AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-06, 11:56   Link #1
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
[Manga] Zetsu

So it has finally happened. All of the members of Akatsuki have been revealed to us, and we even know that Pein is not the true leader of the group. However, one surviving member still remains a mystery. Who or what is Zetsu, really? How did Tobi come to be his subordinate? Does he know Tobi is truly Uchiha Madara? Why was he the only member, besides Pein and Konan (leader and partner), to know this? What is with the two halves and two personalities? Is he two people fused into one, or is it mere split personality? We haven't seen him fight at all. Does he have any fighting abilities, or is he just a spy for the group? Even though we know who he is, we really don't know anything about him.

Personally, I think he's one of the strongest of the group, technique-wise. I'd almost go so far as to say that he ranks above Pein as far as order of command is concerned, though we and Pein might not fully know this yet. I hope he has battle skills, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn he's merely a spy. And as for the split personality (and distinct appearance), I'm starting to think he might be like Yamato; the one surviving specimen of a ridiculous and horrible genetic experiment.

Speculation though it may be, what do you all think of this last, truly unknown member? Like I said before; knowing his name isn't really knowing him at all. Anyone else out there have any interesting theories about the answers to these questions?
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-02-06 at 12:35.
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 14:52   Link #2
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Apart from any prowess of Zetsu in terms of skills, My main curiosity is simple, His Two personalities, Why is he like that? what is the effect it has on his fight? is this something normal of his species?, or he had a trauma as a child and hence created a split personality? (something like seen an entire crop of Lettuce been ravage by a plague from the Aburame clan).

One thing for sure, for me, Zetzu is the most grotesque figure of Akatsuki, a Plant like creature that one of his main functions is to eat corpses!


I doubt that he only serves as Spy, I he should have had Jinchurikies to catch, I guess he should be stronger than what we have seen from other Akatsuki.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 16:35   Link #3
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
So he hails from Kusagakure, and is one of the many freaks of Akatsuki...hmm so what could his jutsu styles be? I have tossed around the idea in my head that perhaps Zetsu will outlive/survive the other Akatsuki, simply because of his ability to camouflage himself in the earth. He hasn't done anything else, however I wonder what he's like when he's serious in combat (i.e. Deidara, Kakuzu, Pein) I wonder if there is more to him than meets the eye in that aspect. And is the venus flytrap extensions really apart of his body or is it just a fashion statement?
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 18:23   Link #4
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
I think, you/we forgot to mention one thing, he is the only member without a partner. That leands credibility to the theory that he has split personalities. I am just hoping he is not like Sakon or Jakon or Bakon, whatever the name(s) of the Sound Four member that fought Kiba was.

Quote:
or is it just a fashion statement?
That made me laugh. I always thought that the Venus-Flytrap was a sort of defensive measure. Like, the mouth could close and make his upper body impervious to attacks. Let us just hope his secrets, unlike all of there other fallen Akatsuki, are at least partially revealed before he wilts away and dies.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 18:38   Link #5
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 8
Seems like he is quite powerful since he survived so long. Wouldnt be surprised if he is more powerful than Itachi. From the whole crew of freaks in Akatsuki i think he is my favourite. The plant guy...
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 00:01   Link #6
itachi29al
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around
Zetsu is the only akatisuki member we have not seen in any sort of battle so he is a huge mystery. Although i dont think he is too strong, i think his primary use is spying. I also believe that he i not too useless in a battle and can probably take out most jounin.
__________________
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:44   Link #7
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I think, you/we forgot to mention one thing, he is the only member without a partner. That leands credibility to the theory that he has split personalities.
Ya know, I hadn't really thought of that, but it also adds credence to the point about him having Tobi as a sub-ordinate. Why is he the only one who gets subordinates, but doesn't have a partner? Originally, I thought it was because, following Oro's banishment from the group, there were only 9 members, so one of them would have to be without a partner, but why not Pein? After all, he's the leader; why can't he just sit behind the scenes and direct while the other eight collect the Bijuu's? I just think there's something about him that hasn't been revealed, but is something extremely significant. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that he's actually the strongest person in the group, or perhaps pulling all the strings somehow.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:52   Link #8
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Ya know, I hadn't really thought of that, but it also adds credence to the point about him having Tobi as a sub-ordinate. Why is he the only one who gets subordinates, but doesn't have a partner? Originally, I thought it was because, following Oro's banishment from the group, there were only 9 members, so one of them would have to be without a partner, but why not Pein? After all, he's the leader; why can't he just sit behind the scenes and direct while the other eight collect the Bijuu's? I just think there's something about him that hasn't been revealed, but is something extremely significant. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that he's actually the strongest person in the group, or perhaps pulling all the strings somehow.
You know, I hope you are correct, because we would then, at least, get away from the whole Uchiha deabcle and focus on a new uber villian that, again hopefully, has nothing to do with Konoha. Then again, he looks like a big leaf, so he will proably want to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village becuase the are a slight to his appearance, or something equally as crazy that all the anti-Konoha Shinobi seem to believe.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:19   Link #9
elusive
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
don't forget HE EATS PEOPLE.

i wanna know why and how he got a flytrap.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:35   Link #10
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Village Hidden in the Leaves
Age: 21
I found out that he is definitely from the grass village. Not leaf. Sorry that's all the input I have at the moment.

Last edited by Zaku Hyuga; 2008-02-07 at 23:34.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 01:50   Link #11
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
He makes me think of someone else...


Spoiler:
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:33   Link #12
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
He makes me think of someone else...


Spoiler:
That spoiler brings up yet another question in my mind; Do the two halves of Zetsu argue or differ in opinions? I know they debated each other when it came to Tobi joining (which I suspect was to mislead the readers anyway), but now it appears that the lighter half of Zetsu knows about Itachi's techniques, while the other half is in the dark (pun definitely intended). Does his brain work on two different wavelengths or something? How is it that he can separate thoughts and ideas into two separate entities that exist in one body? I don't think it's schizophrenia, since they can converse with one another, but I suppose I could be wrong.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:45   Link #13
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
I'm guessing that Zetsu was one of those members who was left in the dark about Madara being Tobi. I think Pein and Konan were the only exceptions, and Itachi of course.

I always just assumed that Zetsu was a schizo, don't know why he talks to himself but it makes no sense why he would have two distinctive separate halves. Idk I guess that'd be trying to explain Deidara's mouth palms or Kisame's shark-like appearance.
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:49   Link #14
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
I'm guessing that Zetsu was one of those members who was left in the dark about Madara being Tobi. I think Pein and Konan were the only exceptions, and Itachi of course.

I always just assumed that Zetsu was a schizo, don't know why he talks to himself but it makes no sense why he would have two distinctive separate halves. Idk I guess that'd be trying to explain Deidara's mouth palms or Kisame's shark-like appearance.
A fair point. Actually, when I re-read this thread, I realized that Rurik had speculated about this idea too. Zetsu is just so interesting right now, at least to me, because he's the only one we still no almost nothing about! He eats dead bodies, and spies on people. I mean, c'mon...there's gotta be some extraordinary reason he was inducted into Akatsuki. No one else can move as fast as him, it seems, but lots of people would have been good at spying, I imagine.

On another note...what an appropriate signature and avatar for this thread
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:55   Link #15
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
A fair point. Actually, when I re-read this thread, I realized that Rurik had speculated about this idea too. Zetsu is just so interesting right now, at least to me, because he's the only one we still no almost nothing about! He eats dead bodies, and spies on people. I mean, c'mon...there's gotta be some extraordinary reason he was inducted into Akatsuki. No one else can move as fast as him, it seems, but lots of people would have been good at spying, I imagine.

On another note...what an appropriate signature and avatar for this thread
He was probably inducted primarily for those reasons, I mean his specialty move "Earth-Leach Attack" (saw it on wiki or somewhere) or whatever it's called allows him to mend with the ground and apparently solid walls and what not. I also thought the Zetsu combination was a good choice, I didn't have to argue with myself this time
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 01:07   Link #16
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
He was probably inducted primarily for those reasons, I mean his specialty move "Earth-Leach Attack" (saw it on wiki or somewhere) or whatever it's called allows him to mend with the ground and apparently solid walls and what not.
I see your point, but there are lots of other techniques like that. We've seen Kakashi disappear into the ground, and reappear elsewhere, albeit close to where he entered. He may not be able to move very far, but he can apparently still see from underground while using that jutsu; something Zetsu has not yet done. We don't know how long he can stay underground, but we know he can see. Also, he must have learned it from somewhere since, as I recall, he claimed his only original jutsu was the Chidori (I might not be remembering the translation of that line correctly). Byakugan can see through objects, as well as 360 degrees. Why not try to recruit one of them? Hell, they got TWO Uchihas. With Byakugan, the member wouldn't have to be anywhere near the area to spy on it, whereas Zetsu needs to be directly in the fray. I'm not saying his jutsu aren't cool or useful, it just seems like there's more reason for his involvement, since lots of people have similar jutsu that appear to be equally effective.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 01:17   Link #17
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
I always thought it would be kind of cool if Zetsu was a half-demon or a lesser deity or something supernatural. At least I thought that until we saw how silly Jashin was and his follower...whats-his-name, you no the guy who can not die. If that is what other 'religions' are like in the Naruto-verse, please do not have any other supernatural entities. Still, I once thought it was kind of cool .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 02:34   Link #18
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
I think Zetsu must be able to see/hear what is going on around him like he mentioned near the end of the first Part, he comes from out of the ground noting how "things have taken an interesting turn." I'm thinking that perhaps he doesn't need to be exposed in order to spy or eavesdrop on others.
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 02:38   Link #19
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
I think Zetsu must be able to see/hear what is going on around him like he mentioned near the end of the first Part, he comes from out of the ground noting how "things have taken an interesting turn." I'm thinking that perhaps he doesn't need to be exposed in order to spy or eavesdrop on others.
Actually, that's a good point. I guess I never really thought about it like that, since he always seems to pop out. Admittedly, for as great a camouflage as he arguably has, I have to assume I'd notice a human-sized Venus Fly Trap just hanging around.

...maybe not though ::shrug::

And james, don't hate all possibilities of religion just because of Hidan Jashin was cool idea, poorly executed through a ridiculous character (or so I think). I'd be willing to bet Kishi could do, at least, a little better with a character like Zetsu being some sort of lesser deity, or demon, like you suggest; it's still a cool idea. I did like Hidan's ability the first time I saw it, but then it became trivial and silly, and the interest of the character died. If it makes you feel any better, he suffered an equally ridiculous fate, being turned into naught but a head and buried underground to live forever. A ridiculous end for a ridiculous character.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 02:45   Link #20
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
I see your point, but there are lots of other techniques like that. We've seen Kakashi disappear into the ground, and reappear elsewhere, albeit close to where he entered. He may not be able to move very far, but he can apparently still see from....
Maybe it is not the fact that he can escape or travel in the ground that is important? Maybe he can completely erase any notice of himself by masking his chakra signature within the area that he is hiding. If he could do that then someone like Karin, who seems gifted with sensing chakra signatures, would never be able to find him. In fact he could easily slip into any Shinobi building becuase all Shinobi look for chakra when guarding an area. If he can effectively mask his chakra into the world around him no Shinobi would notice him, and what is even worse, I am not sure if a Hyuuga could even see him.

---

And you are right about Hidan (thanks for the name, I had competely forgotten it). I am actually interested to see if there is a Kyuubi cult or something to that effect. I am also interested in the religion of the monastary that the monk that was a Konoha 12 Guardian came from. Hidan was ill concieved, but here is hoping that something interesting could come from him later.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.