AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 36.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 13.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-08, 18:07   Link #181
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkon View Post
Why would he think otherwise though? Like you said as far as he is concerned she isn't interested in him but she does like #4 and so in his mind, telling her that #4 thinks she's cute would be something that'd please her. Perfectly understandable IMO

And besides I'd hardly call what Shin did blackmail That's taking things a bit far.
He is simple minded to think so
Besides if he does have an interest in hiromi, one would not go and "push" her further away by saying such things. The fact that he was dumb enough to realise that he made a mistake to tell number 4 to go out with hiromi in exchange but still intended to set them up from hiromi's side is just madness

I say it's blackmail. He basically saying that he would go out with noe if he goes out with hiromi *bonks on head*

Number 4 is more than happy to comply XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, the description of the episode said that he mentioned Jun going with hiromi just for the sake of showing how ridiculous his request was. He didn't think it through and was not really his intention. He actually was venting his frustration about hiromi liking Jun.
His little plan backfired...what a kid
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 18:08   Link #182
Zanshun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Just a few more days till episode 6, that preview of Jun stroking his fingers through Hiromi's hair still haunts me from last week. Jun is a definite wildcard in all this as we know the least about him out of everyone and his actions and motives so far have been bewildering. But everyone seems to have a cold disposition to him already, labeling him a playboy or somebody who just uses people.

The moments with Noe have shown someone quite clever and caring, the lack of mention of parents but an emphasis on a grandmother, that he and Noe go to a supermarket tends to indicate that they are living alone and that Jun would be the guardian. I already disprove of him stroking Hiromi's hair and yes I'm bothered that he will go after Hiromi, even if he has good motives behind it in regards to Noe, the fact that he is false in his motives in regards to Hiromi is quite unfair. Hopefully he himself knows where the game begins and ends and he won't hurt Hiromi in any significant way (that means no theft of a first kiss), and that he'll live up to an optimistic view I can have for a him.

Just as Noe has been a catalyst for action for Hiromi towards Shin, hopefully Jun will act as a catalyst for Shin to act towards Hiromi, and frankly Shin is definitely the one who needs to take more action. He doesn't have the restraints that Hiromi has, the only thing really holding him back is himself, his doubts and his fears and current immaturity. He knows how his mom treats Hiromi, he clearly doesn't care what his mom thinks but regardless he stays behind the screen door, listening and knowing and doing nothing. Hopefully he wakes up and makes an effort to comfort Hiromi before she falls into Jun's grasp.

Last edited by Zanshun; 2008-02-08 at 18:20.
Zanshun is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 19:40   Link #183
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
At every crux moment up to this point, Shin has pretty much always done what would reasonably be expected of him. It's the central pillar of his nature. The critical moment for him will be when he's finally able to break free of his self-imposed shackles and do something downright surprising. Fighting hard (and openly) for Hiromi would certainly be an obvious candidate for such a moment.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 20:36   Link #184
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 24
Man after seeing ep 5 and preview they gave I have a suspicion #4 kisses Hiromi witch I hope does not happen.

I seriously would rather have Hiromi end up alone then end with #4.
__________________
UPR is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 21:12   Link #185
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Man after seeing ep 5 and preview they gave I have a suspicion #4 kisses Hiromi witch I hope does not happen.

I seriously would rather have Hiromi end up alone then end with #4.
Yea #4 gives off a really odd vibe I don't like it.

Hopefully Ai makes some progress this next episode. I'm pulling for her because she seems like the underdog and I kinda have wishy washy opinions on the other two girls.
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 21:47   Link #186
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Yea #4 gives off a really odd vibe I don't like it.

Hopefully Ai makes some progress this next episode. I'm pulling for her because she seems like the underdog and I kinda have wishy washy opinions on the other two girls.
I am rooting for Aiko too. though I know that deep inside she has almost not a chance. Of course this is anime and anything can happen in anime. So Aiko has like 10% chance of getting with Shin, Noe is at 20% and Hiromi is 70&.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 22:47   Link #187
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
So Aiko has like 10% chance of getting with Shin, Noe is at 20% and Hiromi is 70&.
The only variable with the Hiromi percent is Shin's Mother. And if my theory is right
Spoiler for my theory:

If it's right then I think the percentages shift more towards Noe.
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 23:05   Link #188
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
The only variable with the Hiromi percent is Shin's Mother. And if my theory is right
Spoiler for my theory:

If it's right then I think the percentages shift more towards Noe.
well, those percentages are just considering that Shin and Hiromi are not related.
anything beyond that is just theories!
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 23:12   Link #189
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, those percentages are just considering that Shin and Hiromi are not related.
anything beyond that is just theories!
Yea it'll be interesting to see how everything plays out. The theory I said (and I've seen other have the same idea) is defiantly a long shot. I can't wait till they explain why theres so much tension between the mom and Hiromi.

But I'd defiantly agree with your percentages as it stands right now. Poor Aiko :-(
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-02-08, 23:35   Link #190
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Yea it'll be interesting to see how everything plays out. The theory I said (and I've seen other have the same idea) is defiantly a long shot. I can't wait till they explain why theres so much tension between the mom and Hiromi.

But I'd defiantly agree with your percentages as it stands right now. Poor Aiko :-(
well, aiko percentage is so low because she has the deck stacked against her. Shin doesn't think of her that way because of nobuse.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 00:27   Link #191
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, aiko percentage is so low because she has the deck stacked against her. Shin doesn't think of her that way because of nobuse.
Never under estimate the power of the nasty
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Old 2008-02-09, 11:48   Link #192
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
For this episode I give it a 8.5/10 but rounded down to an 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I am rooting for Aiko too. though I know that deep inside she has almost not a chance. Of course this is anime and anything can happen in anime. So Aiko has like 10% chance of getting with Shin, Noe is at 20% and Hiromi is 70&.
We really are on the same page, even to the extent of having the same % brake down. Except I'm rooting for Hiromi instead of Aiko (who I like slightly better btw!) because I doubt she stands a chance.

I'll repost from the AnimeOnDVD thread what I think about the girls chances with some slight modifications here, sorry if I cover someone else's ground but I've only read the first 2 pages and this one.

Ai-chan is making her run way too early and has a "back up" in Nobuse, so even though I like her the best I think her chances are 10%. Though I must say I'm really looking forward to the upcoming drama in the next few episodes.

Noe I think is going to be more of a look how much we changed after we met each other type thing instead of a romantic partner. Shin somehow gives her his tears which allow her to cry again. Also her brother... is a massive wildcard ... 20%

We have actually heard what Hiromi and Shin think about each other in two conversations. Ignoring what they say and just typing what they think..

Shin from episode 4, "It's not use, I can't say something like this, You're the one I..., You're the one I..."

Hiromi from 5, "I can't believe this, busybody guys are but fools, you came into my room to tell em that!? You came into my room to tell me that".

So I'll rate Hiromi's chances at 70% which is up from 50% after episode 4. The wildcard for Hiromi is could she be related to Shin, while I thought this at first I don't tend to now. I think Shin's mother's hatred is more aimed at Hiromi's mother, which she's channeling through at Hiromi. I don't think Jun will be a factor, at least in terms of Hiromi transferring her affections from Shin to him. She might be quite taken by him for an epsiode or two but I think Jun will play a larger part with Noe more than anything else.

Looking forward to the next episode which should be the last one I'll be days behind... Australian broadband limits suck ass...
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-02-11, 14:20   Link #193
arkon
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
He is simple minded to think so
Besides if he does have an interest in hiromi, one would not go and "push" her further away by saying such things. The fact that he was dumb enough to realise that he made a mistake to tell number 4 to go out with hiromi in exchange but still intended to set them up from hiromi's side is just madness
I must be simpleminded too, I guess.

Quote:
I say it's blackmail. He basically saying that he would go out with noe if he goes out with hiromi *bonks on head*

Number 4 is more than happy to comply XD

His little plan backfired...what a kid
So if I said "If I scratch your back and ask you to scratch mine, what would you do?" I'm blackmailing you?

Because Shin did pretty much the same thing. He was stupid to come out with it but nonetheless blackmail is a tad strong for that situation. It's not just strong it's totally the wrong word for it.
arkon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.