AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 89 40.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 27.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-18, 05:47   Link #261
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
What do you mean? If there's a nitpick you'd like to pick, I'll elaborate on it.
You mean like in this thread ?

it's funny how you dont answer when people are pointing the flaws in your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
And I'm too lazy to write a script. I'd be like the guy standing over the writing staff's heads with a bamboo cane, ready to give them a good wack whenever they insult the intelligence of the viewers, which is something they like to do on a regular basis.
Quote:
Rather I think you're unable to answer it.
I believe thoses two quotes will tell you why people are labelling you troll: nitpicking and condescending posts.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 05:51   Link #262
Chase

Quote:
Can you give an example of a nitpick that shouldn't have been picked? Truthfully things like no one noticing Tieria launching doesn't bother me all that much, but the fact that there aren't many redeemable qualities to this show's cast and overall plot, makes me less forgiving.
Now if i pointed to some, you would just say its not right? What would that accomplish? Would turn out to be a useless conversation. As far as redeemable qualities, show's casts and plot, thats virtually TBD. i read alot boards in regards to Gundam 00 and alot of people are saying the direct opposite of what your saying in regards to the redeemable quality, show casts and overall plot.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 05:55   Link #263
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
You mean like in this thread ?

it's funny how you dont answer when people are pointing the flaws in your argument.
Sight an example of me not answering when a flaw is pointed out.

Quote:
I believe thoses two quotes will tell you why people are labelling you troll: nitpicking and condescending posts.
The first was clearly a joke. The second was a harsh response to someone responding, but not responding to something I said. Like "Haha! I'm not going to answer! Majority rules!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Now if i pointed to some, you would just say its not right? What would that accomplish? Would turn out to be a useless conversation. As far as redeemable qualities, show's casts and plot, thats virtually TBD. i read alot boards in regards to Gundam 00 and alot of people are saying the direct opposite of what your saying in regards to the redeemable quality, show casts and overall plot.
I'm curious. Please do it.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 05:56   Link #264
Ichimaru

Lagna = richest person in the world

So where does that put allejandro and wang lu mie?

IMO they are his underlings and there secretaries all report directly back to lagna, thats what i think.

With that amount of money all his doing is creating war, and tender bidding the rebuilding contracts.

Lagna imo released those new units to the 3 factions, he or whatever organization he belongs to is not losing money out of this. Im sure ppl in this sort of situation hold alot of the earths natural resources.

Now its about time earths elite pilots have gundams

a good example? NEOCONS
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 05:59   Link #265
encia

Quote:
Rather I think you're unable to answer it.

If Gundam OO was mindless entertainment, I'd be satisfied with letting it be.
The fact that it's pretending to be complicated is what's pissing me off the most. This show could actually be as interesting as it likes to pretend it is, but they obviously need someone like me on their writing staff.
There's fanfiction.net btw... Via survey's statistics, your views are not shared by the majority.

There’s a balance between simplistic and complex. If the plot is too complex you might lose the audience and if the plot is too simplistic you might not able to keep your audience’s interest.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 06:09   Link #266
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
There's fanfiction.net btw... Via survey's statistics, your views are not shared by the majority.

There’s a balance between simplistic and complex. If the plot is too complex you might lose the audience and if the plot is too simplistic you might not able to keep your audience’s interest.
I think the only major disagreement is whether the show is any good or not. People don't seem to disagree with my views or my points. Only my attitude of taking issue with what's going on in the show.

I sit in judgement, while most others simply watch for bewbs and mecha. Can't really fault them for that since the girls are freakin' hot, even if their personalities and ambitions are totally evil and self-serving.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:10   Link #267
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
If the relative realism we've seen is any indication, Setsuna = in for it. Not even Kira in Freedom could take on 3 coordinated druggies, and from the looks of it, Setsuna can't even pose a threat to one Michael Trinity, and realistically so. This isn't GSD. Emotion does not power up your Gundam here.
So, what happened to EP07 04:26 which resulted in the activation of Exia's true capability?
What’s emotion in terms of electrical brain function?

One could design a system that responds to incoming sound amplitude or increase brain's electrical patterns coming from the user.

Nintendo Wii’s controls could be programmed to take account the actions associated with intense emotions. My MIDI keyboard can detect on how hard I press the keys and responds accordingly.

Last edited by encia; 2008-02-18 at 06:23.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:21   Link #268
Chase

Quote:

I'm curious. Please do it.
The things is, i just pointed out why its useless to do so in regards to you. So me doing it just for your curiosity would be silly and pointless if we both know the outcome right? Again, i was only trying to give my OPINION on why people view some of your posts the way they do. You do seem to over think on things at times and be unrealistic to certain expectation of things in regards to certain things at certain times imo. But at the same time i like your perspective on things as well. I guess ima end my convo of this with this point to keep it more on the topic at hand so its deaded now on my side.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 06:23   Link #269
philmein

Coward?
Nande?
According to what you've stated so far, I see this being a another failure to you just like GSD.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 06:29   Link #270
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Sigh... Louise gave Saji an out and he took it
Old 2008-02-18, 06:29   Link #271
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
The things is, i just pointed out why its useless to do so in regards to you. So me doing it just for your curiosity would be silly and pointless if we both know the outcome right? Again, i was only trying to give my OPINION on why people view some of your posts the way they do. You do seem to over think on things at times and be unrealistic to certain expectation of things in regards to certain things at certain times imo. But at the same time i like your perspective on things as well. I guess ima end my convo of this with this point to keep it more on the topic at hand so its deaded now on my side.
I just want to clear up any misunderstandings, although the second half of this post opens up a whole other can of worms, what with "certain things" and "certain expectations" and "certain times". I like specifics and those last few quotes were anything but, but I'll let it go since you don't seem to want to argue even though I don't really think I'm being all that arguementive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Coward?
Nande?
According to what you've stated so far, I see this being a another failure to you just like GSD.
You basically said to write me off and ignore me, while stating I believed Gundam OO is a failure just like GSD. Gundam OO certainly does fail, but for whole other reasons than what made GSD fail.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:39   Link #272
sart

Quote:
You basically said to write me off and ignore me, while stating I believed Gundam OO is a failure just like GSD. Gundam OO certainly does fail, but for whole other reasons than what made GSD fail.
wesley's opinion = fact
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 06:39   Link #273
encia

Quote:
I think the only major disagreement is whether the show is any good or not.
Have you done any inference statistic subjects? According to the statistics, the swing is towards the good category.

PS; Statistics shouldn’t stop you from making your views known (do it with diplomacy).

Quote:
People don't seem to disagree with my views or my points.
Care to do a poll with your POV?

Quote:
Only my attitude of taking issue with what's going on in the show.

I sit in judgement, while most others simply watch for bewbs and mecha. Can't really fault them for that since the girls are freakin' hot,
There are other animes with "hot" anime girls e.g. Mai-Otome, Mai-Hime, Shana and 'etc'. Gundam 00 doesn’t have a monopoly on this particular subject.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:42   Link #274
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Sigh... Louise gave Saji an out and he took it
Louise made Saji a promise to share his dream with her.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:52   Link #275
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sart View Post
wesley's opinion = fact
You're reading something into what I said that I did not say. I was making myself clear, nothing more. If you have an issue with my opinion(s), feel free to disagree.

Quote:
Have you done any inference statistic subjects? According to the statistics, the swing is towards the good category.
You mean like college courses?

Quote:
Care to do a poll with your POV?
A poll saying what exactly? If people agree with my POV in general, a poll on specific opinions. Something tells me people wouldn't give their answer due consideration, but I'll think about it.

Quote:
There are other animes with "hot" anime girls e.g. Mai-Otome, Mai-Hime, Shana and 'etc'. Gundam 00 doesn’t have a monopoly on this particular subject.
And people watch those shows for those reasons. Pretty much the same reason why people watch OO, which was my point.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:02   Link #276
grey_moon

Quote:
Louise made Saji a promise to share his dream with her.
That was an out. He could have carried on his dream there if he really wanted to. This is the second time he has had a chance to act supporting, but he failed imho. The first was the ring, he could have said something encouraging but he didn't. Now this time. Just off the top of my head I would say he could have:

Suggested to wait for her and carry on their dreams later, and that his dream includes her *throws up*

Called the uni explaining their situation, I am sure distance learning is far better in GD00 days. Not only can he carry on his studies whilst being there for her, he could try to encourage her to study to take her mind off the lorry load of s**t that just dropped on her head.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:04   Link #277
Wesley84

Quote:
That was an out. He could have carried on his dream there if he really wanted to. This is the second time he has had a chance to act supporting, but he failed imho. The first was the ring, he could have said something encouraging but he didn't. Now this time. Just off the top of my head I would say he could have:

Suggested to wait for her and carry on their dreams later, and that his dream includes her *throws up*

Called the uni explaining their situation, I am sure distance learning is far better in GD00 days. Not only can he carry on his studies whilst being there for her, he could try to encourage her to study to take her mind off the lorry load of s**t that just dropped on her head.
Yep. Yep.

The writers clearly want Saji in Japan for some scene they've concocted that probably involves his sister being killed.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:07   Link #278
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

Aaah the poor Kinue is about to buy the farm... too bad,she had a good set

meh the new units do not look like 1337 at all, they kinda suxx. EPIC FAIL for those.
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 07:08   Link #279
grey_moon

Quote:
Yep. Yep.

The writers clearly want Saji in Japan for some scene they've concocted that probably involves his sister being killed.
What ever the reason, he better not waste the chance that Louise has given him by jumping into a Gundam, installing an ace pilot hack and get revenge whilst not studying to become an engineer and achieve his dream the way Louise wanted him to. Yeah yeah I know he will have the chance to fly into space to blow up some evil trinitys... *sigh*
Old 2008-02-18, 07:09   Link #280
Wesley84

Quote:
What ever the reason, he better not waste the chance that Louise has given him by jumping into a Gundam, installing an ace pilot hack and get revenge whilst not studying to become an engineer and achieve his dream the way Louise wanted him to. Yeah yeah I know he will have the chance to fly into space to blow up some evil trinitys... *sigh*
Meisters too. I see no reason to discriminate between the two.