AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 30 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 19.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.47%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-27, 21:40   Link #261
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
You have failed me for the last time, Sumeragi.

That said, Hallelujah seems to get captured an awful lot, even if some degree of it is due to his reaction to Peiris. He clearly needs to get some skill.

No, he needs to get his head set straight. He needs to be able to call Hallelujah at will, to raise hell when needed, and otherwise be his niceguy self.

Hallelujah--I am willing to bet--is hands down the single best pilot in the G00verse. He has no qualms about slaughtering anyone or anybody and his self-preservation comes before anything else, leading him to find (and seemingly rather easily) the quickest way to slaughter the most people in the least amount of time. And when you're talking about blowing shit up, a ruthless, smart, efficient, remorseless sadistic killer is easily the best candidate behind a war machine.
Old 2008-01-27, 21:47   Link #262
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Woops, I meant Allelujah, as you already guessed :P

Tieria doesn't seem to mind either; as far as I can see, him and Hal have no real attachments, save Tieria and Veda, perhaps.

I don't think he will be able to call Hallelujah at will, rather Hal is the dominant one, and will continue taking over on his own terms.

The "skill" thing was a tongue-in-cheek comment though
Old 2008-01-27, 21:57   Link #263
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not a bad episode but not all as i was hoping for but as it stands i was satisfied to a certain extent. The Thrones competed missions quickly and efficiently and effectively catching the 3 worlds powers forces by surprise. The difference was clearly obvious as none of them have any weapon capable of touching a Throne Unit. Im sure the presidents of all the powers are kicking themselves right now. It could not have been cheap to gather all those forces mobilize them and keep them in the field. If we overlay all that plus the losses sustained and ammo used it cost them dearly. As for episode 16 imo they are all back on the defensive .

Interesting How the Thrones names are in German.
The Throne units themselves seem to be specific just the original meisters Gundams.

Looks like Throne Drei is a multi-purpose unit with both long and close range attack capabilities and im sure its speed is impressive as well. That GN particle distribution range was incredible, which leads me to believe she specializes in stealth attacks as well. Not to mention Nena has her own Haro unit.

Throne Zwei was an impressive unit its fangs not only seem to use high velocity to penetrate the enemy but they are also capable of firing beams as high speed as well. This unit would be a bitch to get close to the pilot Michael seems to be the hotted headed one of the 3.

Throne Eins from first glances is a pure long range unit. It looked like its range with the shoulder mounted cannon was twice the range of Dynames. The unit also seemed to be carrying a long rife as well. but i would not doubt that certain parts are interchangeable changing the versatility of the Thrones. Johan seems to be the level headed and the elder of 3.

Im not sure if i head right but during the conversation with the observers i head them say there should only be 5 Solar generators active right now. There are 4 original Gundams where is the 5th?
Old 2008-01-27, 22:16   Link #264
Rampage

This show has gotten so much better in the last two episodes. The three new Gundams are pretty awesome.

It's going to be interesting to see how the original four Meisters react if the Throne Gundams turn out to be superior units.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 22:17   Link #265
ReddyRedWolf

The fifth as you say is the prototype GN-000 Gundam O.

The same unit that intervened in Kurdistan and saved Setsuna.

It is currently in possesion of Fershete a subgroup of CB specializing on intelligence and special-ops.

Spoiler for Gundam 00F:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 23:35   Link #266
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Speaking of Neena, can anyone translate better what she said when "[She didn't] like men who weren't boiled down." ?

What exactly does boiled down mean in this context?
the point they try to make considering teh context and with her brother initial remark i think is that se believe guys should go through and stand behind their actions the whole way through and not half asses sort to speak.

at least thats what i think i do agree that i also found it a bit confusing and huh

anyway since people bashing my question went unnoticed the

GN particles

There has to be a meaning to the colours i dont think its a decoratative thingy. My assumption is power output or capabilities give your thoughts yall ^^.

and about lockon's pilot i think even though he might now be the only sane one he might have a shady past we dont know. im only geuss ing on this and it completely has no real evidence to base on so pls dont attack me or some shit. but maybe he was involved with the deaths of that terrorist attack.

Anyway, I think marina will be somekind of link with these 3 gundams in the sense that there will be an fight in that country again and setsuna trying to save hime xP or some shit. just another possible thought i have to keep the discussion going instead of the i hate a girls voice.

Last edited by wtfftw; 2008-01-27 at 23:48.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 23:43   Link #267
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The fifth as you say is the prototype GN-000 Gundam O.

The same unit that intervened in Kurdistan and saved Setsuna.

It is currently in possesion of Fershete a subgroup of CB specializing on intelligence and special-ops.

Spoiler for Gundam 00F:
Let's hope these battles will get serious after the throne gundam assualt.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 00:02   Link #268
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Speaking of GN drives and all that other junk...

Okay, if the O gundam is a first generation, and the current gundams are already 3rd generation, and only 6 years have passed (looking at Setsuna as our clock), whatever the hell happened to all of the 2nd generation gundams? What did Felt's parents do that they were killed (and very recently, as they were Gundam Meisters)?
Old 2008-01-28, 00:29   Link #269
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Speaking of GN drives and all that other junk...

Okay, if the O gundam is a first generation, and the current gundams are already 3rd generation, and only 6 years have passed (looking at Setsuna as our clock), whatever the hell happened to all of the 2nd generation gundams? What did Felt's parents do that they were killed (and very recently, as they were Gundam Meisters)?
maybe prototype/tester... who knows...

someone got translate 00F
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 00:34   Link #270
ReddyRedWolf

Fershete also has them.

Thing is the GNY series Gundams does not have their own GN drives.

The GN-000 Gundam O GN drive powers all the Gundams of Fershete much like the four Gundams powers their ship.

In Gundam 00P 15 years prior to 00, Krung Thep a colony base of CB is where the GNY Gundams were developed.

Since I don't think Chall Acustica, commander of Fershete and former Gundam Meister, is Felt's mother perhaps Luido Resonance is her father , a Gundam Meister and Marlene Bloody (or Broody) also a Gundam Meister but is forced criminal prisoner pilot like Fon Spark of 00F.

Since both Luido and Marlene are not heard of in 00F.

We do know an incident may have happened involving GNY-004 Gundam Plutone, prototype to GN-004 Nadleeh, which caused a traumatic experience to Chall.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 00:44   Link #271
rpgman1

So there are 5 GN Drives in the series and the Meisters currently have 4 of them then? The original is the one Setsuna saw in his past then? I thought the Thrones had at least 1 GN Drive ifwhat they're using in their gundams are spin-offs of the original.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 00:56   Link #272
Advent
Cloud

there is a possibility that the 5 GN Drives pertains to the green particle emitting GN drives and not the red particle ones that the Thrones have. I think it would make sense that none of the thrones GN Drives including the one on their battleship was accounted for in the Celestial Being original 5 GN Drives.
Advent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:08   Link #273
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I thought this ep was great, but I'm somewhat conflicted in many ways...

The action so far in the series has been overboard while still being contained somewhat...After seeing Gundam Drei pull a Angel of Hell Phoenix Fire outta it's a$$ I'm wondering if the seams are gonna just bust open now...I just don't want it to get so outta hand that the series becomes pure super-fantasy over plausible evolution...I'm excited yet leary all at the same time...It would have helped if one Gundam could have gotten captured so SOMEBODY could enhance their MS development...

OMG @ next ep preview...Graham is my dawg, but damn son you got some nuts to take on that new Gundam...Custom or no custom a FLAG can't compete with these guys...The Anti-Gundam scientist needs to have a breakthrough...SOON..

Getting late for me and I just watched the sub...My full recap and opinions tommorrow after work, see ya then...
Old 2008-01-28, 01:21   Link #274
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Even though there are reviews and flashback

It makes me happy this weekend

Next ep probably more on conversations.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:22   Link #275
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Two remarks:
- That voice, with those breasts - it's so wrong.
- I always knew the haros were out get us, but damn, that one doesn't even bother with the fašade.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:35   Link #276
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gundam 00 Episode 16 Summary and Thoughts.

First, I can't stress this enough, if you want to keep up to date on the plot, you need to pay attention during the second half as it is critical important to the events that have gone on before this episode, and the inner workings of Celestial Being. That they managed to work it so a clip show is relevant to the plot is extremely impressive, so I just want to say I think the writers deserve a lot of credit for making this episode work as both a clip show, while saving on animation budget, and at the same time making it relevant that they do so. So far the only other time I've seen this done to any advantage and not in a way that comes across as just being cheap is in Lucky Star where the use of no animation, new or otherwise in one scene, is used as a joke and in Gurren Lagann where it was like an artistic music video. There's also plenty of new footage interspersed between the clips that gives us a view of the inside of the Thrones ship and more insight into their personalities. Despite how well this is all executed, I still can't give the episode a 10 because there are periods where there's reused animation, though I am actually really tempted too.

Secondly, did anyone find Neena's scream of "STEALTHU FIELDOOOOOOO!" to be incredibly hot blooded in a series where the characters are usuall quiet reserved and quiet. Once again Rie Kugimiya takes my love of her style to new levels as I had a feeling she would when I heard my dream was coming true and she was going to be a Gundam pilot. Neena Trinity needs to be in Saigar 2009.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-01-28 at 01:52.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:56   Link #277
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Lol, I just realized how much of an idiot Setsuna is while I was rewatching the opening. If you watch closely, Setsuna leaves the cockpit OPEN while he is doing that cool charging motion in space before the title shows up. That is why his dumbass falls out of the Gundam, lol! XD

EDIT: Does the new Haros voice remind anyone else of Charmander? Like, from the earlier episodes of Pokemon. Sounds just like him.

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2008-01-28 at 02:11.
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 02:15   Link #278
Wuzz
支点

Did anyone else notice the line "There should only be five solar generators active right now." said by one of the "observers."

Where is the fifth generator? Does the support ship have one?

I remember the animation from the first ending seemed to insinuate that there was a fifth gundam pilot. They show 4 colored hexagons near the very end with the names of the pilots in them and it looks like there should be a fifth hexagon they way they are arranged.
Wuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 02:19   Link #279
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
It just occured to me that the Overflag casualties were in fact the pilots that were focused on when they first appeared.

Joshua from Alaska -> Dead
Randy -> illnois
Stuart -> Geogria or something

I guess any grunt that gets named is as good as dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Two remarks:
- That voice, with those breasts - it's so wrong.
- I always knew the haros were out get us, but damn, that one doesn't even bother with the fašade.
Well it had to had happen sooner or later. She couldn't stay like that the whole time.

All we need now is Ursai Ursai Ursai and we'll be set.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:10   Link #280
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Lol, I just realized how much of an idiot Setsuna is while I was rewatching the opening. If you watch closely, Setsuna leaves the cockpit OPEN while he is doing that cool charging motion in space before the title shows up. That is why his dumbass falls out of the Gundam, lol! XD
Haha, that would be an amusing ending for 00.

*Cue epic music, Exia charges in*

*Setsuna falls out of cockpit*