AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-10, 23:40   Link #1321
Strife212
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK
Gameplay aside, I really like the story and asthetics of BlazBlue. It's a shame it's not more fleshed out, a well done anime could be amazing.
__________________
Strife212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 00:56   Link #1322
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so playing other characters with my friends who had never played the game before, Tager and Hakumen are pretty kickass to play. Hakumen especially.
Early warning, Hakumen/tager seems good at first, but they are the lowest tier characters in the game for a reason.

Don't let the dissuade you though, they both kick ass.

Not to mention they both get significant buffs in Continuum Shift (Hakumen especially)
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 08:52   Link #1323
leodamine
Divine Akuma
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
god I hate tiers. It makes people not wanna use their mains cuz they find out they're low on the list, or it makes for elitists who think that using a top tier character makes you a scrub. I was called a faggot because I wanted to learn Litchi, cuz she's "top tier." I'm still gonna use her, but that kind of elitism is annoying.
__________________
I wish I had a cool quote to put here
leodamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:56   Link #1324
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
god I hate tiers. It makes people not wanna use their mains cuz they find out they're low on the list, or it makes for elitists who think that using a top tier character makes you a scrub.
If by elitists, you mean "tourneyfags", it is quite the contrary. For them, a player who refuses to use a high tier is a scrub, even more when "fun" is used as justification for not using top tiers. That's the kind of speech you get from famous tourney goers like Viscant or Majestros (sp?).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 10:23   Link #1325
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
For them, a player who refuses to use a high tier is a scrub, even more when "fun" is used as justification for not using top tiers.
Oh hey, that's me they are talking about. I don't like using top tier character because, well, they are top tier and I just want to have fun . Don't really like bottom tier character unless they are interesting.

Rachel was, and will be a whole different case.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 10:38   Link #1326
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
If by elitists, you mean "tourneyfags", it is quite the contrary. For them, a player who refuses to use a high tier is a scrub, even more when "fun" is used as justification for not using top tiers. That's the kind of speech you get from famous tourney goers like Viscant or Majestros (sp?).
Pick a top tier!



Best MvC2 player in America atm and arguably second best SFIV player behind Justin Wong.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 13:24   Link #1327
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
If by elitists, you mean "tourneyfags", it is quite the contrary. For them, a player who refuses to use a high tier is a scrub, even more when "fun" is used as justification for not using top tiers. That's the kind of speech you get from famous tourney goers like Viscant or Majestros (sp?).
What? I go to tournaments (and also help organize them) and honestly I've yet to witness what you just described. You shouldn't generalize like that.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 13:55   Link #1328
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
What? I go to tournaments (and also help organize them) and honestly I've yet to witness what you just described. You shouldn't generalize like that.
Well, their reasoning is that, by not picking top tiers you are holding yourself back from learning stuff in the game. Alos, by playing the top tiers, you are also learning how to beat them, or how to increase the odds of your main in your favor.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 16:07   Link #1329
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
That doesn't make much sense. If their reasoning was like that then how come last year Tougeki SBO for Guilty Gear had a finalist team made of three low tier characters? :P

Learning the game and its mechanics and mastering it isn't in any way related to the character's tier placement.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 19:12   Link #1330
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
i believe Hakumen is about average in the current CS tier list. Tager still blows though. i doubt he'll suddenly become good after the console rebalance.

if you actively seek out high tier characters to play, then you're a tier whore. if you play a character because you like them (like me with Nu) then stick with them in further revisions, you can't be considered a tier whore.

anywho, i'm dying to see Bang nerfed down so Dora can't be such a little bitch any more. apparently the guy plays like an asshole and is one in real life too.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 19:25   Link #1331
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hakumen is actually at the top of mid tier in CS (only inferior to Litchi, Bang and Ragna, the top 3 in CS). Tager is mid tier (as opposed to bottom) in CS, but he is the bottom of mid tier.

I play Hakumen in CT, and enjoy his style a lot, so I'm glad he will be more well balanced in CS. I fear good Tager players though.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 19:26   Link #1332
leodamine
Divine Akuma
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I've wanted to main Litchi since I got the game, but not being able to pull off any of her combos made me drop her ;_;

Btw the timing on those combos are a bit tough. Anyone got any tips for a new litchi user?
__________________
I wish I had a cool quote to put here
leodamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 20:40   Link #1333
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
Tager is hardly mid tier. he's still low tier above of Rachel's shit tier.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 22:28   Link #1334
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
anywho, i'm dying to see Bang nerfed down so Dora can't be such a little bitch any more. apparently the guy plays like an asshole and is one in real life too.
I don't know about his personality IRL but as a player I like him. He was pretty badass at last year's SBO when he managed top 8 and defeated a couple of Nus (before losing to an other one, heh). That's quite an achievement considering how poor Bang is in CT in a lot of matchups.

And I doubt they're going to rebalance the game a whole lot. Tweaking Bang won't be easy because he doesn't really deal a whole lot of damage and his strenght comes from the fact that he can pressure flawlessly without taking many risks and has a godlike mixup game especially on the opponent's wakeup. Either they change some of the moves chaining properties (like 2A or 5A, or his 5C overhead) but it's really tough to tweak him without turning him into CT Bang again.

Litchi is the one who needs the biggest nerfs, imo. She's just plain ridiculous on how easily she can combo off any random hit with 4k damage, corner setup and free meter for her super on the opponent's wakeup. She can rushdown, zone, poke however she wants whenever she wants. She badly needs a nerf on her moves proration and untechable time, and maybe a tweak on some moves' chaining properties. She doesn't need such an insane abare game, she already had a pretty good abare in CT they really had no reason to furtherly improve it...
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 22:37   Link #1335
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
What is awesome about Dora is that he has a personality like Bruce Lee, he shows off and has the stuff to show.

His fights are entertaining to watch and you can't tell if he's actually fooling around or fighting seriously, he is someone who actually has fun in tournaments.

He even cosplays as Bang when he plays, and he looks really cool and manly doing that.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 22:52   Link #1336
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Tager is hardly mid tier. he's still low tier above of Rachel's shit tier.
Not according to the Dustloop forums' chart.

Even if you consider him low-tier, his game is way better in CS then it was in CT. His worse match-up was 20/80, and now his worst is 35/65, and that is a pretty huge leap in balance.

Is he still disadvantaged in most matchups? yes
Has he had significant improvement in CS compared to CT? yes

Hell, technically Rachel in CS (shit tier as you say) is still better of then Tager was in CT, as none of her match-ups are worse then 35/65.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 22:53   Link #1337
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
He even cosplays as Bang when he plays, and he looks really cool and manly doing that.
I don't know whether to place that as undying devotion for his character or his skill has gone to his head and he actually thinks he's the character Bang himself.

Ah well, it's undeniable that Bang is manly, so I can understand why guys would want to be him.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 23:19   Link #1338
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Not according to the Dustloop forums' chart.
You mean this one?
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 01:41   Link #1339
Soconfused
Old God Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: you....don't wanna know
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
If by elitists, you mean "tourneyfags", it is quite the contrary. For them, a player who refuses to use a high tier is a scrub, even more when "fun" is used as justification for not using top tiers. That's the kind of speech you get from famous tourney goers like Viscant or Majestros (sp?).
did "tourneyfag" come from the smash community or something? I've honestly never heard anyone I know or affiliated with use that term. I've also never met anyone who looks down on you because you use a low tier. If they were really a "tourneyfag" wouldn't they WANT you using low tiers so you'd just be one more free player to blow through/fatten the pot of said tournament? It doesn't really make sense.
__________________
What exactly is the point of becoming powerful if one cannot indulge the hedonistic opportunities that come with it?
Soconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 03:53   Link #1340
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
If I was fighting a lower tier, then that would be because I was fighting a lower tier.

I wouldn't be winning because of my skill or capability with a character, I'd be winning because the character i'm beating the shit out of is too weak. That would make me a fag, and it would leave a bad mark on my pride.

It makes no sense to me either. Even though I consider a win a win, regardless... I don't think a one-sided fight is good for anyone.

Quote:
I don't know whether to place that as undying devotion for his character or his skill has gone to his head and he actually thinks he's the character Bang himself.
I really regret cutting my hair, I could so dye it and pull off a Haku-men... albeit, less muscle. Besides, I'd need a cosplay of Haku-men in order to. So far, no such luck. But cosplaying as Bang? That takes guts. So many people like beating up Bang

Myself included, of course. It was a daily thing until my xbox broke
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.