AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 75 43.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 28.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 17.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 7.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-26, 02:52   Link #321
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

This week's stupidest character's decision award goes to Kinue..

WTF are you thinking, you dumbass
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 03:37   Link #322
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post

lol you know what they say about curiousity.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 03:39   Link #323
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Curiosity kills the cat and she's not even a catgirl

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 05:02   Link #324
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Curiosity kills the cat and she's not even a catgirl

Catgirls die by applying real world physics to anime.

You know what this is the first time I've considered Soma as a over enthusiastic kid.

She wants to try this new toy and she likes it!

Poor Taozi it's like last year's birthday present.

Graham's Custom Flag must be touched by Graham staying by him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 05:56   Link #325
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Catgirls die by applying real world physics to anime.

You know what this is the first time I've considered Soma as a over enthusiastic kid.

She wants to try this new toy and she likes it!

Poor Taozi it's like last year's birthday present.

Graham's Custom Flag must be touched by Graham staying by him.
lol, now I really want to see a comic strip with Soma wanting to paint his new toy pink
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 06:00   Link #326
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
lol you know what they say about curiousity.
It killed the cat
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 06:50   Link #327
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

You know the sketch zetsubou sensei where the main point is distracted by something pointless? Well I spent the whole show thinking why don't they just chop off Louise's arm above the point of damaged stem cells.

Graham is such a manly man! - "Screw you noobs in your Gundam haxor suits!"
Old 2008-02-26, 07:06   Link #328
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

NOOOO, SIS!!!!!!!!

Quote:

I don't think you can seriously blame only her. Sershes was almost way too presentable for being a scumbag he is, and she IS a reporter after all. I think the blame mostly goes to the one who actually did the shooting. You know, the criminal.

I know she is probably dead, but I wouldn't mind seeing her come back if possible. It felt like they threw her under the bus too quickly before the plot unraveled.

Also, is it me or does Veda resemble the AI systems mentioned in a lot of Gundam lore? It's like what the automated systems in Wing could've become if it was more subversive in its mission. I think it's shady that the entire world is being led on by one huge computer.

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2008-02-26 at 07:17.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 07:31   Link #329
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Again another nice episode for me - I Know that kinue gonna die sonner or later but I didn't expect Ali to kill her (suprise me there)

Call me strange but I really like it when Ali talking to kinue and that evil smile of him really giving me the chill (in good way of course)

many people saying that Saji will possibly pilot a ms but somewherehow I found it strange - Don't you guys think that the possibilities of him continuing kinue investigation have higher possibility ? and also he might bump to CB somewhere along the line

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-02-26 at 08:22.
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 07:40   Link #330
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Like Sylvester Stallone in "Over The Top" ...

Dude that wants to arm-wrestle Sly: "Daaamn You..."

Sly (With a huskier and $hittier acting voice): "Daaaaaamn You..."

Honestly though I couldn't believe people slept on that...

Earlier in the thread you got people dissing the design, calling it unGundam...It gets to me that people haven't seen the older series to really understand what's Gundam and what's not, but they jump on the soapbox quick...
I hear ya im still a fan of the older Gundam series's Gundam X is still one of my favorites back in the day when a good ol newtype was still called a newtype
Old 2008-02-26, 08:02   Link #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
Again another nice episode for me - I Know that kinue gonna die sonner or later but I didn't expect Ali to kill her (suprise me there)

Call me strange but I really like it when Ali talking to kinue and that evil smile of him really gving me the chill (in good way of couse)

many people saying that Saji will possibly pilot a ms but somewherehow I found it strange - Don't you guys think that the possibilities of him continuing kinue investigation have higher possibility ? and also he might bump to CB somewhere along the line
Like I said, Ali is a WARMONGER + PSYCHO and he loves to see his preys' facial expressions when before he "finish" them

He was not wrong when he mentioned that "war/fighting" is one of human's basic instincts though; the will to survive and to compete...

So far there are only 3 positions that Saji can be that I can think of should he become more involved and not become some "bystander"...

1. MS pilot (Gundam/other MSes)
2. MS related scientist/researcher
3. Reporter/journalist

Seeing the development, I personally believe becoming Gundam/MS pilot is the
one which is more possible since too many things related directly to him have happened

The problem is I cannot imagine how he will manage to be an MS pilot (find an unused/experimental one, stealing it, etc) and which organization/side he will be...
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 08:23   Link #332
Zeta Gundam

He could always enlist under the AEU(He and Louise are living under AEU territory correct?) Air Force or something of its equivalent(Whatever gets him in a Mobile Suit).He doesn't have to jack a Mobile Suit.

I think it would be better for him to just be a scientist though,or just not be in any kind of Military organization period.Not like we need more political or military viewpoints.It would be nice to keep a Civilian viewpoint IMO.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:40   Link #333
Colossa
Aimless Traveler

From a literary standpoint, Saji becoming a mobile suit pilot is actually not a good idea.

Up until now, Saji has been the civilian character, and still is. In the aftermath of the terrorist bombing he had been privy to, Saji acknowledges his belief that war has always been a faraway spectacle; Louise's injury and his sister's misfortunes demonstrate, to the audience, that civilians are not exempt from the effects of fighting. No telling where it may happen or when it may happen, only that it CAN happen.

Yet most civilians in real life do not jump straight into the military and gun people down. For 00, the people who choose the path of fighting are already represented in the characters of Setsuna and Lockon. The people who endure, overcome obstacles (if even in the most normal way), and continue living life are most likely to be exemplified by Saji.

Many loose threads still bind Saji to the plot, such as his relation as a neighbor to Setsuna, his sister's currently unknown fate, and perhaps his father's identity. However, having expressed his dislike of Celestial Being's arbitrary actions since the beginning, Saji's actions and character will probably lean towards non-combative and peace-oriented resolutions. That is more suited to his status as 'civilian' than the event of becoming a pilot for revenge.

Previous Gundam series show the path of revenge is possible, but supposedly the shotgunner for 00 is, more or less, a Gundam newbie. His appointment has been, on the part of Sunrise, an attempt at bringing a freshness to the series. Following tradition is nice, but unexpected occurrences in plot can distinguish 00 and move Gundam to new places. Anime is evolving, for good or for bad, and to attract new fans Gundam can no longer rely on 'Char clones' and the storyline of 'dropping something huge on Earth'. After the endless litany of revenge from all anime around and about, having Saji seek revenge will really be all too predictable and cliché.

As 'normal' people ourselves, we struggle and survive each day, however normal and unconnected to the major events of the world we may be. The strength of bearing a burden is no less than the strength it takes to fight. If Saji is to be representative of us, the normal people, then we best hope he does not lose to circumstance and instead defeats adversity without resorting to violence like everyone else in the series.
Colossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:50   Link #334
Traece
:cool:

But... But... But... Dropping something huge on Earth never fails! v_v...
I'd like a Char clone... o_O Literally. A Char clone.
Actually back to the comment about the AI, you're right... It does kind of seem that way. Possibly one giant supercomputer that's dictating the lives of all the people in every Gundam story? Perhaps in Gundam the Earth is trillions upon trillions of years old in actuality, and the Human race has evolved/regressed several different times? Their technology added to the AI by its drones for its own benefit. A selfish and entirely self-centered computer that only wants to continue to get bigger, inside the moon. How interesting would that be hm?
Old 2008-02-26, 09:52   Link #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossa View Post
From a literary standpoint, Saji becoming a mobile suit pilot is actually not a good idea.

Up until now, Saji has been the civilian character, and still is. In the aftermath of the terrorist bombing he had been privy to, Saji acknowledges his belief that war has always been a faraway spectacle; Louise's injury and his sister's misfortunes demonstrate, to the audience, that civilians are not exempt from the effects of fighting. No telling where it may happen or when it may happen, only that it CAN happen.

Yet most civilians in real life do not jump straight into the military and gun people down. For 00, the people who choose the path of fighting are already represented in the characters of Setsuna and Lockon. The people who endure, overcome obstacles (if even in the most normal way), and continue living life are most likely to be exemplified by Saji.

Many loose threads still bind Saji to the plot, such as his relation as a neighbor to Setsuna, his sister's currently unknown fate, and perhaps his father's identity. However, having expressed his dislike of Celestial Being's arbitrary actions since the beginning, Saji's actions and character will probably lean towards non-combative and peace-oriented resolutions. That is more suited to his status as 'civilian' than the event of becoming a pilot for revenge.

Previous Gundam series show the path of revenge is possible, but supposedly the shotgunner for 00 is, more or less, a Gundam newbie. His appointment has been, on the part of Sunrise, an attempt at bringing a freshness to the series. Following tradition is nice, but unexpected occurrences in plot can distinguish 00 and move Gundam to new places. Anime is evolving, for good or for bad, and to attract new fans Gundam can no longer rely on 'Char clones' and the storyline of 'dropping something huge on Earth'. After the endless litany of revenge from all anime around and about, having Saji seek revenge will really be all too predictable and cliché.

As 'normal' people ourselves, we struggle and survive each day, however normal and unconnected to the major events of the world we may be. The strength of bearing a burden is no less than the strength it takes to fight. If Saji is to be representative of us, the normal people, then we best hope he does not lose to circumstance and instead defeats adversity without resorting to violence like everyone else in the series.
You do have a point there

This time there is no particular "need" for another "MS/gundam pilot"...
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 10:15   Link #336
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Do you guys think Saji's sister really died from her wounds? Or do you think she was just injured badly leaving room for Saji to overhear the information that Ali so foolishly told her?
Old 2008-02-26, 10:24   Link #337
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Do you guys think Saji's sister really died from her wounds? Or do you think she was just injured badly leaving room for Saji to overhear the information that Ali so foolishly told her?
i would like to know that too...
Old 2008-02-26, 10:29   Link #338
GourangaPizza

Compared to the previous timeline mobile suits (E.g. Universal Century), the suits in 00 are sure too overpowered and advanced in the A.D timeline. And why 1 GN Drive per mobile suit? Why can't they just construct another 'Psycho Gundam' like mobile suit with 3 GN Drives in it? (or maybe all) It doesn't hurt the plot at all given that the producers had already thrown most of the fancy pants technology they can think of at the story.

Another note to be taken is that, Alejandro is dependant on Livonze. Apparently all the plans executed by the duo so far, majority of the credit is due to Livonze so far. So brace yourself for Alejandro's death once the climax of the season has reached.
GourangaPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:38   Link #339
Tendou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
maybe we see her in a hospital next episode, and she tells saji the secrets and dies
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:41   Link #340
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
maybe we see her in a hospital next episode, and she tells saji the secrets and dies
Nah. She'll disappear for the longest time, just like the spoilers said ("leave the stage"), then come back when least expected to reveal all.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote