AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 199 69.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 22.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 5.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.70%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-11, 12:38   Link #481
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

^ All great points and thinking about it, for the Gundams the fast one is Alleluya and he is a super soldier so should have more of an ability to handle greater g's. The thing about him coughing up blood is the g-suit stops him from passing out from the blood pooling at his feet. He was able to withstand forces that was making the blood vessels pop in his lungs oO. He is absolutely amazing to not only be able to stay awake, but also be able to still coherently fight.

I'm no doctor, but the thing I fear most for him is a stroke...

In regards to the saber, without the solar furnace would it still continue working? I guess it must have some form of battery in it to enable it to work even though not in a gundams hand, but if they try to reverse it, they might get a lot of clues but with no power source it might be hard to build a new one.
Old 2008-02-11, 12:41   Link #482
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
In regards to the saber, without the solar furnace would it still continue working? I guess it must have some form of battery in it to enable it to work even though not in a gundams hand, but if they try to reverse it, they might get a lot of clues but with no power source it might be hard to build a new one.
It was said somewhere that the sabers can remain active without direct output from the GN Drives for a limited time. That's why Graham was able to cleave Eins's right arm off, and then the saber particles dissipated seconds after Johann retreated.

DJ_RockmanX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 12:43   Link #483
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
It was said somewhere that the sabers can remain active without direct output from the GN Drives for a limited time. That's why Graham was able to cleave Eins's right arm off, and then the saber particles dissipated seconds after Johann retreated.
That makes sense as they do have a habit of lobbing them (and axes) at each other. It would be really embarrassing to throw the sabre and watch the handle bounce off the cockpit
Old 2008-02-11, 12:46   Link #484
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
It would be really embarrassing to throw the sabre and watch the handle bounce off the cockpit
An outtakes OVA compilation perhaps?

DJ_RockmanX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 12:59   Link #485
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I think the scene in ep18 is kinda misunderstood. The Gundams in no way move faster than what Graham was doing. They have no hax. Graham in the Flag was moving MUCH faster than any Gundam, because he had to. The difference is that the Gundams are not faster, they're simply more -powerful-.

The power that the GN Drive provides allows the the mech itself to do things that a normal mobile suit cannot. When doing melee, it can simply respond faster and is less dependant on pure pilot skill, it also has more driving force behind each movement, creating more impact. The GN Beam Sabers and GN Rifles and Cannons have more energy charge in them, doing much more damage. And so on.

What Graham was doing, was simply moving faster than any suit or pilot is supposed to, to make up for that lack of power. At the extreme high speeds he was pushing the Flag, he was able to react faster than Johan, and the momentum of the Flag and two plasma swords was enough to dislodge the GN Beam Saber by force alone. He then grabbed the beam saber and cut off Eins' arm before it could even fire the rifle.

No, I don't believe that level of g-force can be trainable, in fact constant use of it would probably be fatal. There'll probably be more customization of the Flag in future to make it easier for Graham to do things like that, but ideally, a pilot should not have to push a vehicle so hard. It was a special moment to show how dedicated, potentially insane and motivated Graham was.
To add to what i posted below about the Flag not being faster than Johan's Gundam is Johan was still not able to adapt to the surprise in speed. Up until that they had never incounter a earth MS moving at such speed. I feel next time he will be better prepared.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes, Katagi customized it even more, despite his injuries. The overflag can overpower a gundam in term of speed (well, maybe it will be different with Kyrios in flight form, but heh)

Well... It is kinda a "post poned" fight. Johann was ironically too prudent and fled, while Graham was under the secondary effect of such speed.
It isn't a proper result for a battle, nor a draw.

If we speculate how the fight would turn in the end (if none of them withdraw), I think Johann would have the upperhand, considering Graham has kinda a death flag with that secondary effect.
I don't think the overflag has greater speed. If that were the case Johann could not have countered Grahams attacks and would have been shot down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
1. Nope, that's the same Union Flag OverFlag Custom that Graham's been piloting since episode 15. He just pushed himself harder and beyond the limit this time.

2. While technically Graham didn't win, he did OWN the Throne Eins in much AWESOMENESS and show them who's boss. Unfortunately, he couldn't pursue the escaping Throne Eins because of his bad shape after the battle.

1. I think Graham's vomitting of blood was also do to the modified G suit he recieved. The suit keeps blood in the upper torso to keep the pilot consious. I think the suit had kept so much blood in the upper torso that it broke a blood vessel/s and cause him to vomit blood.

2. Yup the pilot was the limiting factors. However i'm curious to see what the Gundams use to limit the G's on the pilot when in earths atmosphere.

Did anyone else find it odd that the arm of the Gundam exploded when it was severed. I think it's some type of self destruct device on any essential part of the Gundams should they be sperated from the body.
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 13:00   Link #486
freelancer3018
(o")o UC Slappie o("o)

Send a message via AIM to freelancer3018
Quote:
I guess it must have some form of battery in it to enable it to work even though not in a gundams hand, but if they try to reverse it, they might get a lot of clues but with no power source it might be hard to build a new one.

I think the arm exploded when it was cut off by Graham, kind of like a fail safe to prevent reverse engineering.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
Did anyone else find it odd that the arm of the Gundam exploded when it was severed. I think it's some type of self destruct device on any essential part of the Gundams should they be sperated from the body.
Damn you beat me to it. lol
freelancer3018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 13:09   Link #487
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
[

Gundam or mobile suit generally explode these days when cut up. and The self destruct is possible but not plausible because storing a explosive device on all part of the gundam is just not workable. You literally need an explosive every few centimeter apart to accomplish the feat that would detonate any part on the gundam when cut off. But then again this is the future so it might be possible.
As for the materials, its been revealed that the gundams are made out of e-carbon which is nothing new to the world. The only difference is that e-carbon is too heavy to be use for mobile suits. the gundams solved this by using GN drives. so i can't imagine they would get anything that useful out of a single light saber . maybe from an arm they can get something, but not much. The GN drive is what everyone need.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 13:34   Link #488
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I figure the Union scientist, (mostly Billy) will still be able to get some info out of the saber even if it's no longer working. There would have to be traces of the GN particles in the saber allowing the scientist to figure out the nature of the particles like Elfman did.

Now of course that won't mean they'll figure out how to make GN particles, but maybe it'll produce the same type of clue linking that Elfman was doing before he got wiped.

Isn't 00 set to run for 2 seasons? I figure we'll have a show down with the thrones and just before they get wiped Libbons will swoop in with "gundam devil" or something setting up a cliff hanger for season 2.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 13:35   Link #489
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Gundam or mobile suit generally explode these days when cut up. and The self destruct is possible but not plausible because storing a explosive device on all part of the gundam is just not workable. You literally need an explosive every few centimeter apart to accomplish the feat that would detonate any part on the gundam when cut off. But then again this is the future so it might be possible.
As for the materials, its been revealed that the gundams are made out of e-carbon which is nothing new to the world. The only difference is that e-carbon is too heavy to be use for mobile suits. the gundams solved this by using GN drives. so i can't imagine they would get anything that useful out of a single light saber . maybe from an arm they can get something, but not much. The GN drive is what everyone need.

If the armor in not harden on the opposite side (which most composite and laminate armors are not) of the expected impact surface an explosive charge from within will effectively destroy the object. Even with harden armors from within the blast uses all it energy to explode outward as appose to planting explosive on the outside where the surface of the object acts by deflecting most of the energy away from itself. You would only need explosive in any key structural point to destroy an entire part

When was this discovered that they were made of e-carbon not sure I remember. Only thing I can recall is the bomb dispenser that Kyrios dropped and that is not necessarily the same material that makes up the Gundam armor.

As for the beam saber I feel the same no much can be taken from it. They need a GN drive.
Old 2008-02-11, 13:59   Link #490
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

e-carbon was revealed from the specs both online and in paper form. Like on the model kits and magazines.At least that how i found out. the bomb dispenser obviously wouldn't be build out of the same materials as the gundams. It probably isn't worth it since its going to be discarded anyway.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 14:11   Link #491
grey_moon

I would have thought that the arms would have some capacitors in them to supply energy to the weapons. So if it is cut off from the main engine maybe it overloads causing it to explode due to lack of feedback?
Old 2008-02-11, 14:16   Link #492
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
So far the most plausible explanation for the explosion is that it looks cool.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 14:27   Link #493
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
good episode, too bad that beside being evil for the sake of being evil we dont get much info about the thrones motivations/plant behind their attack.
good to see the director has the balls to cripple his characters (iirc he was the one in charge of FMA so i m not disappointed)
i predict a sad futur for saji the highly probable death of his sister will surely seal his fate as he fall to the dark side and forever his life with be rules by hatred and anger.

i m feel bad for saji, i mean he could have had the mother and the daughter and now he is left with only a 2/3 of the daughter...

end of the first season will prolly be unforgiving and harsh.

i only regret that the themes about the consequence of war, power supplies in the world as well as ethnic conflict and religious conflict are starting to be left behind.
Old 2008-02-11, 14:40   Link #494
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The only thing Graham lacks other than a gundam is a mask, then i can call him Zech 00 Flag

Really interesting episode, I knew that Neena was a psychopathic bitch who acts cute and stuff but this episode ups the ante further. Trinity trio looks more and more like those druggies trio from GSD (except Johann).

Quite heart wrenching scene with Saji and Louise. So, is Saji gonna become Darth Vader and build himself a gundam n pwn some bitches? Possibility seems likely to me.
Old 2008-02-11, 14:58   Link #495
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
yep i bet that saji is going to be the new nina and start using school resource to build his own gundam
Old 2008-02-11, 15:00   Link #496
digi.amuro

Finally saw the subs. Wow, after watching it again, Neena is an annoying little b****, isnt she? That laugh at the beginning was too much for me.

Knowing what all Setsuna and Graham said during the episode made their scenes almost that more enjoyable.

We havent seen any Mariana in a while, and Ali and Pattrick havent appeared since the Gundam vs The World ep. Wonder when they're all gonna pop up again? Was it just me or did I detect abit of worry in Soma's voice as she asked Sergei if the Gundam's might attack them too lol!

@AngryPokStick's earlier comment: Wouldnt it be a terrible idea If you put that much explosives inside a gundam, tho? I mean if something were to happen, you could potentially have a chain reaction, which would mean bye bye Gundam I just think it blew up so the writers could say Nice Boom! and the world gets to gripe about how they werent able to get any useful data on the Gundams.

Also, I think people are forgeting, didnt Ein draw a gun before Graham's Flag chopped his arm off? I'd think that the gun could have possibly been the cause of the explosion or just got blown up w/ it, which sucks for Ein.

I wonder if Ein is still damaged when Exia begins his intervention? If so, that could give Exia a small advantange in battle. Ein minus 1 arm and weapon means better odds for Setsuna IMO. I think the most trouble Setsuna may have is with the GN Fangs. The Throne pilots are just...lame. Besides, Drei is just defense/support primarily, Ein is long distance, and Zwei is the only real challenge being the only Melee fighter and having, again, the fangs. The biggest threat otherwise is that triple throne cannon on Ein's back. LAWLZ if Setsuna unleashes Exia's full power like when he fought Ali the first or second time and PAWNZ them alittle.
Old 2008-02-11, 15:43   Link #497
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
yep i bet that saji is going to be the new nina and start using school resource to build his own gundam
Oh god thats just scary I dont think he will go that far but he will take some steps. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets involved with Setsuna somehow. The worlds reaction would be interesting to watch if someone got footage of 2 gundams fighting each other. At this rate Im really seeing the Gundams aligning themselves with the Governments of the world eventually. After witnessing the Thrones attacks on civilians and Setsuna attacking them i cant see how both parties could ever work together when their beliefs are so different. I usually dont trust OP and ED but its obvious we are going to have a fight between the Meisters and the Thrones. Although i think Setsuna did the right things im not sure anyone else will stand behind on this, it was very rash.

Does anyone think that Saji's sister will actually find a way to contact C.B. and that might be a starting points for Saji getting involved with the Gundams?
Old 2008-02-11, 16:02   Link #498
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Oh god thats just scary I dont think he will go that far but he will take some steps. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets involved with Setsuna somehow. The worlds reaction would be interesting to watch if someone got footage of 2 gundams fighting each other. At this rate Im really seeing the Gundams aligning themselves with the Governments of the world eventually. After witnessing the Thrones attacks on civilians and Setsuna attacking them i cant see how both parties could ever work together when their beliefs are so different. I usually dont trust OP and ED but its obvious we are going to have a fight between the Meisters and the Thrones. Although i think Setsuna did the right things im not sure anyone else will stand behind on this, it was very rash.

Does anyone think that Saji's sister will actually find a way to contact C.B. and that might be a starting points for Saji getting involved with the Gundams?
That could be one way he gets involved in CB or like stated before he will be in contact with setsuna.
Old 2008-02-11, 16:11   Link #499
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
I wonder if Ein is still damaged when Exia begins his intervention? If so, that could give Exia a small advantange in battle. Ein minus 1 arm and weapon means better odds for Setsuna IMO. I think the most trouble Setsuna may have is with the GN Fangs. The Throne pilots are just...lame. Besides, Drei is just defense/support primarily, Ein is long distance, and Zwei is the only real challenge being the only Melee fighter and having, again, the fangs. The biggest threat otherwise is that triple throne cannon on Ein's back. LAWLZ if Setsuna unleashes Exia's full power like when he fought Ali the first or second time and PAWNZ them alittle.
From the preview it appears that the Thrones are going to duel him one on one, Michael as the start. It'll be a good oppurtunity to see the real difference between O# Gundams and Throne Gundams. It'll be a short fight and before any damage can be done, someone will show up and stop Setsuna or the Thrones will stomp him and leave him to stew in his own juices.

The anomosity doesn't seem to be mutual. The Trinity doesn't care about the Meisters at all.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:11   Link #500
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post

As for Graham Aker...Well, this one's for wingdarkness. Friend, I'm starting to like Graham Aker a lot more now. He's 'that honorable fellow' in the series right now, someone who seems to value loyalty, has good grace (in regards to Joshua's remarks earlier) and a mighty will. While the battle was essentially cheapened by Johann's remarks about him being caught off-guard and the short amount of time the 'duel' took, it was a good battle. The G-Forces, though, were still a little too much to handle. Makes me think that the Custom Flags has yet to display its full potential. What is Graham going to do about this...? Hmm~
Anyway, BRAVO, Graham. I only wished it was Zwei who got OWNED.
Man I've watched so much Gundam it's embarrassing...I knew then what I know now...I knew episode 2 when Graham introduced himself to Exia and said "I'm Graham Acre, the man whose heart your existence has stolen..." I knew then what kind of character he would be and was on his bandwagon pretty much earlier than anyone...He's done nothing to change my opinion other than the fact I was wrong about him being Setsuna's rival (As it seems he's everyones rival)...`

My favorite characters in Gundam are guys like Char, Trieze Khushranada, Guin Lineford, Rau Le Creset, Gilbert Dullindal, etc.,...The common thread between these characters are their passions and the romanticizing view they posses on the world around them...Also the desire to make their existence matter; mean something in the balance of history...Graham embodies this desire and he does it in the make-up of a more nostalgic throwback-character (In the essence of UC in many ways if you've seen lots of UC like me)...

The FLAG has become one of my all-time favorite suits now and I can't wait to see the progression and development of the suit and how they continue to customize it...I don't think Gundam has ever had one seemingly outclassed grunt unit evolve as much as the FLAG has...

And yeah Johan was a wuss for blowing off Graham's ownage, but he didn't want to look like a pu$$y in front of his siblings and I honestly have to give him credit for getting away when he did because Graham is ridiculously better skilled then him in pure-ability and was one slash away from a cockpit victory...I've noticed now that the Trinity seem to have an uncommitted attitude toward 1 v 1 fights involving their siblings...We saw it when Micheal took-on Howard Mason, we saw it with Graham vs. Johan, and in the preview it looks as if Neena and Johan watch on as Setsuna battles Micheal...I see a pattern where the siblings seem as if they don't want to infringe on the others' fights...Prolly a pride thing...

Finally...

Spoiler for If this doesn't look like some version of Char...: