AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-01, 15:33   Link #241
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
I'm fairly certain that Sage mode MAY be stronger than the Kyuubi. And in that sense faster.
Do you mind providing some kind of proof or justification of how it "may" be stronger? (and not just saying that because you want it to be stronger) Also notice how i also stated "potential".

....and, you're saying you're "fairly certain" that it "may" be stronger.... lol then that means you're not certain of anything if you know what i mean. you might as well have just said "..um well, it might be stronger" or whatever. lol

Quote:
Also, every character has an ace in the hole. What would Sasuke be without his Sharingan? Gai, and Lee without the Eight Inner Gates? I don't think that's it's fair to single out Naruto just because of Sage mode.
the bolded text is exactly my point. please notice in my post that i was answering the bloke that said sasuke's only in pein/madara/naruto's ballpark because of his amatarasu alone. I'm saying that naruto is the same case, so why bother singling out people because of their techniques. hm.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 17:22   Link #242
Kallen4life

cuz Amaterasu is desperate, last resort and causes eye damage .. Sage mode is standart stuff for Naruto now, he can do it and do it and do it , taking him to Pein/Madara level .. Naruto's ace isn't Sage mode - it's Rasen-Shuriken / Kyubi / the uncompleted & unknown technique requiring the 'key' from Minato / whatever Itachi left him .. last 2 are unknown, Rasen is dangerous/risky and Kyubi is just plain uncontrolable, but also prly unstoppable with all 9-tails :
I assume they won't be able to just supress red chakra with Sharingan after he's already 9-tails - that's too imba, any Uchiha could've defended Konoha against Kyubi then 16 years ago + MS shouldn't be able to tame Kyubi, cuz he is in a host .. all 9-tails would be too much for Yamato, he's just a copy (or if Naruto could control the power like Kirabi then there would be no need to do so, cuz Naruto would be in control .. but that's unlikely, Kyubi is much more violent then 8-tails) .. the Death God technique is gone with 3-rd and 4-th dead (unless Pein can do it .. but it's suicidal) .. that leaves nothing else (unless Sasuke/Madara have Susanoo and it works on Kyubi), full-power Nine Tails should be invincible to any other 'standart' ninjutsu (including Amaterasu .. not sure about this though .. but it didn't kill 8-tails right away + he was pretending more or less perhaps + 9-tails > 8-tails)
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 17:33   Link #243
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
cuz Amaterasu is desperate, last resort and causes eye damage .. Sage mode is standart stuff for Naruto now, he can do it and do it and do it , taking him to Pein/Madara level .. Naruto's ace isn't Sage mode - it's Rasen-Shuriken / Kyubi / the uncompleted & unknown technique requiring the 'key' from Minato / whatever Itachi left him .. last 2 are unknown, Rasen is dangerous/risky and Kyubi is just plain uncontrolable, but also prly unstoppable with all 9-tails :
I assume they won't be able to just supress red chakra with Sharingan after he's already 9-tails - that's too imba, any Uchiha could've defended Konoha against Kyubi then 16 years ago + MS shouldn't be able to tame Kyubi, cuz he is in a host .. all 9-tails would be too much for Yamato, he's just a copy (or if Naruto could control the power like Kirabi then there would be no need to do so, cuz Naruto would be in control .. but that's unlikely, Kyubi is much more violent then 8-tails) .. the Death God technique is gone with 3-rd and 4-th dead (unless Pein can do it .. but it's suicidal) .. that leaves nothing else (unless Sasuke/Madara have Susanoo and it works on Kyubi), full-power Nine Tails should be invincible to any other 'standart' ninjutsu (including Amaterasu .. not sure about this though .. but it didn't kill 8-tails right away + he was pretending more or less perhaps + 9-tails > 8-tails)
Agreed, but isn't that meant for the 430 chapter?
Of course you are right, but it's a little far away from "what do you think of Itachi now", don't you think?
Besides, the death god technique is gone nowhere. There's a secret scroll with all the (forbidden) jutsu in it and I guess it still exists.
Why do you think the Kyuubi is invincible to Amaterasu? Amaterasu so far is the strongest technique of all and same goes for the other two techniques.
Hachibi hid in the tentacle that touched Karin and burned her and when Sasuke put out the flames, he was saved from Amaterasu aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimyu View Post
you guys have seen what it's capable of at 4 tails, but what if it was fully unleashed and Naruto had all 9???? It would probably be even stronger than the tachnique Pain used to destroy Kanoha. Plus his speed would drasticly increase due to all that chakra, but Naruto could end up killing himself.
More power = more speed I guess, except he eats up too much chakra again and wants to spit it as a blast.
When Naruto used the Kyuubi's chakra, his speed increased dramatically. I don't know which one is faster, but since we don't even know if both powers can be combined, it doesn't make sense to talk about which one is faster.

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2009-01-01 at 17:46.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 17:46   Link #244
Kallen4life

I don't think all of the forbidden techniques that exist are on one scroll .. about Amaterasu - it's my assumption + the fact that Kyubi is stronger then 8-tails .. but we'll see

Quote:
However, even in his full form he does not possess an invincible shroud like the Nine-Tails, so even with his immense size, powerful attacks such as Chidori and Amaterasu will still be effective, the latter defeating him in this form, though it was revealed that Kirabi was only pretending so that he could escape his village.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kirābī_Jinchūriki_Forms .. not sure how accurate this is .. but it could be, cuz only Kyubi has been described as having practically unlimited chakra - others, though powerful, are finite
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 18:18   Link #245
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
I don't think all of the forbidden techniques that exist are on one scroll .. about Amaterasu - it's my assumption + the fact that Kyubi is stronger then 8-tails .. but we'll see

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kirābī_Jinchūriki_Forms .. not sure how accurate this is .. but it could be, cuz only Kyubi has been described as having practically unlimited chakra - others, though powerful, are finite
If you compare Ichibi and Kyuubi, you can see extreme differences between the different bijuus. I wouldn't try to compare them.
Old 2009-01-08, 12:33   Link #246
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Well, Itachi is one of the greatest charakters in the manga, but still iīm a little disappointed.
Although pulling a "The Boss" is cool, I would have prefered the idea of him being a kind of Ledger-Joker (which he first seemed to be)...

Ledger-Joker = greatest villain of all time.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 12:41   Link #247
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Well, Itachi is one of the greatest charakters in the manga, but still iīm a little disappointed.
Although pulling a "The Boss" is cool, I would have prefered the idea of him being a kind of Ledger-Joker (which he first seemed to be)...
Ledger-Joker = greatest villain of all time.
I never saw that comparison before... I like the idea of Itachi being "the boss" But does that mean there'll be a "Solid Sasuke" running around soon?

And I think Orochimaru fits the bill as a "Ledger-Joker" villan.
Old 2009-01-08, 12:51   Link #248
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Well at least Sasuke gets similar exploited.
And yeah, Orochimaruīs really close to Joker, but heīs more predictable.
Old 2009-01-08, 12:52   Link #249
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Well at least Sasuke gets similar exploited.
And yeah, Orochimaruīs really close to Joker, but heīs more predictable.
Only because Orochimaru had an actual goal. If he had achieved said goal, who knows what Oro would've done next?
Old 2009-01-08, 12:54   Link #250
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Only because Orochimaru had an actual goal. If he had achieved said goal, who knows what Oro would've done next?
As an Oro-fan i hope we find out somewhen.^^

/edit
About Itachi...I think you misunderstood me there, I didnīt refer Itachi to "Big Boss", but to "The Boss" from mgs3...however thanks for the rep. xD
Old 2009-01-08, 13:02   Link #251
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
As an Oro-fan i hope we find out somewhen.^^

/edit
About Itachi...I think you misunderstood me there, I didnīt refer Itachi to "Big Boss", but to "The Boss" from mgs3...however thanks for the rep. xD
No, no... Sasuke would be Big boss, no?
He did technically kill the boss, right? Well, eventually, someone (Madara/Pain) will clone Sasuke.
Old 2009-01-08, 13:13   Link #252
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
No, no... Sasuke would be Big boss, no?
He did technically kill the boss, right? Well, eventually, someone (Madara/Pain) will clone Sasuke.
Right, so Sasuke wonīt be Solid Sasuke but Naked Sasuke. xD
Now we know Sasukeīs ultimate goal: to create a world where soliders will always have a place in....but wait, wasnīt that Painīs goal?^^
Old 2009-01-08, 16:37   Link #253
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Right, so Sasuke wonīt be Solid Sasuke but Naked Sasuke. xD
Now we know Sasukeīs ultimate goal: to create a world where soliders will always have a place in....but wait, wasnīt that Painīs goal?^^
No, no... Sasuke wants war.
I'm not too sure about Big Boss, though.
We'll find ouot soon enouogh on Metal Gear naruto.
Damn, I'm bringing this to the fanfiction thread.
Old 2009-01-08, 16:39   Link #254
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
I think Itachi is still smexy even though he's dead, though! ^^
Old 2009-01-08, 18:41   Link #255
Akachou

Quote:
No, no... Sasuke wants war.
I'm not too sure about Big Boss, though.
We'll find ouot soon enouogh on Metal Gear naruto.
Damn, I'm bringing this to the fanfiction thread.
Why would Sasuke want war? Wouldn't it be totally stupid of him? Wouldn't that mean he'd be totally overestimating himself? Wouldn't that make him a totally dumb fool?
Am I asking rhetorical questions here?
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 02:16   Link #256
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
I doubt he wants war persay. I think he just wants to eliminate the heads of the village. Because he feels that they robbed Itachi of his life, and in a sense, his own life as well. I doubt he would want to draw too much attention to himself. Also, considering the condition of the village right now. It would be less than easy for him to complete his goal. If he has to take on a single, or a few of Konoha ninja, I'm certain he can handle them. Their military force is all but screwed right now anyway.
Old 2009-01-09, 03:12   Link #257
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I doubt he wants war persay. I think he just wants to eliminate the heads of the village. Because he feels that they robbed Itachi of his life, and in a sense, his own life as well. I doubt he would want to draw too much attention to himself. Also, considering the condition of the village right now. It would be less than easy for him to complete his goal. If he has to take on a single, or a few of Konoha ninja, I'm certain he can handle them. Their military force is all but screwed right now anyway.
He does want war. He said himself that he wants to destroy Konoha. That pretty much war any way you slice it. Attacking a Hidden Village? Even though it's demolished now, when he said it Konoha was perfectly intact.

And Sasuke is a total basket case. And a hypocrite. Seriously, first he wants to kill Itachi, now he's sad that Itachi's dead and blames the current generation on crimes of the past, and furthermore is going against Itachi's wishes (assuming Madara was telling the truth about Itachi). The noob doesn't even know what he wants. He's just lashing out at everything at this point.
Old 2009-01-09, 03:31   Link #258
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

My God, how could I have forgotten about that? >.< You were right, my bad.

But he doesn't really know of the destruction of Konoha at hand.(if so, there has been no saying of it) He wanted to destroy it himself, so I'm pretty sure he's not going to be happy with Pain after this. But, I'm certain even he'll be surprised, when and if he sees it in this condition. WhenEVER he actually gets back into the manga. =/

I guess that is true. But you can't really blame him for being that way considering his life was. He was really too young to understand anything when it happened. And that must have confused him, and made him a deranged person. I think it makes him more realistic in a sense.

Can anyone say that they wouldn't feel that way if all of their loved ones were taken away? And at such a young age at that.
Old 2009-01-09, 04:11   Link #259
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Itachi is a real man.

The responsibility he put on himself while paying the ultimate price is something his brother could learn for a change.

Too bad he's dead now. It hasn't really sunk in yet I guess, but it had to happen.

Now the only one left who could be a force for good among the Uchiha is Sasuke so we'll see if the little punk grows up or not.
Old 2009-01-09, 08:31   Link #260
Josh Uzumaki

Quote:
wow take a breath lol
what i dont understand is, if sasuke could go into naruto's head, and supress Mr fox then why couldnt he just do that to good ol' eight tails.

If sharigan can only control/restrain kyuubi then i will be very disappointed as it gives sasuke yet another advan agains Uzumaki, which he doesnt need.

also Itachi was probably the greatest nin around he had respect, and knew about sacrifice for the greater good, something jealous lilttle sasuke will never understand

Last edited by Josh Uzumaki; 2009-01-09 at 08:32. Reason: lol itachi ftw
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote