredibly dense, Yoshida confessed to him in S1 and he knows that Shana has some feelings for him as well. But what does he do?
1) Doesnt hear what Shana says at the end of S1
2) Doesnt realize that both Shana and Yoshida are fighting over him
3) Cares more for Konoe than Shana / Yoshida
4) Ike tells him to respect the feelings of other people and all he says is "Oh..."
5) At that rate we will have to wait for 6 more seasons until he makes the (wrong) decision.

Oh, and before I forget, there is one more thing thats also annoying, its the people who are constantly asking for more action in S2
yuji knew everything, but he just doesn't want to choose.
cnnydz is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 12:22   Link #135
Kiyoru
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Hm, interesting episode. Just when I was starting to like Pheles ;_____;

aw, well. there is a plus side - moar action next episode.
Kiyoru is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 13:23   Link #136
The Real Nemo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Is Hecate supposed to be strong? She seemed mada mada in season one.
Unknown at this point, so far the only special abilities we've seen from her are her synchronizing with Yuji and the fact that she can take in a potentially endless amount of existence without ever being filled.
The Real Nemo is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 13:29   Link #137
cnnydz
Feed me
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Is Hecate supposed to be strong? She seemed mada mada in season one.
she is after all a guze no ou and one of the leaders of bal masque, so i wouldn't consider her being weak
cnnydz is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 13:56   Link #138
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Somebody forgot about season 1, episode 21.
It's true I forgot about that. Now that you mention it though, I can only remember it vaguely. Shana was pierced through in trying to protect Yuji... actually, I think he did think Shana was dead (even though I'm still a bit unsure). Anyway, my bad.

(although now I feel a bit disappointed in Yuji )
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 14:23   Link #139
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Nemo View Post
and the fact that she can take in a potentially endless amount of existence without ever being filled.
That never really made much sense to me. Denizens have a capacity? What's to stop any Denizen from consuming more poe?
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2008-01-24, 14:36   Link #140
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY
Age: 31
I was a little surprised with this episode. To be honest, I thought Pheles was only being introduced to serve as yet another unrequited love for Yuji. At first this episode in particular seemed on track to confirm my suspicions till it did a 180 in the last few minutes. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this develops.
mikesince83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.