AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2008-01-25, 02:37   Link #1
lalala123

New computer can't connect to seed or peers

I am using Utorrent 1.7.5 in a new quad system that i just finished building.

The system uses Raid 0 set up for a hard drive.

I had the same problem with my other computer when I upgraded to the .6 but it was fixed after I went back the older version.

But my new computer can't seems to connect to peers or seeds regardless of what version of Utorrent I use.

The status is green so the port is forwarded. and I did make sure I set the globe connections allowed to 800 like in all my other computers.

what can be causing the problem?

The same torrent will download over 200Kb/s in my old computer and with the new one it will not download at all. I can only connect t like 2 or 2 peers when there are more then 300 peers.

anybody got any ideas?

thank you
lalala123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 03:15   Link #2
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Remember that peers and seeds can take time to connect. You won't see full speed until maybe 10-15 minutes or more after beginning, but I guess you know that already.

With that in mind, try a few things:
- Check all firewalls and make sure they don't hate uTorrent.
- Try something other than uTorrent like BitComet and Azureus to make sure it's not uTorrent's issue.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 09:13   Link #3
lalala123

I use windows firewall.

it is the same no matter how long I wait. I left the pc on over night and it still only able to connect to 1 or 2 peers or seed if at all.
lalala123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 15:35   Link #4
arcadeplayer987

turn off the windows firewall and watch if is connecting to more peers

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 17:03   Link #5
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala123 View Post
I use windows firewall.

it is the same no matter how long I wait. I left the pc on over night and it still only able to connect to 1 or 2 peers or seed if at all.
Try turning it off...and using something else like Comodo. I know you probably would rather not have something nagging you about whether to block something or not, but Windows Firewall has more of a tendency to block before asking, if at all.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 21:38   Link #6
bigbob_75056
Howdy!!!

all right try doing this i sometimes have a problem with that as well try to right click the file and reset bans and clear peer list in the advance after you right click that works sometimes...also check your preferences make sure you have a good random port and that there is no limit in up/downloads...

also progams as norton or mcaffee must be messed with to allow it go past their firewalls...norton is easy not sure with mcaffee though...

see if that does anything...