AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2008-01-28, 05:33   Link #1
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Best romance manga

Best romance manga:

Chocolat- I liked this story about a 16-year old schoolgirl falling in love with a 28-year old gangster. The art style is clean and well-detailed. The panels flowed well, too.

Home- it is about a Japanese samurai and a Spanish maiden in a story that takes place in 16th century. I find this conflicted and awkward romance between Koujirou and Maria very enduring and sweet.

REC- I liked the manga better than the anime because the manga provides longer story, more fanservice and more in-depth relationship of Aka Onda and Fumihiko Matsumaru. I also liked the artwork.

Gakuen Heaven- No, I'm not talking about the yaoi manga. I am talking about the manga with the pairing of teachers who used to be childhood friends. It has plenty of perversions, fanservice and ecchiness which suited my tastes rather well..

Oku-sama wa Joshi Kousei - the plot premise about a schoolgirl being married to her teacher was well executed and the story has paced well with a good sense of drama. Besides I also find the ecchi art style to be very beautiful and gorgeous.

School of Water Business I like the concept in this manga. I find the pairing of a teacher and a student to be interesting. I also like the love triangle between a teacher, a female student and a male student.

Suki ni Natte mo Ii- it was pretty exciting and angsty soap opera romance manga

Arcana-- the romance relationship between the human detective and a spirit girl was well-written in a sweet way and full of suspense. The artwork is crisp, clean and well-drawn.

Bad Teacher, Good Darling (Ikenai Teacher, Iketeru Darling)- it is short but sweet ecchi romance manga. The story was both amusing and romantic.

Sensei- was a good romance manga. Although the art style was rather unpolished, the pace and feel for drama was neat and consistent. I also liked the relationship between Hibiki-chan and Itou-sensei. I wonder why it hadn't been animated yet?

Otona no Jikan-- it was another good romance story about student falling in love with a teacher.

Kodomo no Jikan- it was a very awesome and entertaining romance comedy anime. It also brings out a lot of laughs. It has such cute and feminine loli girls like Kokonoe Rin. I also liked Kaworu's crisp, sharp and well-detailed art style and her panel-to-panel flow is great as well. In addition, the fashion designs and character designs are very pleasant for me.

Strawberry and Chocolate (Ichigo and Chocolate) is a one-shot manga full of comedy, romance and angst about a girl having difficulties in a turbulent relationship with a stiff boorish man.

Chocolate Cosmos-- I've read only three chapters but it had enough promise to be a great romance manga.

Sukinara Sukitte Ieyo-- it was a short-lived but kawaii and sweet romance manga

Last edited by stelok; 2008-01-28 at 16:22. Reason: minor edits
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 07:16   Link #2
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Your ichigo and chocolate seems to habeen a different one to what i read. The one i have that was only patialy scanlated by ED before they closed.

Thats a story about a high school girl who works for a ero novel writer, falls in love with him, and tries to win him. He sleeps around to get a feel for the girls he uses in his novels, but can't sleep with her because he likes her, and thus can't get it up >.<

Also it ran for two volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken from ANN
Alternative title:
Strawberries and Chocolate
苺とチョコレート (Japanese)

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo

Plot Summary: Ami is a typical high school girl who has a particular interest in brand name apparels and accessories. After saving enough money to buy her favorite Louis Vuitton handbag, however, a handsome man bought the last item just a few step in front of her. She followed him to a publishing company and overheard the conversation between this man (who apparently is a writer) and his managing editor complaining his hard-to-recognize handwriting. Being a good typewriter, Ami volunteered to retype his manuscript in exchange of the right to buy the LV bag second hand from this Kyosuke Tatara, a popular erotic novelist and notorious womanizer.

Number of tankoubon: 2

Vintage: 1999
Gotta have love monster on that list as well, awesome series being done by Shoujo Magic
Old 2008-01-28, 16:14   Link #3
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Your ichigo and chocolate seems to habeen a different one to what i read. The one i have that was only patialy scanlated by ED before they closed.

Thats a story about a high school girl who works for a ero novel writer, falls in love with him, and tries to win him. He sleeps around to get a feel for the girls he uses in his novels, but can't sleep with her because he likes her, and thus can't get it up >.<

Also it ran for two volume
No, that was the same manga I had read. It seems I have made my summary more vague than I had thought. Perhaps I should have added the more specific descriptions "ero novel writer" and "high schoolgirl" in my summary

I had no idea that it ran for two volumes.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote