AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-02, 16:42   Link #1921
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That was the Japanese original edition (17 volumes) that ended in 2011. The English translation is still being worked on and distributed (by Yen Press). It will release volume 10 in English around 17 December. I don't know what status other language translations are in.

The ending is very grown up, not "high school confession by teenagers" at all. I won't spoil whether it is a happy or tragic ending here in the thread (though I think it was discussed many pages ago).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 10:50   Link #1922
Homucifer
Banned

Odd... From I read from a post that isn't what I heard what happened at the end, I heard Lawrence died.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 11:02   Link #1923
Sacredus

That probably was a fake spoiler.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sacredus; 2013-12-09 at 11:13.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 15:58   Link #1924
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by littshepkid View Post
Odd... From I read from a post that isn't what I heard what happened at the end, I heard Lawrence died.
If you're trolling, you're going to have to work a lot harder. There's a number of us that have read the original Japanese versions or unofficial translations. Generally, it's preferable to supply a link to a reference as well. "I heard", "I read", is just stinky vapor by itself.
Old 2013-12-09, 15:59   Link #1925
Homucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If you're trolling, you're going to have to work a lot harder. There's a number of us that have read the original Japanese versions or unofficial translations. Generally, it's preferable to supply a link to a reference as well. "I heard", "I read", is just stinky vapor by itself.
Yeah, I haven't been on the forum in ages and I came on just to post that troll post.....
You figured me out
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 16:02   Link #1926
for3ver
The Lost Child

tht shouldnt be correct, as those above me hav said, the ending should have had them opening a shop togeather (hot spring?), with lawrence accepting the fact that he will one day die, and leave her (where she may find a new man)
Old 2013-12-09, 23:31   Link #1927
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
tht shouldnt be correct, as those above me hav said, the ending should have had them opening a shop togeather (hot spring?), with lawrence accepting the fact that he will one day die, and leave her (where she may find a new man)
The "funny" thing is that is what couples have to accept NOW, mortal or not. Someone may step off the curb at the wrong time, an illness may take one partner, women tend to live 10 years or longer than men on average.

Horo's problem is that she's so much longer-lived than Lawrence that in terms of her own memories the time will be very short. The moral of the story (if there is any) is a deep sense of the notion that you can really only live in the NOW and to do what makes you happiest in the NOW because that's really all there is.
Old 2013-12-23, 17:35   Link #1928
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Right in time for the holidays, my volume 10 arrived this afternoon. The cover is most appropriate for the season. lol

With everything going on though, I won't be able to start reading until Christmas day.
Old 2013-12-23, 17:40   Link #1929
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
Right in time for the holidays, my volume 10 arrived this afternoon. The cover is most appropriate for the season. lol

With everything going on though, I won't be able to start reading until Christmas day.
Yeah, I got mine on Saturday. Since I am the nocturnist on Christmas Eve and Christmas, I will be trying to finish it as long as the ER isn't blowing-up.

I am hoping for a couple silent nights.
Old 2013-12-24, 02:50   Link #1930
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

am i missing something good? recently heard spice and wolf from a dengeki bunko game
Old 2013-12-24, 05:43   Link #1931
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yes. Yes you are. You're missing a good chunk of your life by not reading/watching/both Spice and Wolf.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 04:21   Link #1932
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
For whatever reason now is the time I'm going to be jumping in with the novels.

Probably originally started off just praying for that third season...and then a few years passed . On the positive a ton of material available to read between where the second season ended and the latest volume that came out over here.
Old 2014-01-05, 22:27   Link #1933
Rajura

Now is as good of a time as any... I found the flow of some of the English difficult. By that, I mean the syntax was clumsy.

There were also some typos that just should not have occurred.

I of course enjoyed the deepening of Holo and Lawrence's relationship.

I enjoyed the vivid depictions of the events but still don't like the rapidity with which the climax (once reached) is resolved.

Oh well, it was a nice read, and I can't wait for the next English installment.
Old 2014-01-06, 03:21   Link #1934
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Now is as good of a time as any... I found the flow of some of the English difficult. By that, I mean the syntax was clumsy.

There were also some typos that just should not have occurred.

I of course enjoyed the deepening of Holo and Lawrence's relationship.

I enjoyed the vivid depictions of the events but still don't like the rapidity with which the climax (once reached) is resolved.

Oh well, it was a nice read, and I can't wait for the next English installment.
Yeah, I have to say the deepening of that relationship is what I'm looking forward to the most. Still remain one of my favorite anime couples.

Will be nice to read some new stories while hearing their voices in my head .
Old 2014-04-24, 19:41   Link #1935
Rajura

Volume XI (English edition) just hit my doorstep. I look forward to seeing how true it holds to the original!
Old 2014-04-27, 14:05   Link #1936
Rajura

Sorry to double-post, but I just realized that Yen failed in this latest release. The pictures that accompany the stories are not placed appropriately. Some of the pictures for Golden Promise, Verdant Detour, and Black Wolf's Cradle are mixed-up.
Old 2014-04-27, 15:12   Link #1937
SeventhNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Sorry to double-post, but I just realized that Yen failed in this latest release. The pictures that accompany the stories are not placed appropriately. Some of the pictures for Golden Promise, Verdant Detour, and Black Wolf's Cradle are mixed-up.
I noticed that too. Oh well, its not a major deal but it is quite annoying.
SeventhNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 15:19   Link #1938
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well. At the least it sounds like a second edition might be needed. People should write to Yen and explain the error and how it is confusing.

These days it shouldnt be a big deal for them to at least correct it going forward. Even offer an exchange or a coupon of some kind.
Old 2014-04-27, 19:46   Link #1939
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well. At the least it sounds like a second edition might be needed. People should write to Yen and explain the error and how it is confusing.

These days it shouldnt be a big deal for them to at least correct it going forward. Even offer an exchange or a coupon of some kind.
I have written them regarding other significant typos and/or mistakes in the past.

I received no response when it comes to technical errors... though I must say that they did kindly send me the original art dust jacket for the first edition when I did not buy it from an online dealer (very kind of them to do so, enabling me to hide that terrible supermarket checkout smut novel cover).

I will email customer service tomorrow. I don't plan on buying second or third editions (the only time I have done so is when they "fixed" Volume I's cover).

I have already decided I am going to do my own translation and have a single leather-bound copy with images included at the appropriate locations made for me once all 17 volumes and large scale images have been printed.

It's not a copyright violation if it is just for me (and not sold) and better than current English options, right?
Old 2014-04-27, 23:31   Link #1940
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You can do whatever you like in the comfort of your own home

Tags
holo, light novels, shounen, sienen