AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-29, 21:26   Link #221
Kishimyu
4th of the 10
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cali
Age: 22
WTF!
why do you guys keep comparing Jesus with Itachi, Itachi is a made-up person and Jesus was a real life person. Plus im tired of hearing about Jesus, i have to go through this stuff at church. NO MORE JESUS COMPARRISONS PLEASE!!!!!!
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 22:22   Link #222
nutype
Future MD
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimyu View Post
WTF!
Itachi is a made-up person and Jesus was a real life person.

yup just like mohammed was a real person and just like moses was and just like the buddha and Osiris too. Also Krishna and Zeus were real too right?

So many gods to choose from it's like a multiple choice exam where if you choose the wrong answer you spend eternity in hell. I know this should bother the religious but it never does.
__________________
April 07 2009, accepted into medical school! Graduating in 2013!

You may call me Dr. Nutype from now on thanks!
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 23:41   Link #223
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Itachi... yes, Itachi... he was tall, had black hair and most of the time red eyes. It seems he never deactivated Sharingan if he didn't have to and I wonder why. Was he just cautious or was it because of his disease or maybe to display him as a threatening character with strange eyes?
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 01:16   Link #224
Kishimyu
4th of the 10
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cali
Age: 22
Or maybe Itachi also mastered the Sharingan and didnt have to deactivate it, he did have lower chakra capacity than Sasuke, so maybe it was cuz his Sharingan was draining his chakra constantly?
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 13:00   Link #225
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimyu View Post
Or maybe Itachi also mastered the Sharingan and didnt have to deactivate it, he did have lower chakra capacity than Sasuke, so maybe it was cuz his Sharingan was draining his chakra constantly?
But why would he do that to himself?
To purposefully weaken himself against Sasuke? Or maybe it's the same reason as Kakashi: He was afraid he would lose it.
__________________
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 13:55   Link #226
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
But why would he do that to himself?
To purposefully weaken himself against Sasuke? Or maybe it's the same reason as Kakashi: He was afraid he would lose it.
We're not sure Kakashi is afraid losing it. Maybe Kakashi has no control over his Sharingan.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 15:47   Link #227
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Kakashi's is ALWAYS active, he can't turn it off .. Itachi just has incredible control and leaving it activated drains very mimimal chakra, but makes him much harder to sneak upon etc.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 21:33   Link #228
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In that place where the stuff is at.
Age: 17
Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
Actually, it doesn't drain much chakra from any Uchiha who uses the sharingan. The use of chakra is so small they can use it even when they're almost out of it.
__________________
under... construction?
Sinfully Naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 05:12   Link #229
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Actually, it doesn't drain much chakra from any Uchiha who uses the sharingan. The use of chakra is so small they can use it even when they're almost out of it.
Well, in the end, neither Sasuke nor Itachi had a Sharingan in their final battle, so it does need chakra and of course that's the reason they don't have it activated all the time. I guess Sasuke hasn't perfected his use of Sharingan as much as Itachi has, thus Sasuke uses it less often than Itachi. In addition, Itachi is... no was a hunted criminal with a dangerous partner. Sasuke can trust his teammates, that's been shown in the fight against Hachibi and Sasuke doesn't comprehend that he's a hunted criminal now. I think he's pretty careless. He was lucky that it was 4 on 1 when they were tracked by a Jounin from Kumo.

The ninjas of Kumogakure are not to be taken lightly. They are strong. Strong enough to sacrifice a Hyuuga, Neji's father, to avoid a military conflict. Raikage himself has ordered to take care of Sasuke, it's about time Sasuke breaks a sweat. Sasuke is strong, but Sasuke is weaker than Madara and by far not immortal. He should be very careful, at least as careful as Itachi has been.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 08:31   Link #230
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In that place where the stuff is at.
Age: 17
Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
But it was said. somewhere I forget where that the drain is so minimal it doesn't matter.

I think there was some kind of power shift. Because after getting power from Itachi, he should've been super strong, yet he got his ass kicked with ease. I'm not saying that he fared well against Itachi, if Itachi wanted to, he could've easily killed Sasuke. But he didn't. I'm just saying, to make a big deal abotu Sasuke getting stronger, and watnot, then showing how weak he is in the VERY next fight isn't very consistant.
__________________
under... construction?
Sinfully Naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 08:51   Link #231
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
But it was said. somewhere I forget where that the drain is so minimal it doesn't matter.

I think there was some kind of power shift. Because after getting power from Itachi, he should've been super strong, yet he got his ass kicked with ease. I'm not saying that he fared well against Itachi, if Itachi wanted to, he could've easily killed Sasuke. But he didn't. I'm just saying, to make a big deal abotu Sasuke getting stronger, and watnot, then showing how weak he is in the VERY next fight isn't very consistant.
Well, Sasuke has lost his beloved CS (HAX!!!) which is a multiplier like power x10... so he just has 10% of his former power, that's a matter of fact.
No wonder he seems to be weaker, is it? He gained MS, he lost CS, that's like giving away a tank and changing it for a scalpel.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 08:57   Link #232
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In that place where the stuff is at.
Age: 17
Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
HA! So true. If only he could've kept the CS, and the MS. He would be just about unstoppable.[/notrly bcuz Madara is like that, and he's all immortal and stuff(hence, copy of Madara without immortality), in terms the of strongest characters, Sasuke wouldn't even been in the top ten. But he's still smexeh]
__________________
under... construction?
Sinfully Naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 09:05   Link #233
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
HA! So true. If only he could've kept the CS, and the MS. He would be just about unstoppable.[/notrly bcuz Madara is like that, and he's all immortal and stuff(hence, copy of Madara without immortality), in terms the of strongest characters, Sasuke wouldn't even been in the top ten. But he's still smexeh]
Yes. People tend to forget about that. When Sasuke fought Deidara, he was able to fly because of the CS2, he could protect himself using CS2, I guess he even lost a wing. Many of his techniques required CS or CS2 to be used.

That's why he lost to Hachibi. He had to find a new way to fight, a new style. If he had stuck to Kakashi, he'd probably be a stronger ninja now. Kakashi managed to activate MS without killing anybody close to him and Kakashi taught him to suppress the CS. Sasuke's CS was actually, and that's been shown in their fight, the same as Naruto's Kyuubi and both had to let go of that now to discover their own strength. Both lost power and both went into different directions when they reached a fork.

Sasuke's becoming the Genjutsu type, somehow like Itachi, a precise fighter with strong and elegant taijutsu who doesn't move around too much and does what he needs to do while Naruto becomes the more brute guy with his brute force and no skills in genjutsu. Sakura is the healer with good abilities in dodging and a hard punch.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 17:28   Link #234
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I think swapping CS for MS is justified even solely for Amaterasu .. as was shown it is actually capable of physically harming a full grown 8-tails which is by far an amazing feat, considering they are invulnerable to nearly everything (save for special stuff like Mokuton, MS - for taming and ofc the 4-th's Death God thing, which is suicidal .. I wonder if Susanoo's sword attack would seal a Bijuu's soul in that dream-like dimension, though) .. BUT it's still unknown - maybe Kirabi would've survived Amaterasu even without it being put out (+ I read somewhere that 8-tails chakra cloak is ALMOST invulnerable .. almost .. but 9-tails' actually is invulnerable because of virtually unlimited chakra pool (only Kyubi has such in all of Naruto-verse), so maybe u can't hurt Kyubi with Amaterasu) + ofc MS isn't something u can use every fight and there is the eye detioration .. while CS2 was always there and gave much versatility .. i think right now Sasuke is barely in the same field as Pein/Naruto/Madara and that is only because of Amaterasu (unless he has something else) and that he can/will be defeated w/o much effort by either of the three
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 23:16   Link #235
Kishimyu
4th of the 10
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cali
Age: 22
i think Sasuke was much stronger with the CS2 because he learned how to use it better over 2 1/2 years, but if he had a little more training in his Sharingan he could probably become as strong as Itachi (who's had his Sharingan since 8, and MS since like 16 or 17). Right now though, i agree that Sasuke is barely able to match Naurto, Madara, and Pain; but he could become quite strong with more training in the Sharingan
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 00:24   Link #236
Gamma_Sennin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimyu View Post
i think Sasuke was much stronger with the CS2 because he learned how to use it better over 2 1/2 years, but if he had a little more training in his Sharingan he could probably become as strong as Itachi (who's had his Sharingan since 8, and MS since like 16 or 17). Right now though, i agree that Sasuke is barely able to match Naurto, Madara, and Pain; but he could become quite strong with more training in the Sharingan
So true, I dont think we have seen sasuke's best just yet... he has just learned to use tsyokumi and ametarasu... and with a bit more experience with it, he will become a lot more formidable than what we saw against hachibi... and of course... will surpass itachi, in the same manner naruto is surpassing his predecessors...

Maybe through sasuke we will see what itachi was capable of... there is evidence with his variety of ms jutsu, to the way he manipulated his battle with sasuke who S ranked at least... that he was an outstanding ninja, maybe even up there with pain/madara... There's a reason no one made a move on konoha, as stated by madara.. once he was dead there was no one who could get in there way... if madara who tells pain what to do, is weary of what itachi is capable of, to the extent he would leave konoha alone.. it makes you think, how strong was he?

But then at that point, J_Man and Itachi were alive... along with tsunade konoha was a lot stronger than it is now... however after seeing naruto, maybe its gonna be stronger than ever

Actually we all know it will be... with all that surpassing the old mambo jumboo!!
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 11:51   Link #237
SpyderSidiouss
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I think swapping CS for MS is justified even solely for Amaterasu .. as was shown it is actually capable of physically harming a full grown 8-tails which is by far an amazing feat, considering they are invulnerable to nearly everything (save for special stuff like Mokuton, MS - for taming and ofc the 4-th's Death God thing, which is suicidal .. I wonder if Susanoo's sword attack would seal a Bijuu's soul in that dream-like dimension, though) .. BUT it's still unknown - maybe Kirabi would've survived Amaterasu even without it being put out (+ I read somewhere that 8-tails chakra cloak is ALMOST invulnerable .. almost .. but 9-tails' actually is invulnerable because of virtually unlimited chakra pool (only Kyubi has such in all of Naruto-verse), so maybe u can't hurt Kyubi with Amaterasu) + ofc MS isn't something u can use every fight and there is the eye detioration .. while CS2 was always there and gave much versatility .. i think right now Sasuke is barely in the same field as Pein/Naruto/Madara and that is only because of Amaterasu (unless he has something else) and that he can/will be defeated w/o much effort by either of the three
kk, lets be for real here. naruto is only able to be in that bracket because of one thing also : sage mode(assuming he was going to keep his promise and never use the kyuubi again). And, I'm not even sure if sage mode has more destructive power potential or is even equal to kyuubi mode: if it is equal then pain was already prepared to deal with something that powerful. If its more powerful than the kyuubi mode (which I doubt), hes still in that bracket because of one thing.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 13:36   Link #238
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In that place where the stuff is at.
Age: 17
Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
I'm fairly certain that Sage mode MAY be stronger than the Kyuubi. And in that sense faster.

Also, every character has an ace in the hole. What would Sasuke be without his Sharingan? Gai, and Lee without the Eight Inner Gates? I don't think that's it's fair to single out Naruto just because of Sage mode.
__________________
under... construction?
Sinfully Naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 14:10   Link #239
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
I'm fairly certain that Sage mode MAY be stronger than the Kyuubi. And in that sense faster.

Also, every character has an ace in the hole. What would Sasuke be without his Sharingan? Gai, and Lee without the Eight Inner Gates? I don't think that's it's fair to single out Naruto just because of Sage mode.
Mhm, I would say Naruto has a better control over the sage mode than he has over the Kyuubi at the moment. In the end, the Kyuubi will be an even greater source of power than the sage mode. Maybe both can be combined, maybe not.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 15:16   Link #240
Kishimyu
4th of the 10
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cali
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
I'm fairly certain that Sage mode MAY be stronger than the Kyuubi. And in that sense faster.

Also, every character has an ace in the hole. What would Sasuke be without his Sharingan? Gai, and Lee without the Eight Inner Gates? I don't think that's it's fair to single out Naruto just because of Sage mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Mhm, I would say Naruto has a better control over the sage mode than he has over the Kyuubi at the moment. In the end, the Kyuubi will be an even greater source of power than the sage mode. Maybe both can be combined, maybe not.
I think Naruto has control over his kyuubi form when he has one tail or only the kyuubi cloak, he can compress it but once it's released the Kyuubi takes over and he goes on a rampage. We dont know if full Kyuubi form can move faster than sage since we've never seen it.

Naruto has mastered the Sage tech so he can control it quite well, but i think the Kyuubi will be even more powerful; you guys have seen what it's capable of at 4 tails, but what if it was fully unleashed and Naruto had all 9???? It would probably be even stronger than the tachnique Pain used to destroy Kanoha. Plus his speed would drasticly increase due to all that chakra, but Naruto could end up killing himself.
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.