AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 19:00   Link #1
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Problem with my new computer

Ok so this is how it goes, I got my new comp just today and I tried to download a BitClient called BitTorrent. I then tried to download a file when all of a sudden, I can't even connect to my internet. I thought something was wrong... So then I download Azeureus and tried to download a file again and it gave me a similar problem. Help?

My OS system is Vista
Don't know where to check for firewall =X
Never had this problem with my old comp
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 21:32   Link #2
bigbob_75056
Howdy!!!

well note vista is tough to figure out...i had it but went back to xp...to check your firewall go to control panel then scroll down to firewall settings...you can either have none or click the tab exceptions next to general and look for bitcommet click that then go back to general tab and choose on with exceptions...

also note that antivirus software like norton you have to do the same thing...i use norton so i can help you with that...let me know if this helps...its a start...
Old 2008-02-19, 12:21   Link #3
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Ok so this is how it goes, I got my new comp just today and I tried to download a BitClient called BitTorrent. I then tried to download a file when all of a sudden, I can't even connect to my internet. I thought something was wrong... So then I download Azeureus and tried to download a file again and it gave me a similar problem. Help?

My OS system is Vista
Don't know where to check for firewall =X
Never had this problem with my old comp
Have you tried turning your firewall off first? I heard a lot of people actually had this problem after Vista was installed on their PC.
Old 2008-02-19, 13:47   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

The problem is likely the Vista Firewall. There may be one other issue, though. Did your new computer completely replace your old one, or is the old one still around and being used? If you're using a router, did you change your network setup to accommodate both computers?
Old 2008-02-19, 13:57   Link #5
Rembr

If everything else is working, and that you were able to get onto the internet beforehand, the problem is likely the firewall blocking that program.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote