AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-01-24, 01:37   Link #1
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Ipod Issues ( Does this belong here? )

I'm pretty sure somebody had this issue before, but I want a cure for it since it's starting to annoy me personally. To the Question~!

I've noticed that some songs that I upload from my folder(I didn't buy on ITunes and downloaded(Limewire) ) and I know it's in my Ipod from the list that I have on it, yet I never hear any of these songs.

The numbering is right on the list also, so I'm sure my Ipod isn't erroring with the actually amount of music it has within it. It's just that I think it's skipping or not playing.

Is my Ipod Lying to me?

I think it may have issues playing since the conversion and not supporting the audio file. But I thought uploading on Itunes solved that.

Any help?

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 16:12   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I've seen this before. There are usually two reasons: the file name is somehow incompatible, or there's something strange about the file. If you're uploading the song to the iPod through iTunes, then presumably the file is either in .aac or .mp3 format. If it isn't in either of those formats, that'd likely be the problem. Assuming that the file is one of those formats, there are a few things you can try:

1) Rename the file
2) Re-encode the file

If you've used special hacks to gain iTunes and iPod support for .oggs or other file formats, I can't really help you there. The two issues I mentioned should be the most common causes for why a file would be skipped over.

Note also that certain files may play well enough on your PC, but the iPod will have problems. I had one MP3 where, on the computer, there was simply a bit of static and a slight skip in the song. The iPod would hit that part of the song, freeze for a bit, and then move to the next song. iTunes didn't see anything wrong with the file.