AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 89 40.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 27.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-18, 07:11   Link #281
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Meisters too. I see no reason to discriminate between the two.
Heh more likely the trinities will use him to beat the meisters and at the very last moment he will find out that it really was the trinitys who were the evil ones and save the day
Old 2008-02-18, 07:14   Link #282
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Heh more likely the trinities will use him to beat the meisters and at the very last moment he will find out that it really was the trinitys who were the evil ones and save the day
Ugh, I hate to admit it, but that's probably what's going to happen. The show likes to pass the blame to someone else other than the Meisters. Whether it's to Ali or the Thrones, the Meisters only deal judgements and are entirely above it.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 07:18   Link #283
encia

Quote:
That was an out. He could have carried on his dream there if he really wanted to. This is the second time he has had a chance to act supporting, but he failed imho. The first was the ring, he could have said something encouraging but he didn't. Now this time. Just off the top of my head I would say he could have:

Suggested to wait for her and carry on their dreams later, and that his dream includes her *throws up*
Atleast Louise is not being self centred i.e. She's concerns about Saji's dream and her dream (entrusted her dream with Saji's dream).
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 07:23   Link #284
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Atleast Louise is not being self centred i.e. She's concerns about Saji's dream and her dream (entrusted her dream with Saji's dream).
Louise's actually a strong, thoughtful girl. She's not as self-centered as she likes to act sometimes. That's what it means to be a tsundere. A really nice girl that acts selfish on the outside, although you can really tell that Louise does it in a good natured, friendly manner.

Which is why it was so pitiful to see her being so weak this last episode.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:25   Link #285
CombiHenge

8/10 - good ep

Good episode - interesting developments. Looking at the preview - who fixes the Thrones?

It appears more like the Trinity bunch are not only naive, they are becoming more expendable. With all the big three (AEU, Union and HRL) all out to get them, it would be interesting to see if the real Celestial Being will return the favor in saving them.

Back to the room with the 30 GN drive clones, around them, are those empty holes, or are they just lighting effects? There's 18 of them from what I saw.
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 07:31   Link #286
encia

Quote:
You mean like college courses?
It’s either advance math in some high schools or college/uni subjects.

Quote:
A poll saying what exactly? If people agree with my POV in general, a poll on specific opinions. Something tells me people wouldn't give their answer due consideration, but I'll think about it.
Well, some people looks at the whole package.

Quote:
And people watch those shows for those reasons. Pretty much the same reason why people watch OO, which was my point.
That's one of the many reasons, but 00 doesn't have a monopoly on this subject.
00’s fan service is relativity tame compared to MyOtome.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:32   Link #287
encia

Quote:
Louise's actually a strong, thoughtful girl. She's not as self-centered as she likes to act sometimes. That's what it means to be a tsundere. A really nice girl that acts selfish on the outside, although you can really tell that Louise does it in a good natured, friendly manner.
Well, some people likes to push all the buttons…
Old 2008-02-18, 07:36   Link #288
grey_moon

Quote:
Most defiantly... She is portraying my idealised selfless love, but only if she doesn't do anything stupid.

Ofc it would be a kick in the teeth for Saji if he finds out she has gone to space because that handsome who doctor pulled her out of her self deprecating mood and fits her up with a robotic arm.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:37   Link #289
Wesley84

Quote:
That's one of the many reasons, but 00 doesn't have a monopoly on this subject.
00’s fan service is relativity tame compared to MyOtome.
I wouldn't be surprised if OO was plagued by the writers and animators of the My Series. Certainly seems to be full of the same garbage.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:39   Link #290
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

Quote:
Most defiantly... She is portraying my idealised selfless love, but only if she doesn't do anything stupid.

Ofc it would be a kick in the teeth for Saji if he finds out she has gone to space because that handsome who doctor pulled her out of her self deprecating mood and fits her up with a robotic arm.
heh that would be a good reason for ol'Saji to wear a mask, wouldn't it ?
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 07:39   Link #291
grey_moon

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if OO was plagued by the writers and animators of the My Series. Certainly seems to be full of the same garbage.
*thwaps you with a big paper fan* - luckily I removed the metal pole from it

@Bring d0wn tEh Sky - LOL and it would fulfil the req for the masked person
Old 2008-02-18, 07:40   Link #292
Wesley84

Quote:
*thwaps you with a big paper fan* - luckily I removed the metal pole from it
"Brought to by the creators of Idolmaster Xenoglossia is...GUNDAM OO!"

Hm. Actually, the Director for Gundam OO also did Slayers Next.

...I suppose that just proves directors are overrated.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:52   Link #293
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

Question a little off topic : is it worth to get the Nyoro subs ? I don't speak at all japanese, and sometimes there's quite a difference between traductions. Example, Johann being teased by Neena about being Pwned by Graham ( BTW )

Johans answered

nyoro : It was caught off guard that's all

mendoi : that was impressive tough

Do not get me wrong ,I don't want to start or continue a war VS which is better. Just tell me if it is total crap or at least a little accurate
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 07:55   Link #294
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring d0wn tEh Sky View Post
Question a little off topic : is it worth to get the Nyoro subs ? I don't speak at all japanese, and sometimes there's quite a difference between traductions. Example, Johann being teased by Neena about being Pwned by Graham ( BTW )

Johans answered

nyoro : It was caught off guard that's all

mendoi : that was impressive tough

Do not get me wrong ,I don't want to start or continue a war VS which is better. Just tell me if it is total crap or at least a little accurate
Shinsen said something entirely different from either of them. I guess you should just pick one and run with it.
Old 2008-02-18, 08:34   Link #295
Lonely

mendoi is alright but i do remember some bad grammar in seed
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 08:38   Link #296
Ichimaru

Quote:
Louise made Saji a promise to share his dream with her.
Dunno what dream it was but it was clearly the more she was around him, it was like a burden to him, it was holding back his dreams. pussywhipped?
Old 2008-02-18, 08:54   Link #297
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I know I'm late, but what the heck.

-The conversation between Lockon and Setsuna was not very well executed, IMO, since most of Tieria's comments seemed out of sync and poorly timed. Might have something to do with the fact that he said it flatly, though. Even Lockon's laugh felt forced, and while the talk about God was interesting enough for a distraction, the entire segment just felt bad. I suppose one might blast Lockon for being such a fool in regards to taking revenge, since Setsuna was not the culprit nor the mastermind of the attack, but you can't expect him to just give up after receiving a nice little clue about the organisation responsible.

Didn't quite like the insert song either, but that's personal opinion, I suppose. It just didn't feel right for that part.

-Kinue = true professional. Like one of those reporters who doesn't give a second thought to the dangers of finding the truth and publishing it. As much as I admire that about her, I can't help but feel that she might not live long, not past this season.

-I'm wondering why some people are criticising Louise for being shown to be 'weak', though. She's a human, and humans have emotions. No matter how strong she might be mentally, there's always a soft spot that will hit her hard enough for tears to fall. In this case, it was telling Saji to leave her in an indirect way.

-Ah, so sad...I'm inclined to agree with Christina there. While I haven't gotten to the point where there's hatred for them, the Thrones are feeling a little more obscure to me right now. However, I'm curious as to what this 'plan' is that Johann mentioned which must seemingly include all the Gundams.

-As usual, the fight was relatively short and perhaps lacking in a bit of excitment. It was nice to see Setsuna going up against Michael and almost seemingly holding his own, but Virtue/Nadleeh stole the show. It was a nice display, though, because at least Nadleeh has something special other than to surprise the shit out of Tieria's enemies.
Which reminds me...How long does it take for Neena and Johann to take aim and fire at Virtue? Maybe they were bedazzled by the display of parts flying off.

-In more ways than one, Wang Liu Mei might actually be somewhat similar to Ali. She supports the side which can make the changes, so I wouldn't be surprised if she just ditched CB for something else that would help her achieve what she wants. Speaking of which, we never got any information about why she wants the world to change. I hope she's not a major character.

This episode was a little 'meh-ish' for me with poor execution on several parts, but on the whole it's decent enough.
Old 2008-02-18, 09:04   Link #298
Kisuke06
I see...

I can't believe Saji left Louise alone... that was the perfect moment for him to show that he has balls and say "the hell with space, i want to be with you".

And Tieria was so close, so freaking close that I was already smiling.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 09:05   Link #299
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
I can't believe Saji left Louise alone... that was the perfect moment for him to show that he has balls and say "the hell with space, i want to be with you".

And Tieria was so close, so freaking close that I was already smiling.
Why would you cheer for Tieria over the Thrones?
Old 2008-02-18, 09:12   Link #300
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Why would you cheer for Tieria over the Thrones?
It's not that I'm cheering for Tieria, I'm just anti-Throne, anyone that tries to destroy them is my friend.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote