AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-23, 10:33   Link #1441
ZeroForever

hmm tonfa... kinda saw it coming as it's a unique weapon of moderate popularity.
Old 2010-06-23, 10:57   Link #1442
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Apparently her drive, "Impact," is a finishing move she can use to end her combos and its damage scales with the length of the combo (the longer the combo, the higher the damage). Not confirmed, though.

Oh, Zen United posted a press release on Makoto. She'll be available Day 1 for Europeans when CS hits Europe in October. Also, her DLC pack also includes Tutorials, Challenges, an unlimited version and new Trophies/Achievements. People who play online using her will still be able to play with people who've yet to purchase her too.

This image was included with the press release.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-06-23 at 11:48.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 11:16   Link #1443
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Continuum Shift will have DLC characters. Currently planned DLC characters include Makoto, who uses tonfas as weapons, and Nu (that Nu, not Lambda).

http://i46.tinypic.com/5ovwbo.jpg
aww... kokonoe is not included? this plan isn't finalized yet, right? if so, i'll wait for further announcement.

Quote:
Apparently her drive, "Impact," is a finishing move she can use to end her combos and its damage scales with the length of the combo (the longer the combo, the higher the damage). Not confirmed, though.

Oh, Zen United posted a press release on Makoto. Apparently she'll be available Day 1 for Europeans when CS hits Europe in October. Also, her DLC pack also includes Tutorials, Challenges, an unlimited version and new Trophies/Achievements.

This image was included with the press release.
about makoto's drive "Impact", does it have the same effect as holy order sol's dragon install from GG?

Last edited by Edge Meltdown; 2010-06-23 at 11:23. Reason: I don't want to double post XD
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 11:56   Link #1444
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Sounds lovely.
Old 2010-06-23, 12:34   Link #1445
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You missed my point entirely.

Majority of people can't be fucked unlocking Seth/Gouken, due to not wanting to, not knowing how to or just not caring at all like in my case.

That already cuts down the amount of numbers these characters will have online, and it's not like these characters would be popular in the first place.

Because of a lack of them people are unfamiliar with the matchup, even an easily unlocked character like Fei Long has caused trouble. At the recent East Coast Throwdown 2 a Fei Long (Inthul) finished 3rd and took out arguably the #2 player in the states in Sanford/Santhrax (last years Marvel Vs Capcom champion @ Evo) as well as Arturo/Sabin who's arguably top ten. The only Fei Long Sanford has played before is Justin Wong's (when he was training it to unleash it against Daigo @ Season's Beating 4) and he clearly doesn't know the matchup, he had no idea that Rekka's weren't safe on block.

That's why I said the pseudo ban that was in place for a little while was more because of lacking matchup knowledge than those characters actual ability/tier placement. Oh and I've happened to play my countries best Gouken (before he switched to Akuma) and Seth online quite a bit. I know the matchup well enough.. yet I still have a 0% win rate against Seth in ranked with my Ken with over 600 ranked matches played... because the only Seth I've run into in ranked is that player.

Ban didn't last as people quickly relised it was moronic, even though Justin Wong wanted Seth banned at one point. I think MLG was going to run SFIV with Seth & Gouken banned though.

Mu-12 shouldn't be a problem for tournies unless they want to remain arcade pure, which means you'll have to wait for the revision to hit arcades.. or Mu is actually overpowered and banned like SF2T Akuma.
No you seemed to miss my point, All those reasons given for not having these characters is NOT A REASON AT ALL, if you don't take the time to do it, for whatever reason, than it's YOUR fault for any outcome you have personally against them and like the said tournament that didn't have unlocked characters. There is NO excuse to not go through and just unlock shit, it's easy as shit and takes no real time what so ever. You can do all but Seth in a single setting while waiting for dinner to cook or anything, and then Seth is easy once you have the rest.

Peoples lack of experience against these characters is only more reason to have unlocked them to begin with overall, that and most people DON'T play them but whatever.

All this being said, it is really the tournament staffs fault, they need to make sure equipment with all the necessary data before getting started. Whether it's doing it themselves or just calling to make sure it is.

Any character can't be said to be banned to people play them to see why they should be, whether it's Mu-12 or not.

I Can't wait to see what Makoto is like, i want to play her so bad, and stare at her ass the entire time as well. I Finally though Nu was GONE, screw Aksys for putting her back.
Old 2010-06-23, 13:40   Link #1446
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Just checked dustloop. Apparently Makoto's isn't the only DLC character. EVERYONE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR JUBEI!
Old 2010-06-23, 15:41   Link #1447
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i hate paying extra for dlc characters
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 15:50   Link #1448
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i hate paying extra for dlc characters
You don't have to pay if you don't want it.
C'mon, we're getting the whole new character, not just some costume or the like, and people still complain? =/

Anyway, more screen of Makoto
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...ed_Makoto1.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...ed_makoto2.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...ed_makoto4.jpg
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...ed_makoto5.jpg

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2010-06-23 at 16:04.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 16:23   Link #1449
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You don't have to pay if you don't want it.
C'mon, we're getting the whole new character, not just some costume or the like, and people still complain? =/
You should see the hate on gamefaqs. What a bunch of idiots, complaining about women in fighting games. They're playing the wrong game if they want muscular men to dominate the roster.

Anyways, nice pictures. I'm extremely excited for this game now. I was sure I was gonna get it before, but now it's a guaranteed buy.
Old 2010-06-23, 16:55   Link #1450
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

Makoto, cool!

If they ever do a PSP version of CS, I'd hope she'd be included on the roster from the outset.
Old 2010-06-23, 17:42   Link #1451
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

dumb. dlc characters are stupid. i'd rather wait a bit more and have them include it in the game. it also seems she has another meter of her own. i'm not a fan of that stuff.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 18:04   Link #1452
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Meh, I'll glady pay for anything that can make a game more long-lasting and diverse to play. So I'm more than welcome to the idea of the DLC characters.

Quote:
You should see the hate on gamefaqs. What a bunch of idiots, complaining about women in fighting games. They're playing the wrong game if they want muscular men to dominate the roster.
While I do agree it shouldn't matter whether women are in a fighting game or not, there should at least be a sensible ratio of men to women. Men are more prone to use violence, so realisticlly, there should be a slightly larger amount of male characters.

Quote:
If they ever do a PSP version of CS, I'd hope she'd be included on the roster from the outset.
Eh I wouldn't be so sure. While I s'pose they could do it to make up for the fact that PSP owners had to wait a while longer, Playstation Network is now accessible on the PSP, so they could very well make her DLC on that version too.
Old 2010-06-23, 18:17   Link #1453
leodamine
Divine Akuma

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685

We now have information from the source. She is not disk based and neither will the future DLC characters. The possibilities are endless!

anyways, personally, I really don't see the problem with an imbalance of men and women in a video game. I don't wanna fa- *cough* stare at a bunch of muscular men the whole time!
Old 2010-06-23, 19:34   Link #1454
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
While I do agree it shouldn't matter whether women are in a fighting game or not, there should at least be a sensible ratio of men to women. Men are more prone to use violence, so realisticlly, there should be a slightly larger amount of male characters.
I don't see what this 'sensible ratio' and realism has to do with anything in a fantasy game like this or any sort of unrealisitic fiction in general. It sounds to me like the people over at GameFAQs are mad that they're not the people the game is trying to appeal to with the female characters. That, or it's just the members of GameFAQs being parrots between each other, like always.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 20:17   Link #1455
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Nice to see Makoto in. Looks like I'll add her in my roster with Tsubaki, Noel and Ragna. Can't wait.
Old 2010-06-23, 20:23   Link #1456
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I don't see what this 'sensible ratio' and realism has to do with anything in a fantasy game like this or any sort of unrealisitic fiction in general. It sounds to me like the people over at GameFAQs are mad that they're not the people the game is trying to appeal to with the female characters. That, or it's just the members of GameFAQs being parrots between each other, like always.
I was speaking for myself. Not the people of GameFAQ's. I realize most of the people there are utter nitwits.

And while you're correct I shouldn't bring realism into unrealistic fiction, BlazBlue's setting takes place on Earth approximately 200 years from now, not some alternate dimension or another planet. I expect to see SOME realism in this series if this is the case.
Old 2010-06-23, 22:06   Link #1457
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.
So...I can't play Makoto with someone who haven't downloaded it yet ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 22:24   Link #1458
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Well that's usually the case with all DLC yes. But what they're implying here is that this DLC ISN'T already on the disc, which if the were, they would be unlocked by purchasing an unlock code. Hackers could get into the game and unlock the characters without paying if the DLC was on the disc.
Old 2010-06-23, 22:42   Link #1459
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Quote:
There will be an automatic patch when the DLC launches which will allow you to play against her, but not as her.
Not quite. You will be able to play against her.
Old 2010-06-23, 23:21   Link #1460
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
dumb. dlc characters are stupid. i'd rather wait a bit more and have them include it in the game. it also seems she has another meter of her own. i'm not a fan of that stuff.
I don't even know where should I start with this.
You're not waiting for a bit more, because there isn't only one character that will be included. I don't know what with the dlc hate. People keep thinking it's the way developer extort our money, but refuse to think it's the way to keep the game developed.
And you hate character's specific meter? Why are you even play BB in the first play, honestly?

As I said. If you don't like it, just don't pay for it. They shouldn't be included in the first place, and they give us as extra, so if you fine with the current roster, what's the problem?

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360