AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-08, 12:51   Link #861
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: My own delusions of grandeur.
Age: 26
Good one, Salv.
__________________
Blank-Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 03:29   Link #862
mikoo
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Spoiler for a male Nora is very fine:


Spoiler for NSFW:
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 12:36   Link #863
RampagingEvangelion
Asuka, Asuna, and Horo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Spoiler for a male Nora is very fine:


Spoiler for NSFW:
Male Nora? You mean the middle character? That's not Nora (unless there's a joke in there I'm missing). It's somebody from the 3rd novel.
RampagingEvangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 13:38   Link #864
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lithuania
Age: 27
I can actually tell that that guys name is Amati, but now that I think about it.. he does look like a male Nora ^_^
salv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:42   Link #865
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Thats what i initially thought looking at that as well. I mean I figured it wasn't nora, but they just look so similar.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 08:25   Link #866
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Spoiler for NSFW:
I have that book. It's pretty hot. :3
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:16   Link #867
RampagingEvangelion
Asuka, Asuna, and Horo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
You're right, I didn't realize how much Amati could pass as a male Nora. Strange now that I look at it like that...
RampagingEvangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 11:13   Link #868
judgment26
Former B-T Translator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
I have that book. It's pretty hot. :3
Wait a sec, WHAT BOOK!?
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 11:23   Link #869
TargetAlpha
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
Wait a sec, WHAT BOOK!?
Thats exactly what i said!

I would link you to ebay. But then i'd have to kill you before you buy it since i don't have the money for it right now.

Meh..

Spice and Wolf book
TargetAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 23:05   Link #870
RampagingEvangelion
Asuka, Asuna, and Horo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
Wait a sec, WHAT BOOK!?
I have to admit I thought I read the post wrong at first but had the same reaction. (only I couldn't read it hehe)
RampagingEvangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 23:14   Link #871
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Yeah, it's a book of rough sketches mostly. Very good art, though, and good for reference.
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 23:46   Link #872
judgment26
Former B-T Translator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Age: 28
Hmm....I might have you go hunt that up sometime...0.0
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 21:37   Link #873
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
Hmm....I might have you go hunt that up sometime...0.0
It's a bit expensive to purchase, but worth it!
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 00:21   Link #874
judgment26
Former B-T Translator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
It's a bit expensive to purchase, but worth it!
Wanna be a bit more specific?

I have yet to determine whether it's available in Taiwan. If not, I might have to do some online shopping later on....
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 16:11   Link #875
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
Wanna be a bit more specific?

I have yet to determine whether it's available in Taiwan. If not, I might have to do some online shopping later on....
Here it is on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spice-and-Wolf-P...1%7C240%3A1318
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 16:22   Link #876
Kaguya
an idler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suzuka
SHIMAHOKKE is Doujinshi of Kazuya Kuroda who is a character designer of S&W Anime.
K-BOOKS price list

Vol.11 was sold in Comike of summer last year.
The amount of pages is 44 pages and is black-and-white printing except a cover.
The amount of 26 pages are the original picture sketch of anime.
The rest of pages is an original picture of the illustration for DVD or a magazine.
The sketched character are Horo, Chloe, Nora, and Lawrence.
(Lawrence's scene is only one cut.)

All are pencil sketches except a cover.
Probably, it will be good for reference of sketch lesson exactly.


Although the contents seem to be an art book, the under 18 years visitor cannot purchase.
When I purchased it, the price was about 2000 yen (15 euros, 20US$).
Now, at MANDARAKE, it is sold for 2000 to 3000 yen (15-22.5 euros, 20-30US$).
The market price of an auction is also the same.
I think that the prices of eBay are excessive profits.

Last edited by Kaguya; 2009-04-02 at 16:34.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 19:38   Link #877
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
SHIMAHOKKE is Doujinshi of Kazuya Kuroda who is a character designer of S&W Anime.
K-BOOKS price list

Vol.11 was sold in Comike of summer last year.
The amount of pages is 44 pages and is black-and-white printing except a cover.
The amount of 26 pages are the original picture sketch of anime.
The rest of pages is an original picture of the illustration for DVD or a magazine.
The sketched character are Horo, Chloe, Nora, and Lawrence.
(Lawrence's scene is only one cut.)

All are pencil sketches except a cover.
Probably, it will be good for reference of sketch lesson exactly.


Although the contents seem to be an art book, the under 18 years visitor cannot purchase.
When I purchased it, the price was about 2000 yen (15 euros, 20US$).
Now, at MANDARAKE, it is sold for 2000 to 3000 yen (15-22.5 euros, 20-30US$).
The market price of an auction is also the same.
I think that the prices of eBay are excessive profits.
Agree, I bought it for about 2200 yen, about 20 USD. I linked to the eBay listing to see what kind of reaction it would get! Darn you for ruining my fun. :P

:3
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 09:55   Link #878
judgment26
Former B-T Translator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Age: 28
Holy crap, it's $125 on e-bay. Now that's definitely beyond my present budget. Meh, maybe some other time then....
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 03:20   Link #879
Flo
The Necessary Evil
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Peeing on Stinku's Grave
Lawrence planted less than 7 seeds inside of Horo

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:59   Link #880
FTGT
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
@Flo
Awwwwww..... so cute. I really enjoy those "offspring" fanarts. ^^

But who could be the person in the back? Nora?
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
images

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.