AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 08:17   Link #161
james0246

^I always took the comment to mean that the Admirals were the strongest weapon, not specifically Aokiji...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:40   Link #162
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Yes, you are correct James. The 3 admirals are labelled the "ultimate assault force" of the marines. Furthermore, there are no statements indicating one admiral is stronger than the other two. The 3 admirals are described as the fighters with the "highest battle potential" in the marines. That is all.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:12   Link #163
Kallen4life

that's true, I was however just comparing DF's .. if magma > fire then for sure magma > ice

but Aokijis ability to deal with water weakness by freezing it before he submerges + freezing the sea to prevent pirates from escaping is highly useful

Fleet Admiral should be a part of the marines ultimate weapon too
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 11:30   Link #164
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Fleet Admiral should be a part of the marines ultimate weapon too
I think the only reason why he isn't is because he's the one who oversees all the activities going on in the marines force. He doesn't have the time to actively get himself involved in piracy affairs, since he's busy enough as it is running the organization.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:18   Link #165
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I think the only reason why he isn't is because he's the one who oversees all the activities going on in the marines force. He doesn't have the time to actively get himself involved in piracy affairs, since he's busy enough as it is running the organization.
Which leads me to the question why they don't let somebody else, someone weaker, do the overseeing job. I mean there has got to be someone in the marine with equal tactical finesse. However, in that organization you can probably have the brain of Einstein himself, if you don't have the power to crush mountains with your finger tips, you won't go far in the ranks. They should seriously overthink their policies.
Old 2010-07-06, 16:32   Link #166
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Which leads me to the question why they don't let somebody else, someone weaker, do the overseeing job. I mean there has got to be someone in the marine with equal tactical finesse. However, in that organization you can probably have the brain of Einstein himself, if you don't have the power to crush mountains with your finger tips, you won't go far in the ranks. They should seriously overthink their policies.
We know that one has to attain the highest rank in the marines to become its leader. That means that one would have to eventually become an admiral in order to be eligible for Fleet Admiral status. Admirals have shown themselves to be very powerful, so you don't get to the top by being a weakling.

The Fleet Admiral should be a powerful figure, since he's the chief representative of an organization that stands for absolute justice.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-07-06 at 16:56.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 17:22   Link #167
Distinction

Ye in One Piece its kinda power = respect. What would happen with people like Doflamingo who went to the marine headquarter and just played with some marines. I doubt he would stop to some weak Leader.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 21:24   Link #168
ordinarystory

I guess the new admiral will be Magellan. I think only he posses the power of an admiral. Otherwise the new admiral will be a newbie in the series.
ordinarystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 13:45   Link #169
marvelB

^While I consider Mags to be VA level rather than admiral, I do agree with the possibility of him becoming a marine. After all, if Sentoumaru became a marine during the skip, then why not the mighty (former) warden?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 15:58   Link #170
Kallen4life

I think Magellan is well above any VA, except Garp, but not sure if he's admiral-level
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-11-20, 15:18   Link #171
marvelB

^While I wouldn't doubt at all that Mags is below the admirals, I feel it's kind of a stretch to say that he's above almost all VAs. I mean, of course his dealing with the world's worst criminals for such a long time means that the guy has plenty of experience, but the VAs were the ones who were out there catching those criminals in the first place, right? I'd say that Mags would roughly fit in with the likes of guys like Doberman, Onigumo or Momonga, but not the fodder VAs like those giants (not John Giant), or the guys that Dofla was playing around with. 'Twould be even more interesting to see if he's mastered the use of Haki.....
Old 2010-11-20, 15:33   Link #172
Kallen4life

don't know, Shiryuu seems stronger then the VAs to me (especially since he'll fight Zoro and Zoro at that point should definitely be post-VA level) and Magellan is >= Shiryuu (were said to be equals, but Magellan did put Shiryuu in lvl6)

also, a VA-level marine couldn't reign over ID I'd think

and his DF makes him as deadly as Akainu - an admiral (I mean in the sense that even touching them will send you in a world of pain .. with Aokiji and Kizaru they need to activate their effects on you)

in fact, I think the 2 most likely candidates for new admiral are Magellan & Smoker
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-11-20, 16:09   Link #173
marvelB

^Still, we don't really know what the rest of the VAs are capable of. In fact, out of the BC VAs the only one who revealed a DF power was Onigumo. Doberman, Momonga and the rest may have some surprises under their belt, as well......
Old 2010-11-20, 16:20   Link #174
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
the VAs were the ones who were out there catching those criminals in the first place, right
The VAs could work together, and they could call in other forces to help tho (for example, the CP9).

Magellan was the sole force keeping Impel Down secure.

Quote:
(not John Giant),
John Giant was pretty fodder.
Old 2010-11-21, 13:59   Link #175
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Not really fair to say Magellan was stronger than any prisoner, since all DF users were unable to do anything with seastone cuffs, while he can just throw crap at them whenever he wanted.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 17:15   Link #176
Shingai-san

^ True, but they are not stupid. You would assume that they would put someone in charge of ID that could take down anyone imprisoned within it in the case of a breakout.

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 23:17   Link #177
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Most of ID would be useless against a logia user. Magellan's poison would go right through them, and even their seastone bullets just passed right through Crocodile. The rain dude (however they're supposed to spell his name) was probably the only one who could stop them, but now he's defected.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 14:49   Link #178
marvelB

^If Magellan was a Haki user, then chances are that he'd be even be feared by Logias (and again, considering how long he's been detaining prisoners, it's not at all unlikely that he may be one himself).....

Anyway, on to something different that I meant to talk about before: According to OP Green, Helmeppo's ambition is to become stronger than his father Morgan and bring him to justice with his own hands. This most definitely implies that this isn't the last we've seen of the corrupt axe-armed marine. I wonder what became of him after escaping from Garp, and if he's actually managed to hide out in the New World somewhere....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
John Giant was pretty fodder.

JG was up against Whitebeard, so I think that's reason enough for his loss to be excused.

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-11-22 at 15:09.
Old 2010-11-22, 18:38   Link #179
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Last we saw of him he was passing by Jango in a boat, which I don't know if it was still in the East Blue, or in the Grand Line....

But yeah, I'd hope by now he'd be stronger, but I don't think he'd be strong enough to enter the New World..... maybe Helmeppo will hunt him down in a Mini-Arc?
Old 2010-11-23, 10:30   Link #180
Distinction

Garp so awesome. "Sry i was sleeping". But i dont understand why they would shoot on the ship without hestitation but not going after Morgan when he held the hostage. I mean the effect would be the same.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote