AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 30 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 19.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.47%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-26, 08:26   Link #81
Sciel
Etoilé
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Half the episode was a recap of what we've seen so far . Sorta disappointing ): .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 08:29   Link #82
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't know, I've been travelling around the internets and been across quite a few bloggers that seem poised to bash this episode into the ground.

Most of the people who are really enjoying this series seem excited though. It looks like Neena has hit the right notes with people.

Lesson I've learned is, always try to end on a positive note.
"Oh, it's a recap episode cum HAXXXX (sorry, couldn't resist) Gundams! Bring the torches and the pitchforks people!"

Or something like that?

Well, people tend to remember the negative things from when they last saw a piece of crap. I prefer to remain positive and look at the things which stand out to be good rather than those which are bad or in the typical bashers' sense, terrible.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 08:33   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
The most surprising part of the episode for me was that Haro's voice..
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 08:50   Link #84
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
"Oh, it's a recap episode cum HAXXXX (sorry, couldn't resist) Gundams! Bring the torches and the pitchforks people!"

Or something like that?

Well, people tend to remember the negative things from when they last saw a piece of crap. I prefer to remain positive and look at the things which stand out to be good rather than those which are bad or in the typical bashers' sense, terrible.
No, the recap part would be the obvious thing to get upset over, I'm not particulary psyched about that prospect myself either. No I'm thinking more along the lines of something like how Neena's midriff bearing outfit is blatant fanservice and the that the series is trying to appeal to Moe fans now by introducing a peppy female Gundam pilot. Note that that isn't actually my view, but a parody of just how weird some of the critiques I've seen of the series can be. Something completely unexpected and wildly out of the blue that most people wouldn't even consider, let alone feel is a series killing issue.

For example one website I saw gave Gundam 00 a worst series/biggest letdown of 2007 Award for as far as I can tell from their write-up, being "to much like the original series" and the Gundam Nadleeh having hairlike strands (this was about 6 episodes back mind that they decided how awful the show apparently is), That is the basic extent of it. I don't recall the Arm Slave Gauron had having that hair-like protrusion, Codarl there or whatever, being nearly such an issue back when FMP aired so I'm confused by this one as I am most of the really heavy critiques I've seen of the series.

I do seriously hope though that people do give the series more of a chance now. I see a lot of new faces in this sub-forum and it kind of brightens my day through the worst of the arrows being flung at what I think is shaping up to be an interesting series. If only some would give it more time.....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-01-26 at 09:00.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:09   Link #85
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
No, the recap part would be the obvious thing to get upset over, I'm not particulary psyched about that prospect myself either. No I'm thinking more along the lines of something like how Neena's midriff bearing outfit is blatant fanservice and the that the series is trying to appeal to Moe fans now by introducing a peppy female Gundam pilot. Note that that isn't actually my view, but a parody of just how weird some of the critiques I've seen of the series can be. Something completely unexpected and wildly out of the blue that most people wouldn't even consider, let alone feel it's a series killing issue.
Ah, that. I was wondering about the purpose of the outfit itself. Bearing the midriff was most certainly not essential, so I guess you're right about 00 trying to appeal more to Moe fans. Almost seems like they weren't confident that Wang Liu Mei and Feldt could bring in those kind of viewers.

Considering that the first thing viewers would look for is always the few points which might lessen the enjoyment or serve as a negative point for the series, I'm actually not too surprised that the few small things can be blown out of proportion and we have "reality checks" for every nitty gritty detail in the show. Not that it's a bad thing to have it, but when the fantasy of the situation kicks in, I wonder why people wouldn't just sit back and admit that there will be a bit of unrealistic things happening.

Quote:
I do seriously hope though that people do give the series more of a chance now. I see a lot of new faces in this sub-forum and it kind of brightens my day through the worst of the arrows being flung at what I think is shaping up to be an interesting series. If only some would give it more time.....
One strange thing about a long-running series for some is that even when they criticise it, they continue to watch it either in the hopes that it gets better from their POV or watch to see how "terrible" it becomes. Wonder what blogs you go to, because apparently lots of people here are rather excited about one aspect of the show or the other despite any flaws pointed out.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:13   Link #86
Zeta Gundam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Half the episode was a recap of what we've seen so far . Sorta disappointing ): .
It's more like 10 minutes or so of action,and the recap part wasn't all that bad as it did have new material.While Alejandro was talking to the "CB" representatives the Throne pilots were also supposedly dogging the main team out on their ship for almost messing up.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:14   Link #87
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by renasis_force View Post
any pic of the mothership from the thrones?
Spoiler for Here:



Spoiler for And some Zwei vs Overflag action from the preview::



Spoiler for Gattai!!:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:19   Link #88
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
For example one website I saw gave Gundam 00 a worst series/biggest letdown of 2007 Award for as far as I can tell from their write-up, being "to much like the original series" and the Gundam Nadleeh having hairlike strands (this was about 6 episodes back mind that they decided how awful the show apparently is), That is the basic extent of it. I don't recall the Arm Slave Gauron had having that hair-like protrusion, Codarl there or whatever, being nearly such an issue back when FMP aired so I'm confused by this one as I am most of the really heavy critiques I've seen of the series.
Simple. Because this is Gundam show, so they won't accept anything that somehow different or new, yet complain about how unoriginal this part is or that part is.
Basically, when they hate it, they won't see any positive point about it. I admit that I was having a hard time seeing any bad point about the show, because I like it, but when people point it out, and I see that they're right, then they're right (after some argument, of course).
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:22   Link #89
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Alright this is probably one and only recap episode that I actually liked. The Thrones were very impressive in this episode, but like I said before they probably looked stronger then they should be, also damn I already love Nena . Also can anyone try to figure out what each of these artwork means? I am just wondering if there is any message behind these artwork, these can't be random.







__________________
Terrestrial Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:24   Link #90
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Spoiler for Gattai!!:
That looks disturbing
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:40   Link #91
Sciel
Etoilé
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
It's more like 10 minutes or so of action,and the recap part wasn't all that bad as it did have new material.While Alejandro was talking to the "CB" representatives the Throne pilots were also supposedly dogging the main team out on their ship for almost messing up.
Its actually more like 4-5 minutes of mecha action(about 12 seconds of the part before the opening was new) which after episode 15 (which was awesome) was sort of disappointing since 15 hyped this episode up so much.
I didn't mind the recap part too much actually since at least it wasn't one whole episode . Can't wait for the next episode though as the preview looks awesome (BUSTER SWORD )

PS: Did anyone notice that the GN Fangs can be used a stabbing weapons too besides shooting beams ?
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:43   Link #92
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia.
Age: 6
Yeah, it was picked up on in the prior pages
__________________
Zenemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:44   Link #93
Zeta Gundam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Its actually more like 4-5 minutes of mecha action(about 12 seconds of the part before the opening was new) which after episode 15 (which was awesome) was sort of disappointing since 15 hyped this episode up so much.
I didn't mind the recap part too much actually since at least it wasn't one whole episode . Can't wait for the next episode though as the preview looks awesome (BUSTER SWORD )

PS: Did anyone notice that the GN Fangs can be used a stabbing weapons too besides shooting beams ?
I did add in the the previous,so you are pretty much right.

Minus opening,and prequel of episode 15 about 6-7 minutes
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:50   Link #94
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well from what I see, Johann is like an even more mature version of Lockon (albeit with a horrid sense of fashion), Michael is like Lockon with that sarcasm/immaturity amplified ten times over, and Neena's (pronounced Nay-na, not knee-na)...well...Neena's just a hottie and a cutie at the same time...also, her Haro's a girl ^_^. Orange-kun X Blue-chan? (LOL ^_^)

If I had to pick which one of the Thrones were to be a villain, it'd be Michael for being so nutso, then Johann for blindingly following orders from whoever, and Neena just seems too fun-loving to do something evil.

Alright...where the hell was Alejandro? Talk about shady!
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:54   Link #95
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
,
Quote:
her Haro's a girl
OH.... DEAR God..... Did it say something like.... "Shut up!"?


lol then....that alone if proven true will be reason enough for me to watch.... NEENA FTW!!!!!
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:09   Link #96
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the Middle of Nowhere..
Wow the new episode was awesome~

Really like the Thrones and of course Neena~~~
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:14   Link #97
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 29
Haha, the "ace pilots" are about to get OWNED.

And yeah, Neena seems way good. If she ends up on the same side as the current Meisters...expect a Setsuna/Neena pairing.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:16   Link #98
Nu Gundam
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Spoiler for Gundam 00 Spoiler:
__________________
This signature has been fed to carnivorous forum bunnies which are known to be attracted to signatures which break the signature rules. Unfortunately, the bunnies could not contain the awesomeness of the signature, and as such, exploded immediatly upon consumption of my signature.
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:19   Link #99
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
That looks like some superweapon ready to fire whenever required. O.o

Spoiler:


What's with the SetsunaxNeena pairing? Not that I'm complaining, but I just want to know the basis for the rumor, that's all.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:23   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
but I just want to know the basis for the rumor
Speculation.

I could see it happening, though that doesn't mean i think it should happen. I want to see how their conversation, and how they act for the first time together.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.