AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 07:54   Link #841
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
GG and BB aren't that similar in the beginning anyway, and as far as I know, not many GG fans like BB.
Well all I know do, including myself.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:06   Link #842
Westlo
Lets be reality

Actually played Blazblu on PSN for the first time in ages going from level 23 to 26, might put some work into my scrubby Nu and Noel. Anyway what's the rough tier lists for CS atm?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:24   Link #843
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
All I know is Rachel in the bottom right now. There aren't that large gap between everyone, though. Hakumen and Tager just rise on the list tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Well all I know do, including myself.
If you see the hate for BB on the GG board....
Old 2009-12-06, 11:55   Link #844
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
If you see the hate for BB on the GG board....
I wonder if it has anything to do with BlazBlue halting any future Guilty Gear games coming out sooner. Honestly I'd take Guilty Gear over BlazBlue anyday, but there are plenty of Guilty Gear games I can enjoy so no worries about a new one at the moment.
Old 2009-12-06, 12:15   Link #845
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I wonder if it has anything to do with BlazBlue halting any future Guilty Gear games coming out sooner. Honestly I'd take Guilty Gear over BlazBlue anyday, but there are plenty of Guilty Gear games I can enjoy so no worries about a new one at the moment.
Didn't they say they won't make any GG game, and let different team worry about that? I don't think that's the reason, though.

And to be honest, the reason I didn't enjoy GG is because there are no character that interests me.
Old 2009-12-06, 12:39   Link #846
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Didn't they say they won't make any GG game, and let different team worry about that? I don't think that's the reason, though.

And to be honest, the reason I didn't enjoy GG is because there are no character that interests me.
No character that interests you, how can this be possible. Just kidding. As for me I love just about all the characters in Guilty Gear, (it is my favorite game series) the best being May. She is no dought my favorite videogame character of all time.

About them not making any new Guilty Gear games I don't remember reading anything about that. Here is a recent interview...

"With all this talk of BlazBlue and its future we wonder what fate lies in store for Guilty Gear, especially in light of reports that complications with the licence have ensured that ARC won't be able to work on any future games on the series. "We don't have any issue with [licence holder] SEGA." Kidooka assures us, "This year and next year we want to focus on BlazBlue – this is our mission, and we'll maintain Guilty Gear while we're doing that, so we're not abandoning it. Being a small company – less than 100 – and with the arcade market being quite small, it's not feasible to do two games at once."
Old 2009-12-06, 15:14   Link #847
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

yeah, i hear on DL that a lot of GG players don't like BB because it did delay a future GG game, but when its essentially another team that's making it with another team leader, they could very well be making another GG game we don't know about yet.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 15:20   Link #848
Kuroshinobu

Is Continuum supposed to be disc based or DLC when it comes out?
Old 2009-12-06, 15:37   Link #849
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

^^ people are assuming its a full disk release.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 16:00   Link #850
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Anyway what's the rough tier lists for CS atm?
Dustloop forum always have the most recent tier list along with a big thread about it, it's the best place to check that. The general consensus right now is that Litchi, Ragna, Bang and maybe Tao are top tier while Rachel, Noel and Tsubaki are the bottom. Rest seems to be balanced pretty well. What worries me is the fact that top tier characters seems to have almost as big of an advantage over the rest as in CT, while bottom characters (especially Rachel) seems to be just as bad Tager was, if not more.

The game is out just for around two weeks so hopefully this will change, but right now it seems SC balance in just a little (if any) better than CT. Just than now my favorite characters are bottom tier...

I really hope for some changes in console version, or balance patch. But it's very unlikely.
Old 2009-12-06, 18:35   Link #851
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
Is Continuum supposed to be disc based or DLC when it comes out?
There's no word to support either. Nothing more than assumptions and idle speculation at this point, we'll just have to see. Personally I'm expecting a lower priced retail release, ala the new version of SF4, but no one knows.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 19:17   Link #852
Echoes

Quote:
Honestly I'd take Guilty Gear over BlazBlue anyday, but there are plenty of Guilty Gear games I can enjoy so no worries about a new one at the moment.
I agree completely. Though an AC release with netplay would be just amazing...

Quote:
No character that interests you, how can this be possible. Just kidding. As for me I love just about all the characters in Guilty Gear, (it is my favorite game series)"
Word. It has the best lineup of any fighter I've any seen, hands down, and ranks as one of the best games in terms of characters I've ever played. I love Millia personally, but May is certainly not without her charm, (I don't think any of the characters are). She's hilarious in the Drama CD. Interesting interview excerpt. For some reason I was also under the impression that they were done with the series.

I've never met anyone who was a fan of Guilty Gear who thought Blazblue was better or a replacement, but my circle of friends is pretty split about whether it's a good game in its own right. I think it is, but some of them won't even play it with me because they got bored with the game in mere weeks.

I'm looking forward to CS, can't wait to dig into the revamped Nu!
Old 2009-12-06, 22:12   Link #853
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Dustloop forum always have the most recent tier list along with a big thread about it, it's the best place to check that. The general consensus right now is that Litchi, Ragna, Bang and maybe Tao are top tier while Rachel, Noel and Tsubaki are the bottom. Rest seems to be balanced pretty well. What worries me is the fact that top tier characters seems to have almost as big of an advantage over the rest as in CT, while bottom characters (especially Rachel) seems to be just as bad Tager was, if not more.
Tsubaki is bottom? O_o
I remember hearing people who played her thought her as another pretty good rush down character, and a lot of people left Rachel for her. I may tried her as my sub when the time come, but I still waiting for anything better from Rachel.
Old 2009-12-06, 22:34   Link #854
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Tsubaki's bottom tier because she can't do decent damage unless she's charged her install guage to at least level 2, so unless you're lazy and slow it's easy for you to win against her.
Old 2009-12-06, 23:04   Link #855
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I agree completely. Though an AC release with netplay would be just amazing...

Got that right. Fingers crossed for such an announcement.
Old 2009-12-06, 23:36   Link #856
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Tsubaki's bottom tier because she can't do decent damage unless she's charged her install guage to at least level 2, so unless you're lazy and slow it's easy for you to win against her.
So, a kind of good character with early handicap, huh? Now that sparks my interest in her more. [edit]Forgot that her D special also uses up a charge. I should do more researching about her.

Btw, did they ever change any gameplay balancing after releasing a game since the first GG? I wonder is it possible to patch the arcade?

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-12-06 at 23:49.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:27   Link #857
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I've never met anyone who was a fan of Guilty Gear who thought Blazblue was better or a replacement, but my circle of friends is pretty split about whether it's a good game in its own right.
No argument about GG being better. It's a lot more polished and have a LOT more characters with better overall balance. But BB is a new game and it may surpass GG in the future. At least it have potential for that.

And also I like BB characters a lot, to be honest I like Rachel and Noel more than my fav GG characters. It's just great they became bottom tier in CS...
Old 2009-12-07, 01:55   Link #858
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Noel is only barely bottom tier, though. She's still viable, it's just a lot of her old combos and options were taken out and the new stuff they added for her are unsafe, she could easily jump right back up if people got used to her new playstyle though. Rachel however is worse than CT Tager.
Old 2009-12-07, 04:24   Link #859
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Rachel is still playable, at least there are still something left for her
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9012790

It's just the pole usage is so crucial now that she has to depend on it a lot. And the wind recovery time is not funny either.
Old 2009-12-07, 06:00   Link #860
Iromaru

I'll be laughing my ass off if somebody discover a bug or broken and completely annoying way to play her and she'll become top tier again. This whole Rachel UFO until time out thing may be the only way to play her competitively now. But it's hell boring and stupid.

Anyways I heard there was some kind of revision in GG arcades after Arc screwed up in the past once. GG XX Blue and Red versions or something like that. After this epic failure with Rachel maybe they will decide to do it again.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360