AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 20:42   Link #501
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
but I have a feeling that Ada will play a part of helping oz getting himself back.... I mean even if he turned out to be a chain stuck inside that body... it was still him who played with ada and took care of her each day..... so she might convince oz that it doesnt matter who or what oz is since to her he is still her big brother she grow up with
Ada has a role to play, as will Oz's other friends (like Echo and Gil), but the crucial person for Oz's redemption--and I have no doubt he'll find a way out of this--is Alice. The bond between the two helped start all this, and it's resolution will by necessity involve the two of them also. I used to think of the two as a romantic pairing, but am not so sure now--they're close, but that doesn't seem to be the right way to classify it--at least for the moment, and maybe for the remainder of the story.

What Oz has that Jack never had are real *friends* and connections with others (Alice being the most important)--that will be what drags him out of the terrible emotional funk he's in right now.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 03:19   Link #502
sky black swordman

^ Ada, Echo yes. and Alice of course. But Gil ? Can Gil return to Oz's side after shooting him? At the very least Gil will be reluctant to retrun to Oz.
Old 2012-09-25, 04:09   Link #503
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない

Knowing Gil's personality, we can expect him to indulge in lengthy self hate and self torture.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 08:36   Link #504
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Knowing Gil's personality, we can expect him to indulge in lengthy self hate and self torture.
But I expect he'll find a way out of it, although it'll probably take a while.
Old 2012-09-25, 10:57   Link #505
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Isn't that EVERYBODY'S personality in this story?
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 12:28   Link #506
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Yeah, but Gil stands out since he's naturally prone to be a nervous wreck even when things don't go dark as all hell.

And hi, I'm new to the thread, but my god, do I love this manga.

Spoiler for Chapter 77:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 19:14   Link #507
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Yeah, but Gil stands out since he's naturally prone to be a nervous wreck even when things don't go dark as all hell.

And hi, I'm new to the thread, but my god, do I love this manga.

Spoiler for Chapter 77:
First, Welcome.

Hmm very true on all points.

And looks like the Author pulled a Benjamin Button.
On a side note D gray man recently pulled the same move.
Old 2012-09-25, 21:07   Link #508
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
The main male characters do tend to be pretty prone to depression (although frequently for good reason), but the female ones do not. Alice doesn't have that problem, or Sharon for that matter. This helps make them be good foils for Oz and Break.
Old 2012-09-26, 02:14   Link #509
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Ok, so right about now, I'm confused as all hell. who is who again? which of the 3 Alices is the will of the abyss, Lacie and Alice. How did Alice/lacie or wota steal/take B-rabbit's power and what's going to happen to Oz cause of that? And also..has Echo always been such a fairly important character..?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 13:25   Link #510
RainbowMagnet

I used to really love this manga, still do actually, but this is heading towards Tsubasa Chronicles' level of confusement.

I had no problem understanding everything up untill these last couple of "crazy time hijinks" chapters :s.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 19:42   Link #511
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Ok, so right about now, I'm confused as all hell. who is who again? which of the 3 Alices is the will of the abyss, Lacie and Alice. How did Alice/lacie or wota steal/take B-rabbit's power and what's going to happen to Oz cause of that? And also..has Echo always been such a fairly important character..?
Well when Lacie was thown in to the abyss , she was pregnant with the twin girls both name Alice. One of them became or fused with the will of the abyss becoming the will of the abyss. That would be the white haired Alice.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:15   Link #512
Used Can

I'm probably alone on this, but I really think this would make a great tragedy if it ends with a well executed sad end. It has all the ingredients required to make some sort of Greek or Shakespearean style tragedy.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:54   Link #513
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
I used to really love this manga, still do actually, but this is heading towards Tsubasa Chronicles' level of confusement.

I had no problem understanding everything up untill these last couple of "crazy time hijinks" chapters :s.
I think it's still nowhere near TRC level
Spoiler:
, but yeah it's kinda confusing at first. Just try to read it slowly since I think the manga had actually explained things quite well.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 23:19   Link #514
Flames

I wonder why didn't the Core of the abyss just allow Jack to be killed by the energy blast. This all would had been stop if the Core just use some of her power to kill Jack. The fact she allowed Jack to live does not make any sense to me after she saw everything he has done.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:37   Link #515
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Wasn't it the will of the abyss herself (assuming you were talking about her) that stops Alice to harm/hinder Jack in any way? Perhaps it's the feeling of the original Alice that held her back..

Old 2012-09-28, 09:08   Link #516
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Wasn't it the will of the abyss herself (assuming you were talking about her) that stops Alice to harm/hinder Jack in any way? Perhaps it's the feeling of the original Alice that held her back..
Alice was actually not trying to kill Jack. She was trying to erase the memories of herself/white Alice.
And the Will couldn't allow that because with Alice's + B-Rabbit's power she would've killed/destroyed Alice's soul entirely.
That's why the Will of the Abyss stopped her and only shattered her memories. Not because of Jack.
But Alyss said that after the flashback.
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:40   Link #517
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Another new chapter
Spoiler:

Old 2012-10-25, 00:56   Link #518
zibi88

well I wouldnt be supprised if Echo joined oz side :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:09   Link #519
Terizent
Nonsense!

Gilbert confirmed for MAXIMUM LOYALTY. ;__; I swear that he has just moved up several ranks in the badass tier.

Now I feel bad for doubting him earlier, I thought that he would really defect to the Baskervilles' side. It's good to see that Gilbert decided to stick with his own choices instead of oaths that were forced (and brainwashed) upon him. Now all we had to to is rescue Break...
Old 2012-10-25, 03:37   Link #520
Tormenk

Spoiler for my reaction after finishing the chapter:

"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen