AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-30, 04:28   Link #761
noahgab1133
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Cool

I love S&W. I found out about this brilliant story from the manga and then went to the anime and finally the novels. It truly is a magnificent story. Thanks to all the translators from that hardworking website. Also i might try to do some minor editing to fix spelling/grammer errors or to make sentences flow better or make more sense.

Last edited by noahgab1133; 2009-07-30 at 19:40.
noahgab1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 11:13   Link #762
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahgab1133 View Post
I love S&W. I found out about this brilliant story from the manga and then went to the anime and finally the novels. It truly is a magnificent story. Thanks to all the translators from that hardworking website. Also i might try to do some minor editing to fix spelling/grammer errors or to make sentences flow better or make more sense.
Hi, you might review the forum rules and edit your post... mentioning locations of fansubs, scanlations, or translations once a product has been licensed is verboten

But yes, I went from anime to novels and now to manga and have enjoyed all immensely (very rare with a franchise).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 19:41   Link #763
noahgab1133
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
sorry about that. i fixed my post.
noahgab1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 01:45   Link #764
FTGT
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hi, you might review the forum rules and edit your post... mentioning locations of fansubs, scanlations, or translations once a product has been licensed is verboten

But yes, I went from anime to novels and now to manga and have enjoyed all immensely (very rare with a franchise).
You actually use the german word "verboten" in the english language?
I didnt know that. I was sure that it would be only "forbidden" or "prohibited" in that case. With "Kindergarten" und "Schadenfreude" thats the third german word I know of that both languages use in the same manner.

I also enjoyed anime, manga and novels immense so far. The whole Idea of a traveling merchant messing around with business contracts and a cunning wolf deity is totally unique and makes this a brilliant piece of art.
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 11:09   Link #765
Toreno
すごい!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 22
I just noticed that the anime is still at volume 3... Well, not that I'm complaining.

@FTGT

There are many more German words used in the English language like Stadtland, Angst, Zeitgeist, Dreck, Achtung, Blitzkrieg, Doppelgänger etc. ^^
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 11:45   Link #766
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post
You actually use the german word "verboten" in the english language?
I didnt know that. I was sure that it would be only "forbidden" or "prohibited" in that case. With "Kindergarten" und "Schadenfreude" thats the third german word I know of that both languages use in the same manner.

I also enjoyed anime, manga and novels immense so far. The whole Idea of a traveling merchant messing around with business contracts and a cunning wolf deity is totally unique and makes this a brilliant piece of art.
German words in english come from several sources -- a big percentage was simply due to the American soldier experience in WW2. Many words are known simply from that period. People will use German words for humorous effect or in a satirical way (comedy). Other words come from the sciences. 'Gestalt' (there's your fourth word) is another term.
And yet more words slip in simply due to the huge number of Germans who settled in America (Texas is dripping in German ancestry and still notes it with the names of towns, polka, and beer festivals).

English is a slutty sponge of a language which makes it quite adaptable and survivable. Interestingly, Japanese is the same way (which is fascinating considering the general insularity of the culture).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 20:49   Link #767
Kaguya
an idler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suzuka
May I mention the preview of the novel which is in an official site here?
I will delete it, if it is forbidden.

Vol.12 is released on August 10.



I thought that a cover illustration was the turn of twilight, but it seems to be midnight.
Maybe Vol.11 was twilight.

Spoiler for preview:
The 2nd girl character has appeared since Alies in Vol.7.
Vol.12 seems to be a role playing game somehow.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 23:58   Link #768
prnoct90
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
What novel does season 2 cover?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 01:51   Link #769
Kaguya
an idler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
What novel does season 2 cover?
The season 2 covers Vol.3 and Vol.5.
Vol.5 is the volume of the beginning of the arc which continues till Vol.9.
Although a story is ended on the way, I can say that it is a climax in a certain meaning.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 08:49   Link #770
prnoct90
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
What about vol 4? Did they just skip it?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 12:21   Link #771
Kaguya
an idler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suzuka
Vol.4 is skipped although a reason is unexplained.
A story is not contradictory even if Vol.4 is skipped.
But it cannot be inserted after Vol.6 because Vol.4 runs short of characters.
Therefore, Vol.4 will be used as OVA.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 16:25   Link #772
prnoct90
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
so it was announced vol 4 would be an ova?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 16:40   Link #773
Kaguya
an idler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suzuka
No, nothing is announced.
It merely lacks characters for the season 3 or 4.
Therefore, maybe, Vol.4 is not used for a broadcast version.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 05:51   Link #774
AlaAlba
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Spoiler for preview:
wouldnt diane fit that one? she is a big bird with white feathers, and angel have white feathers usually. She is also a witch.
I doubt it is her though
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 10:57   Link #775
FTGT
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
@FTGT
There are many more German words used in the English language like Stadtland, Angst, Zeitgeist, Dreck, Achtung, Blitzkrieg, Doppelgänger etc. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
German words in english come from several sources -- a big percentage was simply due to the American soldier experience in WW2. Many words are known simply from that period. People will use German words for humorous effect or in a satirical way (comedy). Other words come from the sciences. 'Gestalt' (there's your fourth word) is another term.
And yet more words slip in simply due to the huge number of Germans who settled in America (Texas is dripping in German ancestry and still notes it with the names of towns, polka, and beer festivals).
English is a slutty sponge of a language which makes it quite adaptable and survivable. Interestingly, Japanese is the same way (which is fascinating considering the general insularity of the culture).
Thx for the Infos. I learned something new.
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:56   Link #776
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
May I mention the preview of the novel which is in an official site here?
I will delete it, if it is forbidden.

Vol.12 is released on August 10.



I thought that a cover illustration was the turn of twilight, but it seems to be midnight.
Maybe Vol.11 was twilight.

Spoiler for preview:
The 2nd girl character has appeared since Alies in Vol.7.
Vol.12 seems to be a role playing game somehow.
Aww man, now I have to cancel my order and add that item. Oh well.
__________________
Masanori Ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 12:02   Link #777
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Has Horo's and Lawrence's relationship gone anywhere? I'm feeling like starting to read this again.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:36   Link #778
ice73
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Hi.

Hullo everyone. I have to say no anime has intrigued me this much in many, many years. Thanks to this and other fan forums, my thirst for information about this series has been slaked (but not quenched!) It is what drives me to ask, on my first post, a couple of questions.

1. Could someone please tell me about the people shown in the Spice and Wolf II OP? Basically, I would like to know who the nun and the white-shirted man, the old man sitting at the table, the chugalugging waitress(?), and the fellow on the rocking ship are. Is that drinking woman Iima from Volume 4? And why is the ED showing Amati curtsying to that nun?

2. Does Diana reappear in the novels?

3. Does that bear appear in the novels?

Thanks.
ice73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 16:47   Link #779
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
can anyone tell me the release date for the first three novels?I'm...erm...a little bit interested in the officially translated version....not that I am all that interested in novels...or something...

*whistles innocently*

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:28   Link #780
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Volume 1 is scheduled for December 2009. Volume 2 is scheduled for June 2010. Volume 3 is scheduled for December 2010. The Yen Press web page lists a release every 6 months through volume 6 in June 2012.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
holo, light novels, shounen, sienen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.