AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-10, 23:05   Link #21
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post

after homosexiality, sado-masochism and all other deviant relationships, I have no problems accepting something as this

one can argue the truth coming from lawyers, but that's another discussion about "ethics"
Agreed. On a ethical standard, you cannot simply state "ewwww, nasty!" Just because your views aren't the same, you have the right to discuss the filth in any way such, but overall you opinion is very limited and the person it only affect is yourself. But sadly the law is stronger than ethical standard and this kind of action is candonable in our society today, and myself disagree with underage sex too; Only due to the far expanse of the age.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 23:06   Link #22
Ziv

You people who are going on and on about "It's ok because they love each other" obviously don't know anything about age of consent laws. Children are NOT FIT to make decisions like that! And did you even read it?! They "fell in love" after a sexual encounter in his car!!!! You really think it was a responsible informed choice on the part of the girl?! And it most certainly is hurting people. Mainly the child for being thrust into this kind of relationship before she's able to deal with the consequences.

Last edited by Ziv; 2008-02-11 at 01:05.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 23:16   Link #23
Archontic
Power of the Damager

Send a message via AIM to Archontic Send a message via MSN to Archontic
Cruel as it may seem of me, I believe that the best teacher is experience. Call me old-fashioned. That's why I don't intend on having children. I'd be a piss poor father.

If I cannot move heaven, I will raise Hell.
Archontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 23:24   Link #24
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archontic View Post
Cruel as it may seem of me, I believe that the best teacher is experience. Call me old-fashioned. That's why I don't intend on having children. I'd be a piss poor father.
That might apply if this was something you could actually learn from, and if it was even a legal choice on her part. In this case, a mistake leads to her getting pregnant, or getting involved in a bad marriage and having her life ruined or who knows what. And what's she supposed to learn from it? Don't let people exploit you when you're a kid and don't know any better? It'll be a bit too late for that once the damage is done.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 23:33   Link #25
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
You people who are going on and on about "It's ok because they love each other" obviously don't know anything about age of consent laws. Children are NOT FIT to make decisions like that! And did you even read it?! They "fell in love" after a sexual encounter in his car!!!! You really think it was a responsible informed choice on the part of the girl?! And it most certainly is hurting people. Mainly the child for being thrust into this kind of relationship before she's able to deal with the consequences.
actually, it began with text-messaging, though there's not much difference there. one more thing i'd like to point out is how people say they're not hurting anybody. i mean, there's a pretty good chance that the girl has parents, if not at least friends or relatives. they're affected, and so are we. why else would we post our thoughts if we are not affected?
Old 2008-02-11, 00:06   Link #26
Lanner Falcon
Lord of the Crimson Realm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Wait, so they're going against their own law?

Then why have statuary rape in the first place?
To be honest, I suppose it would be better to allow it, if the alternative was contempting yourselves, and your law… (as I think such a decision may be). Good point.

As for whether its right or wrong… As far as I've seen, its a matter of personnel opinion, and more often then not, circumstances that the rest of us can't observe.
Lanner Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 00:13   Link #27
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Truer words were never said. A thirteen year old girl cannot make this kind of decision that will drastically change her life forever. Forget all the love crap, she's still a kid.
Old 2008-02-11, 00:29   Link #28
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Heehee... I've been saying for a while how paedophlia (though whether the involved in this case can be identified as such is debatable) and relationships crossing the age of consent is very slowly crawling in the same direction homosxeuality was a few decades ago. I be rofl'ing at this thread.

Of course, I'm not talking about child molestation or raep; just consensual stuff like they're saying this incident was.
Old 2008-02-11, 02:25   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thought experiment

The world falls apart. only two people left: 1 13yr old girl and 1 30 yr old guy. They get along really well personality-wise.

What do people suggest?
Old 2008-02-11, 02:40   Link #30
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The human race should perish. Or they should at least wait until she's 18. It's the only moral and appropriate thing to do. Apparently.
Old 2008-02-11, 02:57   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh.... we should form an act.
Old 2008-02-11, 02:59   Link #32
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archontic View Post
Meh, there's something to be said for letting your children learn through experience. However, there comes a point when a parent needs to put their foot down, and say no. This isn't the little girl's fault, or the guy's fault, for that matter. Where were the parents of this 13-year-old girl while she was out with this guy? Parents take no responsibility for their kids anymore. It's retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
The human race should perish. Or they should at least wait until she's 18. It's the only moral and appropriate thing to do. Apparently.
I vote perish. Like the late, great Bill Hicks said; "We're a virus with shoes, that's all we are."
Old 2008-02-11, 03:14   Link #33
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh.... we should form an act.
"Gray is an Illusion" feat. Vexx and FatPianoBoy. I like it
Old 2008-02-11, 03:15   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Thought experiment

The world falls apart. only two people left: 1 13yr old girl and 1 30 yr old guy. They get along really well personality-wise.

What do people suggest?
I suggest that it's not a viable genepool anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Meh, there's something to be said for letting your children learn through experience. However, there comes a point when a parent needs to put their foot down, and say no. This isn't the little girl's fault, or the guy's fault, for that matter.
Actually, it is pretty much the guy's fault. He had the responsibility of keeping his pants on.

And while I'm sure the parents carry some responsibility for not teaching their kid better... You can't expect them to have a 24/7 surveillance on her, either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 03:28   Link #35
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author

Anyone here has a picture of the couple? Curious.

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 03:33   Link #36
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, it is pretty much the guy's fault. He had the responsibility of keeping his pants on.

And while I'm sure the parents carry some responsibility for not teaching their kid better... You can't expect them to have a 24/7 surveillance on her, either.
I may have been hasty in suggesting that it's not the guy's fault, because he should bear some responsibility, but I have to blame the parents mostly. She's 13 years old! When I was 13, my parents had 24/7 surveillance on me (for the most part; they certainly at least knew where I was). She still doesn't have any real freedoms as an adult at 13, because she lacks the mental capacity to make responsible choices, and so it's the parents job to keep her safe and make those choices for her. They failed, this happened; their fault.
Old 2008-02-11, 03:38   Link #37
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
I suggest that it's not a viable genepool anyway.
I suggest that you're dodging the question
Old 2008-02-11, 04:29   Link #38
Gemstar
Banned

I support the love for that man and girl whole heartedly. Allow them to be happy why get in their pathway to love ? Age is only a figure , it has nothing to do with love. It Government or law gets in the way of it who cares, the love they both share is the only thing that matters. Love is unconditional of any terms. be it man to man or woman to woman. It is normal to do otherwise because everyone / the majority says it is so. So for the rest of our lives we are gonna live by this boundary ? They put that law there to limit us so that men cannot date girls at that age ! It is sick because you make it sick. If you believe it is not sick then it is not.
Let people be happy.
Gemstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 04:33   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's not man to woman, though. It's man to child.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 04:51   Link #40
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
It's not man to woman, though. It's man to child.
Actually, she's barely under the age of consent in most of Europe and is of age in Japan. 13 was about the usual age for marriage back in the day. Most of the time they turned out fine.
Also, it's hard to gauge whether or not she is a child in mind without having met her.