|2004-03-04, 11:47||Link #1|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Questions on gundam z (spoilers)
Hi... i just finished watching all 50 eps of gundam Z, and i'm abit puzzled by the ending parts... partly because i thought the version was quite poorly subbed.Hopefully someone can clear some of my doubts about this show?
- After Axis helped AEUG destroy titan's colony laser and space fortress, Jamitov and paptimus went to negotiate with Hamaan. Halfway during the negotiations paptimus wanted to kill hamaan, but char appeared and shot Jamitov and Paptimus instead. After that they all left hamaan's ship, and i would guess that axis were still helping AEUG, but in the next episode Axis were attempting to drop their space fortress on AEUG's base on the moon...?? I would guess that axis would be still helping AEUG considering that that titans wanted to kill hamaan? But instead they went to attack AEUG?
- In the second last episode, Axis and titans were allied against AEUG? (not sure about this part). If so, why?
- Did Char die in the end?
|2004-03-04, 14:00||Link #2|
Join Date: Jan 2004
#1 It's pretty much a free-for-all, really, with temporary alliances. Axis/Neo-Zeon wants to "rule the world", AEUG was formed to resist the Titans, and Titans wanted more power for Earth (or rather, themselves). The alliance between Axis and AEUG was formed because Char was previously on Zeon's side.
#2 Paptimus is an opportunist. He knew about Axis from the start and joined the Titans for power, I think. The Titans that are left at the end are his troops, IIRC.
#3 Nope. Watch Char's Counterattack.
|2004-03-04, 14:13||Link #3|
Join Date: Nov 2003
Hamaan Khan doesn't care which side (AEUG or Titans) wins or loses. In a case of war, each side will sustain heavy damage. When the other loses, Axis can enter the arena to regain their military power relatively unharmed. Think of it as the US and the USSR engaging in a fierce superpower war, each sustaining very large damage. In the end, one side will win - with heavy expense...and you suddenly see China come out of nowhere as a military might.
But if either AEUG or Titans knew what Axis was up to, they might unite to put down Axis once and for all (though AEUG and Titans hate each other, they also hated Axis as well). So, Hamaan took the initiative to offer assistance to each side:
A. To end the war more hastily so they can enter the arena earlier.
B. To sustain as much casuality as possible to both sides.
She first offered assistance to AEUG. But talks broke down, thanks partially to Quattro Barzina (aka Char Aznable), who knew that Hamaan couldn't be trusted (for one, she took over the remaining Zeon forces as regent for little Mineba Zabi).
Hence, Axis allied herself with Titans to crush AEUG.
To stress this again: Hamaan could care less which side she is on. Her main purpose is to sustain heavy damage to both sides as much as possible so Axis can revive once again.
The saga continues onto "ZZ Gundam"
To answer your question: Did Char die at the end?
No. Just like at the end of the original First Gundam, Char went away. When you read the novel, you see Char going back underground to wait for the chance when Hamaan and Axis is destroyed (thanks to Judo Ashita in "ZZ Gundam"), to finalize his father's (Zeon Daikun's) dream of an actual Zeon Independent State. By the movie "Char's Counterattack," you see him as a charismatic leader of Neo-Zeon.
Remember the UC timeline to watch Gundam to enjoy the series:
1. Original First Gundam, or the Gundam Movie trilogy (TV series/movie)
2. Gundam MS08th Team (OVA)
3. Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket (OVA)
4. Gundam 0083 Star Dust Memories (OVA/movie)
5. Gundam Z (TV series)
6. ZZ Gundam (TV series)
7. Gundam Char's Counterattack (movie)
8. Gundam F91
9. V Gundam
10. G Gundam
11. Gundam W
12. Gundam X
13. Turn A Gundam
|2004-03-05, 07:47||Link #4|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Ok... i understand that the 3 sides have no sort of real alliance with each other, but when Scirocco and jamitov went to hamaan's ship for negotiations
- scirocco wanted to kill hamaan (but failed)
- scirocco killed jamitov during the confusion and later told titans that hamaan was the one who killed jamitov
I think that would pretty much make titans immediate enemies of the Axis? But instead of dealing of the most immediate threat of titans, Hamaan decided to drop Axis on the moon? And AEUG, who could have made use of the hostility between hamaan and the titans to ally with hamaan and eliminate the titans first, decide to attack and capture gryps (the colony laser) at this time? Doesnt make much sense to me...