AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-01, 13:52   Link #21
Ninjamasta

Just saw epd. 1 and I would say...this is all too plain to beging with. Character has nothing interesting to hook me in.
I see it as a below average action anime, and to top it off, the story line is kinda lame, or should I say unreal. It's still too soon to put on my judgement as for now, maybe later episodes might have something good in it.
Old 2008-04-01, 14:38   Link #22
Lucipher

Wow crazy looks like almost everyone wants that guy Dead. Lol why do animes always have to have 1 lamer. We are talking about a compnay here and they get that lamer? it will be an a lot better Anime if he was dead and someone else took his place.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 16:36   Link #23
SinsI

Hmm, so far the most interesting character is that youngest guy - I bet he's not as simple as he looks.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 17:49   Link #24
IHaveCrayons

Animation was ok. I went in to this not expecting too much and found that it's not bad overall. If they manage to pull out an engaging story it'll be good.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 11:50   Link #25
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Saw episode one and

Spoiler for . . .:
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 00:53   Link #26
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
If only reverse figure 8 bitch slapping through a screen were possible i would have slapped the &*%$ out him.
Haha, I almost threw my shoe at the screen. HATE that type of characters with passion, he's going to be a reason why I probably will never finish this anime. I hear its only 3 episodes though???
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 00:33   Link #27
Lucipher

Ok saw EPS i want that Baka even more dead then befor yeah he is totally killing this show.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 05:22   Link #28
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

awww I still maintain that this show is good honest (re: sorta violent) fun. Just finished ep.2 and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first; I'm kind of sad that this is only going to be 3 episodes. No many people seem to care for it though so I doubt we'll ever get any more!

Glasses dude is still being an idiot and causing trouble, though he did show some positive qualities in this episode. He cracks me up actually, I think he provides some much needed humour that stops this show being just another macho actioner.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 11:11   Link #29
FuzzyWuzzy

They are really not trying to make the characters interesting. The anime is trying to appeal to the curiosity of the viewers watching it. If the writers want us to get hooked on the chars, they would have already told us their situations and why they are trying to get 1 billion dollars in the first episode. However, they are trying to appeal to our curiosity rather than creating chars that hold our interest because they have great charming personality, ultra cool motives and super duper melancholy child hood days.

However seeing the parents or relatives of that red haired guy hanging is kind of interesting plus it has the whole yaoi kind of feeling when he was hugging his friend or brother. The keychain also is interesting which makes my spider sense tingle. It's like something that the genshiken ogiue would create in a doujinshi.
Old 2008-04-08, 11:12   Link #30
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
awww I still maintain that this show is good honest (re: sorta violent) fun. Just finished ep.2 and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first; I'm kind of sad that this is only going to be 3 episodes. No many people seem to care for it though so I doubt we'll ever get any more!

Glasses dude is still being an idiot and causing trouble, though he did show some positive qualities in this episode. He cracks me up actually, I think he provides some much needed humour that stops this show being just another macho actioner.
Only 3 episodes? That's probably why people don't really want to watch it.
Old 2008-04-08, 11:22   Link #31
aorta

At least they didn't drag out every single match for 52 episodes. It only being 3 episodes is a plus with this type of story. A movie version would be nice too.

Can't wait for episode 3; if they can wrap it all up this will a nice little series.
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 12:07   Link #32
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Isn't the manga ongoing? I thought that this was a taste of the manga.
Old 2008-04-08, 12:32   Link #33
Echoes

I watched episode one and don't really know what to think. While I didn't love it, I certainly didn't hate it either. I think if you just enjoy it for what it is and don't except it to be some kind of masterpiece, it'll be a decent experience.

It's moving rather fast, but that's of course to be expected when the show's only going to be three episodes long. I agree with the people who said the characters are a bit plain, and again, three episodes doesn't leave a lot of room for characterization, but I hope we'll get some interesting peeks into their backstory somewhere along the line.
Old 2008-04-09, 01:41   Link #34
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I've seen two episodes and it's rather fail.
I guess I'll catch the third just because it'll be over then.
Old 2008-04-10, 19:10   Link #35
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well now I know why its fast frowarding through everything now...3 episodes only.

Ah well doubt it'd get a whole lot better with a full season...For a show about something as brutal as street fighting alot of the look of the show is too glossed over. They made some attempts at grit with some of the BG's, but overall the atmosphere just isnt there for me...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:33   Link #36
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I think I am going to watch ep 2 and 3 at once . As its only 3 ep I dont mind waiting
Old 2008-04-11, 03:59   Link #37
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Saw episode one and

Spoiler for . . .:
I agree. He was totally crushing on Mishiba.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 05:33   Link #38
SinsI

Hmm, just finished watching episode 3. If this was really the final episode than it is the most open-ended anime ever. Any news on continuation of the story?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 07:07   Link #39
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i would hope not... i m waiting for battle programer shirase S2 with more impatience that a S2 for this...
Old 2008-04-21, 08:08   Link #40
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Felt like an appetizer to a full course. It barely felt like a series (even OVA calibur since it wasn't animated all that well).

I think the plot had some beef, which is a shame because it ended without being able to take off. And the lack of budget was very obvious. That flame...
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote