AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 16:58   Link #1
Holy Sehshi

i need help

Hi,
i'm want to make my own vid's. From an Online Game.
recording it with Fraps and i'm useing Sony Vegas 7 for processing the records.

But now i have a problem, the size! for 11 mins video 230 mb size.

and then i watched an anime, 25 mins and 170 mb and i want to have the same size in my videos.

So can someone help me with this problem?
Holy Sehshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 17:25   Link #2
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

It depends what coding your using, resolution of file as well as fps and what bitrate you choose with it.

Best thing to do is to look up a Xvid/H264 encoding guide imo. Encoding is quite hard. And to produce a file that has about the same size-quality ratio as anime encodes will require quite some knowledge about coding and terms that comes with it. You can give it a try with the this guide. I used that one a long time ago to learn basics about encoding. The guide is quite old and is only covering Xvid. But at that time of reading if found it quite a good guide.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 08:59   Link #3
Holy Sehshi

thanks,
but i'm useing an h.264 codec (MainConcept) and i'm still got the problem with the size ^^

the resolution is 800x600 after the encoding. before 1280x800. i'm useing that resolution in the game.
Holy Sehshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 09:21   Link #4
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Sehshi View Post
thanks,
but i'm useing an h.264 codec (MainConcept) and i'm still got the problem with the size ^^

the resolution is 800x600 after the encoding. before 1280x800. i'm useing that resolution in the game.
No matter what you do with it, 1280x800 downsized is 800x500. Not 600. Or your deforming/changing aspect ratio. 1280x800 is widescreen (16:10), and 800x600 is 4:3.

But aside from that, the coding issue. As for the codec. The one your using is fine. I can only assume your using a to high bitrate. How does your current encode look to you? Does it look good? if so lower the bitrate. Higher bitrate contributes to bigger file sizes. Make use of 1st pass and 2nd pass to optimize the use of bitrate. I can't tell much about the optimal settings for H.264 encoding myself as my knowledge about encoding is quite limited. I can only suggest you to google for H.264 encoding guide. I'm fairly sure there are some on Doom9 site.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 16:13   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I've done some encoding with H.264. I converted video from a VHS to a digital file and set the "quality" to be around 40%, and couldn't tell a difference between that and a test encode that I did with the quality at 60%. Since you're capturing video within your computer, you may want to consider doing an encode quality of 50-60%, but anything higher would probably be overkill. If you have it set to 100% or even in the 90's, then that's big-time overkill and I'm not terribly surprised that the file is quite large. If you have time, experiment with the quality to see how it is.

If your program doesn't let you adjust quality by percentages, then it probably does it by bitrate. I've ripped some of my DVDs in H.264 and set the program to go at an average bitrate of 1000 kbps (I also used multipass). The quality was excellent and the filesizes were really nice - under 2 GB for a full-length movie. Experiment and see how it is.