AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 41 30.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 28.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 8.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-25, 14:16   Link #141
ReizoSan
Make Your Move
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
It's another Perfect 10 XD! *votes

My hunch was right, immediate rejection for Aiko (I pity her a bit )
But it's good decision for Shin, he avoid creating more problems.

I now have a good opinion of Jun, I think he's a very good older brother to Noe
even risk his life riding the bike in the snow for Hiromi, because he thinks that if he does not do as Hiromi says, Shin might break up with Noe.

*looking forward to the next episode
Is it me or is this starting to feel like incest ??, I feel Noe's brother wanted to be more than a brother when she was sad and lonely and as even Hiromi said he has a "sister complex", And then with Hiromi's feelings for Shin still strong even though shes suppose to be blood related.
My hunch too was that Ai would be rejected like that which was sad to see i would of thought he would of phrased it differently but i really do feel sorry for her, I feel if she gets Shin that would be best ending but this won't happen.
I see Hiromi having a blood test to see if she IS related to Shin if not then she can come out with her feelings, man its so complex at this moment a lot of scenario's could happen which is great .
__________________
Reizo San
ReizoSan is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 14:17   Link #142
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Nice discussion about Jun telling Hiromi that Shin set up the deal. On the one hand, this will tick Hiromi off because Shin is being an interfering busybody. And it will also make her think he does not love her romantically. (This is not unreasonable, since she has told him she is his sister. However, she still seems ready to go for it.)

But on the other hand, it does show that he did it for her sake, so she should appreciate that.

I still think she and Jun make a good couple: they are both stars in their respective schools, it would seem. Both for basketball, him at least for his bike and she for just about everything. And they are both shell-shocked and disappointed in some way. They are both strong and attractive. They are both manipulative. She is the only one so far who seems on his level and able to really stand up to him. If they grew to love each other, I think they could give each other a lot.

From the plot set-up, I expect Shin to end with Hiromi, but the writers still have space to allow any of the three to end up with him, I believe. Even though I prefer Noe, I can definitely see both Hiromi and Ai. Objectively, Ai would be the best partner, it seems to me. But who's objective when it comes to love?

As for learning Japanese, you can never learn if you don't start. (This is advice I have needed myself.) And after getting the basics, immersion (an immersion course or living in Japan) is by far the best way to improve.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 17:36   Link #143
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
hiromi is really becoming annoying.
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 17:43   Link #144
Zanshun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
God I HATE Shin's mother so much, I just can't stand to see her on screen anymore. I about exploded when she claimed Hiromi used her charms to get the whole house on her side. More like everyone is against Shin's mother because she is PMSing constantly; how about that Shin hates you because you look through his mail, discourage his picture books and try to control his life. I'm just comforted by the fact that Shin will never show her love and distance himself from her as much as possible as soon as possible.

Some negative sides of Hiromi were shown but that just makes her more human, her jealousy and regret is just pouring out in each scene. On the contrast Noe remains too pure, though its really hard not to fall in love with her with the recent episodes. That hug was too adorable, and how inspiring and encouraging she is to Shin, how much of a muse or goddess she can be really tugs at the heart. I still really enjoy Hiromi, but I don't want to see Noe hurt at all. As much as I wanna see Hiromi be happy, it might have to be without Shin. If pulled off ridiculously well I'd still be happy with a Hiromi x Shin ending, but I'd be just as content with a Shin x Noe ending as I'm now totally on that bandwagon.

I just hope that preview is a total red herring, if Hiromi so much as kisses Jun I think that would pretty much ruin it for me for her.
Zanshun is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 18:42   Link #145
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If you want Hiromi to be happy, maybe she's better off with Jun?

Just a thought.
DanielSong39 is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 18:53   Link #146
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
hiromi is really becoming annoying.
Spoiler:
I agree with this statement. I'll be disappointed if Hiromi X Shin ending happens, especially since Noe X Shin has so much substance. If Hiromi & Shin hooked up, I don't think it would last. It's not like this'll be the only milestone in their relationship, and the way they're treating each other now tells me that they're not really made for one another.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 534,898 bytes and 180 pixels it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
War_Lord is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 20:02   Link #147
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ai-chan's momentum derailed 5 minutes into the episode. Poor Poor Ai-chan.

That was a good episode though.

Noe went from being ridiculously cute at the beginning of the episode to extremely annoying at the end. God I'm so sick of the damn chicken talk.

Spoiler for Ep 9:


And a question to all those that know Japanese..
Does 'suki' mean "I like you" or "I love you" or does it vary? I noticed on my sub'd episode that it was translated both ways at different moments in the episode, so I was just wondering.
. It can mean "like" and It can mean "love". Usually it is like when someone confesses, when it is used between couples that are already going out means love. Japanese has a word that means "Fallen in love" and one that is exclusive for "love" but they are rarely said by teenagers. It is not really romantic love, a child or parent or sibling will use Suki to tell that they love someone(without incest tone to it).

Last edited by golthin; 2008-02-25 at 20:27.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 20:32   Link #148
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
I agree with this statement. I'll be disappointed if Hiromi X Shin ending happens, especially since Noe X Shin has so much substance. If Hiromi & Shin hooked up, I don't think it would last. It's not like this'll be the only milestone in their relationship, and the way they're treating each other now tells me that they're not really made for one another.
I'm with you on that one. The relationship with Noe x Shin has so much, that for them to split and Hiromi hooking up with Shin, would bother me SO much.
Noe is amazing, and I think that for someone like Shin, she's the perfect match. Like wise, that Shin is the perfect match for Noe. Right now I think things are still a little awkward between them, but that's normal. I really think Noe is growing on Shin though.
__________________

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 20:39   Link #149
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
I'm with you on that one. The relationship with Noe x Shin has so much, that for them to split and Hiromi hooking up with Shin, would bother me SO much.
Noe is amazing, and I think that for someone like Shin, she's the perfect match. Like wise, that Shin is the perfect match for Noe. Right now I think things are still a little awkward between them, but that's normal. I really think Noe is growing on Shin though.
I am having fun sitting back and watching the duel between the Hiromi's fans and the Noe's fans.
My girl already lost so I don't have much to say. Either Noe or Hiromi is fine with me as a partner for Shin. So I don't have to agonize about pairings for this show anymore.

I know there are people still hoping for Aiko to make a comeback, but I am too much of a realistic, even a "Canvas2" ending would seem impossible because Shin has not shown any interest on Aiko during the whole series, not hidden hints about he having any feelings for Aiko.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 20:41   Link #150
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
he even flat out told her that he couldn't see her like that. Infact, it sort of freaked him out.....a lot.
__________________

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 21:02   Link #151
zeth006
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I'm with you there, brutha. But there is ONE problem. A shortage of males. I don't hate Hiromi, but she HAS to end up with SOMEONE at the end. If not Noe's bro, then who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I'm glad Shin cut off Aiko really freaking quickly. I was worried that this episode would have had some garbage with the two of them going back and forth but it was dealt with far better and faster then I had expected.

Hiromi is obviously an absurdly jealous bitch. I hope that bike she's riding on flies off a cliff or something equally fatal (that doesn't involve Noe's brother of course, he'd end up perfectly safe and sound in the end). I can't even see what the hell Shin sees in this girl, she's incredibly lifeless. Yes, it's a given what she's been through, but she's still pushing that act so it just continues to get worse.

And god bless Noe, she's the only character I actually adore in this show. So honest with herself and Shin, and so in love. It's immensely endearing to listen to her flubber on over Shin. It's going to break my heart if the two of them don't stay together. I hope that doesn't happen in any way. I really, really, hope it doesn't.
zeth006 is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 21:13   Link #152
ApostleOfGod
^.^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Zzz. Shin will get with Hiromi. I can guarentee it. They made the plot and the storyline so things will fit. Even Noe said that Shin's going to return her tears, and Noe couldn't cry when she was happy. The opposite extreme, which is sadness, which will likely be the result after Shin decides to be a man and be true to his feelings, will most likely be the reason for her tears coming back. Jun will be there to comfort Noe. Hiromi will accept Shin. Children have lots of fun. And so on.

I find it hard to really really like Noe. I'm not a Hiromi fan, although I do look forward to how things will come to happen between her and Shin, but I'm not a Noe fan either. Noe's character kind of bugs me. Don't get me wrong, she's a great character in the series, and I dare say she is the most developed character in the series. However, the fact that the dramatic irony exists (Noe does not realize that she is really just an obstacle for Shin and Hiromi) bugs me. And I simply turn over the blame to Noe, who isn't really doing anything wrong in her opinion, but I kind of see it as "taking advantage of the situation". Especially with her Raigomaru rants and all that openness about how much she loves him and wants him to love her back.
Ahh, that's it. She speaks her mind too much. It bugs me a little. Nothing serious though.
__________________
There are two ways to live life.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 21:21   Link #153
c^2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
With all the hate for Hiromi, I can't help but think that people are severely misunderstanding her character. Other than using a few similar phrases, she has almost nothing in common with Shin's mother, and the mere comparison is offensive. The words are meaningless if you don't consider the context and intent, and ultimately, the meaning is worlds apart.

She said those words to Noe without thinking, and while they may have represented her true feelings, there was no malice behind them. Her words betrayed a number of emotions, and the result left Noe in wonder. If she had wanted to hurt Noe, there are much easier ways, and if she were anything like Shin's mother, she would have used them. Ironically, she has just given Noe an insight into her emotions, which is exactly what she wanted.

In any case, having those emotions hardly makes someone a bad person. It is how we act on our feelings that determines our character, and clearly Shin's mother is an entirely different beast. What has Hiromi ever done to be deserving of comparison with such an abusive woman? As far as I can see, she has never intentionally hurt anyone. Even at this time, Hiromi is reflecting on her actions, and has gained new insight into her stepmothers feelings.

While everyone is being so critical of Hiromi, how about Noe? Just last episode Noe said some rather awful things, as she did during her first encounter with Shin. Those were not at all nice things to say. In fact, if Shin had overheard that fight with Hiromi, that would have almost certainly destroyed any possibility of a relationship with Noe.

Noe wants to understand Shin, and wants to help him. At the time, Hiromi's feelings probably never even crossed her mind. As perceptive as Noe is though, I doubt it will be long before she pieces together the rest of the picture. I think she will probably break it off herself, and then play the part of the the angel that Shin always saw her in.

Anyway, another wonderful episode in a brilliant series!
c^2 is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 21:52   Link #154
cloudninja
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I think you need to look at things from a broader perspective regarding Hiromi than just what has happened in the narrow timeframe of this show so far.

Shin's own words in episode 1 at 11:50 regarding her change since moving in.
"I've always been in the same class as her since elementary school. I was really surprised. She was always so cheerful. I loved her smile. I loved her smile..." Which shows that they probably got along great for years prior to Hiromi moving in. Since he can't seem to get over Hiromi, Shin probably is still hoping to get back to the way they were before and advance from there.

Shin and Hiromi were childhood friends and classmates since elementary school so they share a long history together. Hiromi probably "earned" Shin's love a long time ago, long before the timeframe of this show and Shin in turn earned Hiromi's love long ago as well. Even though she has been distant towards Shin since moving in he has always suspected that she had a reason, which he found out at the end of episode 6. You can tell Shin does'nt believe it and in fact believes that his mother is lying to and manipulating Hiromi. In the preview clip at the end of episode 8 you can hear Shin saying to his mother "Mom, you're acting all strange. You're putting all sorts of strange thoughts into Hiromi". And I'm betting that Shin's right.

In contrast to Shin's long history with Hiromi, he has only known Noe for what, probably 2 months or so, maybe less? Only in episode 8 has he started to date Noe and even then it was to help Hiromi as part of the "deal" with Jun.

Aiko shares a long history with Shin as well but he never saw her the same way he did with Hiromi. To him she was a childhood friend who was more like an older sister who he confided in. It did'nt help that she referred to herself as an older sister and he was like her younger brother as well. Then she also accepted Nobuse's confession which placed another huge mental block in his mind against seeing her in romantic terms. She finally confessed to Shin at the end of episode 7.

So considering how long Shin has loved Hiromi, it should make more sense that his very recent interaction with Noe and Aiko is'nt even close to being enough yet to dislodge Hiromi from his heart. You can't judge how Shin and Hiromi feel about each other just from what's happened in these first 8 episodes because that does'nt take into account the many years they knew each other before that.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-25 at 22:37.
cloudninja is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 22:41   Link #155
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
I think you need to look at things from a broader perspective regarding Hiromi than just what has happened in the narrow timeframe of this show so far.

Shin's own words in episode 1 at 11:50 regarding her change since moving in.
"I've always been in the same class as her since elementary school. I was really surprised. She was always so cheerful. I loved her smile. I loved her smile..." Which shows that they probably got along great for years prior to Hiromi moving in. Since he can't seem to get over Hiromi, Shin probably is still hoping to get back to the way they were before and advance from there.

Shin and Hiromi were childhood friends and classmates since elementary school so they share a long history together. Hiromi probably "earned" Shin's love a long time ago, long before the timeframe of this show and Shin in turn earned Hiromi's love long ago as well. Even though she has been distant towards Shin since moving in he has always suspected that she had a reason, which he found out at the end of episode 6. You can tell Shin does'nt believe it and in fact believes that his mother is lying to and manipulating Hiromi. In the preview clip at the end of episode 8 you can hear Shin saying to his mother "Mom, you're acting all strange. You're putting all sorts of strange thoughts into Hiromi". And I'm betting that Shin's right.

In contrast to Shin's long history with Hiromi, he has only known Noe for what, probably 2 months or so, maybe less? Only in episode 8 has he started to date Noe and even then it was to help Hiromi as part of the "deal" with Jun.

Aiko shares a long history with Shin as well but he never saw her the same way he did with Hiromi. To him she was a childhood friend who was more like an older sister who he confided in. It did'nt help that she referred to herself as an older sister and he was like her younger brother as well. Then she also accepted Nobuse's confession which placed another huge mental block in his mind against seeing her in romantic terms. She finally confessed to Shin at the end of episode 7.

So considering how long Shin has loved Hiromi, it should make more sense that his very recent interaction with Noe and Aiko is'nt even close to being enough yet to dislodge Hiromi from his heart. You can't judge how Shin and Hiromi feel about each other just from what's happened in these first 8 episodes because that does'nt take into account the many years they knew each other before that.
Yeah man totally agree with you. I really do like Hiromi, i feel bad for her, and i hope she gets with Shin in the end. At the same time, i wish Shin won't break Noe's heart if he DOES get with Hiromi. She is an innocent and pure girl and quite cute too . Anyway, im really torn apart by these two, but i think for Shin and Hiromi to get together is the best for the both of them. Deep down in side, they love eachother. The only reason (imo) that Shin is going out with Noe is not that he really loves her 100%, but rather, with him trying to mentally block out Hiromi, he thinks he's beginning to like Noe. Truth is, hiromi and shin still love each otherrrrrr.

man diz anime izzz g0000d
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2008-02-25, 23:24   Link #156
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't think you can really play the childhood friend card with Hiromi. They were friends when they were in elementary school but it fizzled out. Ai fits the description much more closely, since she is his friend NOW and is someone he can talk to (or could, before the events of episode 7).

As for Shin and Hiromi's "love" we've seen a combination of longing, jealousy, bitterness, lies, scheming, pity, and regret. I'm not sure what your definition of love is, but whatever they have going seems like a poor substitute for love if you ask me.

It's refreshing to see Shin and Hiromi get second chances with people that, honestly, suits them better. I think Shin/Noe and Hiromi/Jun can work and will be cheering for it all the way. Shin/Hiromi has all the earmarks of a destructive relationship that may be fun to see on screen but devastating in reality. Not quite bad as School Days, M;Y, or KGNE, but heartbreaking all the same.
DanielSong39 is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 00:18   Link #157
cloudninja
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I don't think you can really play the childhood friend card with Hiromi. They were friends when they were in elementary school but it fizzled out. Ai fits the description much more closely, since she is his friend NOW and is someone he can talk to (or could, before the events of episode 7).

As for Shin and Hiromi's "love" we've seen a combination of longing, jealousy, bitterness, lies, scheming, pity, and regret. I'm not sure what your definition of love is, but whatever they have going seems like a poor substitute for love if you ask me.

It's refreshing to see Shin and Hiromi get second chances with people that, honestly, suits them better. I think Shin/Noe and Hiromi/Jun can work and will be cheering for it all the way. Shin/Hiromi has all the earmarks of a destructive relationship that may be fun to see on screen but devastating in reality. Not quite bad as School Days, M;Y, or KGNE, but heartbreaking all the same.
You're focusing on certain details while conveniently ignoring others. Have you thought of why it seems they're acting destructively? You're putting all the blame on Shin and Hiromi while leaving no mention of Shin's mother who is the main reason their relations are strained. Did you think their relations got that way on their own? You're assuming they are naturally destructive with each other. If you paid attention then you would have known that it did'nt get this way until Hiromi first moved in and Shin's mother told her that 'revelation' that was revealed in episode 6. Since then Shin's mother has continued to mentally abuse Hiromi. Do you honestly think that Shin and Hiromi would still act destructively if they find out that what Shin's mother said was'nt true and she decides to treat Hiromi better? Because we'll find out soon since there's only 5 episodes left.

Ai fits the childhood friend description from the confidant and 'older sister' perspective. Shin did'nt have that exact same type of relationship with Hiromi but that was because of his feelings for her. He remained on friendly terms with Hiromi until she moved in, they didn't suddenly become distant after the elementary school days. It was after she moved in, and then only because of Shin's mother.

Love is not about giving up easily because then that would not be love. You give up only when it's impossible to proceed any further rather than giving up at the first sign of difficulty. What kind of love is it if you don't continue to struggle against the obstacles for the one you love and instead settle for someone else because it would be easier? Is that your definition of love?. If they turn out to be siblings, then it's fine to have to settle for someone else. If they are not, it's only right for them to continue holding out for each other as evidence of how strong their love is. Good love stories are about striving towards something rather than running away and doing your best in 'settling' for less than what you want.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-26 at 00:39.
cloudninja is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 00:52   Link #158
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Good love stories are about striving towards something rather than running away and doing your best in 'settling' for less than what you want.
I have to say, Amen to that. It's precisely the fact that Hiromi and Shinichirou have to face so many obstacles in their relationship that points all the more strongly to their ending up together. I mean, all things being equal, if both Hiromi and Shinichirou could follow their hearts, say what they really want to say, and do what they really want to do without any fear, what would they do and say? We basically already know the answer to that question, and have for some time now. The show is throwing obstacle after obstacle in their way, and the characters are struggling to find a way to cope with the changing reality. But, take all the trappings away, and at the show's heart, you have two star-crossed hope-to-be-lovers who, due to animosity between their families, can't find a way to be honest with each other and admit their feelings, hence their struggle. That's the stuff good love stories are made of. The struggle (or as you put it, "striving") only occurs because the destination is worth the trip.
relentlessflame is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 00:57   Link #159
c^2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I don't think you can really play the childhood friend card with Hiromi. They were friends when they were in elementary school but it fizzled out. Ai fits the description much more closely, since she is his friend NOW and is someone he can talk to (or could, before the events of episode 7).
They were friend since elementary school, and they have always been in the same class. From what we know, they got along very well, until she moved in with them around a year ago. They have only showed the one flashback sequence, but that is because of the significance of it, not because it was a passing childhood memory. Ai may have a closer relationship with him today, but we really know very little about their past.

Quote:
As for Shin and Hiromi's "love" we've seen a combination of longing, jealousy, bitterness, lies, scheming, pity, and regret. I'm not sure what your definition of love is, but whatever they have going seems like a poor substitute for love if you ask me.
Longing, jealousy, and regret are perfectly understandable and natural given the circumstances. I'm not sure what scheming, pity, and lies you are talking about though. In any case, none of these are a substitute for anything; all indications are that the love existed long before fate visited Hiromi and placed her in eternal torment.

For those who insist on labeling Hiromi as a liar, consider what could happen if her secret is exposed. There is a very real possibility that this could destroy Shin's family. It is no wonder she has gone to such lengths to protect it, both for her own sake and for theirs. Sometimes, merely keeping your mouth shut is not enough, and to call her a liar for maintaining a secret is excessive.

Quote:
It's refreshing to see Shin and Hiromi get second chances with people that, honestly, suits them better. I think Shin/Noe and Hiromi/Jun can work and will be cheering for it all the way. Shin/Hiromi has all the earmarks of a destructive relationship that may be fun to see on screen but devastating in reality. Not quite bad as School Days, M;Y, or KGNE, but heartbreaking all the same.
Well, as much as I like Hiromi, I won't argue about Noe. However, I don't think we know enough about their past relationship to say one way or the other. I do think you are out of your mind to suggest that Jun suits anyone though.
c^2 is offline  
Old 2008-02-26, 01:02   Link #160
jaisrh
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I don't think you can really play the childhood friend card with Hiromi. They were friends when they were in elementary school but it fizzled out.
Quote:
he at least has a working relationship with Ai (or did, before Ai's Sekai moment), unlike Hiromi which was put on ice ever since elementary school.

Where did you get the idea that Hiromi became distant and cold towards Shin starting back from the end of elementary school? I've seen you say the same thing in a couple of posts now. That misconception could easily affect how you see things for the worse. Any other misconceptions we could help you with?

I can see how that misconception makes you think worse of Hiromi. I wonder how accurate your view of the story is because of that and other possible misconceptions. You need to have an accurate assessment of the situation otherwise your view automatically becomes biased.

Last edited by jaisrh; 2008-02-26 at 01:29.
jaisrh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.