AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-17, 10:50   Link #1421
RisArk

Sorry to bring this up again, but the standard at console tournies is the host having a max save and sharing it with everyone else. That's how it's been done with Smash Bros. (The best example of unlockables) and many others.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 13:46   Link #1422
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
Sorry to bring this up again, but the standard at console tournies is the host having a max save and sharing it with everyone else. That's how it's been done with Smash Bros. (The best example of unlockables) and many others.
Hmm.....I heard PS3 has a lot of trouble sharing save game between each other, though.
Old 2010-06-17, 20:34   Link #1423
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hmm.....I heard PS3 has a lot of trouble sharing save game between each other, though.
That is true, it's not like Wii or 360 where you can swap things easily. So I understand that, but the ability to do it at all is a totally different matter. Wanting to or not isn't the problem, it's just easy and YOUR fault to not do it.
Old 2010-06-18, 08:32   Link #1424
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime View Post
That is true, it's not like Wii or 360 where you can swap things easily. So I understand that, but the ability to do it at all is a totally different matter. Wanting to or not isn't the problem, it's just easy and YOUR fault to not do it.
You missed my point entirely.

Majority of people can't be fucked unlocking Seth/Gouken, due to not wanting to, not knowing how to or just not caring at all like in my case.

That already cuts down the amount of numbers these characters will have online, and it's not like these characters would be popular in the first place.

Because of a lack of them people are unfamiliar with the matchup, even an easily unlocked character like Fei Long has caused trouble. At the recent East Coast Throwdown 2 a Fei Long (Inthul) finished 3rd and took out arguably the #2 player in the states in Sanford/Santhrax (last years Marvel Vs Capcom champion @ Evo) as well as Arturo/Sabin who's arguably top ten. The only Fei Long Sanford has played before is Justin Wong's (when he was training it to unleash it against Daigo @ Season's Beating 4) and he clearly doesn't know the matchup, he had no idea that Rekka's weren't safe on block.

That's why I said the pseudo ban that was in place for a little while was more because of lacking matchup knowledge than those characters actual ability/tier placement. Oh and I've happened to play my countries best Gouken (before he switched to Akuma) and Seth online quite a bit. I know the matchup well enough.. yet I still have a 0% win rate against Seth in ranked with my Ken with over 600 ranked matches played... because the only Seth I've run into in ranked is that player.

Ban didn't last as people quickly relised it was moronic, even though Justin Wong wanted Seth banned at one point. I think MLG was going to run SFIV with Seth & Gouken banned though.

Mu-12 shouldn't be a problem for tournies unless they want to remain arcade pure, which means you'll have to wait for the revision to hit arcades.. or Mu is actually overpowered and banned like SF2T Akuma.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-06-18 at 08:50.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 16:35   Link #1425
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Just a little amusing video featuring the seiyuus of Tsubaki (Asami Imai) and Noel (Kanako Kondou) having a go at the console version of Continuum Shift with arcade sticks.~

As one might've expected they're not exactly skilled at the game, but it good to see how much fun they're having regardless.~

For the first two matches they play as their respective characters Tsubaki and Noel and Kondou manages to win both. For their third match Imai chooses Tager and Kondou chooses Bang and Imai wins 2 to 1.
Old 2010-06-18, 22:52   Link #1426
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Achievements for CS in English, courtesy of a French website.
Old 2010-06-19, 19:06   Link #1427
leodamine
Divine Akuma

jesus, it sounds like they're gonna break those sticks. *smash smash smash smash*

I wonder what it's like to hear your own voice when playing a game. Must be strange.

Last edited by leodamine; 2010-06-19 at 19:07. Reason: forgot to add something
leodamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 09:00   Link #1428
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Just a little amusing video featuring the seiyuus of Tsubaki (Asami Imai) and Noel (Kanako Kondou) having a go at the console version of Continuum Shift with arcade sticks.~

As one might've expected they're not exactly skilled at the game, but it good to see how much fun they're having regardless.~

For the first two matches they play as their respective characters Tsubaki and Noel and Kondou manages to win both. For their third match Imai chooses Tager and Kondou chooses Bang and Imai wins 2 to 1.
It's so fun to see some people can still enjoy the games like that. It reminds me of where I and my friend used to play like that. We laughed a lot when one of us win with only a thin line of hp left, just like in that video lol

Nowadays, we're always so serious with this stuff, so sometimes it's not fun anymore

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 03:16   Link #1429
Tokkan

Continuum Shift will have DLC characters. Currently planned DLC characters include Makoto, who uses tonfas as weapons, and Nu (that Nu, not Lambda).

http://i46.tinypic.com/5ovwbo.jpg
Old 2010-06-23, 03:29   Link #1430
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Ho-lee crap. This ups the roster to 17 characters now.

And Nu fans everywhere rejoiced. I thought they'd just make her a Lambda alternate color. Though what I'd like to know is how they'll change her to differ from Lambda or her CT self. Every character should have some uniqueness to them.

And if they're doing DLC characters I wonder if this must mean BlazBlue 3 isn't coming for a while, or maybe ever.
Old 2010-06-23, 03:32   Link #1431
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And if they're doing DLC characters I wonder if this must mean BlazBlue 3 isn't coming for a while, or maybe ever.
Most likely the former and the DLC characters are just a testbed for new character concepts they'd like to put into the 3rd installment.

I'm expecting 2 more DLC characters. Because now we know what the EU trailer was referring to when it said "7 new characters".
Old 2010-06-23, 03:41   Link #1432
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Brilliant. Both Makoto and Nu?

Makes my day.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 03:59   Link #1433
Tokkan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dyZXeLnbY - Challenge Mode Footage posted by ZenUnited (European publisher). Includes English voices, though you can barely hear them under the awesome Endless Despair cover.

Edit: Turns out Nu isn't confirmed to be playable, it's just been confirmed that she appears in the game. Makoto is still a DLC character, released for Japanese audiences come August 5th. Other DLC options apparently include alternate announcers.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-06-23 at 04:23.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 05:17   Link #1434
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Hmm....I wonder how they will handle game between people who have DLC and who don't. I guess she won't be tourney legit, right?
Old 2010-06-23, 05:34   Link #1435
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hmm....I wonder how they will handle game between people who have DLC and who don't.
Easily fixed, DLC characters are either already on the disc or are included in patches and the actual thing that downloads when they're purchased is a 128kb file that just unlocks the character for use in game. Same way they handled DLC colours and the other Unlimiteds, except the infrastructure has been expanded to allow for larger more game changing stuff. Hell, it's the same way SFIV handles alternate costumes.
Old 2010-06-23, 06:26   Link #1436
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Continuum Shift will have DLC characters. Currently planned DLC characters include Makoto, who uses tonfas as weapons, and Nu (that Nu, not Lambda).

http://i46.tinypic.com/5ovwbo.jpg
Yay! Makoto made it in! I was hoping this would happen. =D

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 08:02   Link #1437
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Makoto looks like she's dressed for success lololol.

Anyways, now that Makoto's getting in I can say that this is definitely worth the money. I really can't wait to see her playstyle.

Last edited by leodamine; 2010-06-23 at 08:28.
leodamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 09:50   Link #1438
leodamine
Divine Akuma

got this off dustloop, but here's a picture of makoto vs noel.

I wonder how people are gonna play this game one handed. Considering one will always be on their....
Old 2010-06-23, 09:55   Link #1439
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Beginner mode, here I go!
No wait, why don't just wait for the doujinshi instead....

I'm gonna put her in my sub slot. My main is still, and will be, Rachel, of course .
Old 2010-06-23, 10:27   Link #1440
Tokkan

http://twitter.com/zatuyoP/status/16857112302 Mori tweets about Makoto.

Her drive is called "Impact".

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360