AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 75 42.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 22.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 21.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 11.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.14%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-04, 09:06   Link #281
benji000
You are not Gundam

Looks like this is getting personal for Graham, hope he gets too own at least one throne gundam in the future. So now we find out that CB's true goal is not the eradication of war, i hope is not another stupid world domination scheme or destroying the world thing.

PS: lol at setsuna's first kiss.
Old 2008-02-04, 09:13   Link #282
allenephilim88

Maybe I'm getting too many GW vibes here. Remember White Fang when they got hold of the Libra?? Zechs was trying to create something like "The mother of all wars". We still don't know CBs real goals but it could be possible they are doing something similar.
allenephilim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 10:44   Link #283
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The plot thinkens

So after watching episode 17 I have come to a couple of conclusions.

The Trinity siblings are unstable Nene kissing Setsuna and telling him he shouldnt make her angry WTF she is not stable not to mention she managed to get in Veda and god knows what she has done, im thinking she changed some info to either monitor Vadar's predictions or changed some programming to get Vadar to work in her and her brothers favor. Luckily Sumeregi caught on and didnt enter certain info into Vadar. Then we have the 2nd brother who just really need meds hes blood thirsty and the first thing he does is pull a knife on Setsuna again WTF. The only normal one seems to be Johan but you know what they say about the quiet ones. The attack on American base was a slaughter and its obvious that someone has been paying attention to some snooping the good doctors were doing. This was not a intervention this was an assassination. The fact that they are going to carry out their own interventions is going to put them on a direct confrontation with the original Meisters. With this new attack and more violent and brutal interventions public opinion will fall for C.B.

My theory on where the Throne units came from as well as the Trinities has to do with what we saw 80 years ago. When the team arrived most of the saved data was already taken except for the Horo unit. I think that internally C.B. has been split into 2 factions or there is a second group which claims to of C.B. but are not. Whoever is giving the Trinity siblings order has to be someone who inherited the data from 80 years ago as C.B. probably consist of the researchers from the Jupiter space station that went missing. Whatever is going on sooner rather than later are we going to see a huge falling out. I predict we will see eventually the mastermind behind the Thrones putting his plan into action which will contradict with the original Meisters eventually seeing them joining forces with the big 3 nations. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Next episode Setsuna abondons Gundam? If thats true and he has lost faith in C.B. I wonder who he will go too im thinking at some point he will make his way Marina. Plus it looks like we will see Louise's tragedy as im sure because of something the Thrones did she loses her parents. Maybe now we will see what role her and Saiji are to play. I wonder if somehow someway given that Setsuna is his neighbor will they end in C.B. somehow. I cant imagine them not having somewhat of a bigger role. They cant just be side characters for like 50 episodes.

Weakness of Throne Zwei

I think have a weakness in Throne Zwei's defensive capabilities. But i want to rewatch the scene again to be sure. But here are some theories iv thought up about of it. Zwei's fangs are indeed deadly but that the flag pilots showed me something interesting there is a delay when the Fangs miss. Granted they travel at high speed but Graham managed to dodge several of them. Even though that other pilot got himself killed for being retarded he did show that there is gap. It would take 2 mobile suits with high velocity speed and two seasoned pilots but it is possible to get close enough for a good strike at the cockpit with beam sword. Zwei does not seemed to be equipped with anything that impressive in terms of close range combat. Plus if we take the pilots personality into play hes very overconfident and eccentric both which can deadly in a fight.

For example Graham and that human solider girl and Setuna were a team the first 2 could be used and decoy to lure the Fangs and engage in a high speed battle during the time when the Fangs are at the max range. Setuna and Exia could get close enough to land a finishing blow it would all be about timing. Plus I suspect that the Fangs can not stay operation forever im sure at some point they have to return Zwei not to mention they have to have a max range. Like i said this is only what i have seen so far and i want to watch the scene again to get more info. I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-02-04 at 10:55.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 13:01   Link #284
Rampage

Good episode. I like the Throne units but their pilots are pretty aggravating. Not to mention I'm pretty curious about what Aifman found out before he got vaporized. Should be very interesting.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 13:37   Link #285
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched the Shinsen subs of Episode 17.

Well, I didn't think I would say it...but it's getting interesting. They just threw in an unknown factor in the form of the Thrones...how's it going to go from here on?

I'm feeling good today, so this gets an 8.
This after you said it was an overrated series that was starting to ripoff Evangelion and that was skimping on animation quality? Hmm, well whatever, I guess we all say things we come to retract. It's always good when you see people come around to something, especially when you thought they were starting to get put off.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 14:36   Link #286
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
HRL's eugenics program was not specifically designed against Gundams.
Unlike HRL's eugenics program, Union’s “OverFlag” operation was a response against the Gundam threat.
Eugenics? I was under the impression that it involved genetic and cybernetic enhancements to assist in the development of colonies. I don't recall the HRL killing off weaklings or encouraging selective breeding within their populace.

If anything this is more on par with Halo's Spartan II program.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 16:08   Link #287
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Eugenics? I was under the impression that it involved genetic and cybernetic enhancements to assist in the development of colonies. I don't recall the HRL killing off weaklings or encouraging selective breeding within their populace.

If anything this is more on par with Halo's Spartan II program.
Not even that. The Halo Spartan Program enhancements had a fatality rate of some high doubledigit rate. The nanomachines that even the Celestial Being members have have no such rate, while there is not indication that the mistakes of the HRL program cause the subjects to be cripples in any way.

Besides, the HRL's culture seems to be about reforming humanity both physically and mentally. Their combat masks that everyone wears aren't just for looks, you know.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:14   Link #288
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

For people who had played Command and conquer Tiberian Dawn, was anyone getting flashbacks of when Kane getting hit by the Ion cannon when the Prof got vaporised?

So if we're lucky then the Prof will not die and will come back with a mask hiding massive burns.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:38   Link #289
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
For people who had played Command and conquer Tiberian Dawn, was anyone getting flashbacks of when Kane getting hit by the Ion cannon when the Prof got vaporised?

So if we're lucky then the Prof will not die and will come back with a mask hiding massive burns.
I dont think there's a mask anywhere that can hide what happened to the professor. lol!

(places mask on the ashes of the Prof. Yep, that should take care of it)
Old 2008-02-04, 18:39   Link #290
Terra

No chance. If he wasn't killed by the blast (highly unlikely) then the fall of the tower would have finished the job.
Old 2008-02-04, 20:33   Link #291
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji000 View Post
Looks like this is getting personal for Graham, hope he gets too own at least one throne gundam in the future. So now we find out that CB's true goal is not the eradication of war, i hope is not another stupid world domination scheme or destroying the world thing.

PS: lol at setsuna's first kiss.
Yea i get that feeling aas well....well hopefully kira won't come and aim bot everyone to death(kira fan here)

Setsuna disappointed me but that's a crazy chick.
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 20:58   Link #292
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Good episode. I like the Throne units but their pilots are pretty aggravating. Not to mention I'm pretty curious about what Aifman found out before he got vaporized. Should be very interesting.
1. I think that during the Jupiter mission there were 2 projects running side by side. One project produced the Solar furnaces on the first 4 Gundams and the other produced the furnace for thrones. This can explain the different GN particle affect. Apon further research it was discovered that the GN emission from the second project was unstable or dangerous in some way. I think that there was a revolt on the ship between the two research teams. Back on earth the majority of CB chose the first projects Furnace design with the latter supporter being disbanned of killed. The ones who escaped death sent a recon mission to recover data from the project. On arrival they found most of the data gone but found "evil" haro which the survivers of the revolt loaded data on to. They started to produce the furnaces from the data unknown to CB. The intentions of the second CB faction would be to undermine CB and/or use manipulate them to achieve their goals and at some point kill the main CB faction.

2. Most of the stuff above is true with the acception: Upon the recon mission most of the data was gone but some remained on the evil haro. However some key information of technology was missing but they were able to find a alternate that would subsitute. By doing this they could achieve a higher GN output but there is some aspect of danger to producing GN particles this way(not sure what)
Old 2008-02-04, 21:04   Link #293
Lendial

i wish they gave johan pants instead of those shorts shorts and a belly shirt. to top it off he gets to wear the long sleeved shirt.

they are dropping union flags like flies, i think daryl is next to be throned.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 21:14   Link #294
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Don't forget Paptimus Scirroco from Zeta Gundam was from Jupiter. That's where the Jupiter Energy Fleet and later the Jupiter Empire was based. The purpose of the JEF was to collect Helium 3 and bring it back to the Earth Sphere where it was the key ingredient used in the Minovsky Fusion Reactor (What all U.C Mobile Suits run off of). The Jupiter revelation basically just makes me think more that GN Particles=Minovsky Particles in this universe.
yep , i'm beginning to see the pattern here . with the Minovsky particles .
I wonder if that basically also means that shooting a Gundam in the core will result in that awesome huge nuclear explosion like those they had fun doing in Gundam V , assuming of course that the core of a Gundam is nuclear powered and cooled down with the GN particles .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Another Flag pilot dies (howard) because he decides to go all rambo against a gundam again .
Christina seems to have a thing for Johann it seems . Preview for 18 looks hot . Hope Graham (?) puts up a good fight.

PS : After what happened to the professor , Saji's sister odds of surviving dropped A LOT .
lol , well there is only one John rambo..and he wouldn't even need a mecha to take down a gundam

also , if they Kill Saji's sister , I stop watching this show ! >_<
well maybe not ....but yeah... I don't really see her surviving .
Maybe that's where Saji will come in to have something to actually do in this show beside being Setsuna's neighboor >_>
Old 2008-02-04, 22:35   Link #295
chrisbad726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
yep , i'm beginning to see the pattern here . with the Minovsky particles .
I wonder if that basically also means that shooting a Gundam in the core will result in that awesome huge nuclear explosion like those they had fun doing in Gundam V , assuming of course that the core of a Gundam is nuclear powered and cooled down with the GN particles .

lol , well there is only one John rambo..and he wouldn't even need a mecha to take down a gundam

also , if they Kill Saji's sister , I stop watching this show ! >_<
well maybe not ....but yeah... I don't really see her surviving .
Maybe that's where Saji will come in to have something to actually do in this show beside being Setsuna's neighboor >_>
i had the feeling he will later play a bigger role since he first appeared.
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:55   Link #296
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I hope , I can see him as one of the main antagonist .
Old 2008-02-04, 23:07   Link #297
X207
Gamyūsa

lol nena sure isnt a lacus, i never wouldve thought that she'd kiss setsuna upon seeing him. she reminds me of flay alster except shes funny annoying and unnevervingly creepy/cold hearted all at the same time. i sure as hell dont want to get on nena's bad side . micheal is cool, he reminds me of shani using the forbidden. thats was quite interesting to hear about the jupiter connection. i hope the MS tech spills the beans on the throne inspection in ep 18.

im surprised that they got on CB1 nerves upon first meeting, setsuna, tieria the bridge crew etc etc.

johann sure was brutal with that shot so was the death of the flag.

i very much look forward to ep 18.

@divine gundam, wat you posted reall does make sense
Quote:
1. I think that during the Jupiter mission there were 2 projects running side by side. One project produced the Solar furnaces on the first 4 Gundams and the other produced the furnace for thrones. This can explain the different GN particle affect. Apon further research it was discovered that the GN emission from the second project was unstable or dangerous in some way. I think that there was a revolt on the ship between the two research teams. Back on earth the majority of CB chose the first projects Furnace design with the latter supporter being disbanned of killed. The ones who escaped death sent a recon mission to recover data from the project. On arrival they found most of the data gone but found "evil" haro which the survivers of the revolt loaded data on to. They started to produce the furnaces from the data unknown to CB. The intentions of the second CB faction would be to undermine CB and/or use manipulate them to achieve their goals and at some point kill the main CB faction.

2. Most of the stuff above is true with the acception: Upon the recon mission most of the data was gone but some remained on the evil haro. However some key information of technology was missing but they were able to find a alternate that would subsitute. By doing this they could achieve a higher GN output but there is some aspect of danger to producing GN particles this way(not sure what)
Old 2008-02-04, 23:27   Link #298
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Actually the only two that got really PO'd were Setsuna and Tieria. Christina seemed rather fond of Johann and Lockon seemed rather curious about purple haro.

If it wasn't for Michael spewing bad mabbar all over the place, things woulda gone a lot better but the guy is always itching for a fight.
Old 2008-02-04, 23:42   Link #299
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Actually the only two that got really PO'd were Setsuna and Tieria. Christina seemed rather fond of Johann and Lockon seemed rather curious about purple haro.

If it wasn't for Michael spewing bad mabbar all over the place, things woulda gone a lot better but the guy is always itching for a fight.
true, but for the most part the thrones squad didnt excatly get put on that short list of allies you can count to always back you up.

the following screencap is 10x more creepier than halleujah killing that tieren. worst part is that she then become energetic like nothing ever happened right after *shudders*. for all that creepiness i find nena the most interestng character after hallelujah on pretty much all of the gundam series ive ever seen.
Old 2008-02-05, 00:01   Link #300
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
lol nena sure isnt a lacus, i never wouldve thought that she'd kiss setsuna upon seeing him. she reminds me of flay alster except shes funny annoying and unnevervingly creepy/cold hearted all at the same time. i sure as hell dont want to get on nena's bad side . micheal is cool, he reminds me of shani using the forbidden. thats was quite interesting to hear about the jupiter connection. i hope the MS tech spills the beans on the throne inspection in ep 18.

im surprised that they got on CB1 nerves upon first meeting, setsuna, tieria the bridge crew etc etc.

johann sure was brutal with that shot so was the death of the flag.

i very much look forward to ep 18.

@divine gundam, wat you posted reall does make sense

Thanks....what ever happen with CB it happened on that ship there was a split and one side thought the other had been eliminated. Also the thrones don't seem all that impressive or at least the pilots.(Miheal is a bad pilot) However the GN output on the thrones is far greater than even Virtue.