AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 75 43.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 28.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 17.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 7.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-25, 09:53   Link #281
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Pray and wait
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 10:25   Link #282
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
[quote removed by a moderator]
You guys chill. Right now Nyoro~n is almost released though they're the worse of the 3, Shinsen should be almost out and menclave and mendoi only need typesetting, encoding, and quality check, AND half of editing and they're done.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 10:33   Link #283
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

You know, the fansub groups don't even get paid for it. They do it in their free time, for free.

Be grateful.
Old 2008-02-25, 10:52   Link #284
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Damn, unless subs we're wrong, they can grow back limbs? o_O

Anyways, now I'm confused whether it's Alejandro or Wang who gave away the free drives or maybe someone else completely.

And about that giant ball thing in the end, Haro Gundam maybe? Really hard to believe they built something that big on the moon without everyone else finding out.

Oh and sucks for that dude, whatever his name is, he lost everything practically. His sister was actually stupid enough to drive off with Ali (a complete stranger) without any other people around, etc.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 11:13   Link #285
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

Saji's the name joo're looking for

anyway can't wait for ep.21, too bad they'll have a break after ep. 25...
So far I'm not disappointed with the show, I hope those sunrise guy keep up the good work.

Ali's a good mid-stage villain, even if he'll buy the farm soon ( I hope so). I also think we'll see the GN arms soon, because as I can see it, CB tech advantage is not that big.

and lulz / respect @ Graham in this episode; well hopefully see Custom Flags throughout the show; IMHO they're the best mass product MS since a long time ago in a galaxy far far away
Old 2008-02-25, 11:33   Link #286
jarry90
Ho'!!!!!!!

thank you narutofreak1....
jarry90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 11:38   Link #287
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am amazed at how many people keep complaining about the fansubs (or lack thereof). People are doing it out of their good will, during their free time, yet someone has the nerve to complain they aren't fast enough ? Complaining about subs is against our forum guidelines; don't post just to complain about fansubs, it will only bring trouble.
Old 2008-02-25, 11:58   Link #288
Tendou88

So..they are goin to use one G.N arms (for exia probably) if im right.
which means the meisters might lose the upcoming battle, and at near defeat, Exia gets the GN arms and pwns all.

Saji losing everything is predictable.
I think he will be meister in season-2
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 13:33   Link #289
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
So..they are goin to use one G.N arms (for exia probably) if im right.
which means the meisters might lose the upcoming battle, and at near defeat, Exia gets the GN arms and pwns all.

Saji losing everything is predictable.
I think he will be meister in season-2
How will that work? Everything he lost was due to CB so who/how would he become a meister?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 13:42   Link #290
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
How will that work? Everything he lost was due to CB so who/how would he become a meister?
It could happen... his father suddenly got several random references in the last few episodes... maybe he was part of Celestial Being.

That's the only viable way I could see him becoming involved with the main plot. It'd take a long time for him to become an official ace for one of the factions and the same for becoming a researcher - but if his father had something to do with Celestial Being he could easily enough get a Gundam as long as Veda aproves him.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:20   Link #291
Morgun

I'm kind of hoping that Saji is the one who ruins Celestial Being's plans in season 2. It would be interesting if they plotted, schemed, and manipulated events for 200 years and in the end were completely destroyed just because they pissed in some random citizen's cheerios.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:25   Link #292
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
It could happen... his father suddenly got several random references in the last few episodes... maybe he was part of Celestial Being.

That's the only viable way I could see him becoming involved with the main plot. It'd take a long time for him to become an official ace for one of the factions and the same for becoming a researcher - but if his father had something to do with Celestial Being he could easily enough get a Gundam as long as Veda aproves him.
Hmm indeed, I thought the Louise event would have set him off, but it didn't. However, I can definitely see a crazed, berzerk, MS pwnin' Saji in the future.

btw Veda would def approve since it only approves freaks, weirdos, and crazies
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 14:34   Link #293
JediNight
キズランダム

Lol stupid whiners were complaining about "lack of subs" after 36hrs eh? Figures.

Well I personally think it would be hilarious if all of this stuff comes down to "olol -- Just as planned" by Aeolia. Like maybe Ribbonz did this according to Aeolia's plans. Hell ... maybe Wong Liu Mei is the hawt sexy reincarnation of Aeolia that he's been transferring his brain to every 30 years? ;p

Because if I'm not mistaken, after Ribbonz shows Alejandro where Veda is, they go back to Ribbonz bottom-half-of-the-face zoom-in and show a smirk. So considering Ribbonz is the "same" as Tieria, it's probably "just as planned". Unless he's the "Judge" for Ragna, which is presumably another supercomputer.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 15:34   Link #294
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Based on the context, of course. When a character responds to a question along the lines of "what do you think of the methods of these new people of our organization use" and she goes "I don't care as long as the world changes," it means that she doesn't care what the methods are as long as the goal gets done. That's pretty basic literary comprehension. She's been behind CB from the beginning, not caring about casualities as long as the missions are completed. That objective-focused mindset marks her as an ideologue, not as a nihilist.
Except I don't believe she cares if the missions are completed, or if war ends. Only so long as the "world is changed". She's fairly one-dimensional don't you think? Clothes and change the world.

Quote:
One: There has been no suggestion that Veda is an AI. Therefore, it could not have "decided" to do that.

Two: An android is a artificial automaton that resembles a human. We don't know what the connection between Ribbons, Tieria, and Veda consists of, but there has been no proof that Tieria is anything but human.

Three: There has been no suggestion at all that Tieria and/or Ribbons "study" human behavior. Tieria has made one comment along the lines of "this is what it means to be human" the entire series after a bonding-moment for the Meisters. No where else has there been any semblance of support for the idea that the two are studying human behavior in any way.
Libbons and Tieria are special, and like was said, it's something from the sidestories. VEDA's even got a catgirl Gundam Meister running around somewhere. Or so I've been told.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 17:43   Link #295
JediNight
キズランダム

So what are the sidestories? 00P and 00F? Which I assume stands for Past and Future?
Old 2008-02-25, 17:43   Link #296
Eviltape

Mmm, so this episode highlights the powderkeg of stem cell research. With the whole skin cell to stem cell thing going on now (abeit expensive and time-consuming), I don't see how anyone would be offended now. Anyway, those GN particles must be something to disable them, or whatever they said.

Solar Furnaces for everyone! Woo!
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 17:48   Link #297
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
So what are the sidestories? 00P and 00F? Which I assume stands for Past and Future?
From the Wiki:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Mobile Suit Gundam 00P

A graphic novel serialized in Dengeki Hobby Magazine, featuring events before the main story. Story by Tomohiro Chiba, model conduction by Dengeki Hobby Magazine.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00F

Manga serialized in Gundam Ace starting in number December 2007. It is a side story with art by Kōichi Tokita. It also tries to link the main story to the 2 other side-stories and introduces the characters and mecha from them.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00V

Graphic novel serialized in Hobby Japan. It is told in the format of a mobile suit development history book published 20 years after the anime series, featuring photo guides of customized models.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Serialized in Kerokero Ace. It adapts the television series into comic book format. Minor changes are present, such as the use of more visually comedic facial expressions.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 18:00   Link #298
Caeruleus

So I'm not the most informed on these discussions and all but, I've got to say, the HRL counter-intervention was so awesome. Having the HRL introduce them first is just a bonus. Don't think anyone has taken as bad of a beating as the HRL has by Celestial Being (AEU comes close, but pretty much they've only gotten a few guys blown up/Patrick shot down).
Caeruleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 18:04   Link #299
Tendou88

I hope Union will put the GN drive on the Flags

because Flag unit looks much better than "GN.X"
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 18:32   Link #300
JediNight
キズランダム

Well, as far as Louise is concerned -- maybe they just don't understand the nature of the GN particles yet. Maybe with further research they will be able to treat the wounds. And the entire thing doesn't make any sense, because even if those ends were fused by the GN particles, they could just cut away/cut back to non-fused tissue and re-generate from there. I think it's just a convenient excuse to keep her maimed.

Also, it makes no sense why the GN particles would somehow be worse than being hit by their other beam weapons. All of them are a charged particle attack that would cauterize a wound.

And with the HRL counter-attack ... I have to chuckle a bit at how quickly they're able to adapt to piloting a completely new unit they have no experience with. Especially seeing how the HRL mechs seemed to be developed far differently than the Union or AEU.