AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 199 69.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 22.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 5.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.70%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-09, 22:08   Link #261
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
When I meant tangled up I mean the whole thing in general. Despite being simply civilians living out their lives, no matter where they are they always get mixed up with CB. The Neena comment was just another note on her coldness. I mean one shot was one thing, firing another one on her is disgusting.

Saji and Louise get mixed up in that space station incident where they get rescued by CB.

Next up are the terrorists attacks (indirectly)

Then you have Louise going to a wedding out in some remote part of the country where CB (Note I'm talking in general here by his perspective) just so happens to be passing by and opens fire on her.

Saji of course is completely devastated. All Louise has left is Saji and Kinue but we know where that's going with that Union pilot being shot.
Dude, I'm betting she gets saved by Lockon. Lockon will probably end up going to Setsuna's house for some reason or other. He is going to see someone trying to kill some pretty girl. . .being the badass, he saves her. It could even be Setsuna who saves her.

Then she kind of gets involved in the CB thing along with her brother and future sister-in-law.

She's going to ger rescued or becomes one of the reasons Saji may become a giant robot warrior.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:17   Link #262
Wesley84

Kinue is our gate-way, unlikely she may be, to learning about Celestial Being's history and intentions. Hopefully anyway. If an Eifman happens to her, who else is left besides the horse to tell us where it's been and where it's going?
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:21   Link #263
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I don't see any indication that they are inferior

In fact, they're sporting quite a lot of high tech equipment that the previous 4 Gundams did not have

As for affiliation. We know that they answer to Laguna instead of Veda. We know they are coordinating their actions with an overseer who seems to know just about anything that is going on. We know that Halo knows Dark Halo from somewhere else.

It's possible that they are splinter group of the original team that founded Celestial Being.

Thrones are inferior in certain ways. When CB were discussing about the Thrones, they discover their GN drive is a mock up version of solar furnace and it does have a operation time limit. example, the cannon on virtue can out put max capacity on its own, but the cannon on Eins needs helps to charge it (remeber last episode Nena help charging Eins). We don't know if CB is going against Trinity completely yet, so far just opposing their actions. And when setsuna attacked Thrones in the end it is his own action, in the episode 19 preview it shows Dynames pilot pointing a gun at Setsuna because of his action.

PS: They could make the louis/saji hospital scene more dramatic if louis didnt have that stupid sweater on. And it would be way cooler if louis lose her entire arm instead just hand...
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:22   Link #264
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Dude, I'm betting she gets saved by Lockon. Lockon will probably end up going to Setsuna's house for some reason or other. He is going to see someone trying to kill some pretty girl. . .being the badass, he saves her. It could even be Setsuna who saves her.

Then she kind of gets involved in the CB thing along with her brother and future sister-in-law.

She's going to ger rescued or becomes one of the reasons Saji may become a giant robot warrior.
Last part's possibility = 75%.

Its just inevitable that Saji at the start of season 2 (timeskip?) will be piloting a new version of the flag, or being with CB. He lives next door to Setsuna, also CB Knows now that only ONE person was alive from the blast-that is Louise, Louise also knows Saji. Next time Setsuna sees Louise, and Saji, setsuna's PTSD will kick in and he'll start blurting CB stuff out.

(Something that sounds a bit weird but Gundam 00 is unique in the aspect the way the story is structured. First season will be one Arc, coming to one epic finale, then finally something undermines CB in the second arc, and another finale. Smells a bit death note to me, but thats my opinion on this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
PS: They could make the louis/saji hospital scene more dramatic if louis didnt have that stupid sweater on. And it would be way cooler if louis lose her entire arm instead just hand...
I'd start bawling if that happened. At first at the start i thought "lol what a slut, die plz", now I think the opposite lol.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:29   Link #265
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
So high speed action. I didn't realize that Graham use Flag's kick to disarm Ein's beam saber. Have to check frame to frame to see that...

Should I say "good job", Sunrise? You bring me love, hope and trust, and then shatter everything the next moment....I can't bring myself to hate Neena, but I can't forgive for what she has done .

Still.....good episode anyway.
Old 2008-02-09, 22:32   Link #266
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
So high speed action. I didn't realize that Graham use Flag's kick to disarm Ein's beam saber. Have to check frame to frame to see that...

Should I say "good job", Sunrise? You bring me love, hope and trust, and then shatter everything the next moment....I can't bring myself to hate Neena, but I can't forgive for what she has done .

Still.....good episode anyway.
When will your Avatar of Neena be replaced by something else

Flag + Red Beam Sabre = Hawt.

Theres one weird thing, the Beam sabres dont need power supplys to work
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:35   Link #267
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post

As mentioned in translations of the HG Throne Eins manual, the Throne's beam saber can operate for some time on their own even without direct power from the Gundams, which is why Graham could use them when the Flag isn't even designed to use them.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:35   Link #268
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
I'd start bawling if that happened. At first at the start i thought "lol what a slut, die plz", now I think the opposite lol.
If that will make ppl cry, i think thats good... More dramatic effect, makes people want to know more about saji/louis. (kinda like the end of 08Ms, when Hiro lost his leg and hiding in ruins with his lover.. so touchy...)
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:40   Link #269
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

I feel the same way, they made neena my favorite and then screwed me over with the new scenario. Now im stuck
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 22:45   Link #270
X207
Gamyūsa

wow this ep was insane, best ep so far of the season. that nena sure is cruel to louise , i hope setsuna kills her slowly. ie kira->rau lecreuset (minus the genesis energy blast). the fight scene with graham and ein was amazing. he actually did some good damage . i just cant wait to see how setsuna will mess them up in future eps.

i still like nena, its just that i want to see her die because she is so cruel.
Old 2008-02-09, 23:02   Link #271
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Quote:

As mentioned in translations of the HG Throne Eins manual, the Throne's beam saber can operate for some time on their own even without direct power from the Gundams, which is why Graham could use them when the Flag isn't even designed to use them.
We should note that operating time was very limited too. The saber particles dissipated seconds after Eins retreated. How much could they reverse engineer out of an unpowered saber?

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 23:11   Link #272
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
We should note that operating time was very limited too. The saber particles dissipated seconds after Eins retreated. How much could they reverse engineer out of an unpowered saber?
It should be noted that the Union has had experience with developing beam sabers (noted from the HG Union Flag manual explaining the blue plasma blades on their sonic knives), just that they haven't perfected the technology like CB has. An intact working beam saber would give the Union a very good base on which to improve their own beam saber technology to the same level as the Gundams.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 23:13   Link #273
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It should be noted that the Union has had experience with developing beam sabers (noted from the HG Union Flag manual explaining the blue plasma blades on their sonic knives), just that they haven't perfected the technology like CB has. An intact working beam saber would give the Union a very good base on which to improve their own beam saber technology to the same level as the Gundams.
Very well then. Here's hoping for Flags equipped with beam sabers sometime in the future.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 23:17   Link #274
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Very well then. Here's hoping for Flags equipped with beam sabers sometime in the future.
amen to that. this way the flags can can stand a better chance against any gundam.
Old 2008-02-09, 23:28   Link #275
rpgman1

I was completely shocked that Neena just killed everybody off a wedding because she doesn't like it. I do feel sorry for Louise and Saji, especially with the wedding rings appearing. I have to give Graham credit for actually damaging the Thrones (I'm not going to call them Gundams, as they belong to the Meisters). The Thrones seem to have a time limit on their GN Drives, so we now know that they are not the original solar furnaces or generators.

The previous episode did gave us hints about the Trinity siblings and working independently of CB (more like another group thrown into the mix). HRL, Union, AEU, Celestial Being, PMC Trust, and now the Thrones. Why didn't Neena finish Ali off earlier and instead decides to crash a wedding and killing almost everybody there? I knew that Neena was responsible for hacking into Veda just to get information on CB and saving the data onto that evil purple Haro. Saji will most likely help out with Billy in the Union and upgrade those Custom Flags anyway. Setsuna is the lone wolf and knows that the Thrones are not true Gundams, so he decides to go up against all three.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 23:35   Link #276
Wesley84

Wow. The wedding massacre didn't really live up to my expectations. Nena and her brothers are flying overhead, she observes a wedding taking place down below in the middle of nowhere, and oh-so causually flies down to atomize the bride and groom without even blinking. It's not even like she enjoyed doing it. It was simple mischief and a minor diversion for her.

I can't even feel angry from something like that. It's just awe strikingly dumb what happened, since there's no rhyme or reason to it.

"Shit Happens" That's all that can be said about it.

And I even liked mama and Lousie!

I think Nena's a sociopath. Basically she's dead inside and couldn't empathize with anyone. Her brothers could die and she wouldn't give a shit. She'd cut her own mother's throat for no other reason than she could, and I wouldn't put it past her to have done precisely that.

Killing her wouldn't be a source of satisfaction for me. Whether she's alive or dead, she may as well not exist, because she's worth less than the air she breathes. Hating her is pointless. Kill her because she's simply too much of a monster to let live.

I like Billy's new attitude. He's focused. Focused is good. I hope he stays this way.

Graham, it's like all the passion in this series is channeled through him.

I think the hospital scene between Saji and Lousie was one of the best in the series. It had a nice "same always" feel during the build up . Lousie was obviously in a state of shock from the way she acted when she first saw him and it took a few seconds to really acknowledge him. He's visibly trying to cheer her up, yet she abruptly changes the mood and it just falls apart, and then she shows him her hand and just as quickly hides it...

I didn't like the hallway scene though and Miss Bedside-Manner interrupting like that didn't sit well with me. If Saji's a guy, this is when he is supposed to think "How do I fix this?" "How do I make it better"? I would have liked to have seen him exhibit a few other emotions other than curling up into a ball and crying.

Vague preview is vague. I don't understand why Setsuna is so angry. I mean, he had the gual to tell Lousie she had no reason to cry since her mother wasn't dead, when he was the one that killed his mother. He's so bizarre and nonsenscial.

I predict the next episode will be one of the worst in the series. Exia acts out, gets a beat down, Dynames comes back to retrieve him. End of episode.
Old 2008-02-09, 23:47   Link #277
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Why didn't Neena finish Ali off earlier and instead decides to crash a wedding and killing almost everybody there?
Simple. Shooting Ali would have hit Exia. It's a perfectly logical explanation.
Old 2008-02-10, 00:25   Link #278

Excellent episode ! Graham is cool !!!

Too bad that his MS's gravity control equipment didn't seem to work properly...

I have this feeling that the 4 gundams team might be the only group of CB that is still holding to the CB's ideal goal to erradicate wars. The rest seems to have different goal...

The thrones team might ONLY be one of other teams of CB that have different goal than the gundam teams, not to mention that they might get better equipments in later episodes...

There is a very great chance that other "enemy" gundam teams than thrones will appear in later episodes...

Kinue is in dire danger since she decide to find out what are CB up to, she might "erased" anytime just like the soldier that leaked the information about the thrones to her...

Sumeragi and other crews think that there might be spies within CB or malicious people hacking into VEDA, but from what happened I still think that CB might be using erradicating war an excuse to justify all their actions but in the end they have completely different goal, perhaps to conguer the world...

It looks to me there are simply too many CB's spies infiltrating governments, not to mention other people that cooperate with them ...

I agree that Saji will be related more directly in the later episodes, there is a very high chance that he will pilot an MS. The question is whether he is good or have talent with piloting mobile suits...

Since Setsuna has taken action against the thrones, the 4 gundam team is likely to become the next target of CB....

If you're a king (CB) and you believe that some of your subordinates (4 gundam team) have different goals and potentially become a threat of you, then what will you do ? Eliminate them of course !
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 00:52   Link #279
X207
Gamyūsa

maybe nena decided to leave a present for sumeragi on CB1's veda program in ep 17.
Old 2008-02-10, 01:20   Link #280
Selic

The Overflag's gravity control technology worked perfectly.

Graham is just pushing it past the limits even further.

Wonder if Veda will get a BSOD.
Selic is offline   Reply With Quote