AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-14, 03:29   Link #1181
poleno
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
spoiler of vol 15 starts from here
Spoiler:
poleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 22:09   Link #1182
Tomoki
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
To avoid spoilers I'll post this question and pray for a hasty answer.

#1: Have the novels been finished?

#2: Have they All been Translated?

#3: Where can I purchase/view English translated versions of the Novel?

I thank anyone willing to provide me with the answers to these questions.
Tomoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 22:27   Link #1183
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoki View Post
To avoid spoilers I'll post this question and pray for a hasty answer.

#1: Have the novels been finished?

#2: Have they All been Translated?

#3: Where can I purchase/view English translated versions of the Novel?

I thank anyone willing to provide me with the answers to these questions.
#1: Not yet

#2: Not officially

#3: Right Stuf is your best bet (because as best I know, they still have the REAL COVER to use as a dust jacket to cover up the Westernized cover). Volumes I and II are available; Volume III will be available in December. Volumes I and II of the manga are available, and Volume III will be available in November.
__________________
Primary Faith: Christianity Secondary Faith: Holoism
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:25   Link #1184
Tomoki
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
#1: Not yet

#2: Not officially

#3: Right Stuf is your best bet (because as best I know, they still have the REAL COVER to use as a dust jacket to cover up the Westernized cover). Volumes I and II are available; Volume III will be available in December. Volumes I and II of the manga are available, and Volume III will be available in November.
Thanks a Ton Rajura.

So English wise, the novels haven't quite made is past season 2 of the Anime, correct?

How Disappointing. =(

So it's learn Japaneese or find online translations..which there isn't a good chance of eh?.

Meh, I'm going to Japan in a year for college anyway So I suppose I might as well start learning >_<.
Tomoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 15:05   Link #1185
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England
Age: 26
Aye, the series was only licensed fairly recently in the west, so we're due book 3 in December. Its going to take some time; but at least they're doing a good job with the translation, and the books aren't insanely hard to find.

The books haven't even touched Season 2 of the anime yet
__________________
Total Anime watched= Enough. What can I say? I'm a convert...
***
PRAY FOR SPICE AND WOLF III and faster Yenpress novel releases!
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:09   Link #1186
Tomoki
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Aye, the series was only licensed fairly recently in the west, so we're due book 3 in December. Its going to take some time; but at least they're doing a good job with the translation, and the books aren't insanely hard to find.

The books haven't even touched Season 2 of the anime yet
/Sad mode.

Ah, well I still need to re-watch series anyhoo. Its really intriguing. I suppose it's worth the wait, no? This will actually be the first series I legit follow as a fan. Searching around the Board I've found quite a few worthwhile topics that I would like to partake in, however I am trying to stay as far away form spoilers as possible. Despite some topics clearly saying that spoilers will not be marked, you guys make it a duty to mark them anyway, as a newbie, I thank you. You're care is very much appreciated.

Also, I did find the books on RightStuf. They are very fairly priced may I add, I'm not to keen on the length of the light novels, but 10 bucks isn't much at all. I'm not sure how much I'll be chocking up for shipping however its very reasonable. This is a series I plan on supporting to it's fullest anime/manga/novels/extra's all, something I've..well never done xD.

Despite the wait, I'm excited to see how this fairs.
Tomoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 07:29   Link #1187
Kaguya
an idler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suzuka
There is a short work of 140 or less characters which probably are not collected by even SIDE COLORS.
It may be suitable for reading to a trial.
It is collection of 36 writers' works which is contained in the free catalog of DENGEKI BUNKO published every two years, and is called dengekitter.
Isuna Hasekura wrote "狼と旅の一幕 (A scene of wolf and a travel)".
Since it is restricted to less than 140 characters, "..." is used abundantly and it is a story depending on readers' imagination.
Spoiler for large image:
A different story from it is released as the blog parts "moclock", or desktop accessory, on web.

http://moclock.dengeki.com/dengekibunko/download/



36 works will be displayed when the button of "d" is clicked.
Spice and Wolf is displayed as "coming soon".
Since three works are updated on Tuesday every week, probably it will be released on October 5.
Probably, update is only 1 time although moclock can be used as blog parts till March, 2011.
But I will jump for joy, if he tweets every week.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 06:01   Link #1188
woxx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: eastern europe :(
Thx for spoilers.
I dont know much about those industry but have novels a chance to be completed in english? Have Yen already canceled any projects? I just cant believe that they will publish it for 7 years. US is not a Japan

Last edited by woxx; 2010-09-28 at 06:29.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 08:07   Link #1189
JThree
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Can anybody help me backtrack to where Norah (after the 1st season) asked Lawrence to do her an errand/favor?

Where and what it was will be appreciated?

JThree
JThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:24   Link #1190
woxx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: eastern europe :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by JThree View Post
Can anybody help me backtrack to where Norah (after the 1st season) asked Lawrence to do her an errand/favor?

Where and what it was will be appreciated?

JThree
Maybe you mean OVA based on one chapter of vol7
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 11:03   Link #1191
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Thx for spoilers.
I dont know much about those industry but have novels a chance to be completed in english? Have Yen already canceled any projects? I just cant believe that they will publish it for 7 years. US is not a Japan
So far, Yen Press has not canceled any of its titles. However, they haven't been in business very long. They don't have a long track record on this issue one way or the other. The people at Yen Press seem to be genuinely devoted to manga, manwha, OLE, and light novels. They would not like to cancel anything, I'm certain. Unfortunately, I'm not as certain about their employers. Yen Press is a small division within Hatchett Books publishing company. Hatchett Books may be more willing to cancel titles or outright shut down Yen Press if it fails to meet Hatchett's expectations. Long story short, there's no way to guess at this point whether any of Yen Press' long series will see completion in the US.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:32   Link #1192
JThree
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Maybe you mean OVA based on one chapter of vol7
Perhaps, one website said Norah entrusts Lawrence with a task. I don't anything more than that

JThree
JThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 16:35   Link #1193
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
There is a short work of 140 or less characters which probably are not collected by even SIDE COLORS.
It may be suitable for reading to a trial.
It is collection of 36 writers' works which is contained in the free catalog of DENGEKI BUNKO published every two years, and is called dengekitter.
Isuna Hasekura wrote "狼と旅の一幕 (A scene of wolf and a travel)".
Since it is restricted to less than 140 characters, "..." is used abundantly and it is a story depending on readers' imagination.

A different story from it is released as the blog parts "moclock", or desktop accessory, on web.

Since three works are updated on Tuesday every week, probably it will be released on October 5.
Probably, update is only 1 time although moclock can be used as blog parts till March, 2011.
But I will jump for joy, if he tweets every week.

Dependent upon reader imagination? Great!!! I have a good imagination when it comes to Holo!

*Get your minds out of the gutter... not that kind of imagination*
__________________
Primary Faith: Christianity Secondary Faith: Holoism
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 22:23   Link #1194
ThunderSt0rm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to ThunderSt0rm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
So far, Yen Press has not canceled any of its titles. However, they haven't been in business very long. They don't have a long track record on this issue one way or the other. The people at Yen Press seem to be genuinely devoted to manga, manwha, OLE, and light novels. They would not like to cancel anything, I'm certain. Unfortunately, I'm not as certain about their employers. Yen Press is a small division within Hatchett Books publishing company. Hatchett Books may be more willing to cancel titles or outright shut down Yen Press if it fails to meet Hatchett's expectations. Long story short, there's no way to guess at this point whether any of Yen Press' long series will see completion in the US.
I hope they decide to keep Yen Press up and running since I have nothing else to look forward to atm (seeing that a season 3 is very doubtful at this point).

It's also possible they have the first 6 volumes scheduled for release to gauge the popularity/sales of the series, which they can then use to decide if they should release the rest of the series.
ThunderSt0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 00:52   Link #1195
woxx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: eastern europe :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSt0rm View Post
It's also possible they have the first 6 volumes scheduled for release to gauge the popularity/sales of the series, which they can then use to decide if they should release the rest of the series.
Thats wrong, look at other their titles. They dont announce anything over 2012 year. But Im worried about manga even more(no 4 volume there). I hope it was sold good.

I think season3 could be announced when light novels will end(16 or 17 volume)
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 15:50   Link #1196
Horofag123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Omg i have found and read an old baka translation of volume 4(it was skipped in anime). Now i know the plot of 1-5 volumes.
Vol 4 has the best story from them by far.... Its so wondeful.... I have no words. I cried when
Spoiler for scene:

Unbelievable that animators could jump through it (anime based on 1 2 3 5 volumes). Seems like they really wanted to end anime. After reading it i dont want season 3 anymore. **ck Brains Base for skipping it.
Volume 4 will be published next summer in US. Dont miss it!
Horofag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 22:51   Link #1197
ThunderSt0rm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to ThunderSt0rm
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Thats wrong, look at other their titles. They dont announce anything over 2012 year. But Im worried about manga even more(no 4 volume there). I hope it was sold good.

I think season3 could be announced when light novels will end(16 or 17 volume)
Sry, didn't bother looking before I posted. Just wanted to contribute somewhat to the conversation :/
ThunderSt0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 16:52   Link #1198
Horofag123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for summary 15:
thx, i will read it probably soon^^ If its not finished write more please
Horofag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:54   Link #1199
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Age: 32
Well, the first installment is up on the Moclock embed... unfortunately I cannot read some of the kanzi (in part due to size and a couple others I do not immediately recognize). And... since it is not in html format, I cannot copy/paste and put it into a larger font.

If anyone could place the original text here into this thread, it would be most appreciated!
__________________
Primary Faith: Christianity Secondary Faith: Holoism

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-10-05 at 04:50. Reason: Misspelling of a word
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:12   Link #1200
poleno
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
If I understood Moclock correctly, the link for Holo leads to the outside http://asciimw.jp/search/mode/search/freeword/狼と香辛料
But I didn't manage for reading anything to a trial.


Yet. May someone translate one comment for vol 15 from Jap?
It's like summary for me
Spoiler for Vol 15 jap summary spoiler:
poleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
holo, light novels, shounen, sienen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.