AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-05, 02:36   Link #1
Boduar

Need help for current season

I have looked around at a few different series (both on forums and watching online) and have only found one real interesting match hoping that someone can point some out that have flown under my radar.

Liked: C-The money of soul and possibility control.

Why: I like all the characters and the action is interesting enough and I want to see where the plot goes.

Meh- Tiger and bunny

Why: On verge of whether I want to keep watching after 2 episodes and cant say why I really like it TBH but main downsides are A. flashy presentation of heroes that seems like its supposed to be comical? but I find myself facepalming. Main character is alright just happens that the "its all on tv" aspect seems to drag it down for me.

Disliked- Dog Days + Astarotte no Omacha!

Why: Dog days was kind of alright but I feel like it was (obviously) targetted at a bit younger of an audience. I honestly did not care what was going to happen by end of second episode and none of the characters really made me care or think "oh hey he/she is cool".

Astarotte was kind of my bad I dont care for romance centered anime and pretty sure that is where its headed.

Edit: Incase people are still wondering what type of anime I prefer (this list/reasons were kind of short) examples from past seasons: Shiki (loved the plot/characters), Durarara (plot again), Code Geass (plot and action), TTGL (action and plot), Panty + Stocking (action/comedy, one of the few comedies I actually liked). Basically I like Gainax and Noitamina mostly but anything with an engaging plot/solid action/amazing characters will do. Edit2: Another good one I forgot from last season was Gosick.
Old 2011-05-05, 02:44   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Nichijou has great animation; a comedy anime with some really epic scenes.

You might look at Ao no Exorcist & Deadman Wonderland... as the two big new shounen anime... I'm liking the former more than the latter.
Old 2011-05-05, 02:49   Link #3
Haak
F**k my life...

Well if you like Noitamina then you might aswell watch AnoHana now but that's a drama. If you like something psychological/action then I recommend Steins;Gate and Deadman Wonderland. There's Ao no Exorcist for a classic shonen.
Old 2011-05-05, 06:31   Link #4
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Gonna second all the shows Haak recomended

AnoHana: it's Noitamina,maybe it doesn't look too exciting but quite a few people were "wowed" by the 1st episode so just give it one episode.

Steins;Gate: should mess with your brain

Deadman Wonderland : action/horror

Ao no Exorcist: Some thought the first episode dragged a little but the reception to episodes 2 and 3 has been good,it's your standard shonen so nothing inovative but I still find it quite entertaining.
Old 2011-05-05, 06:53   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm following more shows this season than I have in quite a while, none of which have been mentioned so far.

Moshidora - a cute and sometimes dramatic story about a high-school girl who becomes a baseball manager and uses Peter Drucker's famous book Management for guidance; ten episodes, nearly complete

Showa Monogatari - a slice-of-life show about a family in 1964 Japan

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san - a slightly raunchy comedy about a detective and his female assistant who employ foul-mouthed, lecherous demons to help with their cases

Hyouge Mono - an historical comedy/drama set in late 16th century Japan; the protagonist is a vassal of Oda Nobunaga; best show of the season so far for me

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-05-05 at 07:47.
Old 2011-05-05, 08:57   Link #6
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
I'd say maybe Steins;gate it's plot/thriller with some comedy due the main character's insanity .

Astarotte no Omacha! is actually more on "family" than romance to me so far .
Old 2011-05-05, 10:18   Link #7
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Astarotte no Omocha! is actually more on "family" than romance to me so far .
I'm actually enjoying that one more than I thought I would after reading some of the manga. The ecchi level has been toned way down and things seem better developed in the anime.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:24   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ao no Exorcist should be a good watch after the kinda long first episodes, but if you want pure action, I recommend Toriko. Haven't started watching DW yet, wanna pile up some episodes...oh and if you're looking for comedy, The world god only knows and Gintama are back on air! Would be best if you've already watched the previous seasons though.
Old 2011-05-06, 12:18   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

AnoHana is the best show of the season by a good margin, but based on your specs I concur that Ao no Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland are probably the closest match. I'd take a look at Steins;Gate as well.
Old 2011-05-09, 13:44   Link #10
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

I'm glad you posted this question because although I am watching a larger than normal amount of series this season; people's responses have giving me more to look at (i.e. AnoHana).

I just started watching Ao no Exorcist and its pretty enjoyable so I will be added on to the list of people who recommend this. Deadman Wonderland is absolutely wonderful and if you like gore; its worth a look. The latter is a bit depressing but I think thats what makes it all the more interesting. And it does have comedic moments to lighten the mood.
Old 2011-05-09, 15:17   Link #11
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
AnoHana is the best show of the season by a good margin, but based on your specs I concur that Ao no Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland are probably the closest match. I'd take a look at Steins;Gate as well.
I recommend all these, but for me Steins;Gate is the best show of the season with a nice margin .
Closed Thread