AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-07, 16:04   Link #1
Mauru

Sakura Taisen DS

The great franchise of Sakura Taisen is realizing a game for the Nintendo DS this March 19 this year. The game will be on Japanese of course, since it have not yet been localized here on America, but translations will be available I guess when the game is out, hopefully.

I am planning to buy this game, does anybody else plans to? Does anybody know how great Sakura Taisen games are? They fabulous, in the "top 100 games of all time" according to Famitsu, Sakura Taisen scored higher than popular games like Final Fantasy 8 and 9, Xenogears, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil 5, Super Mario Bros. etc... For more info on Sakura Taisen games go to this links and see the "reception section"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Wars

At one time Sakura Taisen was the most popular game in Japan, the most newest and greatest games of the series is Sakura Taisen V wish got a 37/40 in Famitsu score for just 3 points it almost got perfect score!!

Too bad some people only recognize sakura taisen for the animes wish weren't nothing compared to the games, the games are the central core of the franchise, not the anime, the Ova’s, movie and TV series were mainly realized for fans of the game, like tales of symphonia ova’s, wish aren't as good as the game itself.

The games are in Japanese but there are translations for it, for the 1,2,3 and partly the 4 and 5 game, if you know Japanese you will enjoy the games a lot more and I suggest buying the sakura taisen DS or play one of sakura taisen games.

Too bad they haven't been realized to America due to their strong Japanese references and all that, it is truly a shame Sega America hasn't make the decision of localization them, is a great experience wish lots of people outside of Japan does not experience.

Here is the link for sakura taisen DS page (In japanese)

http://game.sakura-taisen.com/ds/
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:53   Link #2
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyd View Post
Well, I really love Sakura Taisen games, but, I don't like this new sakura taisen, where are the little robots? And the graphics are crappy, where the 3D goes? -.-
But, after all, I will buy this game, because I'm a big fan of this game, I will always follow Hanabi, to the end! ___
Sakura Taisen 3 it's the best ST for me, since I can't play ST5 uhuhu~ T____T ...

And I have a little and stupid question, where can I download the sakura taisen games for PC? Thanks, and bye bye
I don't know where you can download the sakura taisen games for PC, the graphics for the new game aren't that bad have you seen the trailer video? the newest one? you can find it on the page I give.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:47   Link #3
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I played a Japanese gameboy color version of the game once, but didn't get very far. It looked to me like a mix between a dating sim and a strategy game. Regardless, this thread caught my eye. Does anyone care to elaborate on the games so far and how they've been changing (if at all) through the various systems, as well as mention how this one on the DS will differ from the others?
Old 2008-02-07, 21:47   Link #4
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I played a Japanese gameboy color version of the game once, but didn't get very far. It looked to me like a mix between a dating sim and a strategy game. Regardless, this thread caught my eye. Does anyone care to elaborate on the games so far and how they've been changing (if at all) through the various systems, as well as mention how this one on the DS will differ from the others?
The games have changed through the course of various games, I will only summarize the main games tough not the spin-offs, and it will only be a quick summary.

Sakura taisen is a combination of dating sim/strategy game, this combination created a unique genre itself, not to mention they have great replay value.

Sakura Taisen 1 introduces the system of LIPS wish you are prompted to select an answer from various choices with limited time, determined on what you answer you add or deduct trust points with the person you are talking to, wish affect the relationship they have with you and their stats in battle, if you do not answer at all is itself a choice and it can be good or bad depending on the situation, if you have a very strong relationship with a character you acquire a new skill, called attack union. in the end you see the ending of the character you liked most, (An anime clip) not to mention there is tons of anime clips during the game. depending on your relationship with the girl different things happen during the game and also depending on what you answer during the LIPS choices different things happen.

In sakura taisen 2 is the sequel of the first game, there is two different characters and new LIPS wish answers on a prompt can change or disappear before time runs out, or the "Time Lips" wish you have limited time to do something, also in the second game the main character has a bar wish indicates if he is responsible or lovable, irresponsible etc.. this bar changes depending on the answers you make on the prompts and can affect to LIPS choices. In this game the characters can make combos if one is hitting the enemy and another one character is close, there is also they are 2 types of attack unions.

In sakura Taisen 3, you are in Paris and have a new cast of characters and there is a new LIPS added wish you can determine how strong or loud you will be on an answer or doing something, in battle the characters can do combos with each other but only if their relationship is good and is no longer a square-based grid you can move freely in the 3D area but you have a bar wish limits your actions you can attack more than once until this bar runs out.

In sakura taisen 4 the members from paris and Tokyo come and there will be a quarrel between your preferred girl in the first 2 games and the girl from the 3 game, I don't know much about this game because I haven't fully played, but it has 14 different endings.

I guess that will summarize it, sakura taisen V I don't have it neither play it, I know a bit about it, there is a complete new cast.

Sakura Taisen DS the tokyo, paris and new york characters will come into one game and you can create your own "Defense Force" choosing among this characters, Hopefully, I am still not sure, sakura taisen DS will be more like and rpg with items and all.

Last edited by Mauru; 2008-02-08 at 00:35.
Old 2008-02-09, 00:07   Link #5
Koopen

I can't wait for this game! And since the Nintendo DS is not region protected I don't have to buy a Japanese DS! ^__^
Old 2008-02-12, 15:05   Link #6
Mauru

Here is a link for the promo video 3 with gameplay footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64q2RlULJ-Y