AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-11, 23:20   Link #161
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Considering this is anime, perhaps Hiromi's chances actually go up if she really is Shin's blood-related sibling...
DanielSong39 is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 00:25   Link #162
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Childhoodfriend got screwed!
Shuffle
All decapo series
e-f memories
Code-E
In Shuffle!, the only one who wasn't really a childhood friend was Primula. He had met both Sia and Nerine several years earlier, and Asa had bee a friend for years. (Though this wouldn't necessarily be a "Childhood friend", though "Childhood" is a very broad term.)
Spoiler for Da Capo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Considering this is anime, perhaps Hiromi's chances actually go up if she really is Shin's blood-related sibling...
Even though I'm aware that this is a joke, it's not really funny in that it's not even remotely true .
qtipbrit is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 00:32   Link #163
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
we dont want another koi kaze here....

a da capo is enough
Supah Em is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 00:48   Link #164
Zanshun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Ai Yori Aoshi
Kanon (granted, they were all almost his childhood friends, but Shiori is the exception that allows this example to hold water)
Maburaho (they were more or less the "true" couple)
Onegai Twins
Love Hina
First of all, some of the anime listed are a few years old. Your list isn't that extensive, and just the fact we are debating proves that it doesn't happen all the time, or enough to make one sick.

Kanon isn't a good example as the girls do not really compete with each other, they all get their own tidy little arc where the girl and Yuuichi both end up for the better by the end. In fact the only person who really got gimped was the original childhood friend which was Nayuki.

Quote:
In Shuffle!, the only one who wasn't really a childhood friend was Primula. He had met both Sia and Nerine several years earlier, and Asa had bee a friend for years. (Though this wouldn't necessarily be a "Childhood friend", though "Childhood" is a very broad term.)
Exactly he doesn't get with either of the childhood friends of Sia, Nerine or Kaede. Kaede is also the one who fits my criteria of waking someone up, cooking them breakfast etc. He knew Asa for a few years doesn't really fit her into the childhood friend, maybe middle school till current friend.

Lamune doesn't really count either because he chose between two different childhood friends. Just one had the advantage because she lived just a few feet from him, Sakura made the point that she didn't really stand a chance because of the physical distance.

To me I really tend to recall childhood friends getting the short end of the stick more often then being happy. I was specific in especially referring to the type who wake up the protagonist for school and prepare him breakfast, where the unrequited love is easily viewable, shuffle and gift eternal rainbow and even more recent anime like ef - a tale of memories quickly come to mind. When I see a childhood friend in any anime I never give them a shot. I only root so openly for Hiromi because its crystal clear how each feel about each other and I'd like to see them succeed.
Zanshun is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 00:55   Link #165
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
In Shuffle!, the only one who wasn't really a childhood friend was Primula. He had met both Sia and Nerine several years earlier, and Asa had bee a friend for years. (Though this wouldn't necessarily be a "Childhood friend", though "Childhood" is a very broad term.)
OFF TOPIC Forgive the interruption!

Childhood friend is when kids know each other for a long period of time. Sia and Nerine met with Rin for a very brief time when they came with their fathers to the human world. They both qualify for first girl met. Kaede is the only one that qualify as a childhood friend, though we never know if Rin knew Asa before they went to highschool, but the fact that he called her Senpai tells me they met during highschool, thus not really childhoodfriends. Remember that many students that go to the same highschool not necessarily went to the same elementary or middle school. Most childhoodfriends live next to each other in the same neighborhood or have been going to school together since they were young.


Spoiler for about Ai yori Aoishi and Aoi being a childhoodfriend:
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 01:05   Link #166
Zanshun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Pretty good point about Sia and Nerine. But yes Asa still doesn't qualify. Shuffle was memorable because Kaede got crushed. I guess it left a stronger impression on me and stayed memorable.
Zanshun is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 03:49   Link #167
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Anyone have any idea what Jun meant when he said that he knew Noe the best even that which she has yet come to realize?
He is probably saying that he knows that Noe likes Shin'ichiro, even if Noe doesn't realize it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Agreed!!!!! Here is a probable scenario:

Shin's mother was in love with Shin's dad, but she goes unnoticed by Shin's dad until Hiromi's mom chooses Hiromi's dad. Situation changes and Shin's dad chooses the secondary girl which is Shin's mom. Even though Shin's mom got her man in the end, she still didn't feel secure considering she was the secondary choice. It can't be easy for anyone who has the utmost devotion and love for someone and yet s/he feels his/her affection (in this case, Shin's mother) isn't being equally returned by that someone. That's perhaps the reason why Shin's mom was jealous of (more like hatred..) Hiromi's mom. High tension must have ensued any time the two families met in any social gathering.
With these theories, I have a concern with one of the points. Shin'ichiro is the older brother, since he was born first. Hence, it most likely means that Shin's dad would have needed to sleep with Shin's mom, then sleep with Hiromi's mom, but end up back with Shin's mom. Something just doesn't add up, if all this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
That said though I feel that hiromi is getting better as a character as we can see what circumstances she has been put in. Being predictable doesn't make it bad, but now that this big chunk of spoiler is out of the way we are heading into unknown territory in terms of what they will do next...just enjoy the ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I find it hard to see hiromi not ending with shin as they are just made for each other (with screws missing to boot).
You've turned and accepted Hiromi now. So does that mean your opinion about her has completely changed in her favor?
__________________
thundrakkon is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 03:52   Link #168
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I was thinking, but the way that Nobuse Confessed to Aiko seems to be an all time first!
Maybe someone can correct me, but I never seen a confession with a "THIRD WHEEL" right there helping. I have seen many hook ups and people spying while confessions are being made, or people being witnesses to confessions, but never a double teaming like what Nobuse and Shin did. Now I understand why Aiko said "you didn't have too..."
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 04:01   Link #169
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
back at you grimkill7, Tell me what anime has childhoodfriend pairings. I can name a few anime where the childhoodfriend got the shaft more than I can name where the childhood friend got the guy or girl.

Childhoodfriend got screwed!
Shuffle
All decapo series
e-f memories
Code-E

Recent series where a childhoodfriend ended with the boy was Myself;yourself but considering that ALL the girls were childhoodfriends but one and the one that was not, was a lesbian, the chances of not being a childhoodfriend were very small.
Do I sense a non-believer in the true strength of Osana-Najimi? Do I? Do I really???? Repent, you heathen! Take back your blasphemy!

Spoiler for bunch of anime:


But how about the rest of anime from 2000 onwards? Here's a list if you're interested, and it's pretty extensive if you ask me.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=52

70% win record is impressive, no? So good rule of thumb... if a guy knew a girl in childhood and was very good friends with her for even a short period of time, more often than not that girl will win.



BTW, your definition of osana-najimi doesn't seem to fit a lot of characters, who even in the source itself says they're childhood friends. Take for example a classic, Martian Successor Nadesico. Yurika hasn't seen Akito for a long time (a decade maybe?), and yet they're still considered childhood friends by the characters themselves, even more so than Jun is to Yurika despite Jun knowing Yurika longer. Or Tsuyokiss, where the main leads have known each other only in kindergarten and yet are still mentioned inside the anime as childhood friends? Or of course, everyone who's seen the beginning of Genshiken knows that Kousaka and Saki are considered as childhood friends as well. Need I name more? Tell me, I can talk all day about childhood friends....

Even in games, this is also true. I won't say anything more than this, but by far the most popular character of Ar Tonelico IS considered a childhood friend even in-game, despite THAT person having totally forgotten the childhood friend's existence altogether.

So the pattern I've seen of my absolute moe element? It's that if two people are VERY good friends with each other when they're young (middle school and earlier by most accounts), even for a short period of time, they're considered childhood friends.

Of course, there is the 'life-long' childhood friend, of which is the one you're referring to originally. But really, that is only a subset of the entire childhood friend group, because of the reasons stated above. If you want, I can shorten my list of childhood friends to only include the 'life-long' ones, but I don't think it'll change the 70% win percentage. If any, I think it will actually rise...



Now coming back on topic, I think everybody missed that Aiko also is most probably osana-najimi. While she might not go as far back as Hiromi does with Shin, she has known him long enough to consider him as 'otouto' in one of the episodes.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 04:36   Link #170
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Do I sense a non-believer in the true strength of Osana-Najimi? Do I? Do I really???? Repent, you heathen! Take back your blasphemy!

Spoiler for bunch of anime:


But how about the rest of anime from 2000 onwards? Here's a list if you're interested, and it's pretty extensive if you ask me.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=52

70% win record is impressive, no? So good rule of thumb... if a guy knew a girl in childhood and was very good friends with her for even a short period of time, more often than not that girl will win.



BTW, your definition of osana-najimi doesn't seem to fit a lot of characters, who even in the source itself says they're childhood friends. Take for example a classic, Martian Successor Nadesico. Yurika hasn't seen Akito for a long time (a decade maybe?), and yet they're still considered childhood friends by the characters themselves, even more so than Jun is to Yurika despite Jun knowing Yurika longer. Or Tsuyokiss, where the main leads have known each other only in kindergarten and yet are still mentioned inside the anime as childhood friends? Or of course, everyone who's seen the beginning of Genshiken knows that Kousaka and Saki are considered as childhood friends as well. Need I name more? Tell me, I can talk all day about childhood friends....

Even in games, this is also true. I won't say anything more than this, but by far the most popular character of Ar Tonelico IS considered a childhood friend even in-game, despite THAT person having totally forgotten the childhood friend's existence altogether.

So the pattern I've seen of my absolute moe element? It's that if two people are VERY good friends with each other when they're young (middle school and earlier by most accounts), even for a short period of time, they're considered childhood friends.

Of course, there is the 'life-long' childhood friend, of which is the one you're referring to originally. But really, that is only a subset of the entire childhood friend group, because of the reasons stated above. If you want, I can shorten my list of childhood friends to only include the 'life-long' ones, but I don't think it'll change the 70% win percentage. If any, I think it will actually rise...



Now coming back on topic, I think everybody missed that Aiko also is most probably osana-najimi. While she might not go as far back as Hiromi does with Shin, she has known him long enough to consider him as 'otouto' in one of the episodes.

I don't want to keep derailing this but that list has many shows that don't have real childhoodfriend, though it has a lot of good show where the childhoodfriend won.
Spoiler:

And yes I agree with nadasico being childhood friends, and a few other. You are childhood friends if you live close to each other during your "CHILDHOOD". Like in Gatekeeper, they live next to each other and even after they were separaterd and then reunited they are childhoodfriend. Going to the same school after your are teenagers or live next to each other when you move in is not childhoodfriends.

Kaze no stigma is open ended. They were not even dating! Though I will give it to you as they were second cousins and it seems they were headed to end together. Still it is more open ended.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-02-12 at 04:48.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 04:50   Link #171
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
At nearly the halfway point here is how things stand, as I see them anyway..

Aiko clearly has feelings for Shin but hasn't been able to tell him, to further mess things up she got into a relationship with Shin's best friend. It looks like she was able to stand the current situation but hearing "progress" reports from Nobuse about Hiromi and Shin, as well as this new girl Noe has clearly made her had enough.

Noe doesn't really know how she feels about Shin atm and even offered to help him get back together with Hiromi. She seems to be more interested in making him "fly" than going out with, though her big brother who knows more about her than she does disagrees..

Hiromi seems to have liked Shin for a long time yet after that revelation from Shin's mother she buried her feelings as well as becoming distant from him. Of course once she sees Shin with Noe it seems she's unable to keep those feelings in check and started to open up to Shin again.

Now with Shin he's clearly crushing hard on Hiromi, is just friends with Aiko and is um.. an acquaintance with Noe... lol. Now when I see the brake down like that how the hell do you stretch the show out for another 7 episodes and keep people guessing?

Hiromi "Should I tell you something incredible? My birthday is later, so you would be the big brother."

^ That's how.

Now onto the meat of things with Hiromi and Shin being related. Personally I don't buy it.. At first I thought the chances of them being related were very high but at around the 4th episode mark I thought they were making it too obvious. It's also been revealed too early in the show to end up being true imo. Now I hate using other shows to cite examples but for anyone who has seen Myself;Yourself think about the Love Hotel and House burning incidents and how the obvious candidates were not it. I feel that they are trying to throw a curve ball here as well to stop people from just straight up assuming it's going to be Shin X Hiromi.

Now to actually use stuff from the show, did you notice the expression on Shin's mother when Hiromi brought it up? Not only that but she said "You remember that conversation?". Um you told her a year ago that her father isn't her father and yet you're actually shocked that she remembers it... wtf.. That just doesn't make any sense, of course anyone would remember if if they were told that yet she's shocked and clearly surprised.

So to sum it up as too why I think it's not true. Too obvious, too early and Shin's mother being shocked/surprised she remembered that conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
3. The speculations about Jun are fascinating. Jun is fascinating. Is he in love with Noe just as a sister, or more? What did he realize when Hiromi reacted to his saying Shin and Noe were dating? Did he decide he had to seduce her to get her away from Shin? Did he see her as a kindred spirit, in love with the one she can't have? I had that feeling when they were together in the park, after he said his thing about not being able to love the thing you love. Then I would read his stroking her hair and jaw as him putting her in Noe's place in his mind, which is a beloved place. In any case, she was clearly bowled over by his masculine charm.
I don't think I've seen anyone else have the same positive outlook for Jun like you have. I also don't really think Hiromi is lusting after him, Jun was probably the first guy to touch her face and mouth like that during her moment of weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
One slight clue: Noe is first in the ED parade
The ending starts out with the two chickens so it makes sense for Noe to be the first behind them. Shin is walking behind Noe and next to Aiko and Hiromi, Hiromi's friend and Nobuse are not next to Hiromi or Aiko, Jun is walking 2 away from Hiromi etc.

Also like it's already been said Hiromi was the first to be shown in the OP and to add to that she was the last to disappear on the logo screen.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 05:16   Link #172
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
With these theories, I have a concern with one of the points. Shin'ichiro is the older brother, since he was born first. Hence, it most likely means that Shin's dad would have needed to sleep with Shin's mom, then sleep with Hiromi's mom, but end up back with Shin's mom. Something just doesn't add up, if all this is true.
I'm actually in the belief that those two don't have any close-family ties in anyway. That part of my theory was to show why Shin's mother resent Hiromi so much. I agree with you on the matter that something doesn't add up considering both of them were born in a short period of time. The show will get to that explanation eventually, but it's sure going to make us suffer before it gets to that explanation.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 06:03   Link #173
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I was thinking, but the way that Nobuse Confessed to Aiko seems to be an all time first!
Maybe someone can correct me, but I never seen a confession with a "THIRD WHEEL" right there helping. I have seen many hook ups and people spying while confessions are being made, or people being witnesses to confessions, but never a double teaming like what Nobuse and Shin did. Now I understand why Aiko said "you didn't have too..."
that's what i was thinking too. having a friend of the one you liked confessed to you, it would be and automatic turn down, im sorry but i like someone else scenario.

but! being the goody good boy that shinichiro is, he actually stood there in broad daylight while nobuse took the freaking chance of his life and confessed to her. Aiko probably knew that the one who set that scene up was shinichiro so she was held in a pinch because turning nobuse down would make shinichiro look at her in a seemingly bad light.

Spoiler for the scene:


and whatever happens, im rooting for Hiromi x Shin till the end ( i would have wanted hiromi to end up with someone else, but there's a huge lack of guys in these series. what do we have here? a dense good boy, a silent-kai(from kimikiss)-like type basketball player, and the good boy's best friend who seemingly has the most stable mindset in the bunch)
Supah Em is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 06:20   Link #174
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
that's what i was thinking too. having a friend of the one you liked confessed to you, it would be and automatic turn down, im sorry but i like someone else scenario.

but! being the goody good boy that shinichiro is, he actually stood there in broad daylight while nobuse took the freaking chance of his life and confessed to her. Aiko probably knew that the one who set that scene up was shinichiro so she was held in a pinch because turning nobuse down would make shinichiro look at her in a seemingly bad light.

Spoiler for the scene:


and whatever happens, im rooting for Hiromi x Shin till the end ( i would have wanted hiromi to end up with someone else, but there's a huge lack of guys in these series. what do we have here? a dense good boy, a silent-kai(from kimikiss)-like type basketball player, and the good boy's best friend who seemingly has the most stable mindset in the bunch)
I think Aiko likes Shin very much to the extent where she doesn't want to make him look bad in front of his friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
seriously, someone should put some massive sense into shinichiro and tell him how dense he has since episode 1 of this series. i'm hoping noe's the one who does that.
[/SPOILER]

and whatever happens, im rooting for Hiromi x Shin till the end ( i would have wanted hiromi to end up with someone else, but there's a huge lack of guys in these series. what do we have here? a dense good boy, a silent-kai(from kimikiss)-like type basketball player, and the good boy's best friend who seemingly has the most stable mindset in the bunch)
At least they all seem to be decent guys and none is a pervert.

*hoping for a Hiromi x Shin ending.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 06:25   Link #175
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Blog article is up:

[RIUVA] True Tears, Episode 6

Not my best this week, sorry about that. >_<
Ascaloth is online now  
Old 2008-02-12, 07:00   Link #176
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Blog article is up:

[RIUVA] True Tears, Episode 6

Not my best this week, sorry about that. >_<
hey ascaloth, there are 7 more episodes left in true tears! it is 13 episodes!
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 07:03   Link #177
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
hey ascaloth, there are 7 more episodes left in true tears! it is 13 episodes!
Thanks for the catch. You can tell how out of it I am today...
Ascaloth is online now  
Old 2008-02-12, 07:09   Link #178
Darklightz
Wagering his life...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Wow what a train wreck is serie is becoming!

First of all I think Ai-chan is very cruel to Nobuse. It's bad enough that she won't even admit to him she doesn't like him she had to rub in his face how she picked the sweater that Shin touched.

Yui's asking Hiromi out sounded like a business transaction. He's truly doing this only to make Shin go out with Noe to make her happy. I suppose that makes him a good big brother but also an awful person.

At this point it's really hard to say wich girl has a best chance at Shin. If Ai dumps Nobuse, Shin would likely not want to date her as it would seem like betraying his best friend. Hiromi's revelation and her recent cold attitude towards him left him to believe she has no feelings for him so it would take a really dramatic event to change that. And while Shin told Noe to leave him alone it was mostly because he wanted some time alone to think, but the fact that he feels forced to go out with her might sour the relationship.
Darklightz is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 07:15   Link #179
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Wow what a train wreck is serie is becoming!

First of all I think Ai-chan is very cruel to Nobuse. It's bad enough that she won't even admit to him she doesn't like him she had to rub in his face how she picked the sweater that Shin touched.
I think she let him off EASY! She could have told him straight that she is not in love with him and that she likes Shin. That is why she has stayed with him all this time, because she couldn't find a way to tell him. You see Aiko can accept Shin and Hiromi, but what made her break up, was seeing Shin with Noe! She was trying to ask Shin about Noe and him the other day, but she was interrupted by Nobuse! That is why she told him he didn't have to hurry to come and meet her.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 08:21   Link #180
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
How is she not cruel, she should have turned Nobuse down at the start if that was the case. They've been together for some time now and every moment of it was a complete lie. If that isn't cruel and massive amounts of hurt I don't know what is.
Sylphic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.