AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-26, 02:03   Link #821
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Can't be a hidden boss/scrapped character... we already know who mu-twelve is. If anything, it will be a powered up version of that character.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 03:59   Link #822
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
koogy from Dustloop was kind enough to rip songs from Continuum Shift.

Gluttony Fang - Hazama's Theme
Condemnation Wings - Tsubaki's Theme
Nightmare Fiction - Ragna VS Hazama
Memory of Tears - Noel VS Tsubaki

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-12-03 at 06:35.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 11:42   Link #823
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

no freaking way. i don't go to dl for two days and they get the songs. Gluttony Fang is crazy. it drops off a bit in the middle though.
Condemnation Wings is very long for a theme song. haha. though it seems a bit repetitive i think.
not really a big fan of Nightmare Fiction.
Memory of Tears is rather good.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 11:46   Link #824
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Wow, thank you very much! \o/

Hazama's theme is epic. Can't wait to play with him...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 22:52   Link #825
Tokkan

Endless Despair - Boss Fight Theme
Old 2009-12-04, 02:15   Link #826
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

After listening songs for a few times:

Condemnation Wings>Nightmare Fiction>Gluttony Fangs>Endless Despair>Memory of Tears.

They're all really quite good, but some are definitely weaker than others. IMO.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 14:57   Link #827
Iromaru

Is it true that Rachel turned into one of the weakest characters? If it is I won't even consider buying CS...
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 16:38   Link #828
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Is it true that Rachel turned into one of the weakest characters? If it is I won't even consider buying CS...
Pretty much, yes.

Also, love the new tracks. Think my favourites order would be:
Condemnation > Endless > Gluttony > Nightmare > Memory.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 19:01   Link #829
Tokkan

Quote:
... You wouldn't even consider changing mains? Wow, talk about overzealous.
Old 2009-12-05, 19:48   Link #830
Iromaru

Quote:
That's not it at all. Now that I know all the rumours are true I think ARC just failed tremendously with what they did witch Rachel. Many people worked hard to main her and learn all the tricks, and while she was top tier she wasn't easy to master at all. And also many good Rachel players are saying she's not only bottom tier but almost unplayable now. To make a character that was in top 3 (and possibly the best one) bottom tier is just stupid. Especially since Rachel being so strong is explained in the story.

She's also my favorite BB character by far so I'm really pissed at ARC. Seriously this is their biggest fail I can think of, ever.
Old 2009-12-05, 19:51   Link #831
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, Rachel was by far the hardest of the top three to learn in CT. it kinda sucks that they essentially destroyed her for CS. Strangely, there haven't been many videos of Lambda either, which concerns me.

and about not buying CS, the thought honestly crossed my mind because i'm not a fan of the new mechanics of the game. simply put, the guard system they have in this sucks. some people call it an improvement, but i call it a turtle promoting system. i saw more time outs in the first day of CS than i did the whole time i've been playing CT.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-12-05, 20:56   Link #832
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Strangely, there haven't been many videos of Lambda either, which concerns me.
Because the videos only consist of tournament play, and most tourney players have stuck to their old mains. To be fair, most Lambda fights I've seen end in her favour. The few people who mixed it up are either tier whores or people trying out the new characters. Currently the speculative tier estimations place Bang, Litchi and Ragna as top tier in CS.

About the guard system, germanturkey you're the only person I've seen complain about it. Most people I see (including people who have played the game) have praised it as being better than the old one.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:01   Link #833
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
I won't, though I'll try to learn a new sub.
I play the characters for who they are, not for which tier they are in .

From what I heard, she's weaker by a huge amount, but nowhere near unplayable, though.
Old 2009-12-06, 00:52   Link #834
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i heard it was an improvement over the old system too, but i still don't think its that much better because some characters have almost no ability to guard break. the two bar system of GGx2 is the way to go.

but my main thing is i still think lower damage + new guard system = games that last too long. like i actually had an discussion with a guy from DL saying that playing defensively is the proper way to play the game. my beef with that was the whole freaking point of fighting games is to beat the other guy. no one wants to watch 99 seconds of blocking to victory.

Old 2009-12-06, 00:55   Link #835
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
She's also my favorite BB character by far so I'm really pissed at ARC. Seriously this is their biggest fail I can think of, ever.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm worried about how Rachel is going to turn out because she is my favorite character and the one I main. While I can't make an actual judgment until I play for myself I'm getting a little put off by this game, not just for what they did to Rachel, but also what they've done to some of the gameplay mechanics as well. However I'm still leaning towards buying it for the new characters and such, I just will have to deal with being upset about Rachel and just play her on the first one more often than the second, that should keep me satisfied.
Old 2009-12-06, 01:50   Link #836
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sounds like she's not someone you'd want to bring into the match that winning is your goal.
Suck, I know.
Old 2009-12-06, 03:17   Link #837
Westlo
Lets be reality

2 weeks is seriously too quick to place any judgment on tier placings atm. Rachael could easily climb back into mid tier once she gets figured out. Akuma in SF4 for example was considered mid tier a long time and is now considered to be top tier just below Sagat due to his mixup options on wakeup which are so good it's coined the name "Vortex". C Viper is another character who went from mid to top tier once she got figured out.. and Bison/Dictator was considered top tier at first is now mid.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 03:31   Link #838
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'd be good if thing will turn out as what we're hoping. Of course I also take into the account that previous great Rachel player still haven't adjust their playstyle with the change, and still haven't figured out what's good, but day after day I keep hearing negative news that saddens me.

Still, it will be a long time until I can get to play BB:CS, so it's no use to get discouraged by those news yet.
Old 2009-12-06, 04:07   Link #839
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
but my main thing is i still think lower damage + new guard system = games that last too long.
Same here. GG and BB were my favorite fighting games because their playstyle was increadibly fast and action packed compared to other fighting games. Now it seems more like a mainstream fighting games, and I don't like that at all. Street Fighter or Tekken fans may like that, but I doubt old GG fans do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
2 weeks is seriously too quick to place any judgment on tier placings atm. Rachael could easily climb back into mid tier once she gets figured out. Akuma in SF4 for example was considered mid tier a long time and is now considered to be top tier just below Sagat due to his mixup options on wakeup which are so good it's coined the name "Vortex". C Viper is another character who went from mid to top tier once she got figured out.. and Bison/Dictator was considered top tier at first is now mid.
I'm hoping for that, I really do. But all of the best Rachel players I respected say she's been nerfed to the ground, with no hopes of improvement. And looking at the changes myself it seems like she's been turned into a zoning character that can't zone at all...
Old 2009-12-06, 04:53   Link #840
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Same here. GG and BB were my favorite fighting games because their playstyle was increadibly fast and action packed compared to other fighting games. Now it seems more like a mainstream fighting games, and I don't like that at all. Street Fighter or Tekken fans may like that, but I doubt old GG fans do.
GG and BB aren't that similar in the beginning anyway, and as far as I know, not many GG fans like BB.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360