AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-02-28, 03:52   Link #961
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Well, I'll call that semi-good news... at least we can all keep enjoying fresh releases in the West. But, I can appreciate that it will likely be a pain in regard to shipping for you. International shipping has on a couple of occasions cost me more than the item I wanted... that is always frustrating (as is playing the waiting game)!
Old 2010-02-28, 05:25   Link #962
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Haha yeah, I dont mind because I enjoy Spice and Wolf, and I suppose now if there's a slip cover for each I'll have a chance to get it, but it does mean each book will cost about $20 rather than 10

Oh well, such is life, besides knowing my luck amazon will turn round and say that they made a mistake and the book WILL be available in like 3 months
Now if only they'd boost the release schedule...
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 13:16   Link #963
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

lol to follow this up, Amazon.co.uk sent me an item alert this morning telling me Vol2 was now available for preorder... (again). Whats up with that hahah, may as well just not have cancelled my pre-order the first time, the 'tards...
Old 2010-03-02, 13:35   Link #964
LKK

^^ Sounds to me like Amazon.UK found another supplier / importer.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 21:54   Link #965
Matt122005

Yen Press tweeted on Twitter that they had just looked at the first version of book 3 and thought it was great, along with the translation. Just thought I'd mention that.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 22:36   Link #966
Rajura

That's good news... 'twill be nice to see the English versions continuing to be produced.

Also, just thought I'd run this by y'all... did anyone else notice a handful of spelling errors in Volume 1 of the light novel?

I know how hard editing is, and I am the world's worst when it comes to reading what I want to be there i.e. I easily miss spelling and grammar mistakes because I read right through them. Sooooo, I'm not mad at the editors for these (was just wondering).
Old 2010-03-04, 05:50   Link #967
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I didnt notice any but then I was looking at that, I was just reading, and I read fast so I could have glossed over some. To be fair, I've seen the odd typo or spelling error in LOTS of books, they're very easy to miss in several hundred page volumes, and as long as they dont ruin what the book is trying to say, I dont think it matters so much.

Good news to hear they're full ahead on further novels in the series, book 2 isnt out yet and they're already seeing book 3...bah! Im looking forward to book 3 as well, it was a very tense arc in the show and Im interested to see how it compared in the book.
Book 4 should be even more interesting as the show missed it out
Old 2010-03-04, 09:49   Link #968
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Also, just thought I'd run this by y'all... did anyone else notice a handful of spelling errors in Volume 1 of the light novel?
Don't have my book with me but I remember noticing one or two. And there was something else that bugged me, ah, I think they used the word Advent when referring to an event and it threw me for a second to realize they weren't talking about the Christian Advent. Just made me wonder if that was the best translation they could do or if that was really in the original novel (and I was leaning towards the second actually, it sounded like the little piece of foreign culture an author would forget to look up).

Oh, and on ANN Cast the other day they had Kurt Hassler, the publishing director at Yen Press on, and he mentioned in passing that he had just been reviewing the translation for Spice and Wolf volume 3 so things are getting done!

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2010-03-07 at 17:06. Reason: More news
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 21:53   Link #969
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Always bound to be a mistake or two. At least it's not full of them.
Old 2010-03-12, 06:15   Link #970
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yeah Im just listening to that ANN newscast now for any tidbits and one good thing thats mentioned, at about 40:20 it says they experienced better than expected numbers with Haruhi, thier first light novel which they were really pleased about because it did well, and now they're seeing the same thing with Spice and Wolf, they're happy with the numbers they're seeing coming through.

In other words, it sounds like as far as visual novels go, its actually been a bit of a success!
Sounds good for the continued adaption of the series as long as sales keep up

Also it sounds like Kurt realises the cover changes upset a lot of people, but also believes they helped get it on shelves, and helped retailers accept the book. (Yen press on twitter has said they're planning a cover for volume 2 as well, and it almost sounds like it might come as standard this time)

As mentioned above as well, Kurt personally says on the show, in the 'his likes' section, on Spice and Wolf
Quote:
"I am absolutely in love with the Spice and Wolf novels, I just finished err... my editorial pass on the 3rd one the other day and I cant wait to get that out there".
So sounds like theres some good support from the company lead himself.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-03-04

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-03-12 at 06:26.
Old 2010-03-12, 07:55   Link #971
darkburst

I saw this in Yen Press's catalog on Hachette's website.

Spoiler for Possible novel 2 cover:

I'll be so happy if they use this cover.
darkburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 10:04   Link #972
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Is the the original cover? YP takes a while to update to update their website and thought the online retailers were using the Japanese cover as a place holder (although it does have the correct US logo). And I won't mind terribly if they change the cover again and give us slipcovers, just for pete's sake don't make the new cover so ugly!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 10:46   Link #973
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I think the likelyhood is they will use a new image on the second novel, just like the first, for retailer and market acceptance, however this time round they may include the secondary novel cover as standard rather than as a collectors item.

And yes, IIRC that is the original artwork.

From twitter:
Quote:
The plan currently is to jacket the second volume and print the original Japanese art on the cover.
So basically retailers will recieve jackets for copies of the second novel, which they can supply to buyers to then chose if they want the american cover, or the japanese original.
To be fair, we havent seen the artwork for the second novel yet, so its possible the americanised second book's cover could be a lot better than the first.
Old 2010-03-12, 11:10   Link #974
darkburst

Yeah this is where it was taken from, a catalog from here.

The same goes for Book Girl if you look at the July-August catalog. The original illustration is included with some stuff in the background.

Last edited by darkburst; 2010-03-12 at 11:37. Reason: link and wording
darkburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 18:39   Link #975
Rajura

Regardless of how nice the Western cover comes out, I want the Japanese cover dust jacket!

It was a nice touch to rectify a problem, and now, I just want continuity of my books because of me being just ever so mildly OCD. But... just as long as I get the original cover one way or another, I will be happy.
Old 2010-04-07, 12:47   Link #976
Kaguya
an idler

According to the author's blog, he has been suffering troubles recently, in order to write the ending of a novel.
He has said that he rewrote the plot no less than 3 times.
And he leaked about the travel for his collection of data in his blog on March 5.

Although the destination of the travel is not clarified, it is a place which he can visit by highway bus from Kyoto or Kobe.
And he has said that a shrine is a destination.
And the photograph of the view from another shrine which he visited accidentally is shown.

He has said that the shrine of the destination was very near it.
I searched for the place by Google Earth from these pieces of information.

Spoiler for a ending of the series (probably):
Although the new publication has been released every three months recently, Vol.15 is released on and after July 10.
Although I don't know whether this is the final volume, the climax is approaching.

I think that the announcement of the third season of anime is also near.
Since one piece of side story is released this week, I can endure by it for a while.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:01   Link #977
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

If he admitting he's having trouble doing justice to this book, and has rewritten it a few times, I'd actually say thats a good thing, as it means he's focused on doing it well, rather than just leaving the first ending he thinks of

What makes you say there is a 3rd series going to be announced soon, have you heard something specific? If true though very good news...do want!
Old 2010-04-07, 13:18   Link #978
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
What makes you say there is a 3rd series going to be announced soon, have you heard something specific? If true though very good news...do want!
I am not hearing the information on a third season.
Since the second season was announced eight months after the first season ended, I only presumed that a third season will be announced around June.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:49   Link #979
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Ah fair enough

Here's hoping the property is doing well enough to justify a 3rd season
Old 2010-04-07, 20:23   Link #980
Rajura

I would definitely welcome a third season... and a fourth for that matter!

I am also glad to see him working so hard on the story... I want it to leave me speechless. Very few books have done that to me, but so far S&W has done that very thing!

I just hope these last few side stories are all collected in a book... there are 2 now right... counting the one just released?

Oh and I can't bust open that spoiler... no spoilers for me! *Extremely, rare smilie usage about to go into effect*

Tags
holo, light novels, shounen, sienen