AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 30 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 19.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.47%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-27, 14:41   Link #221
sart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Why do people keep saying this, when even a cursorary look at the episode will see how untrue it is? It makes less since than Shinn's claims that Stella was a peaceful, gentle girl even after she razes Berlin to the ground.
I wouldnt say they have a no kill policy. In fact the only one who opposes it would be Neena (says so in her official profile, and no its not killing while laughing. Reading comprehension FTL) although that doesn't mean she wouldn't do it.

Quote:
And I say less, because there is no point where the Thrones specifically aim not to kill as opposed to mrerely missing the cockpit.
Its painfully obvious neena let ali go........
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 14:50   Link #222
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sart View Post
I wouldnt say they have a no kill policy. In fact the only one who opposes it would be Neena (says so in her official profile, and no its not killing while laughing. Reading comprehension FTL) although that doesn't mean she wouldn't do it.
...I admit that I could be wrong on Neena, but was I unclear that I don't think that they have a no-kill policy? Correction about Neena aside, are you agreeing or disagreeing with what I said?

Quote:
Its painfully obvious neena let ali go........
It was painfully obvious that the Thrones mission was to save the Meisters and that Ali took the chance to escape rather than try and confront the new threat...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 14:57   Link #223
musicalcroc

Episode summary: Throne Domination. The Thrones' insane strength makes the current Meisters look bad while it doesn't say anything about the Trinity siblings' piloting skill. Looks like CB focus more on technology. Of course it is said somewhere that the Throne Meisters are genetically modified.
The Observers seem to be more of financiers than the people who directly run CB. The Thrones are apparently new to them, with the possible exception of that pony tail guy (forgot his name). Judging by their comments, the prospect isn't good for our 4 protagonists.
More and more mysteries.
The Thrones with their superiority seem to be a bit too sudden to me. Look forward to seeing how the plot explains their existence.
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 15:11   Link #224
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The really important thing is even before this point.
She could have killed him with her first shot, at the time he wasn't yet aware of her presence, but she decided not to do so.
Correct me if I'm wrong but those BEAM shots ran right through the MA and the Enact(The suit itself not the MA) was right ABOVE Exia.

Eitherway, there's nothing that states that they have a no kill policy.

That and the mission was to rescue the meisters, not decimate the enemy units. If you don't need to kill then you don't need to.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 15:20   Link #225
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but those BEAM shots ran right through the MA and the Enact(The suit itself not the MA) was right ABOVE Exia.

Eitherway, there's nothing that states that they have a no kill policy.

That and the mission was to rescue the meisters, not decimate the enemy units. If you don't need to kill then you don't need to.
Neena floats down majestically after destroying the Aggressor

Neena: Gundam Exia, are you alright? Hm?

-sees the remains of the Exia, beam shots right through the cockpit-

Neena: Heh heh, oops!

-keeps smiling, flashes a V sign-

Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 15:30   Link #226
WhiteWings

Well at least the producers of the show are getting better in dealing with recaps. Not too much nor not too little.
Old 2008-01-27, 15:41   Link #227
sart

Quote:
...I admit that I could be wrong on Neena, but was I unclear that I don't think that they have a no-kill policy? Correction about Neena aside, are you agreeing or disagreeing with what I said?

It was painfully obvious that the Thrones mission was to save the Meisters and that Ali took the chance to escape rather than try and confront the new threat...
no of course not it clearly shows the other thrones killing. You are right, i was just correcting your statement about neena.

Neena could of easily gave chase to the ONE ms that was in the area but chose not to hence she let him get away.
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:05   Link #228
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Speaking of Neena, can anyone translate better what she said when "[She didn't] like men who weren't boiled down." ?

What exactly does boiled down mean in this context?
Old 2008-01-27, 16:10   Link #229
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

The episode was so-so. Partially because of Throne overpwnage and the recap thing, I suppose. But I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Now I'm wondering how the relationship between the meisters develop and how the new Trinity shall proovr itself in battle against Earth Forces.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:10   Link #230
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
what ever is the name of the new gundam pilot chick she already annoys me to no end stupid voice actor. what the hell with the choregraphie before doing their "awsome" blackout tech, felt like paralulu-paralulu-magicalu-blackout... GTFO with your sailormoon choregraphie.
and finally since a recent gundam serie cant be done properly without a recap using stockfootage cause they are prolly too lazy to do a full episode we had it this episode.

sucks more and more...
That's the perfect example of what I was talking about early. Come at the show full-on bashing from an angle absolutely nobody would ever expect. I mean "Sailor Moon Choreography"? What the heck does that even mean? And no comment on the bashing of Rie Kugimiya. If you're going to keep watching anime you oughta get used to her voice since she's quite popular, and with good reason too. And TTGL also had a clip show for Episode 16, it's something of a tradition in longer running series that are about to enter their second arc. Recap the first arc so that people will be able to recall everything that happened and then progress with those plot elements still fresh in peoples mind. That said I'm not psyched about a clip episode, but it's not the end of the world like you make it out to be.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:15   Link #231
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Like the Throne Drei ability to create a stealth field by dispersing GN particle, dislike the recaps.

But hey, it's episode 16 and only half a recap. A big improvement

Boiled down = discipline? Least that's what i think in context of the Meisters' misbehaviour (rescue mission, Setsuna's action and etc)
Old 2008-01-27, 16:30   Link #232
chrisbad726

Omg Neena is Shana lol.
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:35   Link #233
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

This half recap episode was rather informative as it explained why some of the missions occured. For example I couldn't quite figure out why Virtue and Kyrios' first mission was against the terrorists, but after the Observers explained it, it made a lot of sense. I also noticed that while the Observers do seem to know a lot that's going on, there's also stuff that it seem that they don't know. They don't seem to know that Setsuna has talked to Marina in private, and more than once. Their opinions on the Meisters could also provide some potential plot points in the future. Both the abilities of Setsuna and Sumaragi have been questions, but what really surprised me was how much the Observers did not seem to like Allelujah for his unpredictability. I'd always felt Setsuna would get the boot faster if things came down to it, but looking at a purely mission point of view, Allelujah is probably a bit more unstable due to both his personal history and his mental condition.

The Thrones look cool, but there was no massive one-on-one fight or anything. Still, I enjoyed seeing the new Gundams in action, especially Zwei and Drei. The mass of red GN particles looked very impressive. Neena's voice to me was a little too peppy XD;; I can live with it, but I hope she doesn't go Shana-tan on us.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 17:06   Link #234
ReddyRedWolf

Well she does have those red Flame Haze wings of hers. lol
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 17:44   Link #235
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The really important thing is even before this point.
She could have killed him with her first shot, at the time he wasn't yet aware of her presence, but she decided not to do so.
+1 important point .. She never met the unit.. So its quite possible that she didnt knew that it was 2 in 1 unit ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:01   Link #236
davidw89

Oh common guys don't ignore me..
Any ideas when the HD version is going to be released (the [1280x720 H.264 AAC version)
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:03   Link #237
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

When it out?

Seriously, we dont know.. it will be out when its done .. end of story =.=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:11   Link #238
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Speaking of Neena, can anyone translate better what she said when "[She didn't] like men who weren't boiled down." ?

What exactly does boiled down mean in this context?
In Japanese she says: watashi niekiranai otoko nante kirai

niekiranai can be translated as: half-cooked; vague; halfhearted; indecisive

basically: I hate indecisive men
(though doesn't quite capture the original tone)

She's basically criticising the other Meisters for not being consistent
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:18   Link #239
Narutaro

for a recap episode, I like it way better than I expected. not only because it's only half episode of recap. but also because it's told from thrones and observer's point of view. before this, I would have thought we got the recap from the female reporter's point of view. but this is definitely way more interesting.

for one, the observer and thrones opinion about CB may have some hint for future plot twist. I got a feeling that Allelujah may play some important role here, looks like many observer's don't like him since his headache can be fatal to the mission. one thing I think interesteing, Tieria is never criticized for revealing Nadleeh. don't know whether that may be important or not. observer seems to lay the blame to Sumeragi for that incident.
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:23   Link #240
kari-no-sugata

I suspect for most of the rest of the first half (up to ep 26), characters like Graham, Patrick, Sergei and Soma (and possibly Ali) will be pushed into the shade a bit by the Trinity. If the OP is any guide, then we should probably see a show-down battle between the new vs old Meisters around eps 24-26.

Currently, I'd expect the 3 siblings to be killed. (Will Setsuna kill Nena?). It would likely end up being a close call, with the 4 "main" Gundams being heavily damaged. Maybe enough that the 3 powers will intervene at the end and grab some CB tech from the destroyed Thrones. (An interesting possibility is that one or more of the Throne pilots could survive and turn up later as a tool of one of the 3 powers looking for revenge against CB). Also, if the 4 are *seriously* damaged then CB wouldn't be able to do any interventions for a while, leading to a natural break.

I see this is a stepping stone for the 4 "main" Meisters to grow both as characters and as pilots. They haven't exactly be lauded for their skills by others in the series, but they'll definitely have to improve if they want to defeat the Thrones.

As a side-note: the attitude of the Trinity towards using Gundams to intervene seems quite close to Alejandro's. Co-incidence?
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote