AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 199 69.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 22.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 5.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.70%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-09, 16:44   Link #201
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
If Saji does join the military as a pilot for Union, (note: this is a made-up theory)

then Graham would be like the Quattro/Char and Saji would be the Kamille.


Oh yea, Graham, please join the dark side and wear a white mask.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 16:44   Link #202
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
So I guess this means the Thrones refuel at their spaceship which actually has a Solar Furnace? The opposite relationship that the B-Team has with Pote?

Is Gundam O being held "prisoner" so they can leech off it?
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 16:53   Link #203
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Ok that middle brother of the 3 new Gundams isn't the only battle hungry freak, they're all freaky. More like murders. There seems to be someone else running something evil behind the scene....

POOR LOUISE!

Go Setsuna! Finally getting good. Gundam vs Gundam. Will the others come help Setsuna, even if it's Setsuna 3 vs 1 is a little hard.... Finally Setsuna stands firm for what he believes in, doesn't care who he makes an enemy with, even with allies/former allies. Man can't wait to see next week with that preview they had. Finally Setsuna is turning out to be a character I like!
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:03   Link #204
addikt
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenephilim88 View Post
All wondered why Louise was crying in the second Ending, but sunrise forgot to draw her without a hand!!!
I think it's worse. She seems to be missing her legs as well. Quite painful ... I always enjoyed the light moments with Louise and Saji ... they won't be laughing anymore.
addikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:10   Link #205
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
She isn't missing her legs. They just folded to the side. It's hard to sit up with your legs streched out in front of you without something to lean on.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:36   Link #206
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I don't know if Terra is joking or not, but it looks like Louise is missing her legs to me.... I know Saji and Louise are in a depressing time, but it's them, they really do love each other so they'll do find. Besides in a world with such robots that have such human like movements, artificial limbs that are just like human limbs so be nothing. Or just regrown some limbs.......
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:39   Link #207
Samanosuke
Genma Killer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I can see Louise becoming an antagonist in season 2 .
Saji not so much , he is probably going to try to take revenge for louise and will get killed .
__________________
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:40   Link #208
Zeta Gundam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I don't know if Terra is joking or not, but it looks like Louise is missing her legs to me....
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1650/feetqs9.png

You see where her knees are.

Look to the upper right.You can see outlines of legs and feet in the bed sheets.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:45   Link #209
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I don't know if Terra is joking or not, but it looks like Louise is missing her legs to me.... I know Saji and Louise are in a depressing time, but it's them, they really do love each other so they'll do find. Besides in a world with such robots that have such human like movements, artificial limbs that are just like human limbs so be nothing. Or just regrown some limbs.......
I don't believe he is joking at all. Her legs are definitely still there ... and its also true you don't usually sit with your legs straight if you don't have something to lean against: it is definitely not comfortable, probably much less so if you are missing legs. Thankfully (not exactly the right word for this situation), she is only missing her left hand and her relatives. ( I didn't see anything in the scene to imply so, and she certainly didn't say anythign about missing legs either). How she recovers and how her relationship from Saji will progress now ... we shall see, but he literally seems to be the only one left who can be there for her, so he better do that instead of sulking too long.

__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:45   Link #210
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1650/feetqs9.png

You see where her knees are.

Look to the upper right.You can see outlines of legs and feet in the bed sheets.
This can be arguable. Look at the picture closely, it could just be the way the sheet folds. There is an outline that goes to about the knees with no real branching out from it. Either missing one leg or both. But I highly doubt she has both. Also I don't think Saji should be sulking about anything, he should be more upset and worries about his GF. He should be helping her, instead of acting like it was him that went through the ordeal.
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:47   Link #211
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
What I meant by druggies was antagonistic gundam pilots with out-of-this-world mannerisms that come in a group of three and leave a bunch of charred and crushed remains, whether of mobile suits, professors, or hands that comic relief ditzes finally decided to lend to the plot.

As for kid piloting robot to save world...yoohoo...Setsuna?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 17:52   Link #212
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Can I just point out that I'm female XD

Also why not show the bedsheets folded on the other side. It's a little too convenient that the sheets fold in the shape of legs if there isn't legs there.

Anyway, I was just thinking about why Eifman might have been killed. Yes it was probably for finding out too much.But I was wondering if he was killed because the group behind the Thrones don't want CB's true goal revealed because they're trying to change that goal. It just seems odd to me that if they were a legit part of CB then why would they need to hack Veda. Eifman came to his conclusion before the true nature of the Thrones had been revealed.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:15   Link #213
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BTwinTurbo View Post
You could say the same for Puru or Allenby. I would really like to believe that the writers and directors are trying to move away from the traditional Gundam cliché. So far, there is no mysterious masked villian or Newtype. I enjoyed U.C, and its remakes, especially Zeta and ZZ (Wing and SEED were also decent) but it gets old when every single show recycle its material.
The writer(s) for 00, like the writers for other AU shows, are doing two things for this show, 1) to bring in a new perspective/story on Gundam, and 2) to take Gundam traditions and themes and take them in a new direction.

So no, I disagree that they are *only* trying to move away from "cliche". There are clear homages and references to various Gundam shows out there in 00, like there are in G, Wing, X, Turn A, Seed, and whatever else. And two key ways this is accomplished in this show, through the story and through the visual designs, are all done by Gundam fans (Kuroda, Kouga, mecha designers, etc.) This is not merely a show with a Gundam name and mecha meant to milk the franchise, but a continuation of the franchise itself. So the fact is, this is one franchise, this forum is called the Gundam board and it exists in an anime forum. So I see no problems with comparisons to other Gundam shows, and other anime for that matter.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:20   Link #214
Crusader
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Texas
Send a message via MSN to Crusader
This is a very Saddening Episode for me, I liked the Saji and Louise ordeal, but that was ruined in such a quick time... I can't help but wonder where they are going with this event. Considering that they aren't all that involved with the action side of things.

I am so glad Graham damaged those darn gundams. I really hate them after this. Killing so many people like it was nothing, and johann's little reprimand was disgusting. I would Like to see Setsuna obliterate them, but that won't happen, I'm pretty sure of it.

Aljendro or however you spell it, lied about what he knows about the new gundams. So he's definitly one to be watched. I have feeling he's involved more than what he's letting on, and i wouldn't be suprised if he became a villian before the first half of 00 ends.
__________________
The times may change, but human nature never will.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:22   Link #215
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The writer(s) for 00, like the writers for other AU shows, are doing two things for this show, 1) to bring in a new perspective/story on Gundam, and 2) to take Gundam traditions and themes and take them in a new direction.

So no, I disagree that they are *only* trying to move away from "cliche". There are clear homages and references to various Gundam shows out there in 00, like there are in G, Wing, X, Turn A, Seed, and whatever else. And two key ways this is accomplished in this show, through the story and through the visual designs, are all done by Gundam fans (Kuroda, Kouga, mecha designers, etc.) This is not merely a show with a Gundam name and mecha meant to milk the franchise, but a continuation of the franchise itself. So the fact is, this is one franchise, this forum is called the Gundam board and it exists in an anime forum. So I see no problems with comparisons to other Gundam shows, and other anime for that matter.
I'm pretty sure what Terra and Spitfire meant was how the majority of 00 comparisons are to CE, not that people are simply making comparisons. (I thought that was pretty obvious when they first made those statements) It just seems like those people are treating CE as if it were the Holy Grail of Gundam, or the Final Word of Gundam. And I'm pretty sure we can all agree that those kinds of fanboys exist.


As for the episode itself, I now have a solid, strong hatred for the Trinity siblings. I hope Setsuna cannibalizes them next episode. (to be honest, while I don't think that will happen Setsuna still has the ability to give them a hell of a fight at least in a one-on-one matchup)

And buckets of tears for Louise. I never, ever hated either her or Saji. Rather, I actually liked their presence in the show. So seeing this happen to them is quite emotional for me. I honestly hope that Saji signs onto the military and gets into Graham's Flag team so he can open up his own personalized can of "YOU F***ED UP MY GIRLFRIEND, BIOTCH!!!" whup-@$$ on the Trinity siblings. Assuming they survive to the second season, that is. Hey, Kira Yamato started off as an emotional crybaby who only got into the war because of random coincidence, and look where he's at now.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:24   Link #216
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

Also why not show the bedsheets folded on the other side. It's a little too convenient that the sheets fold in the shape of legs if there isn't legs there.

Wasn't Louise laying down when Saji first came in, I deleted the raw so can't rewatch so I'm just going from what I remember. She didn't move her legs or anything, just sat up and turned. It's pretty awkward to lay with your legs folded. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, but I really think she's missing her legs. The way the sheet is folded, it does leave room to think there are legs there, but if so her legs are nearly at a 90 degree angle from her body, nearly, like 75 degree, that very awkward. Try sitting with legs at that angle, not easy is it even when forcing yourself. You nearly can't, it's like trying to dislocate your knees. Maybe I'm using to much reasoning, but an artist usually tries to draw with realistic norms. I'm not saying she doesn't have legs, but I'm sure she has got to be missing one because the fold of the sheet only look like one leg.
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:26   Link #217
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The writer(s) for 00, like the writers for other AU shows, are doing two things for this show, 1) to bring in a new perspective/story on Gundam, and 2) to take Gundam traditions and themes and take them in a new direction.

So no, I disagree that they are *only* trying to move away from "cliche". There are clear homages and references to various Gundam shows out there in 00, like there are in G, Wing, X, Turn A, Seed, and whatever else. And two key ways this is accomplished in this show, through the story and through the visual designs, are all done by Gundam fans (Kuroda, Kouga, mecha designers, etc.) This is not merely a show with a Gundam name and mecha meant to milk the franchise, but a continuation of the franchise itself. So the fact is, this is one franchise, this forum is called the Gundam board and it exists in an anime forum. So I see no problems with comparisons to other Gundam shows, and other anime for that matter.
I don't have a problem with comparision when it's valid. The problem is nearly all comparisions being made are ridiculous ones and are getting old. I'll also admit that I'm sick to death of hearing of anything GS/GSD atm so the fact that that's the series that's nearly always compared to doesn't help.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:35   Link #218
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Would it be accurate to say the Meisters don't care about Celestial Being as an Organization and it's integrity beyond giving them something to fight about? I mean, Setsuna running off to pick a fight with members of his own organization because of their outrageous conduct isn't how you run a military organization. If anything, his actions will ensure Nena is never punished.

Considering how the "Observers" are the apparent decision makers and that they are required to reach a consensus in order to expell/punish members, Setsuna running off to pick a fight distracts from the original crime, and gives those members who are supporting the Thrones an oppurtunity to play politics. Basically what Nena did was wrong, but what Setsuna did was also wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right and I'm sure because of what Setsuna decided to do will cause the whole affair to be dropped and forgotten.

That's assuming anyone would have a problem with what she did.

Really, if someone in the American military did what she did, she'd be court martialed, tried, and executed. If Celestial Being has anything approaching a system of due process, which there doesn't seem to be, then lobbying a protest and an explanation would have been in the best interests of the organization, in order to maintain discipline.

Of course, from all appearances Celestial Being is a very, very informal military organization, showing a level of professionalism that even a group of hired thugs could manage. They're more like weekend Counterstrike players who use hacks than an elite military fighting unit.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:35   Link #219
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm pretty sure what Terra and Spitfire meant was how the majority of 00 comparisons are to CE, not that people are simply making comparisons. (I thought that was pretty obvious when they first made those statements) It just seems like those people are treating CE as if it were the Holy Grail of Gundam, or the Final Word of Gundam. And I'm pretty sure we can all agree that those kinds of fanboys exist.
Well, its fitting, because CE is the most reason entry of Gundam, the only one many people watched, and the only one many people still remember clearly. So I honestly don't blame them for doing that. Its just up to the more knowledgeable people in this forum to correct them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I don't have a problem with comparision when it's valid. The problem is nearly all comparisions being made are ridiculous ones and are getting old. I'll also admit that I'm sick to death of hearing of anything GS/GSD atm so the fact that that's the series that's nearly always compared to doesn't help.
I'd agree that ridiculous generalized comparisons shouldn't be made. However, I don't see how the comparison between the Trinity and the druggies from Seed/Destiny that brought up this conversation is ridiculous. All of these people are young Gundam pilots that come in trios with questionable dispositions and not much depth (so far). Whether this was intentional or not from the writer's part is debatable, but there is nothing wrong with pointing out similarities, intentional or unintentional.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:36   Link #220
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
It just seems like those people are treating CE as if it were the Holy Grail of Gundam, or the Final Word of Gundam. And I'm pretty sure we can all agree that those kinds of fanboys exist.
My advice, don't mind them. It's not like UC is that same thing for everyone's eyes... It's their opinion anyway...What can we do? IT IS the most recent...you expect a new fan to say," OH that was Char-like!?" That's so....Elite and arrogant. Let them watch Gundam 00 to their enjoyment...

As for the Episode....It pretty much drained me of the "Kugimiya Virus" and now I'm immune to it (at least in G00). Poor Louise... I didn't like her at the beginning because the whole ordeal about her and Saji were thought of as an excuse to burn screentime off.

A huge thumbs-up for Graham, I really doubted him before this, crossing him out as a pretender but I guess I could eat my words now... I hope this isn't some one-shot-trick like it was with Athrun...but judging by the way Graham owned, I'd rather not bring that up.

As for those who are comparing to the Extendeds... I don't see the point, I'd like to say that the Trinitys are quite more dangerous because they know what they are doing, and they aren't being chained like the Extendeds were. The first batch were still underlings of Azrael... The second to Neo/Mwu.... that's the difference. The Trinity siblings are pretty much allowed to do these things because they are not underlings... but will you sight any instance that the Druggies/Extendeds killing people that isn't their objective target?? Pretty much every kill they had was Collateral...
__________________
Mercury Lampe

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2008-02-09 at 18:46.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.