AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-23, 05:01   Link #1
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Problem occurred

This is pretty weird I left my pc for like 5 to 10 mins and after when I logged in this error showed up...after some minutes the pc restarted. After that I immediately run memtest to see if its a ram problem but it showed no errors. Could this be a hard drive failing?? Or something else?

Quote:
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:26   Link #2
hobbes_fan
You could say.....
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
could be anything really. It could be there's not enough room left to do a proper defrag, could be error due to a corrupted file, could be just a simple error etc. Consistent failure is the key here not one off popups.

Need more info. all errors are logged by xp and this should have a specific error code
follow these instruction to find that error code (looks something like 000000000cx2123544334)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Once you have that google it or post it here and so we can see exactly what is going on. ( Iassume this is the p4 system from a while back?)
__________________
Before you ask "How do I convert fansubs to...." see the following
MP4 - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47693
Convert AVI/MKV/MP4 to DVD
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:54   Link #3
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
could be anything really. It could be there's not enough room left to do a proper defrag, could be error due to a corrupted file, could be just a simple error etc. Consistent failure is the key here not one off popups.

Need more info. all errors are logged by xp and this should have a specific error code
follow these instruction to find that error code (looks something like 000000000cx2123544334)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Once you have that google it or post it here and so we can see exactly what is going on. ( Iassume this is the p4 system from a while back?)
Yes, its the dang p4 give me some time to do what your asking for....

Faulting application dfrgntfs.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module dfrgntfs.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00011b59.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 18:48   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Just so you can save yourself some time in the future, whenever a problem occurs don't immediately assume that it's the RAM. Testing the RAM properly requires a lot of time, and generally you should only suspect that it's a RAM problem if you're using new RAM, you handled your RAM recently, or if your entire system has become unstable (not just one specific program). Even then, it's more likely that system instability is caused by malicious software than by bad RAM, if your RAM wasn't giving you problems before.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 20:29   Link #5
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 24
Do you have any automatic defragmenting process enabled? Turn that off and see what happens.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 22:15   Link #6
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Or you can try running on safe mode and see if the problem still consist or maybe you need some better softshell extension but I don't think thats the case here.
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 22:18   Link #7
hobbes_fan
You could say.....
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Ok it's a defrag error at least that's what dfrgntfs.exe is. Have you been able to repeat this error?
__________________
Before you ask "How do I convert fansubs to...." see the following
MP4 - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47693
Convert AVI/MKV/MP4 to DVD
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:45   Link #8
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
@Ledgem: I'll take note of what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Ok it's a defrag error at least that's what dfrgntfs.exe is. Have you been able to repeat this error?
None so far....


Also how can I see if its defragmentting automatically?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 07:24   Link #9
hobbes_fan
You could say.....
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
I don't use the Windows defragmenter but what do you mean automatically? As in a schedled maintenance task?.I use Auslogics disk defrag (free) as it seems to be faster and more efficient.
__________________
Before you ask "How do I convert fansubs to...." see the following
MP4 - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47693
Convert AVI/MKV/MP4 to DVD
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 08:09   Link #10
toru310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
I don't use the Windows defragmenter but what do you mean automatically? As in a schedled maintenance task?.I use Auslogics disk defrag (free) as it seems to be faster and more efficient.

Quote:
Do you have any automatic defragmenting process enabled? Turn that off and see what happens.
This part....

How can I see if its enabled or not?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 13:33   Link #11
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I think he meant by a schedule defragmenting. Check if it is scheduled or not. If it is, disable that and try to see what happens next.
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 13:50   Link #12
hobbes_fan
You could say.....
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
If you haven't set it then it's not on.

But for reference

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555098
__________________
Before you ask "How do I convert fansubs to...." see the following
MP4 - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47693
Convert AVI/MKV/MP4 to DVD
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.