AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-02, 15:22   Link #21
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
I'm guessing you might like Canvas and Ah! My Goddes
Old 2008-05-05, 00:11   Link #22
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

I thought School Days is bit violent and brutal and thats why i love School Days and the nice little shock value that it came with.

Anyways i recommend Asatte no Hokou which i recently watched and loved it. Just when i thought i watch most of the good romance out there, someone revealed this to me.
Old 2008-05-13, 02:40   Link #23
Clyde
Egoclapper

Thanks for the recommends so far.

BTW, do you think I'd like Myself; Yourself, it doesn't seem to have a bad ending, it's nicely drawn and the plot sounds nice, hm? Would it fit my taste?
Old 2008-05-13, 02:44   Link #24
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Mmm ... i don't really know, but chances are you wouldn't like some aspects of it. The show is rather subpar anyway; i would suggest checking out some of the other suggestions first.
Old 2008-05-13, 02:52   Link #25
Nuku_Nuku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post

BTW, do you think I'd like Myself; Yourself, it doesn't seem to have a bad ending, it's nicely drawn and the plot sounds nice, hm? Would it fit my taste?

I LOVED THAT ANIME its really good

Please Twins and FullMoon also good
Old 2008-05-13, 03:04   Link #26
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:

I'll agree with Skyfall here. It's not necessarily bad, but I definitely wouldn't rank it among some of the other stuff that's already been mentioned.
There's some dark stuff in the series too:
Spoiler for Stuff about Myself; Yourself that might change your mind, a touch of spoilers.:

I would try the stuff that's been previously mentioned first.
And though Myself; Yourself's ending wasn't a bad ending, it wasn't a good ending script/story-wise.
Old 2008-05-13, 03:08   Link #27
Clyde
Egoclapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Mmm ... i don't really know, but chances are you wouldn't like some aspects of it. The show is rather subpar anyway; i would suggest checking out some of the other suggestions first.
Wow, thanks for the fast respond What do you mean by subpar? Like, not standart or what? And what about the aspects I wouldn't like?

BTW, I managed to watch a part of the School Day OVA (w/ Kozonohas little sister) >_>
Spoiler for censorship:

edit:/ WTF is animal cruelty?
Old 2008-05-13, 03:16   Link #28
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the fast respond What do you mean by subpar? Like, not standart or what? And what about the aspects I wouldn't like?
By subpar, SF probably meant that it's doesn't quite reach the standard set by other similar anime, so it's not as good as some of the other stuff.
And the stuff in the spoiler. I didn't like it.
Quote:
BTW, I managed to watch a part of the School Day OVA (w/ Kozonohas little sister) >_>
Spoiler for censorship:
Which OVA? The Valentine's Day one or Magical Heart Kokoro-chan?
And yes, Makoto is a FSF.
Quote:
When one exhibits cruel and unusual acts towards an animal, similar to what one would consider indecent to do towards another human.
Old 2008-05-13, 03:18   Link #29
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
For me, Myself ; Yourself is episodically hit or miss. I've rated some (close to a third) of M;Y episodes 10/10 (which is very very very rare), but I've also given very low ratings for it also. While I gave it a 6/10 average, I must admit that I really liked some of its episodes, and I would recommend it to anyone even though it's pretty mediocre just for those very good episodes. What I hated the most was the bad ending (plot-wise). Of course it's completely subjective, but I just don't like it. It turned my favorite "arc" of M ; Y into something shitty. No, I won't elaborate.

Yeah, Kokoro-chan is pretty cute, and I'm not talking about Makoto's definition of cute.

Animal cruelty is when an act of cruelty is being done to an animal. I'm not sure how else to describe this. Let's say you know this girl name Lucy and you really hate her. You find the dog that she likes and kicks it then smash it to death with a vase. That's a good example.
Old 2008-05-13, 03:27   Link #30
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
It had some nice potential at the start, but it all went down the drain along the way. It seems the writers realized they are out of time and have much to cover ... despite that we had quite a bit of scenes that contributed very little, we got rushed relationship developments, mishandled characterization and a very abrupt ending
Spoiler for slight plot detail:
. It also has a tendency of not showing resolutions for tense or otherwise important moments. It builds up the tension and then leaves you hanging by not showing the resolution. A few very important scenes suffered from this. Some episodes are good, some are just plain bad.

Some aspects of the show were handled nicely, but it fell a victim to poor time management and ever-shifting focus. It seemed the writers didn't really know where exactly to take the story, so we got a rather mixed bag. Unfortunately what passes as the "main pairing" of the series got the shortest stick, as it was also the most poorly executed one and ultimately came across as forced.

To quote myself from the overall series impression thread:
"it started out as somewhat generic, but it had all the ingredients needed to make for a fine meal. It really did. Too bad the cook never seemed to know what is it he actually wants to bake, nor how to go about it."

I could rave long and hard about the title, but this is not really the place

Quote:
Doing something bad to an animal.
Old 2008-05-13, 03:40   Link #31
Clyde
Egoclapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Doing something bad to an animal.
Ahh... For a second or two, I thought of Zoophilia...
Old 2008-05-13, 05:06   Link #32
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I've seen my share of romance anime, and personally my top 3 reccomendations would be(in no particular order):

Nodame Cantabile
Honey and Clover
5 CM per second

Nodame Cantabile is very funny and left me feeling all funny inside afterwards, watch the first episode!

Honey and Clover was top notch drama and the best thing about it was that you could see all the characters "grow up" throughout. That's pretty rare in romance anime.

5 cm per second made me cry (which is darn difficult) so yeah...

I've never liked eroge adaptatins as much as other people commenting here, though Ef was pretty good, I just found them to be a bit too sacharine for my tastes sometimes. I like Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover as they're a bit more mellow.
Old 2008-05-13, 09:02   Link #33
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Fushigi Yuugi
Absolute Boyfriend
Mars
Kare Kano
Ceres Celestial Legend
Sailor Moon
Paradise Kiss
The Devil Does Exist
Ultra Maniac
Fushigi Yugi
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Sensual Phrase
Punch!
Akuma De Sourou
Ultra Cute
Mars
High School Debut
Doubt!!

Bokura ga Ita
Kare First Love
Marmalade Boy
Fushigi Yuugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Mars
Happy Hustle High
Kare First Love
Sailor Moon
Peach Girl
The Devil Does Exist
Punch!
Fushigi Yugi
Sensual Phrase
Kare Kano
Paradise Kiss
His and Her Circumstances
Absolute Boyfriend

These show the couple as boyfriend/girlfriend and dating and in a relationship.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2008-05-13 at 09:39.
Old 2008-05-19, 04:49   Link #34
Clyde
Egoclapper

Uh, thanks, but most of the listed stuff doesn't really fit me and my taste.

BTW
Tonagura! seems like fun to me, is it good?

Sorry for bothering again.
Closed Thread

Tags
nonviolent, romance