AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-27, 14:40   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bus Gamer

Genre: hmmmm.... simulation game

Expected Release Date: Spring 2008

Animation Production: Studio Izena

This is an unfinished manga created by Minekura Kazuya. The manga currently exists in a single volume. The mangaka apparently promises that she will give the story a closure eventually. When she will get around to it is anyone's guess. I became interested in it after reading the synopsis along with the odd title Bus Gamer. The "Bus" here is the shorthand version for "Business" or at least that's my guess after reading the synopsis. The synopsis in the following is taken from Answers:
An illegal dog-fight conducted in strict secrecy, the Bus Game is a battle simulation game where gamers are selected by various corporations to compete three-on-three on a battleground which is usually inside Tokyo. The teams are divided into "HOME" and "AWAY". The "HOME" team is given a disk containing their corporation's secret files to protect while the "AWAY" team attempts to steal the disk. The "AWAY" team wins if they are able to steal the disk within the given time limit where the "HOME" team wins if they are able to keep their disk safe.

The game information and details are distributed to the gamers via mini-disk. The businesses participating in the Bus Game wager large amounts of money on each game, watching the action from a distance. In other words, the Bus Games is a gambling pass-time in which the gamers are pawns for their amusement.

In exchange for putting their lives at stake, the gamers stand to gain large amount of money, through their contracts and through winning each match of the Bus Game.

When three complete strangers, Mishiba Toki, Nakajyo Nobuto and Saitoh Kazuo, are hired by a corporation to compete in the Bus Game, they are given the team code of "Team AAA" (Triple Anonymous). This group of three who differ entirely from their living environment and values to protect each other’s lives --- but without mutually wiping out their mistrust of each other or prying into each other's privacy, it would be the worst sort of teamwork, conflicting in every way. They only have one point in common, simply that each of them need a large amount of money for their individual circumstances. And to get the large monetary award, they must play in the game despite their very own lives being at stake.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 20:13   Link #2
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Whoa they are making an anime out of this ? I've read the manga last year. I never expected they would make an anime out of it. It's quite interesting... Too bad only 1 volume of the manga exist
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 08:21   Link #3
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Yoroshiku will be doing this.
Old 2008-02-09, 13:37   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

ANN
Quote:
According to Anime News Network, the production company Frontier Works had announced that an anime adaptation of the Bus Gamer manga is currently planned for a release in 2008. The anime will feature artwork by Kazuya Minekura, and she will also continue the story and supervise the scripts and productions. The anime project will be directed by Naoyuki Kuzuya (storyboard artist for some of the Shuffle! and XXXHolic episodes).

I have read/browsed the first volume of manga I wuv teh Author . Finally Kazuya Minekura other works are made into an anime . The best thing about Kazuya is even if you dont watch it for the substance you can always watch it for art . Her art is exquisite and one of a kind . I am really delighted , did I mention Kazuya is my favorite Manga Ka : D

Here is a Bus Gamer wall from Kazuya's official site Nitro (clicky)

Old 2008-03-15, 05:24   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I guess I am the first to watch this

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 05:53   Link #6
Oppius
Banned

I afraid this show might have some yaoi undertones but at least I'm quite interested with this show since I liked Gensomaden Saiyuki.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 21:15   Link #7
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah! Sanzo, Goku and Cho are back.

What yaoi? There's a girl in the OP and another girl is somewhere else in ep. 1.
Old 2008-03-18, 04:44   Link #8
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku Send a message via Skype™ to Koroku
So yeah, timed the second half of the episode... and was not very impressed.

It seemed quite dull overall, nothing super special. Here's to hoping ep2 is better.
Old 2008-03-26, 02:30   Link #9
viny
a new otaku

preciction

From what it looks like it'll be..
Sayuki styled bishounen+ lower than Death Note tactics

3 episodes, seems like a good watch
Old 2008-03-31, 05:26   Link #10
Tiberium Wolf

Crap... that glasses dude is totally useless! It doesn't make sense why they picked him.
Old 2008-03-31, 09:28   Link #11
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A huge thank you to Shinsen Subs for picking up such a niche series . Seeing the cold reception Kazuya's Saiyuki OVAS got I was wondering if the Bus Gamer subbed would see the light of day . So thank you once again .I just finished downloading the series I cant watch it till afternoon but thanks to this my Monday blues have gone away : )
Old 2008-03-31, 09:45   Link #12
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
A huge thank you to Shinsen Subs for picking up such a niche series . Seeing the cold reception Kazuya's Saiyuki OVAS got I was wondering if the Bus Gamer subbed would see the light of day . So thank you once again .I just finished downloading the series I cant watch it till afternoon but thanks to this my Monday blues have gone away : )
I too had been wondering if anyone would sub this series, so I'd like to repeat that thanks....

Whilst episode one isn't going to blow anyone away, its an enjoyable enough show that works despite its potentially hokey, sleazy premise. I really like the introduction of the young blonde kid who is obviosuly a little out of his league here....it softens out the characterisations and provides some good plot interest even though he's obviously a bad choice for the game. I'm thinking that in episodes 2 or 3 he's going to prove to have some hidden, invaluable talent afterall.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 14:06   Link #13
orion

Well he proves himself slightly useful later on. This series is violent. I haven't seen a pipe used in a title in a while.
Old 2008-03-31, 16:50   Link #14
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Crap... that glasses dude is totally useless! It doesn't make sense why they picked him.
thats what i was thinking but yeah he is gona be just pwn in some event while almost costing the group all the matches like this one. I hate those kind of chars lets hope the person slips while holding that item and yeah something good for the team happens.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 01:21   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it a lot . I have to agree on the glasses guy I too believe he will shine when time is right .What I enjoyed most about the show Chain Smoking sadly its not Marlboro for this show
Old 2008-04-01, 07:23   Link #16
orion

Maybe his forte is in electronic surveillance and computer hacking. He is shown holding a camcorder in the OP.
Old 2008-04-01, 08:27   Link #17
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I was so unimpressed by this, the characters seem bland and the plot leaves much to be desired. i dig the animation style not bad but could be better. Ill stick with the other 2 episodes before i pass complete judgment but so far nothing to get worked up over.
Old 2008-04-01, 08:38   Link #18
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
my yaoi sensor give me a reading over 9000.

they could have at least try to not copypaste character from sayuki.
story might be good but the simplefact that the charadesign gives me the shiver and the covers relies on some ambigious characters (read fake gay character) to appeal the girlfanbase completely kills this anime.
Old 2008-04-01, 10:19   Link #19
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

lol i saw this show and i'm almost completely disappointed.

The glasses guy probably ranks as one of the most annoying anime characters of all time.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:39   Link #20
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
lol i saw this show and i'm almost completely disappointed.

The glasses guy probably ranks as one of the most annoying anime characters of all time.
If only reverse figure 8 bitch slapping through a screen were possible i would have slapped the &*%$ out him.