AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 20:56   Link #1
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Kagerou Days (カゲロウデイズ) [LightNovel + Manga]

Kagerou Days (カゲロウデイズ) is a novel series written by Shizen no Teki-P under the KCG Bunko label.

On August 15, 2013 it was announced that an anime adaptation of Kagerou Project, called Mekaku City Actors (メカクシティアクタース?), had been greenlit. The anime will be directed by Akiyuki Shinbo at Shaft.

Currently Light novel does have 4 volumes.

Volume 1 to Volume 4 frontpage

SypnosisManga)

A story based on the new popular series of songs by Jin (Shizennoteki-p) titled "Kagerou Project". Shintaro Kisaragi, a neet who shut himself inside his room for two years, has been living his life normally until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen when someone sent him an e-mail one year ago. One day, Ene messing up with Shintaro's PC. which cause him have to go to outside world for first time in two years.

Manga:

Currently have 3 volumes and published in the comic gene magazine.

Volume 1 to 3 Frontpage:

3 Anthology Comics have also been published:

As of now manga translation is on a regular basis but the light novel translation is kinda rare to find, just try to google it, since this series is really a good one.

Mod Edit:

To go to the Mekaku City Anime go here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114138

To go to the Mekaku City /Kagerou Project music videos go here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125533
Suzuki-Goro

Character:
Original Art

Last edited by Flower; 2014-04-20 at 17:47.
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 04:48   Link #2
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない

Just to point out again, the PV at the top is not the official PV.

Here is the list of official tracks in order, from the bottom to the top.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/30497131
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 14:16   Link #3
Quol
Anime Lurker

I have been following the manga for a while now, and I cant believe that this didn't have a thread.

Anyway can someone tell me about the overall plot, since from what I have seen it is a group of visual power users who spend every day doing normal stuff.

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 16:50   Link #4
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない

It is about saving the people who are looping inside the Kagerou Days, and defeating that guy in Outer Science. Which the Mekakushi Dan had failed to do so every time so far.
Old 2013-09-11, 22:48   Link #5
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Just to point out again, the PV at the top is not the official PV.

Here is the list of official tracks in order, from the bottom to the top.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/30497131
Thank you for the playlist, I'm still gathering including the final one, that's why I havent posted it.

Playlist for those who don't have nico2x account

Kagerou Project
Suzuki-Goro

Character:
Original Art
Old 2013-12-13, 18:21   Link #6
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

So I've been reading this and it's pretty good so far.
Was abit confusing on my 1st read through but got it all after reading it again.
Not sure what to make of the time loop yet as it's abit early to say really but I'm looking forward to seeing whats gonna happen.
Ene's back story being revealed in that manner was also pretty cool and abit jarring at same time, the story jumping around abit made things somewhat confusing if you weren't paying full attention.

Funny, premise talks about Shintaro as if he's the MC which as it goes he is but I'm still at a loss of exactly what kinda role he plays in the story compared to the rest.
It's got me hooked on wanting to find that out but I think it might be some time before we do.

Lots of lovely characters to like but damn chapter 18 threw me for a loop
Old 2013-12-13, 19:41   Link #7
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない

Shintaro? Ypu can litsen to Lost Time Memory.
That probably is his most important function in the story.
Old 2013-12-14, 00:06   Link #8
Ougon no Kemono

Funny how this thread has less replies and spoilers than anime one.

If you wanna start watching the MVs I recommend watching them in order.

Edit:

Last edited by Ougon no Kemono; 2013-12-14 at 00:22.
Ougon no Kemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 10:03   Link #9
Ougon no Kemono

Moving this from the anime thread,

Spoiler for LN and MVs:
Old 2014-01-17, 12:16   Link #10
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I have bought a copy of the manga. Money well-spent.
Old 2014-01-17, 14:00   Link #11
Iron Maw
~Undying Loyality~

I'm getting DRRR!! vibes from this series which is good. Think I'm going to check out manga later today.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 14:26   Link #12
Ougon no Kemono

KagePro really needs more love here on animesuki. It's one of the most popular series to emerge.

@Iron Maw: You should check the MVs too.
Old 2014-01-18, 15:32   Link #13
Iron Maw
~Undying Loyality~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
KagePro really needs more love here on animesuki. It's one of the most popular series to emerge.
The anime thread already has about 200 something posts and show hasn't even aired yet. It will most likely gain some recognition but spring is going to be very fierce competition-wise among adaptations more than any other season ever. Mahouka, Blade Dance, DAL, Dragonar Academy, NGNL, KanColle are all highly popular, fulled mainstream elements and even have something of base in western fandom so I won't be surprised if Kagerou Days is overshadowed. The Shaft factor may help it out, but it might have better to wait until the less packed Fall 2014 to air.

Quote:
@Iron Maw: You should check the MVs too.
Should I check the MVs before manga or does not matter in this case? Because I'm hearing that story would be easier to understand.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-01-18 at 16:00.
Old 2014-01-18, 19:14   Link #14
Ougon no Kemono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The anime thread already has about 200 something posts and show hasn't even aired yet. It will most likely gain some recognition but spring is going to be very fierce competition-wise among adaptations more than any other season ever. Mahouka, Blade Dance, DAL, Dragonar Academy, NGNL, KanColle are all highly popular, fulled mainstream elements and even have something of base in western fandom so I won't be surprised if Kagerou Days is overshadowed. The Shaft factor may help it out, but it might have better to wait until the less packed Fall 2014 to air.

Should I check the MVs before manga or does not matter in this case? Because I'm hearing that story would be easier to understand.
In Japan, KagePro is more popular than Mahouka. (You forgot Black Bullet!)

The thread was mostly filled with posts by only few users, majority of the animesuki is either completely ignorant of KagePro, or they are just aware that "something like that exists". Love is really lacking.

I think you should check MVs out first.
Old 2014-01-18, 20:24   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Probably most of those posts have nothing to do with the show and everything to do with the music videos and other source materials, and as such shouldn't even be left in that thread in the first place
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 23:41   Link #16
Iron Maw
~Undying Loyality~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
In Japan, KagePro is more popular than Mahouka. (You forgot Black Bullet!)

The thread was mostly filled with posts by only few users, majority of the animesuki is either completely ignorant of KagePro, or they are just aware that "something like that exists". Love is really lacking.

I think you should check MVs out first.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the tip too. Well things might change a bit here once airing starts as slim chance that is in this mess of season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Probably most of those posts have nothing to do with the show and everything to do with the music videos and other source materials, and as such shouldn't even be left in that thread in the first place
After just reading though the thread, it's exactly as you said.
Old 2014-04-20, 09:25   Link #17
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Manga volume 4 cover:
Spoiler:

Novel volume 5 cover:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-20, 17:50   Link #18
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Just so everyone knows, I have included links to the anime thread and the music video thread for Kagerou Days / Mekaku City Actors in the OP for easy reference should anyone want to look at those resources as well.
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 14:06   Link #19
BionicMeerkat

Hi everyone! This will likely be buried since I don't know how many people were following this thread but here goes.

I came across some info for the 5th Light Novel Volume and I'm gonna be posting it here. Thanks to flower for putting this thread over at the anime thread.

Just as a heads up, this is from Facebook so take it with a grain of salt. I would search for it in Tumblr but I haven't used tumblr in months so I have no clue what I'm doing

Spoiler for Kagerou Daze - The Deceiving:

Hopefully this isn't old news but since there seems to be a lack of inactivity, thought why not share some info? Feel free to ask me any questions. Cheers!
Old 2014-04-21, 15:35   Link #20
mangakid95
The One-Man Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicMeerkat View Post
Hi everyone! This will likely be buried since I don't know how many people were following this thread but here goes.

I came across some info for the 5th Light Novel Volume and I'm gonna be posting it here. Thanks to flower for putting this thread over at the anime thread.

Just as a heads up, this is from Facebook so take it with a grain of salt. I would search for it in Tumblr but I haven't used tumblr in months so I have no clue what I'm doing

Spoiler for Kagerou Daze - The Deceiving:

Hopefully this isn't old news but since there seems to be a lack of inactivity, thought why not share some info? Feel free to ask me any questions. Cheers!
Thank you for the spoiler. Much appreciated.

Gotta give Jin credit, he knows how to keep you interested. I like his style of storytelling. Instead of infodumps, he answers it bit by bit & that's what keeps me coming back.

Spoiler for questions regarding spoiler:

Tags
kagerou daze/days, kagerou project