AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2012-01-04, 07:01   Link #2381
Frailty
Half-Yōkai
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
My main is Haku. When I said practice, I was referring to the timing of his falling j.2c in a middle of a combo, and hopping Tsubaki during Mugen since I probably can't pull them off anymore.

For those who have Extend, how is Noel so far? She's my sub so I was wondering if she had any major changes. :3
awesome I main Hakumen too

I don't have Extend yet but...
anyway about Noel, as far as I've heard. She can't cancel to any special move during D. Check the changelogs, a quick search at google should do the trick~

Last edited by Frailty; 2012-01-04 at 07:16.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 07:42   Link #2382
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
C tier is the worst tier. Tsubaki and Makoto are there.
Noel is B- at least.
From the list I saw (from JBBS), the worst one is D tier, and it's true that Tsubaki and Makoto are there. Probably will try to pick up Makoto again to see why she's so low on that list. Dropped her when she's just too good in BBCS2 (actually, dropped her because of Platinum ).

Noel and Jin are C.
Old 2012-01-04, 10:44   Link #2383
hyl
zomg

Hakumen has become one of the stronger characters in extend, A or S from what i read. Mostly due to his faster meter gain and longer, more damaging mid screen combo's. His corner combo's look mostly the same. Eventhough Hotaru's damage has been nerfed, but then again a combo starting with that usually ended being 4-5k damage in the corner

D tier is most of the time exclusive for Tager or in CS1 case for Rachel as well.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 11:05   Link #2384
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I actually doesn't know about this game at all(beside that it's a fighting game) before listening to bururaji, but after listening to it, I'm now really interested in playing this lol. How hard is this game for people who's bad at fighting game like me? How hard is this compared to Street Fighter for example(since it's also 2D fighting game like this)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 11:35   Link #2385
hyl
zomg

blazblue is a more technical fighting game than street fighter. Street fighter mostly relies on oki, wakeup and playing footsie.
Old 2012-01-04, 12:37   Link #2386
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Both are nice games if you like to mash buttons though.
Old 2012-01-04, 14:19   Link #2387
hyl
zomg

if you want more mashing those 3d fighting games like tekken and soul calibur can win you more games with it though. Eventhough good players can easily defeat mashers.
Old 2012-01-05, 05:33   Link #2388
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
awesome I main Hakumen too
Eh, really? Good to know that I'm not the only one in this forums. XD

Pardon me for asking, but are you the aggressive or the defensive type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
How hard is this game for people who's bad at fighting game like me? How hard is this compared to Street Fighter for example(since it's also 2D fighting game like this)
I haven't played the newer Street Fighter games so I can't compare and contrast between the two. However, I can tell you that Blazblue is unforgiving to the newcomers. Expect to get slaughtered a lot at first, but don't let that discourage you since it's a very rewarding game. You really have to know your character well though. I'm talking about what moves to use on certain occasions and what to avoid at all cost. I can't speak frame language so I apologize if I'm not being more specific about it. :3

Well, to sum it all up, when you first start playing online, just consider the first several matches as a fun learning experience. Be optimistic about it. XD

Just for the record, it took me two weeks to beat someone with Ragna. Maybe I'm just exceptionally bad at fighting games. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
good players can easily defeat mashers.
This person speaks the truth. I used to mash buttons when I first started out. I won some matches but when I faced someone decent, I got punished REALLY hard. <3

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-01-05 at 05:45.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 06:12   Link #2389
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I haven't played the newer Street Fighter games so I can't compare and contrast between the two. However, I can tell you that Blazblue is unforgiving to the newcomers. Expect to get slaughtered a lot at first, but don't let that discourage you since it's a very rewarding game. You really have to know your character well though. I'm talking about what moves to use on certain occasions and what to avoid at all cost. I can't speak frame language so I apologize if I'm not being more specific about it. :3
I can't really say it's more unforgiving, honestly. The game is kinda easier than some fighting game I've played in term of newbie friendly. The timing for basic combo isn't head-scratching-strict like SF or SWR. Unless you are aiming for some advancing combo, then the game is starting to show it true face.
Old 2012-01-05, 09:23   Link #2390
Frailty
Half-Yōkai
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Pardon me for asking, but are you the aggressive or the defensive type?
I used to main Jin before switching to Hakumen, so I'm kinda aggresive. I counter when I can though. But I'm no turtle, I hate those kinds of players too. Their game style kind of bores me.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 10:38   Link #2391
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm.. I'm not looking to be a master or anything, just good enough to beat the computer I guess lol. How hard is the story mode enemy?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 10:49   Link #2392
hyl
zomg

The story mode is fairly easy, i could clear all of them and i can't even use half of the cast.
Old 2012-01-05, 11:10   Link #2393
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I used to main Jin before switching to Hakumen, so I'm kinda aggresive. I counter when I can though. But I'm no turtle, I hate those kinds of players too. Their game style kind of bores me.
Frankly, I don't remember seeing that many defensive Hakumen, though. He has those awesome pokes to help his offensive, so it's kinda a waste to not use them.
Old 2012-01-05, 11:36   Link #2394
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Personally, I'm more hype with the 3vs3 online mode.
You can't get more YuyuHakusho'er than that...

And no, can't even compare with KOF. :|
Old 2012-01-05, 12:28   Link #2395
hyl
zomg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Frankly, I don't remember seeing that many defensive Hakumen, though. He has those awesome pokes to help his offensive, so it's kinda a waste to not use them.
Hakumen's only solid pokes are 4c and j.c (this poke doesn't even lead into a combo), the rest are either too slow or lack the range to be actually called pokes for my taste. Most of his a and b normals are +x on block, so he is quite safe when playing offensively at close range and he has his counters to punish sloppy rushdowns or mixup attempts to play defensively
Old 2012-02-01, 08:02   Link #2396
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Not really a BlazBlue post but Guilty Gear x2 Reload is now available on Good Old Games.
Old 2012-02-01, 11:16   Link #2397
Sheba
Wanna Be The G.I.R.L

My advice would be to wait for Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core, since you'll have pretty much everyone, including ABA and Order Sol, who is one of my favorite characters to play. If they release Accent Core Plus, even better.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 21:00   Link #2398
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Still awaiting my BBCSE.

I really hope it's worth the buy.
Old 2012-02-02, 13:11   Link #2399
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

There goes my money.
Old 2012-02-02, 13:29   Link #2400
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

I wish I wasn't in Europe, urgh... I don't get why we still have a different cover for the game (and no offense to the many fans of it, but I find the LE edition particularly uninspiring and ugly), and with a subpar OST disc (song interlude itself is quite minimalistic in content).
Well "at least" we still got a LE, but the choices in general are quite weird if you ask me, after the good job they have done with CS (aside the cover/disc design which is probably the most ugly art change I've seen for a while).
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360